Monsters and Men; The Remake

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Teliana might have choked back laughter if she was any less experienced. Depends on who you're buying the drink for? Did I not make it obvious? Still, she carried on, keeping her eyes and attention on him and tilting her body in a way that let the light hit her curves all just right. Unless this kid was a virgin, this should work. But Teliana didn't rule the possibility of failure. It kept her life interesting, if not a little more dangerous than she hoped. Keeping her charming smile plastered on her lips, she leaned forward conspiratorially towards Lumen, her eyes darting over his figure in a quick analysis before carrying on.

"Well, one of my friends came into an unfortunate incident, and I need help getting them out of it. But if you are truly interested, then we should at least introduce each other." Holding out her hand, she let her cheeks flush. "Mine is Teli, and yours?" If this didn't work, then Alyse would simply have to take the boring job, no matter how she protested. And yes, she would not be happy.

[​IMG]
    Speaking of Alyse, she was not so happily resting against the bar, waiting for the attention of her friend and boss. The strange man kept most of his attention on Dayla, though at one point he turned and stared at her. Alyse fought down the strong instinct to growl and stalk forward, staking her claim on this place, and the people around her. The wolf whispered that this man was a threat to her authority and territory, and she needed to take care of it. But the human instincts remained in place, thankfully much more in control then earlier, against Kord. Alyse narrowed her eyes at the man's comment about the help, but declined to offer a comment. She wasn't going to barge in a conversation that clearly didn't involve her. At around this time, Derrick or whatever his name was came up and ordered more alcohol. Witchers were different from humans in many ways, but Alyse hoped he wouldn't get blind drunk before attempting whatever Teliana had planned.

She also hoped he wouldn't try to talk to her. Her nerves were already frayed, and she didn't want to risk giving anything away that might cause him to turn on her.

Mister Bob
    Master Robertius Tiberius Kraven, or simply Bob, as he was known, walked down the hallway with purpose. He had two tasks ahead of him, and the way this night went depended not only on his choices, but on those of the man he had been sent to interrogate. While Bob didn't like to profit off his days with the witch hunters, learning their craft and recording it in journals for the purpose of history, there simply wasn't much work in the city for a scholar of his note. And while he had caused the deaths of (probably) innocent people, he liked to think that he had saved a great deal more. Hopefully the gods would see it the same way, and allow him entrance into the afterlife.

Opening the door, Bob stepped in and shut the creaking thing behind him. The
    witcher had clearly already been worked over, to the best of the guards' barbaric extent. They didn't retain much skill or subtlety. For a commoner, it probably would have broken them. But a witcher was a different breed altogether. With a sigh, Bob set down his belt of heavy equipment. "So you're the one everyone is making a fuss about. Crossed the wrong side of the delicate balance of peace, and now they want me to get information from you." He unrolled the belt, his fingers cringing at the touch of cold steel. "If you're going to scream a name, I doubt it'll be one they want to hear. So you can use mine, it's Bob. Robertius is usually too much of a mouthful for torture victims."

2. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Veceslav was meditating, while it wasn't as easy to do as he normally would it helped passing the time. While he meditated he kept half an eye on what was happening outside of his cell. He heard the footsteps approach down the hallway, before the man entered the cell. He eyed the man up and down judging from the toolbelt the man was a torturer. Veceslav showed a quick smile on his face. Oh this was just too good to be true wasn't it. They were going to take full advantage of this opportunity to torment a witcher that saved their city from a damn sea serpent. He doubted this was any form of standard procedure for criminals.

