Legends of Tyrrus

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Relatively Sane, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

There was a quizzical look on Laureninus' face as he watched the man freak out. It was possible it was just an act, but he didn't think so. So what was it, Disassociated Identity Disorder? Perhaps schizophrenia? Either way it started to feel like this man just needed to get help, and that meant getting him free, as much as Ren hated to admit it. Then of course Kara had to speak up and add to the conversation. "Yes it was stupid, I am an idiot you don't have to say it. That doesn't change the fact that it was that voice that caused the spider to have a break down. It was that voice that hurt your friend and sent him running. But whatever clearly I don't know a damn thing and none of it matters, so can we just get this thing done then?" Ren asked, clearly annoyed with everything right now. He didn't want to really talk to anyone anymore, feeling that they all had something against him when all he was trying to do was make sure they were safe and doing the right thing.

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

Admist Tessa being defensive of Rayyad and Ren questioning him, Rayyad had himself a freak out. Well this was just turning out to be one interesting experience for Lumen with all the spiders and now a guy who was hearing voices in his head. Yup, one interesting experience for them all. There wasn't much else left for them here, so Lumen followed behind the others as they left this portion of the cave.

3. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Conrad turned on Alice as she just had to point out the fact Rayyad had kidnapped them. "Rayyad, Tessa and I discussed this, it was a mistake, though if I'm not mistaken I said that already. So let it go, it's not like you were affected anyways so just stop bitching about it." Conrad said, starting to lose his cool. He wasn't the only one to lose it, Rayyad lost it too as he rambled on about someone inside his head. Well Rayyad aside from the kidnapping incident had shown nothing but friendliness and that first thing he had forgiven the man already. Whatever this was he spoke off he didn't understand it, something Tessa felt the need to point out to them all, saying something about stupid humans, she probably didn't realise she herself was a human being too.

He sighed in frustration, as the both of them ran off, seeing they needed the totem he too needed to join them, duty, he reminded himself as he wanted to pick up the totem
    Kara asked him if he wanted help with it. "Yeah, thanks it's much appreciated. Dragging the damn thing from the depths on my own wasn't pleasant enough for me to want to repeat it." Conrad said, he took hold of one end and gave Kara a nod as he lifted his share of it. His face looked tense, a hint to what was going on inside his head. Tessa had seen something, but what and why couldn't she try explain what she saw instead of being all you don't understand about it. He trudged along carrying the totem with Kara as they went after Rayyad and Tessa towards the palace. Stupid humans or not, there was no way they'd get it done without them.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  4. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG][​IMG]

Kellan gave Steven (Kevin) a quizzical look and held his arms out in a 'What the hell are you talking about?' gesture.
    "You look like a horse trampled all over you, you dumb sh*t. You can't take on the Burning Blade if you got your ass handed to you by a couple of thugs." He shook his head disapprovingly, but luckily everyone else here was much more intelligent than Kevin. "You guys actually have a hope of getting in with the password, glad that the rest of you are smart enough to see that you're going to get destroyed. Especially you New Guy." He gestured to Roric. Baldomar, he just shook his head. He was still trying to pull the 'I don't know what you mean' card. Some things never changed.
    "Follow me then." He led them through the Keep.

They soon arrived at the problem that the Burning Blade had encountered. The corridor was blocked by a stone gateway, carved with intricate patterns that historians would examine for hours, establishing styles and the era it was constructed in. However, nobody there was a historian really, so enough on the doorway. The gate itself was made of stone, and notably in the centre of it about 6 foot off the ground was a window of iron bars. Beyond it, a face with an orange glow coming through the eyes could be seen. Around the corridor here, bodies could be seen laying down in various degrees of disarray. Notably, next to one robed figure lay a book. As they got near, a deep voice echoed from the other side of the door.

"All those who seek passage will provide proof of loyalty to Janus Wintermist." Its gazed turned on them. "Answer my questions, and you shall be permitted passage."

"Sounds like we're going to need some information. Check through that book over there, we might find something." Aston suggested.

