Monsters and Men; The Remake

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Magick, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    60
    306
    [​IMG]
    Thorvald barely noticed in time as the young witcher struck his serpent thrall with a sword of silver. He quickly commanded the serpent to move, but the beast was slow. The sword slashed across its face, not a mortal blow but certainly one that hurt. The serpent writhed and bellowed, but remained pushing the boat for the last few metres. Sailing through the air came a small bomb on an arrow. Thorvald took note of the archery skill of the witcher who fired it, before the bomb struck the serpent with an explosion of dimeterium. That accursed material, Thorvald narrowed his eyes and growled. Temporarily out of the control of the runed stone, the serpent stopped pushing the boat and thrashed around. The fire, the swords, the arrows, and the bloody werewolf on its back were becoming too much. It wanted easier prey, and so swam down deep into the water, and out towards the sea. The stubborn werewolf remained on its back, but Thorvald didn't care. The creature would almost certainly drown, and the serpent would bleed out from its injuries. None of it mattered, for he had suceeded. The young witcher stood alone in a tiny boat surrounded by skellige raiding ships. The rains slowed, and the mists grew thicker, as Thorvald strode to the edge of his ship and looked down at the witcher. Other raiders held spears and bows, all pointed at the boy.
    "There is no escape, boy" Thorvald bellowed "Let us take you aboard, or prepare to bleed"
     
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,362
    [​IMG]
    The blow was not enough to kill it and Aaron silently cursed as the serpent kept pushing him, slow as it may have been. Just as he was nearly completely circled when something flew through the air and exploded on the serpent. It wasn't a firey explosion and Aaron had enough training to know what it was, and had a feeling he knew who was responsible. "Thanks uncle Vec." Aaron mumbled to himself as the serpent finally left, bloody and injured with a wolf still attached. There was a sigh, but the relief didn't last long. Vec got rid of the serpent, but not before he was surrounded.

    Sheathing his silver sword Aaron went to draw the steel sword, but thought about his odds. Leaving both swords sheathed, he lowered his hands and stared at the man on the ship. "You wanted a witcher, here he is, but you know you could simply hire us for a little cash." He responded buying himself time to think. "But if you dint mind, I will be going now." He said casting Axii in order to convince them to let him go. Shore was now out of sight thanks to the fog, but if he went the opposite direction he should get back.


    [​IMG]
    While her vision was good, it was not good enough to notice the boy in the boat. Seeing the serpent leave, Dayla wasn't sure if they were safe or not. There was still the ships that were rapidly disappearing from sight. That fog didn't feel natural, there was something wrong. And with the rain slowing she thought that there might be a chance to light another arrow. She would be shooting blind but if she hit, she had to try, for the sake of the city she came to call home, even if it didn't feel like it. Looking for the nearest lit torch, Dayla lit up another arrow and took aim, shifting slightly her aim to account for ships movement. "Here goes nothing." she mumbled before shooting off the arrow.
     
  3. CrownMoksha Crown Clown

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,335
    The giant sea snake he had seen, given that it would be pretty damn hard to miss something of that size. The other witchers on the other hand was something that he hadn't seen. Among them he recognized Veceslav though had no idea who the other one was. Oh well, that was much of a concern right now as the sea snake was. He was taught to always be well prepared for whatever monster he may come across and he wasn't prepare to deal with something like that.

    Her remark about his parents caused him to chuckle. It was because a stranger had chosen to talk to him that he was even standing here as a witcher in the first place.
    "My parents didn't even care about me, let alone who I talked to." He said in a slightly blunt tone. Always happened whenever he mentioned anything involving parents.
     
  4. al215 Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    118
    761
    [​IMG]

    Derrick shook his head. The situation had developed to the point where there was nothing that they could do now. Aaron was lost to the mists, and the mysterious whims of the Skellige raiders. The mutations had robbed him of many emotions available to normal people, so he didn't feel sad, but it was a shame that one so young met with an unfortunate fate. There was nothing for it but to live on, and maybe look into it if the opportunity arose.
    "I agree. If we go out there, all we're doing is risking our lives unnecessarily. " He folds his arms, looking out into the mists, trying to see something as rain patters down on the steel of his armour. He couldn't help but wonder where that storm came from all of a sudden. It had to be a sorcerer, possibly the same one that controlled the serpent. He felt bad for Novigrad. The raiders had some powerful people on their side. He glanced over at the sorceress, but noticed a figure shooting. He had assumed the flaming arrow to be something of Teli's devising in the heat of the moment but it seemed not to be. "Hey, stranger! Let it go! You won't hit anything in these conditions!" Pessimistic, but accurate. Though all credit to them for trying.
     
