Japanese Voice Actor for Master Xehanort dead at 85

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Krowley Moderator

Chikao Ohtsuka; The Japanese voice actor for Master Xehanort and Captain Hook, passed away on January 15th 2015 due to ischemic heart failure.

Ohtsuka is well known for his voice work in playing many villains in animes, films and video games. Notable roles of his include Doctor Eggman from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, Professor Moriarty from Sherlock Hound, Gold Roger in One Piece, Wario in various Nintento titles, Doctor Cidolfus Demen Bunansa in Final Fantasy XII, Disney's Captain Hook, and of course, the villainous Master Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts.

Dead at the age of 85, he is survived by his 55 year old son; Akio, whom he has performed with on several occasions. Akio voices Ansem: Seeker of Darkness in the Kingdom Hearts Franchise.

May you find peace in the realm of darkness Ohtsuka.
    The world shall miss your villainous ways.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jan 16, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      That's too bad. D:

Condolences to his family. His work will be missed (if not by me; the only listed one here I'm familiar with is BbS).
    2. Explode
      Explode
      It's always sad when this happens, even if you're not super-familiar with their work.

An unfortunate reality when properly casting an older character. Leonard Nimoy's health is declining too, and he may have already retired, though I can't remember.

Rest in peace, man.
    3. Shinichi Izumi
      Shinichi Izumi
      man, i remember the old days where i watched subbed BbS scenes (nostalgia) and how i really liked his voice and how it was scary, and fit MX perfectly, my condolences to his family, his talent will be missed.
    4. Vagineer
      Vagineer
      I bring my condolences to his family. He and his son are such talented voice actors. May he rest peacefully and may he be remembered in his works.
    5. Shiki
      Shiki
      I guess they couldn't find the key to his heart in time ;-;
      Rest in peace.
    6. phoenixkh93
      phoenixkh93
      This is so sad :( I had no idea though that his son did the voice of Ansem, that's a very clever casting choice there. Had they already done his voice recording for KH3?
    7. . : tale_wind
      No clue. You know how forthcoming Square is with KHIII news.

I'd assume no, since KHIII is still probably rather early in production, given some of the details from the II.5 launch event. They'll probably find someone who can mimic his voice pretty soon, though, if they haven't already.
    8. DualBladeRoxas
      DualBladeRoxas
      Rest in peace man... Your work will be missed
    9. Antidote
      Antidote
      This is incredibly sad. He was fantastic as Master Xehanort and also in the Tales of Xillia series. Rest in peace~
    10. DustaMonsta
      DustaMonsta
      He will be missed. RIP friend. So who will do master Xeahnort now?
    11. . : tale_wind