Legends of Tyrrus

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Relatively Sane, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

Baldomar crushed the Thug's skull like one would crush a walnut. The hammer was the craftsmanship of a certain blacksmith he had in this small little village in the middle of nowhere. The other thugs died as they were supposed to and as the crossbowman tried to run from the fight but Russell killed them. The Pyromancer tried to crawl away but Baldomar wasn't having any of that, walking after him, letting the pyromancer slowly crawl away from the victorious group. Not making an aweful lot of speed, not in a haste to kill the Pyromancer. "Go on, you can get away, I'm sure of it." The barbarian said as he kept on walking, after the Pyromancer "Just kidding." He finally said as he turned the Pyromancer on his back, placed his left foot on the chest and then brought down the hammer on the skull of the pyromancer, crushing it. With that out of the way the Barbarian started to pilfer through the pockets of the dead to see if there was anything useful when Aston asked if anyone had any medical skills "I know some medicine. Give me a moment." The Barbarian said as he was trying to go from corpse to corpse as he tried to find anything useful.

2. Elskamo Merlin's Housekeeper

Arthur beamed at Aston, glad he had managed to help his new friend. Looking over at the two wounded he made his way over to them, trying not to glare at Badun as he passed by. "Right you two, lets sit you down somewhere quiet so I can see what we're dealing with. A bit of TLC and you'll be back to your old selves in no time."

3. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Darklight Disturbance
    Arak'Un
    Conrad hefted the totem and Rayyad lead them out of the caves the way back was long but they'd already solved all the puzzles and they were uninterrupted. They eventually reached the light of central Arak'Un, but Rayyad was nervous.
    "So... uh... your friends are around here somewhere right? Heh... do I look okay? I want to leave a good first impression" Rayyad asked them as they approached his house. They suddenly turned a corner and there everyone was "Gah!" Rayyad hid behind the corner, his head peeking out staring at the group with apprehension "Is... is that them?"

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Tessa was musing to herself on the way back when Rayyad began to speak. Just as she opened her mouth to respond to him, he was behind her, hiding around the corner. She turned, smiling gently as she took Rayyad's hand in her own. "Come on. They're nice. We got you." She reassured him, gently tugging on his hand.

[​IMG]
    Kara, bored with waiting, had sprung up from the bench and began to pace, her eyes focused on the ground as she thought about the ten different ways to pick locks that she didn't know. That was when she heard voices, or rather a strange voice. Then a quiet, familiar one. "Tessa!" Kara had never been so relieved to see someone she barely knew as she ran towards the girl, weariness and stress forgotten. "And Conrad. Hey Wolfie." She smiled up at the man, winking at him before turning back to Tessa. "Oh? Who's this?" She bent over, peering at Rayyad with one eye open, then the other. "A new friend?" He seemed shy, his demeanor comparable to that of a child.

"Are you the scary person they're talking about in town? We thought you might have kidnapped our friends." She looked at Tessa, who's cheeks flushed, and grinned. "He's cute." She told the other girl with a conspiratorial wink, then jumped forward and wrapped her arms around Tessa, looping one arm around
    Conrad, ignoring the giant burden he carried. "I'm glad you both are okay." She told him quietly, before letting go only to grab Rayyad and hug him too. "Thank you for not letting them get themselves killed." She said, grinning. "Come on, let's get you introduced to the others."

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Anthea slowly awoke in the care of one of the men who was with them. He had been pretty quiet and out of the way and Anthea didn't know what to think of him, but he was helping her, so that was good. Anthea shifted slightly, she was sore, very sore. Looking away from the man and at the ground. She had let herself pass out during the battle, and the one spell she had gotten off didn't do anything. She was of no help at all there and was now just being a burden to the team. How was she supposed to learn to be more confident when things like that happened to her.

