Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Clenching his fist, Aux caught the hat that slowly floated towards him. There was a lot he could say to Karina right now. A lot he wanted to say to reply to her harsh words towards his actions and so called inadequacies. Looking down at the hat in his hand, a quick flash of a memory popped into his head. A friend with blue hair was looking at a store window with him, excited about something. He could remember much about the boy. His hair covered his eyes in his memory, as if he was unrecognizable. Not owning the hat at the time, the hat he would eventually own was sitting in the window.

Coming back to present day, Aux took a deep breath. He wanted to be better, but he always felt as if something was keeping him on edge.
    Looking back up to the girl that threw the hat at him, another quick flash showed her getting her keyblade back, being teary eyed and vulnerable.
    Karina was still dealing with things as well. He didn't need to bring up things that could better be left unsaid.
    When she asked if he was happy now that he got his hat back, Aux simply chose to ignore her for now and turn his head to the yellow fish. He looked over to Flounder, who had hid behind Ariel. "Sorry. This just means a lot." He put the hat over his head again as he swam back a bit.

"Uhh... it's okay I guess," Flounder said, still unsure of what to make of the newcomers.
    "Not the best way of going about it. But I cherish my treasures from the land as well," Ariel smiled. "I think we started off on the wrong fin. I'm Ariel, and this is Flounder. Where are you all from?"

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Kel had immediately looked to the strange wolf who had just appeared between the two of them. It didn't look native to the island at all, not that a wolf being on an island like this was something he'd thought he'd see anyway. Not mention it had shaken its head to Moana's question, meaning that it could understand them. "Okay? What's on your mind?" A valid question seeing as it had made an effort in showing them something by biting into his clothing. Maybe it was about the rock it was currently sitting on and the oddly shaped tally marks. "You think that this 'Maui' person left those?"

3. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce was admittedly a little surprised to see Karina, but just let out a small relieved sigh and smiled at her. "What took you so long? I was expecting you back by the time we hit the last world." He joked. He was a little worried about the others that had been on the boat with him, but he was still glad to see that at least some of them were alright, and that Karina was back with them. He didn't say much on the Aux matter, as he wasn't sure he entirely trusted him. Yet, he also hadn't interacted with him much since he lost his remnant and wasn't under No Heart's control. He clumsily swam over to where Aux and the natives to the world were. "We're uh, from across the tide. We got swept away by a storm and ended up here." He said to the young mermaid. It wasn't even entirely a lie either. "If you could help us find our way around here, or even tell us where we are, It'd really help us out."

4. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"I'm surprised you don't know if you made it this far. We're explorers. What? Did you expect a different answer cuz I ain't got none." He casually spoke with a gruff inflection in his tone, knowing that a real soldier in this group would be unlikely to give the entire truth. It worked out for him anyway since he was not entirely certain just what exactly was the purpose of Rourke's mission. Though he already had a few ideas in mind as to what it could be given how predictable the cause of military actions often were. He hoped he would not have to play this part for too long as he already felt that making himself talk that way would get tiring.

Castur was certain he would be able to let the other keyblade wielders free soon enough once there was not so much attention on them. All he had to do was wait for the right moment so a fight would not immediately start. The soldier beside Castur motioned towards a truck halfway filled with other soldiers sitting in the back. "Come on. Git. We're not walking the whole way." He motioned with his hand for Ignis while the soldiers who apprehended Faust were a little less than friendly and waved their guns at him to do the same.

"Loire stop getting friendly with our guests and get the girl in the truck already!" Castur called out though he did not actually care whether or not Ananta and Laguna got along, only that they did not do anything to cause any fighting this early on. How long had it been since he had given orders to anyone? A year? Two? He almost missed it. "All of you take your seats."

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Aux ignored her after that, but Karina decided that it was likely for the best, of they didn't talk to each other, they couldn't yell at each other after all. Meanwhile Beuce had looked over to her, chastising her for being late. "Well you know I still had a few things to take care of. Mark of Mastery for one. No more holding that title over me now." Karina smiled a bit and nudged Beuce jokingly. "Then there was the matter of not leaving the team high and dry. I called in an old favour, so waited around for her before my left. And I couldn't leave them without a leader since Lea had to go and disappear, so.... I think Luna picked a good one. Koa will be a fine leader, and he has someone to stay alive for, so I don't have to worry about him going off and dying on me." Karina glanced over at Luna as she spoke of Koa, wondering what she would think of her fiance now leading the black coats. "And then, before I hopped onto that raft, I had to get something, a thanks..." She explained. "Buuuut I will tell you about that when we have a little more privacy." She didn't feel like having an audience when she tried to figure out how to Thank Beuce for everything that he did for her.

