Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kites, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Teaser trailer. Nothing really substantial (almost entirely stock footage lmao), but we get to see the new ship and have a voice over from Jennifer Hale as Shepard.

2. libregkd -

3. A Zebra Chaser

4. libregkd -

5. libregkd -

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  6. Arch Mana Knight

A little update on Andromeda:

Source

Hype.

7. libregkd -

8. 61 No. B

i dont play video games and i didnt watch e3, but i saw clips of this elsewhere and i am now hype af for this. im more excited for this than i am pokemon sun/moon and ive never played mass effect before. this looked so much like what i want and i now want to go back and play the others. but maybe not. this seems like it would be a good jumping on point, and maybe starting here rather than experiencing what came before would be good given 3's reputation.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I've only played Mass Effect 2 and 3 and I love 2, so I can at least strongly recommend that. 3 has some good stuff too honestly.

The gameplay really isn't deep or challenging at all, just very simple third-person shooting, but they're mainly fun for me because of the writing and characterization and world design.

10. 61 No. B

well just knowing how much of a bad taste that left in people's mouths i wonder if it wouldn't be smarter to go into this new game completely in the dark, because that's what i am (i have zero knowledge about the previous games, i just know that 2 is beloved is 3's ending is hated), without potentially having that bad taste. and then going back maybe.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

Hmmmm...if you're one who dislikes leaving series unfinished like I do, then your idea definitely works better than mine, which would be playing just 2 (and maybe 1 if it ends up being your kind of thing)

12. 61 No. B

the only way i would have access to these games anyway is to get the collection on pc so id presumably have access to all 3 regardless.
    im not against leaving something unfinished but i tend to be against playing out of order.

13. Solana Moogle Assistant

You were right earlier when you said that the third ME game did leave a bad taste for most people (me included) but that's because the ending was such a let down and it stopped short. Andromeda, as someone said earlier in this thread, has no connection to the story in the first three ME with Commander Shepard, so you'll be fine jumping in with Andromeda.

However, since the story will have no connection, it wouldn't hurt to give the original ME trilogy a shot before or even after playing Andromeda, if you decide to play it. If you enjoy playing games for story rather than gameplay, then ME would be a good game to try because ...
    I agree with what Hayabusa said. The imagination the creators had was incredible and it was also fun to see how the decisions you made in the previous game affect the next game. Also, I loved seeing my squad and friends move through the games with me. The first game is a fair start although it's not as fun and involved as the second one. And even though I disliked how things ended in ME3, I still got emotional like 4 times in that game because I got so attached to the story and characters.

Just my two sickles worth of input. It's a series I love and would gladly play again. I am hyped for Andromeda.

14. libregkd -

15. libregkd -

16. Rhyagella Merlin's Housekeeper

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more room to explore than any of the previous titles or that of Dragon Age: Inquisition....at least I hope so. I've been waiting for this game since ME3. The footage they released shows that they have far more done they they let on earlier, too, which means a definite 2017 release.

17. libregkd -

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  18. libregkd -

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

Mass Effect Andromeda is being released March 21st, 2017 in NA, and March 23rd, 2017 in Europe.

Finishing this before Persona 5 comes out is gonna be a wild two weeks.

20. Arch Mana Knight