Dream Drop Distance Nomura and Hashimoto interview about "Kingdom Hearts for 3DS"

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Noise, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Because the voice actor was older which worked for KH2, but then he had to voice his own character a year younger for CoM

2. Noise For Love and Justice

the actor of Sora, Hayley Joel Osmend (spellin >P )

was young when he first voiced Sora.

then a few years later KH2 came out and his voice, as did Sora, change.

but then they went back and did Re:CoM

thus, making it so we had to deal with the fact that the voice actors were older.

same for Riku.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Adding myself to the 'god damn it, Nomura, just make KH3' hate train.

I am so sick of these ridiculous spin-offs, true BBS looks like a really great game, but the Kingdom Hearts series is not at all what it used to be anymore. Before there was a clear direction of where the story would go; you knew where the next release was going to pick off. It was a clear straight line. Now, it's something like this:
    [​IMG]

I don't think I can afford to be a Kingdom Hearts fan. >:|

4. Arch Mana Knight

I was thinking this too just yesterday. I want a new PSP since my old one(the first PSP model, yay!) has a broken Ad-Hoc switch...but since there's another game coming out after Birth By Sleep, I'll need to get a 3DS to play it. Dx

Back on topic:

I'm a little annoyed by this. I just want the series to move forward now. I thought Coded was pushing it as it is with the KH1 outfits since there's already two other games in which Sora and Riku are in those costumes(the original and Chain of Memories). Hopefully this isn't more flashback stuff. Maybe it might be a Riku-based game. I'm kind of hoping it's not but then I'd have absolutely no idea how this would work.

5. Aurangzeb56 Chaser

Well i kinda like it since we get new moves and new bosses and battles in every game and also since every game is different (except COM/Re COM and Coded/Recoded ^^") so its fun to explore that part of the game ^^

6. Noise For Love and Justice

true. this is getting to be a bit much.

however in the future, when we replay these games. (after we have all of them) we can start at BBS and go in a straight line all the way to the end of the KH story.

so yes, NOW it sucks..but soon. well...i hope. not so much :/

7. C This silence is mine

Yeah come on Nomura, how long do you think you can keep us satisfied by random spin-offs? Just give us KH3 already, after that you can continue with your milking of the franchise.

8. Noise For Love and Justice

this is very true. i liked the BBS and Days spin off...but now...

i really just want my KH3 >(

its getting to be a bit much but i love love LOVE! KH so i more than likely will still buy this new game.

9. Rena88 Twilight Town Denizen

But of course, KH3DS will have material that'll probably be vital to KH3...

I actually have a theory of the 3DS plot (all completely speculative, obviously).
    Spoilers for BBS and possibly Coded (although I've never really played/paid attention to it):
    It comes after KH2, when Sora gets the King's letter. It'll be about about Sora delving into whatever data Ansem said he implanted into him. Riku helps because Ansem told him something about it, it's just a data Riku (like Coded), or Ansem possibly left data in Riku too (or more possibly, Riku just wants to have fun in data world like Sora). This whole thing will lead up to finding out what the data is (probably what Xehanort/Xemnas was researching). Which will lead the group to how to find TAV. (Is there supposed to be another game before KH3? Reconnected, possibly? The actual saving of TAV, etc. Which would follow 3DS and be before KH3.)

But, that's just some rambling from a slightly ignorant fan. No doubt I'll probably be completely wrong come a more informative trailer/interview.

10. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

You guys realise this isn't a case of "Nomura isn't making KH3", it's a case of "Nomura CAN'T make KH3 at this point". The original KH Team is working on FFvsXIII, and that obviously has priority, as it's already in progress. Besides, Nomura already begun drafts of the story idea, but he needs to wait until the team are finished with with vsXIII until KH3 can really begin moving.

11. dirk123 Destiny Islands Resident

Well, I think Nomura should write the KH3 story and let the BBS team carry it out. They did an excellent job with BBS after all.

12. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm curious about this game as well; Since we know very little about it. and yea I would like to see KH3. and maybe the story can finally make sense a little bit :3

Like I'm hoping they wouldn't be in there kh1 clothes either. I want new clothes ^^.

13. Cartoon Moomba Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't know where I read this or whether it's true or not (probably not, since I just saw the actual interview for the first time) but someone mentioned how this could be a remake of the first game where you play as both Sora and Riku, not just Riku, hence adding a whole new dimension to the game... though I can't honestly imagine this on the 3DS, but I'm just not a handheld game fan.

I'm not even all that interested in playing Re:Coded, since it's on 3DS (300$...) mostly. I'm hoping that this is not anything that will capture my attention so much that I blow money on both the game and the console... I just want FFversusXIII to be finished so we could have KH3 already. =/

14. ClankDaxter Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm just sad that it's for DS! I'm pretty sure I won't be buying one! And if it's "the next major game" they should have choosen the PSP or PS3... And since the creators of BBS are probably going to create it, it means they already have experience with the PSP. And the PSP can get better graphics! And Traverse Town, original outfits, old ages... Doesn't sound so good to me! Curious about how the story will be!

15. Patman Bof

Nomura said that KH3 would be made on one of the the existing console (probably PS3) but that the development wouldn' t start before 2012.
    As for KH3D since it features Sora and Riku with KH1 outfits I suppose it' s gonna be a prequel to KH1.
    358/2 Days already hinted that things happened to them on Destiny Islands before KH1 (in the snarl of memories cutscene).

16. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I wonder what these events could possibly be. If Sora and Riku ended up in Traverse Town BEFORE the events of KH1 but they look exactly the same as the time of KH1 then when did they end up there and how?

These are the things that i'm really curious about.

17. Noise For Love and Justice

whaa? i read an article or something awhile back saying it had started like early pre-production...Nomura said its not likely it will be out before 2012 atleast thats what i read.

18. Arch Mana Knight

More importantly, why wouldn't anyone remember it if they had traveled to Traverse Town before KH1? The only thing that's really going for the idea that KH 3D is going to be before Kingdom Hearts 1, is the fact that Nomura stated the character we would be playing as is different than what we're used to(I think he was talking about Sora). I know he was either talking about his personallity or the fact that it may not be Sora(ANOTHER DATA SORA OMG). Sora may have been a completely different kid before KH1. ...Oh wait, no he wasn't. B| Unless he started getting massive teen angst for a short period of time and/or everything in KH 3D gets forgotten by the characters, it's not going to be before KH1. I have no idea how Nomura can pull this off without resorting to the same type of deal he did with Coded and Chain of Memories. Either Sora forgets everything or it's not really Sora. Otherwise it makes no sense to have the game before KH1. And for any other period of time besides KH1 or slightly after it would make no sense having the original Sora go through these adventures. Alternate Dimension? Character isn't really Sora? Sora forgets everything for use later on in the plot? I dunno...>>

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

The whole memory theory would be the most logical thing though I think it may be that we play as Riku (I believe he is a playable character) and we see this from his point of view as well. Maybe this happened, he got back to the islands,
    maybe he used his Keyblade that he got from Terra to get around?
    and wanted to see if there were other worlds besides the ones that he visited. Hence his drive to leave in KH1. This probably isn't the case though.

20. Arch Mana Knight

That's something a lot of fans want. To see Riku's side of the story. I could care less personally as Riku isn't that cool.
    He didn't get a keyblade from Terra. The ritual Terra did was intended to give the keyblade to Riku someday. But we know how that turned out. Sora got it, Riku didn't. Riku even shows his surprise when he sees Sora with a keyblade and even seems jealous when they run into each other in Traverse Town(also Riku thought Sora was replacing him or something).