The man in front of him told him he crossed the delicate balance of peace. Clearly this man never got outside of his office or house. "
    You clearly don't know what you are on about, between the Nilfgaardians across the Pontar and the raiders from Skellige blockading your port attacking your city with a sea serpent I wouldn't exactly call it peace time. Not that that matters to you, because whatever I'll be saying are lies. Figured that one of the most populous cities in the North would be a bit more civilized than sending such shining examples of justice and the law as yourself on naught more than a common criminal." Veceslav said with a little venom in his voice. "If you want information what happened to a normal interrogation and conversation. Clearly common sense has long been abandoned in this city, those guards wouldn't have stood a fighting chance if I had drawn my blade and now after I let myself be taken away, beating by those lousy dogs you intend to torture me? You can go straight to Poviss." Near the end Veceslav's voice had been raised and he was venting some of the anger he was saving on those valiant defenders of public order.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Dayla went to deal with Alyse but Enok continued to speak with her, not that she totally minded it. She put her customers first after all, but she did want to keep her employee happy. "Well I have some good help, but running this place isn't a cheap as you may think. I can't afford another employee right now, not with winter coming." Dayla explained to Enok while one of the Witchers walked up to the bar to order drinks. Dayla gave the witcher a nod and began to fill a mug of her stronger ale. "Here you are." She said handing over the ale before turning towards Alyse once more.

As she turned to Alyse she took a few steps away from the males to give them room to talk.
    "Are you wanting to speak to me about something?" Dayla asked as she picked up a cloth and started idly cleaning. She turned back and glanced at her customers to make sure that they were happy. They should be for the time being so she could afford to give most of her attention to Alyse, there was never a moment that Dayla wasn't scanning for customers, though she listened more to Alyse than anything else.

4. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Thorvald had been expecting the witcher to use his signs at some point, and was anticipating a blast of fire at any point. Instead, the man protected himself in a shield. He was obviously choosing to be defensive, interesting. Around the ship, a few crewmen yelled, but nobody immediately got involved. The boy's knee came up, once again hitting his chainmail, but causing him to let go. He took a single step back, then pulled out his battleaxe. Above, black clouds roiled, anticipating a strike at any point. With his battleaxe out, Thorvald swung twice in a wide arc, testing the boy, and anticipating a counter-attack. Maybe he would try to run? Thorvald hated when they ran.
    Suddenly a new voice interjected. Thorvald was too well trained for this to significantly distract him, but it was an annoyance. Thorvald let out a yell and gestured in that direction, not looking away from Aaron. The air around Thorvald's hand crackled and became superheated, as a blinding flash of lightning streaked from it, through the air, heading towards where the newcomer stood. Hopefully that would scare him away.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    He might have gotten a few hits in but it was still far from a victory for Aaron. Soon the battle ax came out and Aaron was still stuck fighting without weapons, hands chained.Even as a witcher, he knew how unfortunate the situation looked as he dodged back from the first swing, forced to go on the defense. Soon after he heard a shout from behind him, it was enough of a distraction that Aaron was more than grateful that he had cast Quen on himself, as the battle ax grazed the shield and caused a small explosion as it deflected the attack. However from what he could tell the other guy was more an ally than an enemy which was a good thing. He prayed that he was right about that as the sky darkened and his captor sent a bolt of lightning at the man who had arrived to help, never taking his eyes off him, not allowing him that opening.

Stepping forward Aaron attempted to go on the offense, faking an attack with his hands before ducking low and swinging out his leg trying to knock Thorvald to the ground. It he could jar the battle ax from the man hand he might stand a chance here, if not he could be in trouble fast.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

The wait before she had gotten to the terms of what she wanted to say was short, but in that time she had adjusted herself to what he assumed to be a more comfortable position. Really it was just a tilt and nothing more, but with the way that the light had reflected off her skin had made it harder for him to to not take notice of it.

Lumen's head started to nod his head at her explanation, taking in the situation that was presented to him. It was vague to the point where he did want to know more about this 'incident'. His hand reached out to meet hers and gave it a firm shake.
    "And I'm Lumen." His first name would be plenty sufficient for the time being.

7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Lumen. He shook his head, indicating that he would like to know more. Teliana smiled sweetly, laying on a little more charm this time. "Well, as mentioned I have a friend in a rather sticky situation. One you might be able to empathize with, actually. He was doing something for a good cause, but he might have gotten caught trying to Axii his way out of a situation. That makes the guards very suspicious and they took him in for questioning. I think, as wise denizens of Novigrad, we should do the right thing and have him released."