[​IMG]

"Bryce!" Aedan cried, seeing the Drake's jaws clamp down on the arm of the warrior. How did this happen? The dead coming to life? Bryce... Bryce is in danger... Why can't I do anything...? The Druid pressed himself against the wall, an expression of despair on his face. He was never one for fighting, and he had never prepared himself to do any. That wasn't his part to play. All Aedan had ever wanted was peace, and to create harmony as in the village. That was his role. He even mediated with the savage drake outside, but this was beyond him now. What could he do? He watched Bryce's heroic struggle with the shambling skeletal creature. He felt sick. The scent of death reeked, and his entire universe was upturned as the impossible became possible in an instant.

And his friend was going to die.

Could he accept that? His knuckles whitened as he clasped his staff. A tear rolled down Aedan's cheek. How could he just stand there and let this happen? Did a mother stand idly by while its cubs were slain? Did animals meekly accept their fates? Should he? He had to try. He had to do something. Even if that something was very little, maybe he could last long enough to make a bit of a difference.

"No!" He howled, rushing the Drake and raising his staff. He beat its head with the stave. He struck it twice, doing the only thing that he could. "Get away from him! Get away!"

Aedan moved diagonally right next to the Drake and Bryce (2/10 AP)
    He struck the Drake twice with his staff (10/10 AP)

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Anthea kept herself small and quiet as she followed through the keep to the stone door. She was intrigued by the patters on it. She caught herself zoned out looking at them, that was until a voice on the other side of the door made her jump. Anthea brought her eyes off the designs carved in the wall to look at Aston as he spoke. He requested that they get the book that was laying on the ground nearby, looking for some information.

Anthea did as was requested and shuffled over to get the book. She did her best not to look at the body it was beside, or any of the other bodies around. They had to get this right so they wouldn't end up like these poor souls.
    "Are you sure the book will have the right answers?" Anthea asked quietly as she brought it over. "It seems that whatever answers he got from it, got him killed." Anthea stated as she glance over at the body quickly. "I wonder..." Anthea started to ponder a thought about using another talent of hers to help them here, then she stopped. It might work, but it would likely get them all killed instead. She wasn't going to risk it. "Never mind." She said even more softly then she spoke about wondering.

6. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Baldomar laughed as Kellan displayed his marvelous ability with words again, then again it wasn't like he could do an aweful lot better, he laughed more when Kellan shook his head when Baldy played his old I don't know what you are on about card, one of his personal favourites. As his father had taught him, deny everything. He followed the group towards the stone door, dear little Anthea was wondering out loud if the book had the right answers or not. "Well obviously, dear little Anthea they didn't look at the right page or rushed their task. Wanting to get to the bling as quickly as possible so they didn't exactly read what had been written. Or were just plain stupid, either way if Kellan thinks it might be of use, I trust him to be right, otherwise he knows there'll be hell to pay when we get out of the mess." Baldomar explained as he picked up the book and started to look for clues about this Janus Wintermist

7. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Alice's pov:

Alice banner.png

Tessa said something about stupid humans. It was odd in a way. There was nothing to do though. Conrad said something and she turned to him. Anger came to her. The fool did not understand. "You wont have to worry much longer." She turned away from the man and walked after Lumen. If anyone would understand what was going on it would be him. She walked up behind him and whispered to him so that only he could hear. "Rayyad is lying about the totem. That it is a binding totem. That it is keeping him locked here. I saw him in the forest so there is no way the totem is keeping him here. Do what you will with this information." What Lumen would do with the information she just whispered to him she could not say. She was not sure if she was better off here, but she felt so alone.

Kevin's pov:

kevin Stilt banner.png

'You look like a horse trampled all over you, you dumb sh*t. You can't take on the Burning Blade if you got your ass handed to you by a couple of thugs.' "Don't you dare question me. I know more about assassins then anyone here. If you want my help I suggest you knock it out." He was not just someone from the militarily he had first hand experience with assassins and if need be he would use it. He walked behind the other without saying much else. They soon arrived at where the problem that the Burning Blade had. A deep voice then said, 'All those who seek passage will provide proof of loyalty to Janus Wintermist. Answer my questions, and you shall be permitted passage.' He looked at Kellan. "If you are so smart then you will not have a problem figuring out how to get past the door all by your self." He then looked at Aston with the look of, Why in the world are we helping this fool.

8. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Darklight Disturbance
    Arak'Un, the Palace:
    Rayyad was comforted by Tessa's words, at least she was standing up for him. They once more begun to head towards the palace but he was suddenly stopped in his tracks. Rayyad turned suddenly towards the girl named Alice, and his eyes were glowing blue and his face was contorted into a psychotic grin
    "Yes indeed girl, Rayyad is lying. Thank you for noticing" Rayyad intoned with a deeper, echoing voice. Suddenly he blinked, and his eyes were back to normal. He looked incredibly anxious and tears began to fall down his cheek. For a moment his lip trembled "...why?" he asked the girl "Why did you have to question it? Why can't you just accept the lie? Everything was going perfectly fine until you had to point that out!" Rayyad was stepping away backwards slowly, he was afraid of the group, he realised. He had only just met them, and they were already questioning everything. Conrad and Tessa had never questioned him, they'd accepted the lies. And the lies never had to be revealed, if it weren't for this stupid girl.

Lord Arval Galaharram crept through the city, sword drawn, his clothes spattered with spider blood. His expression was far from the bumbling nobleman they'd met earlier, now death and determination filled his manic eyes. He heard voices. He recognised the voices of the adventurer's society members, but there was an unfamiliar voice. As he crept around a corner, he saw him. The dark skinned Hirokiri shaman. And he was speaking in a deep voice and his eyes glowed blue. Arval retreated back around the corner and inhaled deeply. He closed his eyes and muttered a silent prayer to The Father, The Mother, and The Son. He would be the one to take down this criminal, he would win one for Tyrrus. For the Queen.

Rayyad suddenly felt someone grab him from behind and hold a sword to his throat
    "Don't move! Dark shaman!" came a voice "Or I'll kill you where you stand! Worry not my friends I have captured him!" Rayyad's eyes darted around with fear, but there was blue glow slowly encroaching into those green irises...

[​IMG]
    Big Game Hunting
    Fordington, Wizard's District:
    As Sanderson frantically reloaded he watched as Aedan hopelessly smacked the drake, to no effect. Likewise, Bryce missed once again as he swung his battleaxe. But through sheer strength as he struggled, Bryce managed to dislodge the creature's jaw and the frost that crept up his arm dissipated. The drake backed away, hissing, its blue eyes fixated on Bryce with cold determination. It opened its mouth wide, frosty magic swirling its its jaw as it prepared for a frost blast, when suddenly its skull shattered into thousands of bone pieces, and the body slumped to the floor. Sanderson stood, his eyes filled with rage, as he held his still smoking gun. Abruptly, he put on a smile and walked to the others
    "Good show old chaps! We showed that beast who was boss, didn't we? And thank you Aedan for protecting me! Good job too Bryce, considering your exhaustion right now!" he ruffled the hair of his companions with a grin.

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Bryce stared at the shattered remains of the drake, uncharacteristically quiet as Sanderson ruffled his hair. He didn't even think to look if the man's sideburns were acting suspiciously. He found he really didn't care. "I think I'd like to go rest somewhere. Alone." He murmured, stepping away from both of his companions without returning their gaze. "Is there a place I could do that?"

The only thing keeping him from going to find such a thing on his own was that there might be more of those things, and he didn't want to die frozen as differently sized chunks of meat. Even if that meant he would be able to rest.

[​IMG]
    Tessa felt ice slide down her spine as the Webbar King's voice appeared from right beside her. Whipping around, she stared at Rayyad as the truth finally came out. She opened her mouth to speak, but the only thing came were tears. Stupid human tears. She wiped them away, angrily scrubbing at her eyes until they were puffy and red, but dry before turning back to Rayyad. "Why couldn't you just tell the truth?" she asked, her eyes shining as she rubbed at them once more. "Was that so hard Rayyad? Weren't we your friends, your pack?" This hurt feeling, it was new. And it stung. If she had to have labeled it, she would have said it felt similar to being stabbed in the chest with a knife. If this was the cost of having friends, perhaps she didn't want them. Perhaps she was better off alone.