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  5. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    587
    [​IMG]
    Veceslav saw the serpent disappear after his bomb, but it had been too late. Derrick was right if they wanted one, they had one. The Crow considered just getting a boat and going over there. Witchers lived by the sword and those who lived by it would die by it. There wouldn't be a death in a nice and warm bed, they'd die in the woods, by the roadside in a ditch, protecting the humans who only cared if they were helping out.
    Derrick had no ideas for what to do, he himself had an idea but the mists getting thicker put an end to it. "He shouldn't have been on that boat in the first place, I've dragged people from some hairy situations, you know that, hell I would thank the Wild Hunt if they took him away right now, because servitude with them is better than death....because I do not see a way to solve this, unless he just jumps and goes for it...." The crow said grimly.

    The mage and his fellow witcher discussed the matter for a moment and he could understand why they felt that way... But he couldn't just stand here do nothing as people he was supposed to protect were in danger.
    He appreciated the help of
    the Archer he hadn't noticed was providing as she had not yet stopped firing, he still had his longbow too and while he was unable to see his target clearly through the mist, he could probably hit something and there was something their opponent might have overseen too. Within the downpour the old Crow prepared another arrow with a bomb a different kind this time around, a Northern Wind bomb, his only one, he lit it with igni, and aimed for a similar spot the archer had fired her arrow at, but he was firing blind and he knew the risks but it was better than nothing, he loosed the arrow and prayed to whatever watched over them be it destiny, fate or one of the "divines" that he wouldn't hit Aaron with this thing and that it would atleast make the journey to his target. He turned to the mage. "If at all possible could you make sure that bomb goes off? It may not save him but it sure as hell will help..." The black cloth over the dark iron of his armour had been thoroughly soaked by now and the chill was getting to him, the fire he had made from the barrels had died and while he didn't exactly like having to leave Aaron on his own, he knew Derrick was right...

    He put the bundle of arrows he had left by the archer, whom now that he actually looked at her with more than a sideways glance appeared to be the barmaid from earlier.
    It wasn't unusual for city people to join archery guilds to help protect their cities, but he doubted the humans would be so open minded as to teach an elf archery when Scoia'tael arrows still felled humans.
    He himself wasn't going to meddle in that it wasn't his place, both sides wanted witchers to help them, but that's when the Witcher neutrality came around. He kept the bow with him, he'd return it when he had the chance and looked solemly at
    Derrick. The two of them had sunken hours into training the lad, he himself had sunken years into it and he had been such a promising student. "Derrick, leave her, if she wishes to continue you should let her." He said in remark to his younger compatriot's remark.
     
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  6. Arch Mana Knight

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Anywhere
    2,427
    A human head broke out through the water's surface and coughed out blood that did not belong to him. Kord stared down through the depths to see that the serpent had already disappeared out of his sight probably to die from its injuries. He heaved while catching his breath finding that the icy chill of the water was starting to creep up on him making him shiver. He was used to being in the cold but no one, save the dead, were ever truly immune to it. His muscles were sore from the desperate swim he had to get his breath of sea-air and the strain of the transformation.

    Kord squinted his eyes spotting someone on a small boat that had several Skellige raiders pointing their weapons at the person. Was there a reason to play hero and help out? He looked down realizing he already had helped out. Unless he wanted to swim all the way back to shore his best bet for not freezing in the waters was climbing aboard one of the Skellige ships and...doing something. He hardly wanted to stowaway and wait who-knows-how-long for them to turn around and head back to Skellige. He didn't want to go back in any case. He dove under the water and swam towards the nearest Skellige ship intending to sneak--or kill?--his way aboard. Preferably sneak. As confident as he was in his own survival skills fending off a ship full of raiders would only turn grim for him.