Sliding a little closer, she leaned in close enough that she could smell his scent. It wasn't particularly attractive, but witchers never were.
    Except for that one mistake. "Now, I can pay you. I'm not asking for help for free, I've been around enough of your kind to know how it works." She lazily traced a finger down one of the lines of his armor, smiling. "But it would be in your self interest to help release a fellow witcher. Now that the city guard has one of them, who knows how much bolder they might get?"

Glancing back to
    Derrick, she jerked her head, indicating that this might be a good time for him to step in. Whether his sensitive ears picked up any of their conversation, she didn't know, but hopefully his instincts were good enough either way. If not....this might be a rough freaking night.

[​IMG]
    Alyse glanced at the man one more time before moving to the side with Dayla. She fidgeted with the handle of her weapon, nervous. It wasn't as if she was asking her friend and supervisor to commit a felony, after all. "Teli is going to do something stupid. To help the witcher that got taken. Will you please come with me, just to help her watch her back?" Alyse stopped fidgeting and turned, keeping her eyes on the newcomer who burst in, and then moved to talk to one of the walls. Because they didn't have enough crazy here....she let her hand close around the handle, just in case he decided to cause trouble. She was still itching for a good nonmagical fight.

Mister Bob let the witcher have his outburst, going through his toolkit in the meantime. Time could not be wasted, after all. "Common sense has long fled this city, along with the warmer temperatures. I know that torture will not get anything good from you, and honestly there isn't anything they want to know. You, my friend, have gotten the short end of the stick, as they say, and though I am sorry I am not a braver man that would rescue you, I will simply do what I must in order to survive. Once this cursed winter is over, I do believe I'll be taking a long holiday, somewhere far from here. It's a shame you could not do the same."

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  8. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

A tall, shabbily dressed man stumbled down a Novigrad street, head swaying from side to side as he searched for an open tavern. His regular watering hole down by the docks had been abandoned. Something about a big snake? - He had been in an alcohol-induced slumber, and hadn’t noticed anything. It couldn’t have been that big a deal though.
    In any case, the bartender was gone, and the fire dying down, so Evander had decided to find somewhere warmer and with equally copious amounts of drink. He now wandered down a street he hadn’t been on before, trying not to stumble over the end of the sword hanging at his side, rubbing two pebbles in his hand.

There! Someone exited a building ahead, revealing a warm interior, chattering voices, and the promise of a welcome drink. Evander lurched towards the door, pushing through it and into Dayla Elendel’s tavern.
    He cast a bleary eye over the room, not really noticing the occupants, finally located the bar, and staggered over to it. He hoisted himself onto a stool, almost slipping off at first but steadying himself by bracing against the bar top. Then he peered with up and down the room, trying to locate the bartender, unsuccessfully.
    Unfazed, he addressed the wall facing him. He held up a hand to catch its attention.
    “Two of whatever will f*ck me up the fastest, please,” he slurred, and then slumped down onto the bar top, eyes hanging sleepily, his fingers continuing to fidget with the two pebbles out of habit.[\COLOR]

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Listening to her friend Dayla hesitated, scanning the bar for a moment. "I can't just leave unattended.... but I won't let Teliana get herself in trouble. After the bar is closed for the night I will go. Until then, unless you planned to stay here and watch the bar, then there is only so much I can do." Dayla knew better than to expect Alyse to sit around pretending to be civil when her sister would be in trouble. "But first this is going to be a long night here. Keep your eye out just in case." Dayla whispering watching as a new guy tried to flag a wall for a drink.

There was a long sigh before she turned back to Alyse.
    "Tell Teli to meet me behind the bar after closing. I have some work to deal with." She sighed before turning to the man who looked like he was about to pass out at the bar despite just arriving. "Coming right up." She said cheerfully as she turned around to get the man a mug of ale. However seeing his state already Dayla decided to try something. Slipping an herb into the Ale that was good for relaxing someone, helping them fall asleep, something she herself often took. Hopefully he would pass out before he hurt himself or others.

10. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Enok felt that the elven woman had mistaken his curiosity for an inquiry into seeking work at the establishment. He had no use for such things. Still, he could see why she would have seen it that way. He watched as she headed over towards the witchers all the while feeling the passing gaze of the girl who came with the fire mage. She had paid him too much attention for too long and he did not like it. He doubted that she was onto him but it was bothersome to say the least.

Another man stumbled into the bar asking for drink he clearly did not need. "Hm." Enok stood up and used the opportunity of distraction to walk over towards Alyse. "Excuse me." He forced an unnatural sound of politeness into his tone. "Do you have a problem with me? I've noticed you look over my way more once. I hope I don't remind you of someone you once knew. I just have one of those faces." It was better to sort this out now than later. It was unlikely the girl would pick a fight with him here in the middle of a crowded room. He didn't want that either considering there were witchers and a fire mage present.

[​IMG]

Realizing that throwing his hatchet would have been a better idea, Kord took a dive and hit the deck when the mage released his lightning magic. The heat from the seared air almost felt good if the threat of severe injury had not been present. Kord quickly regained his footing and stood back up. "Great. Magic." He muttered under his breath and charged forth to close the distance between himself and the sorcerer, swinging his hatchet at the man. The witcher could hold his own for now so he chose not to focus on trying to free his shackles.

11. Frosch Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

Evander grabbed the mug of ale from Dayla, taking in three large gulps before pausing for breath. "Uh, cheers," he nodded to Dayla as an afterthought, and then immediately raised the mug back to his lips.
    Didn’t I order more than one? he asked himself. He looked down at the mug; he could now see two mugs in front of him… both held by two right arms? That didn’t seem right. He was pretty sure he had a standard number of right-hand limbs. Evander blinked hard, and then stared again – the mugs, and thankfully the arms as well, had condensed back down the one apiece.
    But he’d order more than one drink, hadn’t he? Three… no, it had been… more? Less? Thinking, especially about numbers, was becoming harder the longer he sat there. His mug and arm had once again split, this time into four, each pair spiralling the others and inverting intermittingly. That didn’t seem normal… or did it? What did things usually look like? Was it always this purple? And why were his toes trying to talk to him again…
    Ah yes, the drink. The angry demands of the digits on his feet could wait. “Mish, I thinkya furget tha uth...” The remaining words failed to come. He blinked, looked in Dayla’s general direction in hopes that she would get his message, and then collapsed face first onto the bartop, snoring unconscious in a pool of spilled ale.

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday​

January February March April May June July August September October November December​

Clear Cloudy Foggy
    Early Morning Late Morning Early Afternoon Late Afternoon Evening Midnight
    Sun Rain Snow Thunderstorm Blizzard Low Winds High Winds
    Freezing Cold Warm Hot

The plan has been set, and those that wish to right the wrong of the Novigrad city guard and free the captive Veceslav have agreed to meet at midnight outside of Dayla's bar. The snow has died down, leaving a mist that hangs through the air, chilling skin and dampening clothing. The freezing temperatures make it difficult to stay outdoors without an external source of warmth. The streets are deserted, except for the unlucky members of the guard who are scheduled to patrol the streets.

[​IMG]
    Alyse didn't bother holding her cloak close as she and Teliana strode through the streets. She hadn't really spoken to her sister in the hours following the meeting with their newfound comrades, feeling uncomfortable and more than a little upset. She still didn't understand why they had to be involved, or what responsibility Teliana felt towards this person. Still, Dayla had agreed to join them, and that alone proved that her sister's idea had some merit. Sighing, her breath clouding and disappearing into the fog, they arrived at their destination, in the stoop of Dayla's bar. Feeling her mace at her side, running her fingers along the handle, Alyse glanced around, looking to see who else had arrived.