"I-I am sorry I wasn't helpful. I am fine, don't worry about me. Did... is the other guy safe?" She hoped that she was at least enough of a distraction for the man she was trying to help to get away. Moving back slightly Anthea looked up finally to see the group. Roric was there and looked safe enough so she or at least the team helped him. That was good. It also seemed she was not the only one to be injured, as Kevin was sitting near by as well. This however did not help Anthea's confidence any. She gripped her arms tight, crossed in front of her chest as she examined the scene around left from the battle. It disturbed her greatly, but at least they all got out of it alive. Perhaps she was not cut out for this, but it was too late to turn around and go home now. Besides her master wouldn't be happy with her if she did. She just had to learn to handle it better.

Anthea's eyes left the mess of dead bodies on the ground and she stopped listening to the sound of
    Baldomar killing the one man. She focused only on herself, looking down at her hands. Perhaps she should attempt talking to them but was it really worth it? Aston seemed to want her to try more, but was that still the case after she was completely useless in the last battle. She was unsure about any of it so remained silent. If anyone cared they would talk to her, if not she would keep going, unnoticed like she had been for so long.

It was rather silent for a while as the group sat there either waiting for Alice to join them, or for his wound just to heal over on it's own. Neither was happening anytime soon it seemed, so the awkward silence continued for a moment longer. It was only broken by some strange noise followed by voices. Laurentinus looked up to see that Conrad, Tessa, and some other man had arrived. Kara was the first to greet them.

Laurentinus followed but hesitated as he did. He laid eyes on the other man that he had not met. The man matched the description of the so called assassin that was around. As much as Laurentinus would normally feel threatened at first, Conrad and Tessa were both still safe with him, and Tessa seemed to be getting along just fine. On top of that the person who told him that the man was an assassin also believed he was the duke of a place Kara made up. He clearly wasn't that bright so perhaps shouldn't be trusted. That didn't mean Ren wouldn't be cautious around him though.

"Good to see you two are safe. We were worried what happened to you after you up and disappeared on us." Laurentinus stated acting as though it wasn't a big deal. He moved his hand away slightly so the blood oozing from it was not nearly as obvious. He didn't much care to explain his predicament or really have anyone worry too much about him. He was fine, he wasn't dying anymore. The only reason they were still there was because Kara was too stubborn to let him leave with a bleeding hand. "So what have you two been doing all this time?" He asked.

6. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Conrad hauled the totem through the caves all the way back to Rayyad's house, he wanted to ditch the thing outside, when he saw a familiar face get out of the house. Kara seemed rather happy to see them both safe and sound. He caught the wink she gave him and returned the smile. "Good to see you too, Kitty." Conrad said "That's Rayyad, he's an alright bloke." He was blindsided by Kara hugging both him and Tessa and nearly dropped the Totem on someone's feet. Conrad thought for a moment picking his words carefully. "Well, initially it was a kidnapping... however as soon as we were here our bonds were removed and the explanation our friend gave us, was reasonable, we decided to help him out with a little problem of his. We pulled each other through the challenges and he ain't a bad guy honestly. He made a mistake, we all do that." Conrad said answering both Kara and Laurentinus' questions, the latter of which just joined them too. "We have been digging up, this thing right here." Conrad said as he jerked his head, nearly hitting it on the totem that was still on his shoulder, then it hit him, he was still carrying the damn thing. He unceremoniously dropped the thing on the stone floor, of course making sure no one's toes would be underneath it. "Say Laurentinus what have you been up to then?" The ex-soldier asked.

7. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

Alice's pov:

Alice banner.png

She did not know what Kara's issue was but it was clear she had one with her. She been nothing but nice to the girl. Just look at where that got her. She looked over to Laurentinus. She would have to find some water for his arm or they might have to cut it off. Then they could call him ro-bo arm. Nah, that would not do. What was clear was the man was hurting and in pain. Kara asked some question, but really it was time to find some water. She walked of looking for water. This was a cave so it should not be that hard to find some. For the most part caves had water everywhere. She could use her magic to gather water but really she did not want to do that unless she had to. She had left before Conrad, Tessa and Rayyad showed up. First she looked at the rocks near by for water, while wet it was not enough. She soon made her way into the strange house looking for water there. She was unable to wind water in the house. She took a glass fr the hose thinking it might be useful. She left the house not finding any water. She continued to look around dfinding a well dhe filled up her water bottle then got a glass of water for Laurentinus. She turned around from the well only to see Conrad, Tessa and the spider that took them. What was going on? She made her way over to Laurentinus gently putting the water on his arm. She looked at Lumen and said "that is the spider that took Conrad and Tessa." Really she did not know if the healing water would work she was not all that good at this type of thing. part of her wondered if the man was an accident magnet or something.

Kevin's pov:

kevin Stilt banner.png

He sat up as Garrett thought Arthur heal them or something. He looked at the man. "Thanks" He looked over to Baldomar killing a man. He was not sure what the man was doing. A dead man can not talk, he thought. If you are going to kill someone you get the information first then you kill them. Well it now looked like they were not going to get any information. It looked like everyone was ok so that was good. he stood up and looked around.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  8. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

And just as the tides of battle turned, they did so again leaving the group who aided him victorious. "And to think, just moments ago I was a prisoner to these brutes." He slung his bow over his shoulder and looked around at his new-found allies. Well, he was not sure if he could call them allies yet but they did step in to help him out of this mess. What seemed to be the leader of the group spoke to him, asking him to help out with healing the others who had been wounded. Though, aside from minor wounds, the worst of it was not all that bad. The two who had been knocked out were already up and looking to make a quick recovery.

"
    The name's Roric. It looks like I owe you and your people a debt of gratitude." He called out towards Aston. Though he had studied medicine happen to have any curatives on him at that moment. Still, sometimes a friendly word could do just as much good as a bandage...depending on the injury. The girl who had been one of the first to run up into battle would be his first stop. Here these people were going into a fight alongside him and he did not even know any of their names.

He walked over towards the
    mage and extended his hand towards her hoping she would take it to help herself up. She seemed distraught. Unfortunately, he had little in the way of words that would sound comforting other than what would have been expected in the situation. "Glad to see you're still breathing. I don't honestly know if I could escaped on my own if it wasn't for you and your comrades. Thank you. I'm Roric by the way, if you didn't catch what I said to that other man over there." Roric glanced over towards the battlefield. Blood wasn't an uncommon sight for him but it was the first time he had ever participated in such a skirmish. He had no idea whether to call it exhilarating or something much less positive to which he could not find the word. "What's the story behind you guys anyways? Are you all a traveling pack of adventurers roaming about saving people?"

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

Lumen was the next person to hear voice in the distance, so when he saw Kara and Laurentinus get up and walked towards said voices, his gaze followed in the direction they were walking in. Upon seeing that it Conrad and Tessa that had arrived, he got up from where he was sitting and walked over to them. That was when he noticed the spider and the other guy who were there too. He wasn't all to concerned with the guy whoever, for the spider had most of his attention. Given was had recently happened involving spiders, he was a bit cautious to be around this one. Hearing what Alice said to him didn't help with his caution at all, but so far it didn't look as hostile as the other ones did. "So who's that?" Lumen asked, motioning to the guy Kara had gone and hugged.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

Anthea was almost surprised when the man came over to her and offered her a hand up. While most would figure that to be pretty common courtesy when you helped them out of a tight spot, Anthea still wasn't used to anyone paying her much mind most of the time. Still she took the man's hand and got to her feet as he introduced himself.

"Thank you." Anthea responded before introducing herself. "My name is Anthea." She introduced in a shy voice. While Roric looked around at the grounds around them, Anthea refused to. She didn't want to see the death they caused. She didn't want to see all the blood. And most of all she didn't want to get sick on this nice man who stood before her. Instead she chose to focus on whatever he was saying.