    Enok was already intent on loading another bolt into the ballista, finding the process to go smoother the second time. It was like sailing a ship, you never truly forget. The bowstrings were locked in place but with no serpent to aim at anymore, the beast having seemingly died, his eyes stared beyond feeling the draw of the specter pulling him to someone in the distance. He was a good shot but blindly firing through the mist with a single ballista was not his idea of a good plan. There were more ships out there and alone there was little he could do. And a ship as large as this could not disembark with a single person manning it. He picked up his sword, leaving the ballista locked but unloaded, as he went over to the stern of the ship looking below to the docks where the witchers and sorceress stood.

    His better judgment told him that calling attention to himself was a bad idea. He did not want the witchers to be aware of his existence as that would only lead to complications in the future. But the Hym insisted. Whoever had been responsible for the attack needed to be put down.
    "If you lot want to do something about those raiders then get on board and help me man this vessel!" He called out to the lot of them. "If you're going to fire into the mist then at least let me take you closer."


     
  7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    The True North.
    390
    [​IMG]
    Teliana raised an eyebrow as Derrick moved to stop the newcomer, whom she now recognized as the barkeep that Alyse worked for. She hadn't thought that anything could pull the elf from her normal perch behind the counter, but mentally shrugged. As far as she saw it, Derrick should let her do as she pleased. At worst, the serpent would come back to finish the job and they would be called to kill it. Or the person controlling it would decide to come ashore, but he had what he wanted, as Derrick had stated. The witcher beside her fired off an arrow, and then turned to her, asking if she could make sure it would explode upon arrival of its target. Teliana narrowed her eyes, disliking the expectancy she perceived in his tone. "It would have been more polite if you could have asked beforehand, Master Witcher." Still, her gaze fell upon the missile until it was just out of sight. It wouldn't be perfect, but she could hardly cause something to explode when she couldn't see it. Snapping her fingers, they sparked into flame immediately. She whispered the old words to them before tossing the fire up into the sky, as if releasing a bird. As if mirroring her thoughts, the fire shaped itself like a hawk, wings pinned to its side as it darted towards the bomb, screeching through the air. She turned her eyes away at the last moment, feeling the impact of the fire in her bones as it sapped at her strength.

    Her hand went to her head, rubbing at her temples to try and keep away the impending headache, as a stranger's voice pierced the fog that was surrounding her thoughts. Turning, she noticed a man upon a ship, offering them passage out. A way to help...or to die. With a sigh, Teliana glanced at
    Derrick, then Alyse. "What's the worst that could happen?"

    [​IMG]
    Alyse blinked slightly at the lack of emotion in the witcher as he responded. Well alright then. She smirked a little before turning away, her eyes catching sight of Dayla. The elf was shooting off arrows for....some reason. Alyse shrugged, rubbing her hands along her shoulders. That was her business, she wasn't going to tell her what to do. Watching the witchers try to go through their options would have been amusing, if Teliana wasn't so invested in helping them for whatever reason. It frustrated and annoyed her. Still, she couldn't abandon her, and since Dayla had joined the fray, well.....Alyse heaved a sigh and crossed her arms, clearly unimpressed with the stranger who asked them to join him on his own. When Teliana asked her opinion, she simply offered another shrug. She would go where the mage went, it didn't need saying.
     
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  8. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    60
    306
    [​IMG]
    Thorvald smirked slightly "Well that's much less fun now isn't it?" He said, glaring at the young witcher. Thorvald recognised the sign that the witcher tried to cast, and noticed several of his crew members begin to stumble and act confused and bewildered. He scowled at them, and took a spear from one of them "Your mind tricks won't work on me, boy. Those of you who still have brains, get him!" the mage barked, and several crewmembers began to turn the ship in to get closer to where Aaron stood defenseless. Several arrows came streaming towards them, but at such distance, and with the fog obscuring vision, none of them did any real damage.

    [​IMG]
    During the rainstorm Lysander had hidden under an overhang of a nearby building, but wasn't able to completely stop his hair from getting wet. Such a shame. The others were considering getting onto a boat and chasing down the raiders personally. Lysander knew when he was out of his depth, and he also didn't necessarily trust his capability for coherence when on a wooden boat with a fire mage. "I think I'll stay out of this one!" Lysander called out to them, huddled in his cloak and staying out of the rain "But I'll definitely write a song about this!" he said with a grin.
     