Her thoughts were cut off by
    Lord Arval's appearance. He pressed a dagger to Rayyad's throat, and she clenched her hands. "Stop. Just stop." She whispered as he spoke. "Just....STOP!" Her shriek echoed through the cave as she yanked her staff out of its sling and swung it at Arval. Trusting another human was her first mistake, and she would never make it again.

[​IMG]
    Kara blinked, somewhat surprised that Alice had actually gotten something right in her crazy ramblings. She was also a little unnerved at the sudden change Rayyad displayed, going from imperial to ordinary in the blink of an eye. Frowning, she paused, then set the statue down just as Arval jumped out of nowhere. In all honesty, she had somehow thought the man had died...but where was Shyra?

She peered behind him, hoping the familiar form would show itself, when Tessa's shriek alerted her that not everyone was taking
    Rayyad's capture so well. She whirled, but was too far away to stop Tessa as the girl swung her staff towards the military leader, her cheeks shining. Oh shit. Kara leaped forward, ready to either pull the girl away or defend her as need be. She didn't know Rayyad, and after what had just happened didn't trust in particular. But Tessa clearly had, and the look in the girl's eyes was one Kara was all too familiar with.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

"So.... Want to tell us what is really going on now, before I am tempted to kill you myself." Laurentinus said, his arms crossed as he glared at Rayyad. Everyone seemed to think he was not worth listening to. Thinking he was over reacting to everything. They didn't seem to care what he had to say but now they were seeing that it didn't hurt to be overly cautious. It hurt not to be cautious enough, that was how you lost people you cared for.

He didn't care if
    Arval believed he was actually noble or not anymore. He just wanted to know what was going on. He just wanted to know everyone would be safe now, Kara would be safe. He itched to draw his sword against the man. To at least be ready to fight him right away. But that being said he still felt the others might see him going too over the top about everything, and he would rather avoid them completely shunning him. Without drawing his sword he still decided to place himself where he could act quickly. Kara and Tessa were right next to Rayyad, Tessa trying to defend it, and Kara just there to help he assumed. He still didn't want either getting hurt because of Rayyad or Arval so he was ready to defend him. He honestly had no trust for Arval either. There was as good a chance that this man set this up. After all no one could actually be as stupid as he seemed to be. It could have been an act to attract them all to the cave. But before jumping to conclusions he would let Rayyad speak.

11. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Conrad followed along ignoring Alice' remark seeing there wasn't much to say about it, she knew his opinion and there was no point wasting energy on an argument. Then something very strange happened with Rayyad, Kara made it clear to put the Totem down so he cooperated and set the damned thing down. Tessa lost it and honestly he couldn't blame her, nor was he surprised. After all she had lost it before when she claimed he lied and Rayyad lied. Difference was since then he hadn't lied to her. And in hindsight he hadn't been lying either, but that mattered very little. He watched her, not sure what to do. He too had been lied to again and he would be hard pressed to trust Rayyad again, Tessa had done a decent job at asking the questions that swirled in his mind too. "So even after all we did to help you, you were still gonna screw us over?" Conrad asked Rayyad.

Before he got an answer however another person appeared and everything went to hell even further Rayyad apparantly was an assasin according to this new person then again he didn't know this man so he took this mans words with a pinch of salt. However the sword against Rayyad's throat made Tessa lose it even more. And while the ******* had lied to him, death or imprisonment seemed a bit too much. When Tessa unslung her staff he knew what was gonna happen next. "Tessa! Wait!" He shouted, he wanted to intervene but he was too far away to stop her. He followed Kara's lead and he too was ready to step in were it necessary. "Okay, what the hell is the meaning of this?" Conrad asked Arval.

Ulrich watched as the Drakes went along with their plan and when all pieces were in place he jumped into action, seeing he was one of the heavier armoured people on the field it would be his task to hold the line so that others might live. Plus it would put him in the perfect position to get some sweet sweet revenge against the big *******. So Ulrich moved up placing himself in front of Lyra and swung his flail at the Drake, bellowing "Come on you overgrown lizard, time for a little fire dance."