"It was amazing that we all found each other again, but now we need to figure out where to go from here." Karina added to Beuce's statement to Ariel. She figured she shouldn't completely ignore the new person, but she still wasn't all that good with dealing with new people. She did her best though as she tried to readjust to how things were done here, usually a little less upfront than with the Black Coats. She had to watch her mouth a bit more, and that would be the hard part.

6. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

As the animal nodded, it jumped down from the rock and sat next to Kel. This Wolf was indeed intelligent, perhaps unlike any that had ever been seen. He nugged his fluffy head against the boys leg, the beast seemed to have a unknown, strange connection to him and the others that arrived.

7. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Luna listened to Karina as she expressed her concern. "Luna do you remember who threw us into the Realm of Darkness in the first place, and why? I wouldn't go trusting him so easily. But if that is what you guys decided after the battle, I suppose I can attempt to be civilized." Luna nodded her head before responding. "I remember but when I think about that, I immediately remember something my father would tell me and my brother....." She paused before continuing. "'No matter what walk of life they journeyed across.....Every living being deserves a second chance. No matter what their past holds.' I'm going to honor my father's words and reserve my judgement until that moment arrives." Luna placed a hand to her heart before looking back up. Karina had retrieved Aux's hat. Aux kept quiet as Ariel spoke. "Not the best way of going about it. But I cherish my treasures from the land as well. I think we started off on the wrong fin. I'm Ariel, and this is Flounder. Where are you all from?" Beuce then proceeded to answer the young mermaid. Luna immediately nodded her head in response to it. Karina then spoke to Beuce in response to his earlier statement to her. "Then there was the matter of not leaving the team high and dry. I called in an old favour, so waited around for her before my left. And I couldn't leave them without a leader since Lea had to go and disappear, so.... I think Luna picked a good one. Koa will be a fine leader, and he has someone to stay alive for, so I don't have to worry about him going off and dying on me." Luna's eyes widened as Karina caught them up to speed. She smiled, pink slightly tinting her cheeks, as she held up her left hand to her chest, her right hand holding it gently. "That makes me happy. Though I think he chose me more than I chose him but that's another story for a later time. Anyway, I have full faith and trust that he'll be fine. You won't regret your choice, Karina. He's more than qualified to lead that group."

Luna then turned back to Ariel before introducing herself. "My name is Lunala but my friends call me Luna. I don't believe we introduced ourselves. Sorry about that." She bowed her head politely with a warm smile on her face as she introduced herself to Ariel and Flounder.

8. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"It's wonderful to meet you Luna," Ariel smiled. "And all of you..." she said to the rest of them. "Even if you are from another ocean. And if that's the case, you're gonna have to learn some tricks to help keep you up to pace in these waters... It'll really help in the long run for those who need some... extra practice," She said looking as Aux struggled a bit.
    Aux glared as he grunted quietly under his breath.

PARTY LEARNED "DOLPHIN KICK"

"That should help you guys out alot! You look like you're getting better already!" Flounder cheered.
    "Ariel! Where in Neptune's name have you been!" A small crab with a thick Jamaican accent came swimming up to the girl.
    "You're father has been looking for you high and low! It's one thing to miss my musical show, but to disappear without his approval! What were you thinking?! Probably off looking at the Surface world, weren't you missy!" The crab swam with his tiny legs with his claws on his hips.
    "Aww, lay off Sebastian. We were just showing these new merfolk how to adjust to our waters," Flounder replied.
    "And you brought in outsiders?! King Triton will not like this one bit..." Sebastian sighed.
    "Oh come on Sebastian, they aren't that bad," Ariel said reassuringly. "And I still don't know why he's so apposed to humans they aren't that bad! Why... I saved one the other day and he-"
    Sebastian covered his ears with his claws. "La la la, I'm not listening! So long as I have plausible deniability with your teenage escapades, you're father won't roast me with that trident of his!"
    Ariel turned to the party. "Why don't you come meet my father? I'm sure he can help you adjust to this place better than I ever could."
    "King Triton is the ruler of the seas! He has no time for your petty tours!" Sebastian replied. "But should they wish to let the king know they are here, than I will oblige it! But no funny business! And no more human talk!"
    "Great! Follow me, everyone!" she smiled, leading the way.

Aux groaned as he looked to the others. "If this Ariel is the one from the list of princesses, we have to keep an eye on her don't we?" He sighed. "Well this should be fun."

MISSION START!

