Dream Drop Distance New opening song?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Sanya, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Alright well... I'm not saying Simple and Clean or Sanctuary (+ all the remixes) are bad songs because they are both really good, but am I the only one who would like to see a new opening song for each of the future games? Because I feel those two songs are really becoming old and are no longer fresh.

Though the question would be should Utada make a new song just for the KH series or just use another song she has already made? Or maybe have a new artist do the opening all together? I feel that the OST is very important in a game but the KH series seems to be getting lazy with the last few games.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think they should keep with the songs they've used. I mean, it's what makes the opening of Kingdom Hearts. There hasn't been anything new, and doing something new this far in the game would be kinda strange.
    And didn't they use something different with BBS?

3. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Lol no... it's the same opening as KH1.

I don't mean change out all the OST tracks because I agree some of them need to stay in there, but things like the opening/ending and maybe a few others are certainly outdated and repetitive. It's seriously turning into "oh look, it's this song again".

4. Krowley Moderator

I don't think we'll be hearing anything new until KH3.
    Since these "Add-On Sequels" act as side stories and unexplained events, I guess they figure re-using it would be best. (Not to fans though -_-)
    Simple and Clean was used for KH1, BBS, Re:Coded and Re:Com.
    Games where Roxas appears features Sanctuary. (KH2, 358/2 Days)

5. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

I guess I can see what you mean, so Kh3 would be the best chance of hearing anything new. God knows when that will be. But still the game is well overdue for a new soundtrack. I mean BBS did have some good battle and character themes etc. but still too many tracks being recycled, especially the op and ed.

6. Krowley Moderator

I think Birth By sleep was the only game to add new footage to the opening (Considering it wouldn't make sense to add Future clips from KH1/2)
    Also, these Add-ons are for Portable systems, so they likely will do the same with KH3D. (Though I pray we see some sort of remastered theme at the least)

7. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

No, your argument is invalid. Go away.

well I don't think Utada is going to be making anymore songs for it because apparently Disney isn't paying her well enough. Idk. A new song would be nice. all of her songs were just made and then SE took it for KH. I still remember when Passion came out and I watched the video for it. never knew it would be used in KHV. PLUS she's on hiatus

A new song would be nice

8. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

>:

Also where did you hear about Disney and Utada?

9. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Your mom said it

10. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Lawl. Well I haven't seen this interview before, I guess that explains a lot. I wonder if there will be a new artist for KH3 then.

11. Misty gimme kiss

For those who don't want to open/read the thirteen page PDF (thanks Sabby):
    So she has... pretty justified reasons for not continuing with the Kingdom Hearts series, haha.

It is getting really old to have Hikari/Simple & Clean or Passion/Sanctuary be the theme you hear over and over again. I mean they're excellent songs and I think there's something to be said for the connecting thread, of sorts, they create between the games, but something new would be nice.

Even if Utada doesn't make a new song for the games I'd love it if they went back into her discography and got something (like Heart Station or Beautiful World or something), but that's pretty unlikely/wishful thinking.

If they don't stick with the ones they've already used I would imagine they'd get another Japanese artist to do the songs. I don't really see the need to make an English version of each song, I guess to make the games more accessible to audiences that aren't really into JRPGs, but I tend to favor the Japanese versions of the songs. That may just be personal preference, though.
    I found the lyrics to Sanctuary to be a bit cringe-worthy at times. ._. I'm sure it was because Utada had to struggle to find something that fit the melody but... IN YOOOOOOOOU AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII THERE'S A NEW LAHAHAHAAAAAAND.

12. Jin うごかないで

I agree with you there , they are both good songs. Even though i did start of with KH2 as my first KH game (yes , i did . don't kill me for it. D:) Sanctuary , the song in the advert. was what made me want to buy it. the primary thing that made me want to buy it because the song was so beautiful. In a way it gave me a mental image about all the adventures and everything. and so i begged my mom to buy the game after seeing the advert on at my friends house..yes , she went to town and bought it me in under an hour and at this point the game was still about £30 or so. Going off topic here , but yes. The songs are good. But even I'm tired of hearing the same opening song each time now. It would be nice for something different. But it can't be helped. We can't order square-enix to make changes or anything can we? [/rant]

13. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I personally would like to see something new, but I don't really know anything that would fit very well. Hikari/Simple and Clean represent, to me, the more lighthearted feel that the games take even though they still delve into very deep issues. As for Passion/Sanctuary, I'm not so sure. My thought is that if they're going to reuse the songs, they should have kept Simple and Clean and not worried too much about having a new song for Kingdom Hearts 2. That's probably what they're trying to do now, but since both songs are very iconic to the series, it's very hard to pick just one to represent the whole series. My thought is that if they don't do something new, they should use Simple and Clean for everything, even Updated Rereleases of the ones with Sanctuary. Maybe switch the language version on some games? You know, Japan gets S&C while English gets Hikari?

14. Arch Mana Knight

Add-On Sequels? You're actually including Birth by Sleep in that? You've lost your right to exist.

Anyways, I say that for KH3 we should just have Bump of Chicken do a new opening or at least get Takeharo Ishimoto on the job because that guy's freaking awesome. We've had Utada around the KH series long enough. It's time for someone new to come in and give us a fresh opening. Though Square could just get lazy and leave us stuck with Simple and Clean or Passion forever.

15. Llave Superless Moderator

Hmm... I know Utada Hikaru doesn't want to have any more songs due to the stress of translation and "lack of being paid" by Disney, but at least for KHIII, I would love to have just one more new song.

If I had to nominate that song, I would go with "Beautiful World" in a heart beat. It is a lovely song and I think it would fit the final chapter of the Xehanort saga.

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Don't get me wrong, I love you, but does that mean I have to meet your father?"
    That line feels so out of place with the game to me lol

But yeah, I would prefer an English song, though I won't deny that the Japanese music is beautiful<3
    More than anything, I would love another Utada song (PAY HER, DISNEY), keyword: another.
    But if they find someone else willing to do it and the song is on par with Simple and Clean and Passion, I wouldn't complain.

17. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Do you know how hard it is to translate songs from Japanese to English?
    LOL if you listen to both Hikari and Simple and Clean. There is a big difference in tempo. It's really difficult to try to translate every word from Japanese because then it wouldn't fit enough with the rhythm. So I guess she really had to make a ton of changes. LOL

Seriously.. try singing a japanese song with the english translation. It's hard as hell

18. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Well, if you have a good understanding of English there are always synonyms that'll work to fill in syllables. It still doesn't sound quite right, but there are MANY great fan translations out there of Japanese songs (rockleetist and Cristina Vee come to mind). I think the reason Simple and Clean didn't work for that was because there were several puns that didn't take in English, right? Not sure on this one and I can't really check my facts now. Anyway, I still hold that Simple and Clean/Hikari works best for the series as a whole. If they keep reusing songs, that's what'll be best. If they don't just use that, then I'd like for them to use all new songs for the rest of the series. I recall that they hired "Your Favorite Enemies" to record certain mixes of "The Messenger" for Dissidia, so they're a great option if they want a new song.

19. Krowley Moderator

What I mean by that, is all portable released games.
    Also my right to exist was taken a loong time ago...

Sad Utada won't be recording KH3 since according to Utada's father; "Disney didn't pay enough."
    I wouldn't mind hearing an epic instrumental (Like in the BBS Trailer)

20. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I would really like a new opening song, Hikari and Passion were excellent songs, but after so many games, they got tiring, not to say that they didn't weren't great. I wouldn't mind if there was a repeated song for Dream Drop Distance, but at least let there being something new for Kingdom Hearts III.