Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

Aux overheard Karina's statement on marriage and scoffed. At this point, he was sitting against a tree with his knees bent and his arms rested against his knees.
    "Well that's dumb..." He looked off into the dimming sky as the stars seemed a little less brighter than when this whole mess started.
    "Marriage is supposed to be an oath. A vow that two people swear to keep in allegiance to each other, and not to their respective houses. What your describing sounds more like an assignment instead of a choice." He turned to Karina and thought about what she said. "Who were you assigned to anyways?"

----------------------------------------------------

Tunnel 1-A

"I'm done here, I've said all I need to for now," Kaizo said, pulling his cloak over his shoulder. Time around them was slowly beginnning to return to normal, but not before he stopped to say one more thing.
    "You know what's the most infurating part of it all?... I'll never know why out of everyone in that world, he chose you..." He turned to exit. "And now I'll never know. So I'll just have to look for my own resolution."
    He walked off, with all his time magic fully fading, and time returning to it's normal pace.

Kaida could move again in time enough for the water drop on the wall to finish pouring down to the ground.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

Kaida shifted slowly as time released her from it's grasp and she fell to the ground as it did so. Her keyblade disappearing as she hit the floor. She stayed down for a moment before slamming her fist angrily into the ground and mumbling, "Man, I hate people like you..." before she started to stand up, looking at all the water dripping from the cave and having to shift her focus to remember the treasure that they were supposed to be going after. She'd likely run into Kaizo again, but she needed more time to get other stuff together before trying to figure out what his whole endgame was going to be and why he was so certain about defeating her.

10/20

3. Light-Rune Maven Seer

"Right..." Steel muttered as he slashed at a few buccaneers that had strayed a bit too close. Seeing he wasn't going to get any sort of response from his apparently busy teammates, Steel summoned a dark purple sphere of energy to crush his opponents. Most of them got away, but the Graviga did manage to subdue two hapless abominations that quickly fell to his keyblade.

5/20

Pirates Defeated: 2
    Pirates Remaining: 16
    EXP: 13
    EXP Total: 50

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Suffice to say that Kel was caught off guard when he was suddenly asked how marriage worked on his home. He couldn't describe it as normal because his normal was still nor at all how things worked on her homeworld and he couldn't go too far in depth with it cause his own knowledge was pretty limited. "Well its, um, kinda what Aux said. After two people have gone through the proper relationship process and if they still have feelings for one another then they can take it another step forward and get married. That's how its always been back home...I think." Other than hoping that his explanation made sense to someone whose marriage had always been decided for them, it was possible things were that could've been different back when they had a monarchy, if so then he probably glanced over that detail when learning about it. He still only had a vague enough understanding of dating to know what it was and going straight to marriage likely would've gone over his head in some aspects. "What brings this up?"

15/20

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Well that is because it is not a choice. People in my world don't get a choice, especially if you are a woman." Karina seemed to be mulling over his words though. She now understood that marriage had something to do with love, but what love really was, she still wasn't too sure about. In a way they made an oath when they married in her world. But the oath was to honour and respect the man, and the man was to care and provide for the woman. That was it. There was no love in the equation, and as Aux adeptly pointed out, the oath was as much to the families, or even more so the military and the government who ran her world.

When Aux asked who she was to assigned, Karina let out a dark laugh.
    "GIven my father was the general of the army, I have a pretty high and mighty bloodline in my veins. I could only be given to the best, as in my fathers right hand man. Don't get me wrong, he was handsome and strong. The best of the best for his generation, every girl would have thought themselves lucky to have him at their side, if it wasn't for the fact that I knew what he really was. I had heard him in war meetings with my father. Seen him in battle, and when my father was preparing to betroth me to him, I saw how he dealt with his servants." Karina seemed to be almost amused by the thought of him now looking back. "He was a sadist. Strongest fighter because he enjoyed it, inflicting pain on others, and it didn't matter who it was. My father thought that marrying me off to him would keep me in line. Too bad he never had the chance." It was only amusing because she had managed to escape.

Kel then pitched in with his own thoughts and Karina was pulled from her state of dark amusement, picturing her father and betrothed face when she rejected him, spitting in his face and threatening to kill herself if she ever had to. They were mortified, and of course it was later she who paid the consequences, not them, but that didn't matter. Karina wanted to desperately ask about the feelings, but she thought better of it.
    "I just wanted to understand the worlds around me better is all." She lied casually to cover up how much she was trying to sort through her own emotions.

17/20

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "It definitely sounds like you dodge a bullet in not marrying that guy." Power and status were one thing, but how you treated others typically was what kept from hating you. It didn't clearly wasn't that easy on Karina's homeworld with how military focused that they were then it would've been on, say, his homeworld. He did remember the time that time when a high ranking guild officer got basically excommunicated once all of their true actions had come to life and the uproar it had been. Kel did briefly consider how it would end if someone like that did try to tame her and taking into account what she'd just done there would probably be some bloodshed from both sides at a bare minimum.