  9. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,362
    [​IMG]
    Aaron watched as some of the men stumbled around but not the one giving orders. That man still scowled at him, clearly not amused by the attempt to get out of the situation. Things were looking more and more grim for him and Aaron was running out of ideas fast. He could always try and fight the raiders off while they tried to capture him, but that could just lead to a few shooting him with those arrows that were pointed his way. So instead he just raised his hands. "Woah there, no need to yell. If that is the case I will come willingly." He stated as he watched a couple boats circle closer to him. He chose not to fight and let them take him on board, at least there he was on more stable ground to assess and deal with the situation. And hopefully if they thought he gave up fighting them there would be less arrows pointed in his direction and a better chance for a quick escape.

    [​IMG]
    Dayla paused her arrows for a moment as one of the men in the group told her to give it up. Meanwhile another man told them to leave her. With a sigh Dayla stepped closer to them, she wasn't going to let them sit there and judge them. She recognized one of them from the bar earlier... Witchers, the both of them. Dayla's heart raced a bit but still she stood up and faced them hoping that she wasn't going to get in trouble with the wtichers. "Look, I don't trust those boats to not attack the town as soon as we give up since we can't see them. I am not willing to be chased out of yet another home. If you guys are too scared to try and fight then so be it, but this baby hasn't seen any action in a long time and I am kind of itching to use it." Dayla indicated to her bow as she notched another arrow squinting trying to see past the fog, but it wasn't working so well.

    Not sure how she could continue trying to fight off the raiders, Dayla was ready to find a place to just camp and watch the shores, when she heard a man call out. Another man she recognized from the tavern, the man that was renting a room before had found himself a ship and was going to get closer to the raiders. Dayla smiled a bit as she turned back to the witchers.
    "Guess there is always a way." She said before laying her eyes on Alyse. "I locked some locals in the tavern for their own safety, if you aren't coming with, maybe you should go let them out." Dayla suggested before running to the boat and boarding. "Well lets go."
     
  10. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    587
    [​IMG]
    The crow watched his arrow disappear into the grey fog, not counting on an aweful lot to happen, having taken note of the remark of Teliana but he didn't react to it, no point really. Someone called out to presumably the small gathering of them. The person asked them to join him on the ship so they could get closer. While he himself didn't care about the raiders as he wasn't being paid to care about them and this city had more than enough people in the city guard and militias to make sure the raiders couldn't set foot on the shores. What he did care about however was the fate of his student, who had been acting like an idiot. Sure there was a risk in going out onto the water with these conditions and the uncertainty of the serpent being gone, but it was a better chance than anything else they had. And eventhough the question wasn't exactly directed at him he answered anyways. "The serpent returning,destroying the ship while we're out. The raiders deciding it is more interesting to play with more people. Perhaps some magic raining down on us. I'd say it's risky but what else is there to do but sit and twiddle our thumbs?" Veceslav said as he waited for Derrick's thoughts on this particular plan.
     
  11. al215 Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    118
    761
    [​IMG]

    Derrick watched the man appear on the boat and ask if they were up for some heroics. In principle, it sounded all well and good, but what exactly did the guy expect to achieve with a powerful sorcerer who could call upon storms with the raiders? The serpent may come back in the future, but was it worth all of their lives? And then to die by the fleet of expert raiders who had sailing skill and a numerical advantage? He could even the odds with a good Axii cast but he couldn't guarantee that would work, or do enough. Even then, what was it all for? One Witcher? A friend, of course, but Aaron would never ask that they all die for his sake. He looked with a grim expression at the people gathered. The Aen Sídhe with a death wish, Veceslav, Teli, her sister and the Boatman. His medallion was vibrating violently. There was a high degree of magic in the area.
    "You understand what you're facing if you go, don't you?" Derrick asked gravely. His gaze lingered on Veceslav, his teacher. Of all gathered, he should understand it the most. "There's a powerful sorcerer who can command the storm out there. Maybe that serpent. And the fleet of raiders. Not to-" Even as he began to mention the fact that they are a single ship in the fog, a vague plan appeared in his mind. If they really were intending on doing this, then an idea came to mind. They were one ship, in the fog. If Teli could create her fire in different locations then they might be able to trick the fleet as to their exact position. By the time they got close, they might be able to cripple a ship somehow as they drew near. A massive fireball to the deck, the ship's weapon taking out the main mast perhaps. It's suicidal. You're a Witcher. Nobody would begrudge you for leaving. Nobody is paying you for this. He looked at them all again. They weren't going to back down, were they?
     