[​IMG]
    Teliana let the spark of her fire run between her fingers, underneath her cloak as they walked along. She could sense Alyse's disappointment and frustration, but she couldn't bring herself to explain their part in this. Some of it felt inexplicable, in a way. Pausing, shivering slightly, she looked around for their compatriots. Hopefully she wouldn't be disappointed, and they would all show. Hopefully, they wouldn't be too late to save the witcher. And hopefully, he wouldn't find it in his heart to hate her for doing this without his comrades.

The hooded figure had watched the ship pull up to the port. Watched the apparent prisoner depart with his captive. It was all very boring, up until someone else jumped into the fray with apparent little self thought. How intriguing. She ran her tongue over her teeth in thought, letting the battle play out in front of her as her mind wandered. Truly, she had promised to not get involved. But if she didn't tell them what she had done, then it couldn't really be promise breaking, could it? Stepping out into the open, she held up her hand, exposing her flawless skin to the cold air. "Silence." Her voice echoed as everything stopped. Nothing moved, not even the snowflakes in the air.

Pausing in front of Thorvald, she patted his cheek absentmindedly before moving to the two instigators. "This just won't do. Too easy." She murmured, taking a handful of each of their clothes before whispering the words, and vanishing into the air.

Kord, Aaron and Thorvald are deposited in the Brokilon forest range, south of Novigrad and Oxenfurt. Whether or not they have memory of the woman in the hooded cloak is up to them. Whether they choose to work together or not against the monsters that range the forest, well, it shall be interesting to watch.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Picking through her clothes, Dayla pulled out a dark outfit. It was mostly fabric but there was stiff leather reinforcing the chest, her forearms, her back and parts of her legs. It was designed to allow free movement while still providing some extra protection to the essential area's. "First I drug a guy, then I am doing this, I am not doing too well at laying low tonight. Why in the world did I agree to do this?" She mumbled to herself, pulling the outfit on. She had gotten someone to help her carry the drunk man to a room not long before, and she hoped that he didn't realize what she had done.

Suited up she then strapped two small blades to her side and grabbed her bow. So much for the city elf persona, not too many innocent regular city folk came this well prepared to anything, but she would rather be over prepared then dead. After a quick check of her arrow's Dayla finally strolled out of her room and down stairs to the back of the tavern, where Teliana and Alyse awaited.
    "So what is the plan? Are we waiting on anyone else?" Dayla asked as she double checked the straps holding her knives and tested her bow string again, clearly not unfamiliar with this sort of preparation for possible combat.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    It was a strange feeling. One moment he was fighting for his life on a boat, and the next, forest. What happened between was rather foggy, but looking around there was the man who had captured him, and the man who had helped him. Looking down he was still chained. Something told Aaron this wasn't to do with the weather mage beside him, not when there was a so called, new owner who had been waiting on the dock for him before Aaron tried to escape. So then what was going on?

Picking himself up Aaron studied the chains on his wrists still. He had no weapons thanks to the whole, being held prisoner thing and there was enough of a rumble in his necklace to know that they wouldn't be safe for long. This forest, he didn't know exactly where ti was but he got a feeling it would be the type of place he would usually get contracts for, it was a place he best be prepared in, and he wasn't.

"You guys might want to be on your guard. I don't think we will be alone for long." Aaron warned the other two as he glanced around trying to figure out something, anything to use as a weapon until he could manage to get his hands on a sword, any old sword. His silver sword would have to wait.

15. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    The air within his cell had grown even colder as time had passed, Veceslav's limbs had gone numb, the torturer having called it a night earlier. Luckily he hadn't thought of severing his tendons to prevent any form of escape then again he was just a common criminal and it wasn't like the torturer wanted to see the body of a witcher pushed to the very limit. The removal of a few nails and being poked with hot iron were bad enough and Veceslav had fought to keep his composure and not give the man the satisfaction, he had fought hard, but when the man drove thin stakes precisely past some of his vital organs and blood vessels he couldn't surpress a cry of pain. He was being careful to not kill him in the first go, although it would take more to kill him than that. What the man had said about the long vacation in a warmer place, he hadn't known Veceslav intended to go south perhaps to Vicovaro before ending up in this cell, not that the old witcher had said anything about that. Sure he could have prevented ending up here but he wasn't going to shed their blood. If he got out of here however and his hands on any of those guards that had beaten him or the little coward of a torturer, he would show them the error of their ways, but first things first... not freeze to death during the night. He breathed in deeply and a sharp pain from where the stake had passed through sent through his entire body. Was this where it would end for him and the wolf school of witchers? He had never passed the secrets of the mutagens on to Derrick and it looked like that would be their undoing now.

16. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Derrick had admittedly, been a tad useless in the whole organising the plan department. Teli seemed to be dealing with that Lumen guy okay, and he wasn't sure what else to say. 'Hey, come help me and a few other people commit a crime to come save the leader of my Witcher school! We promise the guards won't be mad or anything!' Yeah, great sales pitch that was going to be. But, he should probably help.
    "Hey, Lumen right?" Derrick swept up and pulled a chair around, sitting on it the wrong way round and resting his front across the back of it. "We Witchers are few and far between, and my teacher is the leader of our school. He knows some things that really ought to be kept secret. I know we've got a pretty strict neutrality policy, but we've got to stick together sometimes." Derrick patted his side.
    "We can pay too, if need be. Give it some thought, and come meet us."

Whether the guy would show or not was beyond him, but he just had to hope. He could probably do this alone if need be, his skill with Axii was greater than Veceslav. He could talk his way in and out, and any idiots in his way would wind up dead. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that. Well, much. He pulled on his cloak and put up the hoot, the hilts of his swords sticking out from the sides of the garment.
    "We'll have to see whether Lumen shows. The four of us should be enough with or without him." He spoke as he came around the corner, hearing Dayla's words. He glanced at her weapons. "Awfully well armed for a bartender aren't you? What was the line of work before?"

17. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Teliana felt a jolt of warmth unrelated to the fires that burned insider of her as Dayla showed. She knew that Alyse was more than displeased with her, and having someone that the younger girl could go to for comfort would take a great deal off her mind. She offered the elven woman a smile, before shaking her head. "I'm hoping that the witchers come, at least. I'm sure the guard has been working on their comrade by now, and I know very little about healing witchers." It wasn't that she couldn't bring her poultices with, or that she didn't have the skills of modern medicine at her side. But witchers were so very different from the rest of the people around them, that she wasn't even sure what she knew would help. And it had been such a long time....

Hearing
    Derrick admit that Veceslav was his teacher was surprising, enough so that she forced herself to take a step back. Both men are likely older than a few decades, but just how old? Would they know of her? Had they been on opposing sides of the battlefield at one point, a simple footstep away from trying to wipe the other out? The thought had made her extremely uncomfortable, and so she focused her mind entirely on rescuing the witcher. On repaying the debt she had incurred. On asking for the forgiveness she sought as silently as possible. When Derrick appeared, it brought both warmth and cold in a strange, startling mixture. His help was welcome, but his piercing eyes were not. "We will wait a little longer." She murmured, stepping back and staring off into the night as Derrick engaged with Dayla. Her fingers tapped against her side, itching with that strange pain to light things on fire, to burn towers and kingdoms to the ground. Not yet.

[​IMG]
    Dayla's appearance jolted Alyse from some of her melancholy state, and she approached the elven woman, ignoring Teliana's words and leaving the sorceress to stand somewhat by herself. "Why are we doing this?" She asked Dayla, her fingers going numb for a moment as she gripped the handle of her mace tight enough to keep blood from circulating. She relaxed her grip when her fingers started to ache, shaking her hand out from underneath her cloak. Glancing up at the night sky, Alyse felt a pang of relief that it wasn't the full moon. She still had some time before that awful event occurred, before she would have to find a reason or a way to give both Teliana and Dayla the slip. The excuses kept getting harder to come by, and no doubt after this event the guard would be stepping up their efforts to try to catch whoever was responsible. If they succeeded. She might have to come up with a new plan after this night. It was frustrating that she couldn't understand why they needed to do this, but she couldn't abandon those that were doing it. This wasn't their fight!

