~Lucy/Maka's RP Idea Shop~

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Maka Albarn, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

Hey everyone!

So lately, I've been chatting with some friends that RP and mostly everyone I talked to seem to be having this problem: "I would love to make an RP, but I just can't come up with a good idea."

Pretty much, I'm designating this thread for RP ideas that pop in my head here and there to help others who want to make their RPs get out of their slumps and try something Original.

Now I'm not saying my ideas are the best in the world, because I know different people have different styles of doing things. You are free to take these ideas and morph them into your own creations. Yup. I'm not going to cuss or swear at anyone for taking an idea from here. You are free to do whatever you desire with what I post.

Fellow RPers, if you have ideas as well and want to share it on this thread, PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE THAT IDEA AND MAKE IT THEIR OWN.

Hope this helps! Happy RP making~

Note: I will try to update the ideas weekly, but this is what I have so far.

• After getting a regular flu shot vaccination, people are beginning to develop a strange condition.

Paths to maybe take with this-
      ~people get more sick​
      ~people turn into monsters​
      ~people turn into zombies​
      ~develop supernatural powers​

Make it dramatic-
      ~You have a month or two to find the cure​
      ~Scientists are starting to kidnap those infected to do more tests​
      ~Organization wants to kill you off before you infect anyone else​
    • In a city where rich and poor classes are obvious (there is no middle class), a band of outcasts get together and rob the rich to feed the poor.

Possible Settings
      ~Modern times​
      ~Futuristic Era​
      ~Medieval Times​
      ~Steampunk Era​

Paths this could take
      ~leader is in prison without people's knowledge​
      ~leader turned ruthless/greedy​
      ~leader passed away​
      ~family member/trusted friend took over government/kingdom​

Make it dramatic
      ~poor class being kidnapped for slavery to build/find something​
      ~leader of city disguises themselves as poor to make new leader assume they're dead​
      ~hunt is on to find the band of thieves​
    • A band is out to make their way in the world with their music.

Suggestions
      ~Limit RP with five-seven slots open​
      ~Make own songs/use songs from YouTube​
      ~Character slots could be: leader singer, one-two back up singers, drummer, base, guitarist, piano player, band manager​

Paths this could take
      ~Some band members too young to be out on their own
      ~Have ups and downs with successes/failures
      ~Band members might quit and choose a different path
      ~Cutesy Realistic RP for others to enjoy while conflicts pop up here and there

Make it dramatic
      ~Rival band comes to challenge them (???members of KHVs may vote for best band???)
      ~Band leader disappears/dies
      ~All band members are super heroes/super villains in disguise
      ~Band members come from different dimensions and came together to try to get home, but had to find a disguise to blend in and not look so out of place (or make out of place look normal)

2. Arch Mana Knight

Great thread. Like how you gave some very general ideas and themes for people to look at. I'll be adding my own suggestions later when I have time as I have had YEARS of experience making RPs. ALL THE EXPERIENCE.

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Oooh I like this, I get ideas but I'm not very good at making rps myself. I would be willing to help if you wanted to do any of these though.

I always thought that doing an rp on a ship would be a really cool idea. You could do like:

- A futuristic star trek-esque space ship drifting through space and stuff. You have all the normal drama on board a ship as well as space fights and visiting alien plants. (you could get really creative with that) Also of course you could have them have rivals or a big enemy. (If someone wants to do this I have a big list of potential roles on the ship)

- A pirate ship or even a regular little ship going off on an adventure: You can either start off with all your crew or pick up members as you go along, it would be quite easy for people to join when the rp has already started. Again with a pirate ship you have day to day life, cannon fights, sword fights, getting off at various places and seeing what weird and wonderful things you find.

- As well as all the variations such as a Vampire crew (one based off Vampirates maybe), Skypirates (harvest lightning maybe? or based around the Edge chronicles?), involve magic, superpowers and well anything really.

It could be pretty open, with you just letting everyone choose their own role (maybe provide a list of possible roles they could use) or it could be slot based if you don't want it to be too big with different roles on the ship. I can help with roles if you want.

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

I always thought pirates and a crew would be one awesome idea to do, but in the past I find it very hard to RP as. Even if you do a 1x1 RP with you and another partner. It's just because the space of where the RP takes place is limited and there's not much to do till the enemy attacks or you all run across something at once.

Same things with school settings. If you have an RP where attending class is crucial, might have a hard time getting everyone to go to their class, then plan it out when class is going to end.

Both of these RP scenarios really require tons and tons of dedication from the RPers that join, which is hard to do since real life tends to pop up and put things on hold for a while or make things move extremely slow or way too fast.

5. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I see your point, though there are always time skips and with a huge spaceship it could have tons on it. Also when you make stops at planets or on land, then you can allow your crew to explore and anything could happen. I don't know though I've never been in a ship based one.

6. Arch Mana Knight

Funny that you both mention this since I'm on record for saying that I've been trying to come up with a "Star Trek-esque" RP. I didn't really think that anyone would be interested in something like that but I have done a little bit of groundwork for an RP like this. Maybe I should actually consider making and posting it this month.

7. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

I currently have a bunch of roleplay concepts in progress. The one I am working on most avidly at the moment is one based on LARPing, where the characters are the LARPers. They go about their average day to day lives and then once a week ( RP time ) they all meet up at a park dressed up and ready to go for battling the day away.

I have a few other ideas too. Some were announced in an interest thread awhile back while others weren't.
    1. Norse Mythology - The characters would be gods incarnate that need to find each other in order to live long lives.
    2. Blue Bloods - I haven't really thought much on this one, but I love the series and figured it would be a very interesting concept for roleplaying. ( Vampires that are actually Angels )
    3. House of Night - The same goes for this one. The books are really good and I think it could make for an interesting roleplay. ( Vampire Academy )
    4. World of Paint - In this, the characters live inside of paintings. Everything is happy and magical where anything goes. Everyone lives in peace in the beautiful world that is created for them, until one day some ink is spilled on a painting and the leftover residue changes everything inside.
    5. Artwork Run Amuck - In a world that seems magic-less, one little boy finds a paintbrush with special properties. Everything he creates comes to life. It seems great until his creations begin to cause problems.

EDIT: The ones that are crossed off have been completed.
    Maka this was a really brilliant idea and I'm jealous that I didn't come up with it first. Hmph. Kudos to you.

Any who, I originally had a series of RP ideas listed in the thread "What RPs do you Currently have in Development?" The spoiler above was that list. The ones crossed off have been completed, but given the dedication required in the three RPs I'm currently in and real life, I don't think I'll be able to finish the list which is a shame. If anyone wanted to take it over, I would be fine with that. To elaborate further so that you have a better idea of where I was going with them, see below. Of course, with these being your own RP rather than mind, I understand that they may end up in a completely different direction. However, please note that whenever I make an RP, there usually ends up being a significant number of hours spent on research for said RP, so if you don't think you're going to put a ton of time into the creation process, my RP ideas probably are not for you.

Norse Mythology-
    House of Night-
    Is based off a series of books about a vampire academy. Wiki link is located here. Feel free to do with that what you wish. If you haven't read the books you might want to steer clear of this one.

If you decide to go with either of these, or any others that I post here in the future, and have questions feel free to contact me. I will gladly help with the creation process.