Ulrich moved up 1 space 1 AP
    Ulrich moved up-left two spaces 2 AP
    Ulrich used Flail Swing 6 AP
    Total used: 9 AP

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

So Alice really wasn't helping making any of this simple for Lumen to figure out. He barely knew the guy nor anything about this totem and at this point was just going along with it because he couldn't do anything else really. Thus when Alice had said that Rayyad was lying, he was fully prepared to shrugged it off. Least before Rayyad had actually admitted to lying. Not sure how to respond to all this, Lumen did nothing while things too a further turn for the worse. Lord Arval (who I'm not even sure if Lumen would know, but fuck it he does) appeared and threatened to kill Rayyad, which lead to Tessa fully losing it. Taking into account that she likely had the most trust in Rayyad, she was clearly devastated by his apparently lying on top of being attacked.

13. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG][​IMG]

Kellan looked at Steven with a 'WTF' expression on his face and held his arms up.
    "You don't know sh*t son! If you're that good then I bet you could have taken them all down yourself and never have been seen at all. Oh wait, your ass is injured. Guess who's flawless?" Kellan gestured at the lack of injuries on his person. "Get that stick out of your ass before I take it out and beat you to death with it. And figure out this password o' master assassin."
    "Come on guys, we have to look for this password." He shook his head. He couldn't help but feel that despite the man's attitude, Kellan did have a point. Kevin hadn't really shown off his skills there, so he wasn't entirely sure what the know-it-all assassin was bragging about. He noticed that Anthea looked like she had something to say. "What's on your mind Anthea?" He made sure to use her real name, because she probably wouldn't want to be called Christina. As he spoke, he opened up the book. He found a bloody page, where he found possibly what they were going to need. It appeared to be a history book. He nodded at Kellan who approached it.
    "Yo, first question!" He spoke at the face beyond the door. It rumbled, before speaking.
    "When was this keep rebuilt?" Aston looked closer at one of the bloody pages, it seemed to have a timeline, and he traced his fingers over the more pertinent bits.
    705 – Battle of Whitebay where the forces of Akrazur join to help Zythia against Salvakoryn, Tyrrus emerges victorious. In revenge Salvakoryn burns down the Everwood and almost destroys the Kingdom of Everwood

706 – Cthuth's forces from the Izir desert invade Fogwarden Keep, General Wintermist is killed and the keep is burned down. More forces from Izir attack the Eastern Pass but the White King stops them.

707 – Peace treaty formed, Akrazur creates eternal storms around the Secluded Sea, other dragonlords promise to never again invade the lands of Zythia, wartime reconstruction begins

"Hmm... Come look at this everyone. See if we can figure out something."

[​IMG]

Aedan backed away as it came to pieces in front of them. Sanderson had managed to take it down - At least, he thought. He wasn't entirely sure what just happened. The Druid panted, his face pale and his face was covered in the cold sweat of fear. He stared at the broken form, seemingly gazing off into an infinite distance. His head swam. He couldn't understand what just happened in front of them, the fact that it nearly killed them. It radiated cold. It wasn't right. It should be dead, yet it moved. He looked up at Sanderson, still shocked.
    "What was that thing Sanderson?" He saw that Bryce was faring little better. Neither of them had prepared for this. "If you hadn't been here..." He couldn't say the words. He couldn't tell him that if he wasn't there, they'd be dead.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  14. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Alice's pov:

Alice banner.png

'Yes indeed girl, Rayyad is lying. Thank you for noticing' Well clearly he was. She wondered how the others did not notice. 'Why did you have to question it? Why can't you just accept the lie? Everything was going perfectly fine until you had to point that out.' "I will Not stand by when it as clear as day that you are lying. Now what does the totem really do?" That was when Lord Arval Galaharram showed up. Something was not right about his sudden appearance. There was a fight about to happen she was sure of it.

Kevin's pov:

kevin Stilt banner.png

'You don't know sh*t son!' "Really? You know nothing. I was involved with assassins a long time ago, so I think, wait I know what is going on when it comes to them. You have no idea what they can be like." This man had no clue what assassins were like. If you did not get away, take them out or play along you were as good as dead when it came to assassins. 'Could have taken them all down yourself and never have been seen at all. Oh wait, your ass is injured. Guess who's flawless' "Oh you so smart that you could figure out the password all by yourself, oh wait your to stupid for that other wise you would have already figured out the password. You need us because you are to stupid to figure it out yourself. I know what it is like to be apart of a team but that is something I do not see in you. I am smart enough to know that it takes more then one person in a team. As they say there is no 'I' in team." 'Get that stick out of your ass before I take it out and beat you to death with it.' "Don't you threaten me again." 'Come on guys, we have to look for this password.' "Yes, Sir Venger." He was quite tired of Kellan.

15. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Baldomar was rather amused when Kevin once again was put in his bloody place. "Yeah whatever... clearly you have been the greatest teamplayer by falling asleep in the middle of a fight so Uncle Baldy could get his fun. Then again you also thought I was wrong at the crossroads eventhough I was clearly right so you're losing some serious baldy points on that one. Losing some more points on the idle threat there..." Baldomar said when Kevin started up again, he listened to the question. When the keep was rebuilt, then Aston called them over to take a look at things, he checked what Aston pointed out. 706, keep gets destroyed. So the last two were an option. 707 listed War time reconstruction, that meant rebuilding **** right? "The answer is 707, I'm sure of it. 706 it gets torched, then 707 lists wartime reconstruction, ain't no doubt about it, it's 707. Funnily enough that is the same number as the amount of so-called master assasins, pro ninja's and great warriors I ran into. Can't say a single one impressed me though." Baldomar said, he didn't see the need for such impressive architecture when you could just live in a cave, ram down a tree or two and make that into furniture, you wouldn't have to worry about people trying to burn it down either or rebuilding it for that matter.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

Anthea looked up when Aston asked what was on her mind. She hesitated before answering but not fully. "Oh it was nothing, I had an idea but now that I think about it, it would be too dangerous to even attempt. Don't worry about it." Anthea responded to him as she looked away again. She was silently scolding herself for even considering it. It wasn't like her incantations were actually really good for what she was thinking of anyways. She would need more a wide open space for it instead of a closed in space like where they were.

Then there was the question.
    Baldomar thought it was an easy answer but Anthea questioned if the answer would be that simple, then that got her thinking. "The question might not be when it started being constructed, but when it was finished. If that is the case the Keep very well could take years to construct. Is there anywhere in that book that says how long it took to build it?" Anthea suggested quietly. She didn't like speaking up but she feared getting the wrong answer and ending up like the rest of these bodies.

17. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Roric scratched his chin and shook his head upon thinking it over for a moment. "Sure, reconstruction started in 707 but that doesn't mean it was finished that year. I've never known any keeps to be finished being built within the same year it was started. What about 708? Or...what if there's another clue to tell us how long reconstruction might take?" The archer shrugged, crossing his arms. "I'm an archer, not an architect dammit. I have nod idea how long that stuff takes to complete but I've gotta think it takes at least a full year." He looked around. The place still seemed rundown to him but he had to assume after the rebuilding this place had looked a lot more fantastic. And a lot less bloody.

"
    Any other shots in the dark?"

18. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

DM Message
    Woah it's been a long time guys. So I don't blame you if you've completely forgotten everything. Let's do a quick recap of each mission