While he found the timing odd as they were currently waiting for either Castur to get back or Leo to show himself, it wasn't the oddest thing that they have done to kill time. At the very least there wasn't a certain witch a few feet away from them still mulling over their conditions for the fight for what felt like a couple of days. Comparatively, this was much better and they still had keyblades, not leaving them to improvise with the nearest sticks they could find. "Alright, then is there anything else you wanna know while we're having this talk?"

16/20

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Dodged the bullet, only to walk into another one it feels like." Karina sighed. "As I said, girls don't have choices on my home world. I was beaten nearly to death and then all rights I had were removed. Instead of being the wife of a sadist, I was to be a slave of my fathers. If my father trusted that as his right hand, you can imagine how much worse he would be." Karina paced before eventually sitting down near Aux to rest for a moment as time passed by. "If it wasn't for this, I would still be there." Karina held up her keyblade. It gave context why she cared about her keychains so much even after she lost her keyblade. "So I am never going back there, so it is best that I learn a bit about what I am walking into. In case... you know. I don't always want to be alone." And she had learned recently that she didn't always want to be alone. She liked the attention that having companions gave her, and the support they offered. It reminded her of Eric, her brother and only friend. She would never have another brother, but perhaps she would find someone special in a different way.

18/20

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Wife of a sadist or slave of a father who from what he could infer from everything he's heard about him was a complete *******. Made him concerned about where her mother stood in all this. Probably didn't have much say as she was still a girl and nothing seemed to have changed regarding her home position. "I certainly remember why I offered my home to you as a place for you to stay now." For starters girls there actually did have a choice and weren't just expected to obey without question. It would be a nice change in pace provided she didn't pick a fight with everyone, well except for the bread dealer. That guy was a prick. "I can understand that." To a lesser degree though as with the exception of like five people, everyone home had a lessen opinion of him. Even if it wasn't just him being disliked, more disdain if anything. Long as that hung over him, he doubted he would make it far in the 'relationship' process as he had chosen to word it.

17/20

9. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    She wasn't looking for pity, and now it felt like she had been and that didn't sit right with Karina. "Nevertheless. Too late to change the past and now I am moving forward... andImightlikeBeucebutIdon'tknowyetandamtryingtofigurethatout." Karina added quickly and quietly at the end of her statement before standing up again pacing once more. "That ******* is taking forever, I hope he hurries up" Whether she was talking about Castur or Leo, she left that up in the air, she just wanted to be doing something. She wouldn't matter fighting, but she wanted to do anything really at this point.

19/20

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "Now should we go looking for him then?" It seemed that Karina had gotten everything out of that talk that she wanted and was back to the Castur and Leo issue. Both of which having their own share of problems, especially if the former had gone off to where Ignis took Farris and Jim. Speaking of those two, he was glad neither of them had woke up yet from what he could tell. It had still been pretty quiet outside of their conversation.

18/20

11. Krowley Moderator

Aux made a quick whistle sound at the end of Karina's whole speech. "That's definately a lot to unpack... I'm sure you have a lot of internal things to figure out."
    There was a long pause of silence before Aux spoke again.
    "So... anyone rode else want to emotionally unpack?" He turned to Kel. "You have anyone special back home?"

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "We could, I don't know." She didn't know which way would be easier, waiting or searching. She looked to Aux for an opinion, but he seemed not to have one to give, instead just commenting on what she told them. It wasn't a helpful comment either. He asked about Kel, but Karina turned it back to Aux. "What about you? What was your home world like? Do you have anyone special? Kaida maybe." She knew that wasn't a thing but she wanted to see how Aux would react to it. It would be the most entertaining thing that she would be able to get for a while it seemed.

20/20 Finally!

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Kel wasn't expecting to have the topic turned onto him, especially not by Aux. "Not really. I'm not really well like at home for something like that." That and he was too focused, if not depressed, by that to actually try and think otherwise. Not much else really to say so he was glad that Karina dropped the same question on Aux and since he just answered, he chimed in on that as well. "It is your turn to share if we're all going around and doing this."

19/20

14. Krowley Moderator

Aux signed. "Never really thought about romance and the like. I have people I care for sure, but my teen years were just spent under the tutalage of my horrible grandfather." He stood up and looked around to see any sign of Castur, or pirates. "Truth be told I've never even kissed anyone, so I dont see how-" he stopped mid-sentence, realizing he was sharing too much. "That doesnt leave this world..."

He stretched his arms looking to change the subject. "Should probably go find Ignis and the others..."

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Well Kel definitely learned something new about Aux today, even if it wasn't something that he had any real curiosity towards learning about. "Good luck explaining to Jim that you knocked him out just to get him here." It was hard to imagine that anyone would be happy about learning about that from anyone. Still, he got back up on his feet as the decision was leaning towards them moving out to find the others. "Hopefully we'll find Castur along the way."

20/20 \o/

16. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna continued to try and free herself from her small prison. She couldn't really hear what was being said outside but the minute she attempt to escape, the top went flying off. "Finally!!!!" She squinted her eyes a bit as she was trying to adjust her eyes to the brightness of outside. Once her eyes readjusted, she saw her comrades just a few feet away from her as well as some interesting characters. "Anyone want to explain where we are?" She sighed in annoyance before screaming. "This is exactly why I hate pirates!!!!!!!!!" Luna took a deep breath before summoning her keyblade. She looked at the undead crew as she walked toward them. "I've been dressed as a pirate, followed a pirate only to get myself captured by a random stranger, and now I'm on a pirate ship. I'm in an extremely foul mood right now!!!" With that, Luna went in for an attack.

