Mafia [Mafia] The Book of Names ~ GAME OVER (MAFIA WINS)

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Ars Nova, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Zelda NORT-h american eclipse

Wow! I'm almost dead! Just wanna say, al, that if you lynch me, there will be no "tomorrow". And yeah, we will learn a lot. We'll learn who are the real mafias. So uhhh please don't lynch me.

2. al215 Kingdom Keeper

The problem is that there is no actual way to know who the Mafia is at the moment. Presently you're the only thing I've got for now. As much as I really don't like to follow Hyuge at this juncture, we need a lynch and it's not going to get turned around on to anybody else. Besides, you could be lying. I've got to take a gambit and hope that the Mafia hit the BPV and not a townie tonight.

3. Zelda NORT-h american eclipse

:[ Whatever then. I hope your bet works out for you.[DOUBLEPOST=1418236559][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and please don't everybody disappear just because I've been chosen to die. If mafia do hit the vest, then we should try and get as much info as possible out today to improve town's chances of winning tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  4. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

@Zelda, you're telling us not to vote for you, but you're not telling us who to vote for instead of you. You need to place a vote as well. Who do you think is the most suspicious?

5. Trigger hewwo uwu

Well, I've already shared my suspicions of Zelda and feel pretty confident that they are mafia. Al said it's not worth it to wait, so here goes nothing.

#Vote: Zelda

6. Zelda NORT-h american eclipse

Trigger, but nobody wants to vote him. if you want me to vote him anyway, fine.

##Vote: Trigger
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418238776][/DOUBLEPOST]O_O

7. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Trigger, you better hope that Zelda is Mafia otherwise you're dead tomorrow.

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

HAMMER - ALL VOTES LOCKED IN

Stop posting.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418248033][/DOUBLEPOST]HAMMER
    • Zelda - 4 (hyuge, al215, Calxiyn, Trigger)
    . . .

Like a zombified mob, the town converges on the accused with single-minded ferocity. There is no semblance of order. There is no time to cry out before the blows start. Before they know it, their target is dead.

Zelda has been lynched. She was Ernest Smith, an ordinary Townie.​

There are no ringing words this time. The town is left to reflect on their actions in true silence. Even without nudging, they all think the same thing: They have all but sealed their doom.

N I G H T • F O U R

Night ends on Friday, December 12th, at 7:00 ᴘ.ᴍ. (EST).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

psa Mak is telling a totally different story

The villagers awake with a start in pitch-black darkness, making it difficult to tell at first that they've awoken at all. They curse their negligence and scramble to get their bearings; as their eyes adjust to the darkness, they fall upon the body of another lost comrade.

Midnight Star has been murdered. She was Lydia Flowers, an ordinary Townie.​

The walls around them begin to rumble. The howling from outside becomes audible once more, as though it had never really stopped. The villagers' eyes scan upward to find two of their number standing by the door with grim smiles and eyes of smoke.

One of them reaches for the door handle. Before anyone can stop it, her hand comes down upon it. The rosary flashes violently for a moment before coming apart in her fingers. The door swings open.

. . .

You've no doubt heard the old adage, small towns house great secrets. Perhaps you brushed it off, just a passing fancy of gossips... Not altogether unreasonable. Or perhaps you live in a small town yourself, and know—or hope—it to be untrue. Everyone has their secrets, to be sure, but certainly nothing so sinister.

This is what the quiet church town of Lovett believes. With a population of less than 30, there's no getting away from your neighbors there; everyone eventually gets to know everyone else.

But as the sun finally rises on the manor of Hobbe Watkins, and a host of people emerges—each looking quite like one of the villagers who entered, but with dark violet streaks over their eyes and a cruel expression—it becomes apparent that you never know your neighbor as well as you think.

With the Town's numbers critically low, there is no longer any hope for defense or retaliation. Thus Trigger and Calxiyn overrun the survivors.

Mᴀғɪᴀ Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ

Whew! What a nail-biter. Well played all around; considering the loss of power players on both sides, the Town's lingering suspicions, and the Mafia's looming risk of hitting the BPV, this one really could've gone either way. As usual, stay tuned to the OP for roles and QTs. In the meantime, feel free to discuss the game.

I won't be doing any commentary this time, because I'm going to offer 1-on-1 coaching to anyone who's interested instead. (And some of you don't have a choice because I've heard through the grapevine you're having self-esteem issues and I intend to tell you how fuckin' smart you are at this game.) So yeah, just PM me or something if you wanna know how you did! I'm about to go on a trip but I'll be back to tend to your questions on Sunday.

With regards to future games, I have some surprises on the horizon, so keep an eye on the Spamzone/Playground! Thanks for playing, and I hope to see you donning the pinstripe suits and fedoras again very soon...

10. al215 Kingdom Keeper

Well curses. I KNEW IT WAS TRIGGER AND I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS CAL! THERE WILL BE A VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I was kind of suspicious of Cal, but I kind of wrote it off as just her being busy.

Though that's how I'd play the game if I were Mafia, so job well done to ya.

12. Mish smiley day!

obv the mafia's smartest move was killing mee

13. Trigger hewwo uwu

hehehe. i was so worried we'd hit the BPV. good job to everyone!

14. al215 Kingdom Keeper

I was the BPV for the record.

15. Trigger hewwo uwu

haha, we thought you were! well, Cal did. I just agreed. :b

16. Mish smiley day!

If Nova isn't gonna do a critique of each player as usual, maybe Mak could do it? (I'm sure I saw him mention it in one of the QTs)

PLS I must know if I have reached MVP status yet, although I wouldn't be surprised if Midny took it!

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Oh god right MVPs are a thing uhhhh

Here's an idea: How 'bout Mak and I each name our MVPs for both factions! His will probably come first since I will have to do some review.

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Town

Mish ☆ MVP ☆
    Mish was active, observant, and on the right track for most of the game. She thought things through. More importantly, she actively kept the ball in play and made others become more helpful. Town might have suffered a total defeat without her.

Mafia

Calxiyn ★ MVP ★
    Calxiyn managed to fly under the radar while being active and influencing the flow of the game with her actions. Almost everyone perceived her as Town. She was able to deflect suspicion onto others even without a case. She had a job and she did it well.