When Anthea looked up to face him properly to reply, she realized how small she felt. While she was short and thin, not much to her,
    Roric was tall with broad shoulders. He made her feel so much smaller than she was for a moment, but that didn't stop her from talking. Aston said she had to be more confident, talk more, so she would at least try. "Well we are a group of adventurers but we look to eventually explore the outside world. We are here almost as training to see if we can handle it. We were going to go somewhere else but that guy" Anthea motioned to Kellan "convinced us to come here instead. It turns out he has some bad blood with those thugs and their leader creating more problems then first though. The saving people part is just something I-er- we choose to do when someone is in need." As much as Anthea almost took credit for it, given she was generally the first to run in and help, the others ended up being stronger and more helpful than her making it not fair to take credit to herself. "Perhaps you would like to join us." Anthea offered. It wasn't really her place to offer, but compared to most other people here with her, this man made her feel the most comfortable and she didn't want him to leave her alone with these people again. Last time she had a conversation with someone that was not Aston, it made her want to run and hide. It freaked her out. This person at least seemed somewhat normal.

Laurentinus listened to Conrad explain what had happened with them. As he listened Alice walked up and took his arm. He winced at the pain as she did. Water was soon poured on it however then it started to heal, the pain finally easing. When Alice was done he began to rub his hands together trying to get the blood to come off of them the best he could. "So you guys went on a grand adventure with some guy after being kidnapped and left us out of it? We had to put up with our grumpy leader and an idiot trying to help find you." Laurentinus replied with a bit of a laugh. He wasn't mad how things turned out. He was glad they were safe and it lead to a fun adventure for him as well. "Here I was thinking Kara and I had quite the adventure when we stole a horse and went on a search to find you only to be attacked by two spiders, then later befriend another. Wonder if the poor fella is okay." Laurentinus pondered a moment. "I am just glad you lot are alive, but that does leave me to wonder where Shyra and the man who thinks himself such a good city guard are."

11. Relatively Sane Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    Darklight Disturbance
    Arak'Un:
    Rayyad was overwhelmed, so many people all talking to him and about him. Rayyad followed Tessa without a struggled and just stared dumbfounded for a moment. He blushed as the complete stranger hugged him and mumbled.

"Uh... heh... hi. I'm Rayyad. Rayyad Khayrat. This is kinda my home I guess" he said by way of introduction "Oh! You've been bitten! Did they attack you? Gods I'm sorry I must not have been paying attention, are you very hurt?" Rayyad suddenly blurted to the man who was called "Laurentinus" according to Conrad "Sorry" he mumbled "Uh... where's Shadowweaver?"

[​IMG]
    Big Game Hunting
    Fordington, Wizard's District:
    Jayna listened calmy as the strangers spoke and put down her dissection tools. The man in the armour seemed to be either drunk or stupid but the druid was clearly more intelligent. She nodded as he explained
    "Yes, yes, I've noticed the same things. Though I haven't heard of this "Winter Man" before, he sounds dangerous. Frost magic is clearly at play here" She surmised "Hmm. I think I left some of my trinkets out in the town. They should be gathering information about the resonancies of natural magic in the nearby area. I'll be right back, stay here" the eccentric wizard left the library and headed out into the ruined town.

DM Message
    You three are left in the library, there are bookshelves all around with various books, the table in the middle with the dead drake sprawled across it, and there may be more stuff among the rubble of the ruined library.

12. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Bryce watched as the strange woman left. Ignoring Sanderson's sideburns for now, he crept forward, eyeing the body on the table. Up until now, he hadn't noticed it for some reason, but now he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of it. It wasn't the same fascination he held with fruit; that passion held joy and wonderful taste, and the fulfillment of a life long desire sated every time he tasted the tangy flesh of....he frowned. What had he been searching for all this time?

The smell of death brought him back to what he had been doing. "Are we sure its dead?" He asked, jabbing the body with two fingers, hard enough that it rocked gently on the table. He jumped back with the movement, half expecting the beast to come back to life.