Sighing, her breath fogging up in front of her face, Alyse heard
    Derrick before she actually saw him. The hairs on the back of her neck raised, as though the wolf within could sense the singular danger this man posed. She narrowed her eyes in wariness as he approached, barely keeping back the urge to growl territoriality as he spoke to Dayla. Witchers had come to Novigrad before, but she had always managed to avoid them. His eyes unnerved her, and she avoided his gaze as a result, turning away to survey the dead streets. She desperately wanted to reach out and take Dayla's hand, but the danger of frostbite, and of appearing like a weak little girl kept her from executing the action. Instead, she hoped that they could soon leave, that she could use the excuse of battle to release the pent up aggression from her earlier battle with Kord, and from this unnerving situation. At least then she would get some good out of it.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Teliana was the first one to respond when Dayla had come down. Apparently their plan was to wait for the witchers and then see what they were doing since they were going after a witcher, which brought up another question, one that Alyse asked her, why were they doing this? Dayla shrugged and let out a sigh in response. "I don't know, you asked, being a barmaid never has been my speed. I don't know, lets just make sure we get away with it, okay? If we get arrested, who will run the bar?" It wasn't a big deal who would run the bar, Dayla didn't actually care. In the end what she cared about was repercussions of getting caught for her personally. Dayla didn't even care that much for her bar, it was a cover life that she began to get bored of.

Soon one of the witchers showed up and Dayla was a little weary as he eyed her up, commenting on how well prepared she was. He asked what she did before and Dayla didn't feel comfortable sharing that information, not yet anyways. Flashing him a fake smile she responded to him
    "Oh nothing. I have always run a bar, but you know being a little ol' girl in a big city, one needs to protect themselves." Dayla said clearly not telling the truth but the glare she gave Derrick was a clear enough indication she didn't want to be questioned on it, and she knew how to use the weapons that she wielded. She then walked over a leaned against the wall to her tavern, glancing at the window above to try and see if anyone was watching, when satisfied she grabbed out one of her knives and started just playing with it while they waited to go.

19. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Not very subtle, are you?" Enok planted his greatsword in the ground and rested his hand upon its large hilt as he looked on at the group of would-be criminals. The Hym had won out against his better judgment to keep quiet and to himself. If he had it his way, he would have just waited for their little mission to go underway before making a move rather than join it but that plan took time and could have likely wound up with him leaving empty-handed.

"The guards around these parts tend to be corrupt. Helping screw them over is up my alley so if you want an extra hand then I'm willing to join. Just try and discuss your plans quieter next time. The next person to eavesdrop on them might not be so friendly." Enok spoke his eyes darting over towards Dayla, the real reason he was there.

[​IMG]

Kord scratched his head feeling not quite dizzy but not quite normal. The sudden change of scenery and air disoriented him and made him question his own sanity. From the looks of it, he wasn't the only one confused and things remained...consistent at least. The Witcher he had tried to assist was still in chains. "If you're right then it'll be good to have you in fighting condition. Just hold still and let me..." He looked at the hatchet in his hand then at the chains. "Yeah...I don't think this is enough to break those chains." He looked over at their friendly neighborhood weather mage. "Do you mind getting those things off him? I would but it'd probably result in loss of limb..." If he transformed he new he could tear through the metal but being controlled enough to not bite off Aaron's hands as well was another matter entirely.

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

Give it some thought, and come meet us.

Lumen did in fact give it some thought and the result of said thoughts were the exact reason behind Lumen currently heading back towards the inn. He had with him the traditional weapons that a witcher used on his back. He wasn't heavily armed given the task at hand, but well enough that he felt comfortable and not ill prepared for this whole thing.
    "I hope you weren't waiting long." His eyes scanned around the room, taking in the faces of those that were already there. It was an interesting looking group to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.