She kicked one of the crew members into another before freezing them. With one slash from her blade, she sent two of the crew members overboard. She then jumped towards the ship's wheel where another two were waiting to be attacked. She immediately ran her blade through one of them before kicking the other. Luna threw both of them overboard before moving her right shoulder in a circle. "The minute we get onto land I'm looking for that Gilgamesh and I'm giving him a peace of my mind." Luna sighed once before looking over to where more crew members awaited her.

Undead defeated: 4
    Remaining: 14/20
    Undead Pirate: 50 BP

17. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

“Great… I forget pirates can be annoying when it comes to diplomacy..” Marx groaned as he summoned his Keyblade and dashed to attack the pirates. One by one he knocked them out or cut them down to size. Then came the cynical quote from Steel and responded while fighting, “It’s a pirate nature. And he would be right to turn away from the sea devil’s ship. With its beast and all, Davy Jones is a grand threat to all pirates, sailors, and just people out on the sea in general. Never underestimate people.” Finishing up with a quick duel with one of the members as he turned and stabbed from behind. Until noticing Luna, who had just appeared from the chest she was kept in to join the battle Marx backed up to her while the group dueled the pirates. “Glad to have you back, we can now get to our appointed business underway with Captain Sparrow and this chest. Once we finish these fiends and find them of course.” He explained a little once he pushed back the pirates away.

Pirates Defeated: 5
    Pirates Remaining: 9/20
    EXP Total: 181

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Luna kept her eyes on the remaining crew members as someone welcomed her back. "Appointed business? With that pirate?? The only business we're taking care of is finding our way out of here. Whatever he did, he can pay for it. I don't care about whatever this 'chest' he's looking for. Understand??" Luna was definitely not in the best of moods, considering what has happened since she had arrived. She ran away from the boy. Luna grabbed a rope that was near by and wrangled up one of the undead pirates. She wrapped the other end of the rope on her keyblade and immediately pulled. She swung the pirate around in a circle, picking up one pirate while knocking another one overboard. She then ignited the rope and dropped it before running over to strike at both pirates. "This is why I never associate with pirates. They're nothing but a world of trouble." She sighed before turning back to see another pirate charge at her. "And they never learn." Luna easily dodged the pirate and went in for a kick before following up with a slash from her blade.

Pirates defeated: 4
    Pirates remaining: 5/20

Undead Pirate: 50 bp each

19. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Castur flinched upon feeling what felt like pebbles strike the back of his head before harmlessly falling to the ground. Without turning to face his assailant he looked down to see the food that had landed on the earth beneath him and chuckled when he heard the crab-alien's threat. "Thanks for the snacks, Scroopy. But I'm not in the mood for garbage pirate food. Especially not since you touched it with your big. Meaty. Claws." Without skipping a beat Castur immediately ducked low and called his keyblade to his hand. It's go time, ugly. A blackish purple orb of gravity magic erupted from Castur as he attempted to force Scroop prone with the force of his own weight.

20. Krowley Moderator

"Not gonna apologize for getting him outta there," Aux shrugged. "Besides, further we are away from that crazy hooded guy, the better.."
    "WELL THAT'S NOT VERY NICE!" Zulu blurted, as he hung upside down from a nearby tree. He quickly hopped to his feet as he unfurled his keyblade. "After all this time, I thought I would've meant more to you than that!"
    Aux shrugged from lack of interest.

"How could any of you forget the legacy of Doctor L! I guarantee you haven't even notice my new keyblade!" He showcased his crimson red key in the air as if gloating over it. "I call it... BLOOD RAYNE!"
    Aux winced at the sound of the cringing name.
    "It has a powerful affinity with strength and darkness, purging the hearts of my enemies and making it stronger!"
    Of course it does.
    "As an orphan child, I was always left to my own ways. But I was meant for greatness! I was the chosen one who who would open the door! Even with my own crippling emotional turmoils, I endured!"
    Aux continued to show his discomfort each time he opened his mouth.
    "And I could've been saved. If not for my darling love Anora!"
    There was a brief silence as he tried to recall who that was.
    "But of course there was the cursed love affiliation with Noroz and Kross. I'm sure they're laughing at me as we speak! Aden, Lars, and Eon must be laughing it up as well!"
    Aux was struggling to try and remember who these people were.
    "But I will be the one laughing last! For once I destroy all of you, I will reclaim my lady love and show you that DARKNESS is the heart's true-"

"Can I hit him?!" Aux interrupted as he asked Kel and Karina. "I'm asking to make sure he's not still your friend, but seriously- CAN I HIT HIM?"
    "You're welcome to try!" Zulu cackled, summoning another keyblade as he put a third one in his mouth.

Elsewhere...

CASTUR ACTIVATED ZERO POINT!