[​IMG]
    Tessa remained near Rayyad, remembering how overwhelming it had been when she had first met all these people. Hopefully he could hold it together, although to his credit the hermit was doing quite well. She frowned at the mention of the spider bite, remembering exactly what her experience had entailed. She would have asked Laurentinus about it, but Rayyad had already burst into questions about his spider.

She was content to remain quiet for now, watchful and waiting, though she did step a little more in front of
    Rayyad at Alice's words, just in case they were indicative of the girl's intention to attack her friend. It hardly mattered to her how they had gotten here, or what Rayyad's intentions had been. He did what he had to, and she would now, in protecting her smallish pack.

[​IMG]
    Kara rubbed the back of her neck, frowning. "Shady started screaming when we went into the house. A voice was echoing around the caverns, talking nonsense, to me anyway. Shady's eyes were...doing something weird. Changing color. Ren tried to touch him, and Shady bit Ren and took off..." she paused, pointing towards the direction the spider had scuttled. "That way. Speaking of taking off...." She looked around, teeth worrying her lower lip.

"Where's that stupid soldier guy and Shyra? Shouldn't they have arrived by now too? Assuming all caves lead to this place, since Lumen and Alice seem to have made it, and we made it, and Tessa and Conrad..." she drifted off, crossing her arms over her chest. "Shit." She said finally. "If we don't have Shyra, how in the hell are we going to get back home? I think she has the only map."

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

So despite being the one who'd kidnapped Conrad and Tessa seemed to be a pretty okay guy and that was just because Conrand had said so. He didn't appear to be a bad person based off the concern he had shown for Laurentinus's injury. "Shadowweaver?" This was something else that someone was going to have to explain to him. Fortunatately Kara did, kinda sorta. Right now as for the time being he just assumed that Shadowweaver was a pet of his and as for Shyra and her compaion, Lumen shrugged before saying. "Maybe she got lost?"

14. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Roric looked at the others in Anthea's party. Sticking around seemed like a better idea than wandering alone and risking being captured a second time. At least with this group, he could continue exploring with the added benefit of saving people. Herowork sounded like a much needed benefit to him. "I suppose I'll join then. It's not as if I'm taking away from my grand adventure of wandering about." He shifted his weight from one foot to the other, hoping that the group did not have some strange and dark initiation ritual. Though judging by the look of Anthea, she did not seem the type to stick around if it had involved some horrific blood rite.

"
    I was never too fond of thugs like that. Too focused on gold and, more often than not, they had little brain to spare for other thoughts." His eyes shifted over towards the corpses of the thugs they had battled. With the knowledge that there was "bad blood" between them and another in the group Roric was sure that this would not be the last he would see of them. At least the next time they encountered the bandits, he would be better prepared to fight. He tugged at the bow slung over his shoulder to keep it from slipping off. With a deep breath he turned his attention back to the mage, Anthea, wondering what could have made her join this group if she was so uncomfortable with the sight of blood. Roric was curious about the others in the group as well but, seeing as how he had already struck up a conversation with this lass, he figured that he might as well press for a bit more information if he was going to be sticking around.

"
    What's your story? I don't mean to judge, but you seem just a little...uh..." He scratched the back of his head, thinking over how to best put it lightly without offending her, "A little queasy. First time away from home?"

15. Aelin Best Waifu

The man said he would join them but to Anthea he didn't seem too convinced about it, perhaps it was because of the fact he didn't really know them and they were all kind of strange. "There are more of us too, we split off into three groups. Don't worry though, the others for the most part seem more... normal then these guys." Anthea explained trying to make this situation sound less weird than it felt.

The topic quickly shifted to the thugs and soon after that. Since there was little to reply on the topic of the thugs, that just left Anthea to talk about herself, something she would have rather avoided. She didn't really want everyone to know that she was a servant sent here by her master. It made her sound weak and beneath them once more. She didn't know if everyone would take it that way, but in her mind it would. That being said it was hard to avoid telling unless she avoided Roric's question all together, which was rude.

