Square-Enix Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Announced

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Aug 31, 2012.

1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Not as sexy as her FFXIII-2 outfit but it looks like its got something from FFXIII and XIII-2. Would need to see a clearer image to determine if I like it or not. But it doesn't look bad from what I can tell.

2. Patman Bof

Found this one :
    [​IMG]

3. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

It's like a mix between Dracula and a knight. Hmm.

Anyway, let's see how she can move in this new cosplay outfit of hers when a proper trailer comes out soon.

4. libregkd -

5. Trigger hewwo uwu

I kinda feel like this trailer was a bit lackluster? While it's nice to see some gameplay, the way it was described in interviews and such made it sound a lot more interesting.

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Don't know why, but I was getting an Assassin's Creed vibe watching it for some reason

7. Arch Mana Knight

Another youtube link to the trailer. Was worried that it'd steal the thunder from Versus's own action-heavy gameplay...but it's basically just a modified version of the old combat system. Versus still looks much better, so I'm pleased. ...Too bad that'll take forever to be released. XD

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It looked awright till the sunglasses at night scene. xD

I couldn't see Square drifting away from the combat system they've used so far so I'm glad it isn't like Versus, purely because I like XIII's battle system (Obviously other don't but meeh). Can't say the trailer gets me all excited but I am looking forward to playing as Lightning again. Her outfit isn't very...her, though. xD

9. libregkd -

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

11. Arch Mana Knight

Well movement seems to be slightly upgraded from XIII-2. Lightning can now slide down poles...like a stripper. XD Seems like anything red will be interactive. Kinda reminiscent of a slower Dream Drop Distance(haven't played it but it should be close enough).

And it takes place after XIII-2. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense since Hope(confirmed), Serah(looked like it from a screenshot), and Noel(also looked like it) are appearing. Pretty disappointing to have all Hope's badass character development flushed down the drain.

12. libregkd -

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

LOL, now I'm seeing ads for the game saying that the apocalypse didn't happen yesterday because it was rescheduled for 2013.

14. Labrys King's Apprentice

15. libregkd -

16. Mysty Unknown

I liked the trailer. The battle system still confuses me a tad but it will be something to expect. Tis on my 2013 list of games to buy.

17. Arch Mana Knight

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/25/time-is-always-flowing-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

Seems to be completely confirmed that we won't be playing as anyone else other than Lightning. Not surprising but still. >> Oh and there's another article on how the Japanese version will have English subtitles for those who want it. Good news for those who want to spoil themselves as soon as possible.

There's a few other bits and pieces in the article I linked but...nothing mind blowing. This game just screams "meh".

18. Cherry Berry Chaser

For me, it doesn't scream anything special at the moment. The trailer didn't do it for me, sadly enough. Though, I did find it strangely amusing how much this looked like a crossover between Final Fantasy and Ass creed. Not only because of the outfit... But just the whole vibe, right down to the music and her being able to freely access locations like that.

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Isn't there a way to dissuade Square Enix from going down the 1 character-only path? XIII-2 was bad enough >:L

For XIII-2, I tried sending a complaint but lol how's that even going to work? That is my only complaint with this game.

20. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I guess the trailer's alright--I suppose. The only thing that's troubling me is--why Lightning? Shouldn't you guys think there should be a different character and I think Square Enix is running out of game titles for the Final Fantasy franchise--don't ya think?