  12. CrownMoksha Crown Clown

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,335
    The woman didn't have anything else to say to him after his response, which was fair enough. A part of him had expected as much given the nature of his response while another part had thought there would be some form of quip. Regardless of the lack of response that he was given there was still the matter of the raider boat that was in the distance and while someone else did show up with a boat of their own, saying to get on.

    What Lumen would've liked to do was to better prepare for this whole thing in some way, but still he had not a single inkling of an idea on how to deal with the sea serpent for starters. The raiders were a much more manageable issue to deal when compared to the sea serpent. Eventually he decided to wait and see if anyone other than the barkeep would get on the boat before he decided to do so himself.
     
  13. Arch Mana Knight

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2007
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Anywhere
    2,427

    Enok stood there, watching the others as some debated whether or not to go with him all the while the Hym was losing its patience. He looked off to the distance, the mist still obscuring his view. "The longer you take to decide to more time they have to escape unchallenged." He looked back at his ship, with only one occupant (an elf woman he recognized), then back at the group. "Like I said, I can't man a ship alone. I can steer but someone's going to have to handle the sails and the ballistae." He assumed the Witchers at least knew the basics of ships and siege weapons and as for the others? Well if they didn't there was still a fire mage among them who was more than enough firepower (pun not intended) to make up for it.


     
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  14. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    The True North.
    390
    [​IMG]
    Teliana registered Lysander behind them, her brain working through the scenarios in her head as she considered her response. A part of her wanted to play the hero, wanted to get on that ship and sail to the witcher boy, to save him from what would probably be a terrible fate. Dayla taunted them with their own fear, a poor ploy if she had wanted to convince anyone. Well.....maybe it would work on the men. Speaking of, they didn't seem to be making a decision. Typical. Teliana didn't mind if she had to go down with the ship, it would hardly be the first time, but if Alyse were captured....her blood nearly boiled at the thought of any man touching her that way again. No, there was only one course of action she could take, and live with herself.

    "I will go. But on the condition that Alyse will stay here. If she sets foot on that ship, then I will not." Knowing full well Alyse would never go without Teliana, it was a moot point. And the blonde would not be pleased about it.

    [​IMG]
    And pleased she was not. Alyse bristled at Teliana's answer. If she had been fluffier, her hackles would have been raised. As it was, she felt her hands clench and her eyes narrow, baring her teeth in anger. "You treat me like a child. I can help!" She almost shouted, knowing full well this is the type of tantrum a child would have. And it only made her angrier. "You'll have to tie me down to keep me here." She snarled, stepping towards Teliana with purpose. The fire mage only raised an eyebrow in return, as if questioning Alyse's desire to test how far she would go. "If you leave without me, then you're breaking your promise." Another childish statement, one that forced a growl out in following. She would not be left behind. Not again.
     
  15. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Midland
    57
    587
    [​IMG]

    Veceslav listened to Derrick reciting more or less the same things he had mentioned that could happen if they went through with this. The she-elf had taunted them about fear and wanting to use her bow again, she clearly had a deathwish but that wasn't his problem. Neither was the whole raider situation really, as he hadn't been paid to care. Something he saw reflected in Derrick's eyes too. He understood it, he had taught the man to be neutral, but not to be indifferent and this moment was one of those moments where the difference would be evident. The mage said she would come along if the person he had fished out of the water stayed behind. He had no objection to that at all. "That's perfectly fine by me." Veceslav said as he boarded the vessel, sailing wasn't his strong point and he had only some experience with siege weapons, a lesson or two taught to him by people he had ran into along the path. He boarded the ship and started working on loading up the ballista.
     
  16. CrownMoksha Crown Clown

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    On board the DenLiner
    1,335
    His wait was not a long one for shortly after the guy on the boat had spoke up, the majority of them had either spoken up about their decision to go or gotten on the boat. This amount of people going did give a small form of reassurance in regards to going up against the ship that was in in the distance. Following Veceslav, Lumen himself had strode forth towards the vessel they would be using and got aboard it.
     
