Leonard Nimoy Passes Away at 83

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

It is with great sadness for me to have to write this. Leonard Nimoy, the English voice of Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, known mostly for his role as Spock in Star Trek, has sadly passed away in his home in Los Angeles after complications with COPD. On behalf of the KHV staff, I would like to extend my deepest condolences to Nimoy's family.

RIP Leonard Nimoy. It's hard to imagine Master Xehanort voiced by anyone other than yourself.

[​IMG]
    Credit to HeartlessOfLight for letting me know.

Source

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Lite
      Lite
      I never saw much of his more famous roles (such as Spock in Star Trek), but I always knew he was a talented and well-respected figure. I think many will agree when I say that it was an honor to have him be the voice behind Master Xehanort in the Kingdom Hearts series thus far.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Nimoy. You will be dearly missed.
      Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
    2. AzzyFox
      AzzyFox
      Chikao Ohtsuka just died, too. This has not been a good year for Master Xehanort. =[

R.I.P., dear Mr. Leonard Nimoy. You, your passion, and your talent will be missed.
    3. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Oh, no. D:

I don't know why, but when I heard he'd gone to the hospital the other day, I assumed he'd be fine, but... Anyway, I'm sad to hear this. He's going to be terribly missed.
    4. burnitup
      burnitup
      I think this is appropriate:

Rest in Peace, Leonard Nimoy.
    5. Stardust
      Stardust
      Damn.
      As a huge fan of Star Trek, it's really... Weird, hearing this. Fooled myself into thinking this person who'd made an impact on my life, and so many others, would be around forever I guess.
      Rest in peace, Mr. Nimoy, and thank you for sharing your talents with all of us.
    6. Sebax
      Sebax
      I also heard he'd been rushed to the hospital with chest pains. It's especially sad, because he was still so active in the Entertainment community.

[​IMG]

*LLAP= Live Long, and Prosper

http://time.com/3726337/leonard-nimoy-dead-twitter/#5588/leonard-nimoy-spock-smoking-lung-disease

Given the tie with COPD, I feel this link above is appropriate.

My thoughts go out to the Nimoy family, and his fans and followers.

Hey, I feel you. I felt the same about Robin Williams. And I can certainly relate with this particular fallen star. Some people truly deserve the title "Celebrity", because they deserve celebration. Nimoy was no exception.
    7. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      I was wondering how long it would be before someone referenced The Wrath of Khan.
    8. burnitup
      burnitup
      It needed to be done.
    9. 61
      This is so bizarre. He's one of those well-known, perpetually old people who you are always expecting to pass but never think they will. Like Patrick Stewart.
    10. Explode
      Explode
      Yeah...As much as I didn't want it to be true, I knew this was coming after hearing he was hospitalized. For at least a year now his health has been pretty bad. A sad day for many fans of multiple franchises. Rest in peace.
    11. Patman
      Patman
      For even longer than that. I mostly knew him for his role as William Bell in Fringe, but his involvement in that series has always been a last minute kind of deal. His health was already bad enough to make it impossible for him to plan anything. It is sad, but it was expected at that point. He had quite a unique voice, I recognized it immediately when I played BBS.

12. Sebax
      Sebax
      You just reminded me that, someday, Patrick Stewart has to die, and "statistically" I will likely experience the happening (At least, I hope so; he's 74 and I'm 20, and given how much of a good guy he seems to be, he'd probably hope he goes before somebody 20 does). Why though? On this day of already so much loss, why must you remind me Patrick will go away? Who'll go first? Patrick or Ian McKellan? I don't want the answer.

Who're are you going to remind us is old next? Betty Whi- Oh God... Oh God no! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! James Earl Jo- Whimper. Bill Murr...Bill Murrrr....Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? (These are rhetorical questions meant with humor. Please, don't feel attacked, 61)

For the record, I'm not exclusively a Celebrity Worshipper. I'm just an actor, with a pretty good grasp on how many have influenced the craft throughout its history.
    13. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      R.I.P man... Your voice was truly amazing. You will be missed very much...

1. Roxas gif.gif
    14. Krowley
      Krowley
      Both Xehanorts in one year is truly a sad thing indeed. Especially as he was only featured in 2 of the seven games.
      I will miss Nimoy. He could play excellent portrayals of antagonists and protagonists. His acting and voice work will surely be missed.

And now that both voices are gone, Xehanort's true voice will rise...
    15. Amaury
      Amaury
      Both Xehanort voice actors? Did I miss something?
    16. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
    17. DustaMonsta
      DustaMonsta
      This is truly a sad time. Both Japan and America have lost Master Xeahnort. He may be the villain of the series, But it's definitely what made him popular. I pray our friends souls rest in piece together and hope the legacy of Xeahnort is left in the right hands.
    18. Amaury
    19. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      What's sad about this is that now they have to find a replacement for Master Xehanort in both the Japanese and English versions...and I don't think it can be done. Ohtuska and Nimoy are both legendary and I don't think anyone will be able to reach the level that they did. Makes me wish that KHIII would have come out much sooner since it is the last part of the Xehanort Saga. That way Nimoy and Ohtsuka would have been able to finish the story of one of their most iconic roles.