"
    I uh... My master trained me in my powers so I could fight if need be, or use them for other things, but I never had to hurt anyone with them before... And well... eh... he is the one that ordered me to be here." Anthea explained, wincing slightly. She didn't know what Roric would think of it or interpret it. She had not exactly explained things in the most clear of ways. Anthea readjusted her grip on the staff she held in front of her as a nervous habit while waiting to hear what Roric thought of what she said.

Laurentinus was glad that Kara explained the situation so he didn't have to. However when she got to the part about the voice, something clicked in Ren's mind. The voice that echoed through the here that sent Shadowweaver into a fit, it was the same voice that this man had. What didn't make sense however was the fact that the voice had referred to Rayyad as a fool. Why would the voice refer to himself? "Who else is in this town Rayyad? Do you have family here, or is it as abandoned as it looks?" Laurentinus questioned, his voice slightly irritated. If perhaps Rayyad had a father in the town then perhaps that could be why the voices sounded similar and the voice referred to someone named Rayyad. However if he claimed no one else was there, then it seemed that this man might be a bad person after all, despite what Tessa and Conrad said.

16. coracle Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]

With the doctor ever so,.. uh, gallantly jumping to protect him, Badun didn't see the point of risking his own health in the fight just passed. He also was beginning to wonder whether he had been wrong about the monetary value in this endeavor, however he was not completely lacking in patience and figured it was merely a matter of time. Badun needed to start making allies, something he currently wasn't doing. He approached the large man, Baldomar, he'd seen him in action and knew he was a ruthless killer, but he seemed manipulable enough. "Good fighting back there my friend, I understand you're familiar with our compatriot, Kellan. What sort of a man is he?"[DOUBLEPOST=1461101436][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]

Lyra had gone with Ulrich and Sebastian, to go and fend off the Drake infestation, that's what she was here for in the first place. They had decided to fend off the fire drakes at the armory, a wise decision as it would allow them to arm further troops. Fire was Lyra's element, she would have no issues dealing with it. She was less confident about Sebastian and Ulrich though, she didn't know them at all and figured it was high time she became acquainted.
    "Ulrich, may I ask how you came to acquire that arm? It's really quite remarkable" She said, knowing that the subject might be a matter of contention she readied herself to respond politely if she had in fact pushed upon an uncomfortable subject.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  17. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Aston placed his hands on his hips and watched as everyone milled about, doing their own thing. Baldomar didn't seem to have a shred of mercy to him, although he wasn't much inclined to spare the man himself. He was sure that the pyromancer was the one who knocked out Anthea, which was hardly pleasant. He saw Anthea talking to Roric and she offered him a place in the Adventurer's Society.
    "We're glad to have you on board Roric. You seem like a man who can handle himself, and I'd wager that Sanderson will be happy to have another face around." He patted the Ranger on the shoulder and walked towards the steps up to Fogwarden Keep itself. "Alright, good work patching everyone up. We'd best get inside after Kellan before the damn fool gets himself killed."

OoC: I don't like the idea of having to rush people but at the moment, I think we're probably a little behind so we need to get a move on XD

[​IMG]

Aedan nodded in agreement with the Wizard Iceroth's conclusion on Frost Magic being involved, but he could have figured that out himself. What did intrigue him was that she mention devices for measuring magical resonances. He wasn't aware that such technology existed, and he struggled to think of what she was going to get out of it. He watched her leave and by the time that she had gone, Bryce was already poking the dead drake and Aedan rolled his eyes and put his hand on Bryce's shoulder.
    "Relax Bryce, it's definitely dead." He said reassuringly. He couldn't feel anything coming from the Drake like he had the last one. If it was alive, then he would be able to talk to it. That, and he could see that it wasn't actually breathing like living things should. "Trust me, I'm a doctor. It's not breathing. Leave it alone now, don't touch it's body." He squeezed his shoulder paternally and walked over to look at the books. Perhaps there would be something interesting here, although he wasn't entirely sure what he was looking for. Just... Something. He wanted to look busy. Maybe then Bryce wouldn't try to touch him weirdly or whatever it was he did.

18. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Bryce felt Aedan's hand on his shoulder, but his focus remained on the drake. He would not let any harm come to the Citrus God, not when they had so much at stake. It wasn't until Aedan spoke that Bryce turned wide eyes to the druid, who had already squeezed his shoulder and turned away. "A.....doctor?" Bryce whispered with awe, his knees shaking. Of course, with the god being in human form he had nearly forgotten that Aedan was in fact, omniscient. He walked towards Aedan, then fell to his knees, pressing his forehead against the floor in supplication.

"Forgive me,
    Citrus God. I have erred in not trusting your holy words. Please forgive me." He muttered against the cold floor, palms flat on eithr side of his face.

[​IMG]
    Tessa sensed the irritation in Laurentinus' voice and turned to face him, struggling to keep an eye on Alice at the same time. "It's been me, Rayyad, and Conrad. No one else." If she would have had hackles, they would have been raised. "Is there a problem?" She asked through gritted teeth, her hand resting on her staff. She wasn't completely sure why, but she felt vastly uneasy about being here with the others. Perhaps it was that there were too many people. Perhaps she was displacing her own unease at first being introduced to the group into this situation.

Nevertheless, she couldn't shake the feeling, and kept herself standing close to
    Rayyad, ready to jump to his defense. Although....what did he need defending from?

[​IMG]
    Kara blinked at Tessa's sudden leap to aggression. "Hey, Doe Eyes, calm down. Ren isn't going to do anything to Spidey, is he?" She turned her gaze to Ren, narrowing her eyes to emphasize her words. "And neither is Alice." She was tempted to flip the girl off, but instead paid her no mind, it was better that way. "We just all need to get along here. So what's with the statue?" She decided a change of subject was in order, though she surreptitiously moved closer to Tessa, just in case interference was necessary.

19. al215 Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]

Aedan turned slowly as he heard footsteps moving towards him. He wanted a little bit of warning before Bryce jumped him. The opposite happened. There was the loud noise of a body collapsing on to the floor and he turned sharply, concerned about what it was. He saw Bryce on the ground, pressing his face intently into the floor and rubbing his face weirdly. What holy words...?
    "Get up Bryce! Goodness, you'll hurt yourself throwing yourself at the floor like that!" He exclaimed worriedly, knowing that the other man's mental health was nowhere near where it should be. He offered him a hand to stand with, although he was getting the impression that part of Bryce's behaviour was triggered by physical contact. He almost took his hand away after that occurred to him, but kept it there just in case he actually needed help. "You need to be careful with yourself. You already got hurt badly by that terrible Night Knight and you didn't get any sleep! You're going to cause yourself some serious harm if you keep this up!" He wasn't shouting, but his voice was loud as he explained his concern for him. Bryce had issues, but he wasn't a bad person and he was quite amiable compared to some of the other characters around (Mostly that Ulrich person).
    "Come help me look at these books. See if there's anything interesting." He returned to the bookshelf, flipping through the assorted tomes. Now, hopefully, Bryce wouldn't be able to find a way to hurt himself. He was only looking at books on a shelf and he doubted that though his sanity was questionable, his ability to not harm anyone while doing a basic task was not.

20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Bryce would have most happily responded to Aedan's words, and even helped him look for...whatever Aedan was looking for. But, as Aedan has previously mentioned, Bryce had gotten no sleep the night before. And now that the soldier found himself off his feet, in a somewhat comfortable position, (or at least more comfortable then standing), he had promptly passed out and was dreaming sweet dreams of sweet rolls and passion fruits and oranges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.