  17. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

    Joined:
    Feb 28, 2015
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    60
    306
    [​IMG]
    Watching suspiciously as the boy seemingly acquiesced to his instructions. His galley came up alongside the witcher's rowboat, the side of his ship was fairly easy to climb. "Don't worry boy, we're not going to kill you" he reassured. This had all been relatively easy, but before completing his mission he wanted to re-evaluate a few things. Thorvald gestured for the witcher to climb up, while keeping a wary gaze on him.
     
  18. al215 Kingdom Keeper

    Joined:
    May 29, 2013
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    England
    118
    761
    [​IMG]

    If Teli wanted to keep her sister out of the suicide mission, he saw no reason not to. It wasn't any of his business what she did after all. He looked at Veceslav as his old teacher agreed with the sentiment. What was it to be? The older Witcher headed towards the boat, and so it was decided. Derrick quickly followed after clearing his throat.
    "We're going to need to cause as much confusion as possible. They're not going to be expecting us but we have to move fast. Teli, if you can project your fire from several angles it might be able to throw the raiders off. We can't allow them to know where we are. If they're able to surround us, we're finished." Derrick explained as he got aboard. He looked into the fog. This wasn't going to be easy. He started to load up another of the ballistae. Was there a type of undead monster that was created when people died doing something stupid? Because they were going to have a full ship of those by the time this was done.
     
  19. Aelin Best Waifu

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2011
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    British Columbia, Canada
    1,362
    [​IMG]
    Aaron examined the ship as it pulled up beside him, almost trying to decide if he was going to go through going with them willingly. Thinking through his options, it seem most would likely end with his death. While this too could lead to his death, at least he had a good feeling it wouldn't end right away, he would have more chances to hash out a plan to get himself out of the situation, or for Vec or Derrick to rescue him. While it was part of the witcher lifestyle that people died and went missing all the time, Aaron was not willing to believe he would be easily forgotten, at least he prayed that he wouldn't be.

    Looking up at the ship he started hoisting himself up, scaling the side until he reached the top and was able to pull himself over the rail. He didn't drop down to the ship deck quite yet though. Having swung his legs over the rail he then just sat on it, staring at his so called captor.
    "So what now?" He asked. A genuine question but said in a matter too casual for the situation. For Aaron it was the only way to keep himself level headed. Focusing on jokes and a light hearted nature, helped to keep him from panicking and letting his mind get clouded.

    [​IMG]
    Finally others decided to come aboard the ship, and Dayla gave them a sweet smile. It was probably best not to piss off the witchers, but she couldn't help but be a little sarcastic. "I am so glad you finally decided to grace us with your presence." She said turning and grabbing a few ropes. "I don't know much about sailing, but I am adaptable, I will figure it out." Looking up at the masts, she started using the rope and pulley system to lower the first sail. This of course meant that she couldn't use her bow yet, but at this point she would still be shooting blind. She was sure she would get her adrenaline fix shortly after when they came closer to the ships threatening her new home town. That was the plan at least.
     
  20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    The True North.
    390
    [​IMG]
    Then you're breaking your promise. Teliana sighed inwardly, running her fingers through her hair, steam lifting off the strands from contrast of temperature. "That is perfectly fine with me." Of course the witcher agreed, he had no personal stake in the matter. Derrick followed it up with another demand of her magical talents, which Dayla accompanied with snide remarks about their courage. For an elf, she seemed to be incredibly short sighted. But Teliana had more responsibility than the witchers; she could not leave her charge behind unprotected. And she had more sense of future than Dayla, in her own eyes, because stepping onto a boat, to charge a mysterious ship with a mysteriously powerful figure, who might yet influence more attacks on their persons by mythical creatures. She had protected her home, which was above the call of her duties.

    "I'm sorry, Master Kaedwin, but you'll have to find another way to distract them. I must protect my sister, first and foremost. Perhaps the sea gods will find more favour in your venture than they ever did with me." Stepping back, she slipped her hand out and took Alyse's; the poor girl was still just barely shivering, her skin ice cold.

     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.