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Darklight Disturbance:
    Members: Shyra, Tessa, Lumen, Conrad, Kara, Laurentinus, Alice.
    The Adventurer's Society is off to investigate some interesting disturbances happening within the Darklight Caverns, in the mountains between Tyrrus and Hirokir. On the way they fought some giant spiders who were clearly out of their natural habitat, and killed them. They soon arrived at the village of Ashten near the mountains. Conrad and Tessa soon met a man named Rayyad Khayrat, a forest shaman who kidnapped them because they'd killed his spiders and rode off on a giant spider. Alice witnessed this.
    Meanwhile Kara and Laurentinus met Lord Arval Galaharram, commander of the regional guard, and managed to trick him into thinking Laurentinus was a duke. Eventually they realised Conrad and Tessa had gone missing and went towards the caves.
    Alice went to Shyra and Lumen and told them what she'd seen. Soon they too were going towards the caves.
    Meanwhile, Rayyad took Conrad and Tessa around his home, the ancient ruins of Arak'Un. He explained to them that he was from a long lineage of rulers of this underground kingdom and he was cursed by the Gathered Rulers of Hirokir to guard this place with his life. The object keeping him here was supposedly a totem that he'd been unable to find. During this time Rayyad slipped up and accidentally unleashed his alter ego, the being living inside his head, the Webber Prince. He explained that he'd brought Tessa and Conrad here to replace him as protectors of the ruins, at which point they obviously got mad. Tessa went towards the mines, where they'd decided the totem might be, and was bitten by a giant spider. In her nightmares she was haunted by the Webber Prince.
    Kara and Ren had run into trouble against a couple of spiders but they successfully fought them off. They regrouped with the others and together they all went towards the ruins of Arak'Un. However, the path split and the group separated.
    Tessa, Conrad and Rayyad went down the mines and encountered many difficulties until they eventually found the totem and began to bring it back.
    Kara and Ren had gone down one tunnel and met the giant spider, Shadowweaver (The spider Rayyad had been riding previously). The spider became a sort of messenger between Rayyad and Co. and Kara. Rayyad allowed them into the ruins. Kara and Ren explored a bit, found Rayyad's house, but suddenly the Webber Prince took over the mind of Shadowweaver and caused him to bite Ren.
    Alice and Lumen had gone down another path, fought a spider, and ended up in the same place as Kara and Laurentinus. At this time, Conrad, Tessa and Rayyad appeared and they spoke to each other, but Ren noticed that Rayyad's voice was the same as the Webber Prince and was suspicious. Suddenly, Alice noticed something as well, Rayyad claimed the totem was keeping him here, but he'd been seen outside. At this climactic moment and the reveal of Rayyad's lie, suddenly Arval Galaharram appeared and attacked Rayyad, under the mistaken impression that he was an enemy. Tessa attacked Arval, and that's where we are.

Big Game Hunting
    Members: Sanderson, Lyra, Bryce, Aedan, Ulrich, Sebastien.
    Sanderson decides to give the rookies some training by helping the town of Fordington, currently being invaded by drakes. So they set off and partway long their journey, find an inn. In the morning they meet a man who calls himself the Night Knight and who beats Bryce in combat.
    Continuing the journey, they arrive at Fordington to find a disaster. They talk to the Mayor of the town, Ulysses Emirys, and Aedan meets the strange old druid, Old Man Greenbeard. Aedan helps the druid in caring for the injured, but they are soon attacked by a drake. Aedan communicates with the drake, which explains that their kind has been forces down from the mountains because of unnaturally cold weather caused by someone known to them as the "Winter Man".
    Meanwhile, Sanderson, Bryce and Lyra meet Sebastien and Ulrich, two other warriors come to help the town. They set up tents and Sanderson assigns first watch to Bryce. After Bryce confronts Sanderson about the strange green potion he had, Sanderson explains it helps him sleep and promptly downs the liquid. In the morning it is revealed that since Sanderson didn't assign any other watches, Bryce was up all night.
    Bryce, Aedan and Sanderson head to the Wizard's District of the town, which is in ruins, and meet Wizard Jayna Iceroth. After heading into her library, she had to abruptly leave to check on something. When she's gone, the drake she was dissecting on a table comes to life and attacks the group, but they defeat it.
    Meanwhile, Ulrich, Lyra and Sebastien meet Chuck, a guard commander, who takes them to the Forge where fire drakes have made their nest.

The Mists of Fogwarden
    Members: Aston, Kellan, Badun, Arthur, Kevin, Anthea, Baldomar, Roric
    Aston is about to begin a mission when suddenly the eccentric spellsword Kellan Sithwyr comes into the Adventurer's Society and requests their help in dealing with a group of mercenaries known as the Brotherhood of the Burning Blade. So the Adventurer's Society head north and arrive at the Hinterlands, where they search for Fogwarden Keep. On their way they encounter a group of wolves surrounding Russel the scout, who turns out to be a member of the Burning Blade. He tells them where the keep is and what the Burning Blade want there.
    Arriving at the keep they find the traveller Roric Ritter being held captive by the Burning Blade. They defeat these thugs and together head into the tomb, where they opt to take the puzzle route. Now they must solve puzzles to get them through the tomb and confront Philius, the leader of the Brotherhood of the Burning Blade.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.