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel nodded in agreement with Aux's assessment. So far, he had kept up with his usual facade of silence, having mostly not spoken since Aux questioned his Identity. Even throughout the helpful instruction that Ariel had provided. He thought at least providing his name would be polite, but the opportunity seemed to pass before it even came. On top of that, he wasn't even sure who all had recognized him. Aux clearly hadn't, Luna seemed to recognize his voice, and Beuce and Karina hadn't said anything. Though on the other hand, Karina had referred to everyone other than Aux as her "Friends" and hadn't questioned who he was at all. Not to mention that even if he kept himself awful covered up under that cloak, one probably tended to get at least a passing glance at the face one was punching to dust.

Yes, the bond he and Karina shared was truly something.

"Well, we'll hardly make our jobs any easier just floating here." He spoke up. "Come on guys, let's go find some more trouble." He muttered the phrase in sarcastic sort of supporting tone.

10. Krowley Moderator

Maybe the wolf... is Maui?" she asked curiously. "He is a shapeshifter after all. Maybe we should see what he wants," Moana suggested.
    She followed the wolf pulling Kel along, hoping they would see what the wolf wanted.
    It wasn't that far of a walk along the sand covered island that they ran into Kaida, Stratos, AJ and a large hulking shirtless man in a grass skirt.
    Maui turned as he heard the footprints, sighing at the sight of more arrivals. "Great... more teenagers! Lotta use you turned out to be," Maui grunted, before tossing his uneaten fruit scrap at the wolf. "This is just perfect! First contact with humans in a millennium, and you mortals act like you don't even know who Maui is. And after everything, I've done for you mortals?!" he yelled, before sitting on one of his tally covered rocks.
    Moana took this all in before stepping forward. "Wait a minute... YOU'RE Maui?"
    Maui nodded. Clearing her throat she began to speak in acommanding tone. "Maui, shapeshifter... demigod of the wind and sea. I am Moana of-"
    "Finally, somebody gets it!" Maui cheered. "But it's actually 'Maui, shapeshifter, demigod of the wind and sea, hero to all.' I interrupted, from the top, hero to all. Go.
    A little agitated, Moana tried to continue. "I am Moana of-"
    "And don't sweat the small stuff. Ca you believe these guys didn't even know who I am?! I know, not every day you get a chance to meet your hero, but-"

Before he could continue, Moana pulled down on his ear so he would finally listen to her.
    "You are not my hero.!And I'm not here so you can receive praise. I'm here because you stole the heart of Te Fiti and you will board my boat, sail across the sea, and put it back!
    Maui lifted his head up, dragging Moana's toes along the sand as she barely hung on before letting go. "Yeah... It almost sounds like you don't like me, which is impossible because I got stuck here for a thousand years, trying to get the heart as a gift for you mortals so you could have the power to create life itself. Yeah. So what I believe you were trying to say is thank you.
    Moana: Thank you?
    Maui: You're welcome," Maui smiled. "Wait... you said you had a boat?..."
    "Yeah, how do you think I-"
    Before she could even finish, Maui raced off "Enjoy the island guys! Maui OUT!" Maui said racing passed them to get to the boat.
    Moana immediately took chase after him. "Hey wait! You have to restore the heart!" she yelled chasing after him.
    For his large size he was surprisingly fast and had already gotten on the raft, sailing away from the group. "Enjoy the overgrown pile of pebbles!" he yelled back.
    Moana quickly turned to the keybladers. "Quick! Where's your boat? We have to catch him!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

Catching the fruit in his mouth, he gnawed on it and eventually ate the fruit. All he’s had were fruit and even some fish, which he scavenges himself from time to time. Maui and the wolf had a... interesting relationship with each other, they didn’t really hate one another but had arguments no doubt, even though the wolf couldn’t speak. The beast was paying attention to the group 50% of the time during Maui’s and Moana’s rant.

Until, Maui got his attention, his ears perked up.

The large man ran off across the island at an incredible speed, the wolf followed close behind Moana to catch up. It barked, howled and whimpered until Maui was out of listening range. Laying on the white sand of the island, the animal whimpered to himself. He heard Moana speaking to the other keybladers about how to follow Maui, an idea stuck the wolf’s mind, it stood up and started to bark to the ocean, appearing it lost its mind but the wolf knew what he was doing.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    If Kaida heard the words "where's your boat?" one more time she was going to skin someone alive and turn them into a meat canoe. Except no, she wouldn't, because she didn't want to go anywhere near another boat if she could help it. Granted, obviously an abandoned island scenario seemed like an emergency scenario... and if the girl brought a boat and it was the only boat for a while, well then that was a problem. She cupped her hands and yelled, "So much for being a hero to all!" she looked over at Kel and said, "Please tell me you happen to have a boat...?" she knew the answer was probably going to be no and Kaida cringed and admitted as she looked out at the ocean, "I can't swim so... I'm not gonna be the one going swimming after him..." Kaida plopped herself down on the sand and sighed saying, "Well what are we gonna do now it's not like we can just... wait Kaida you're an idiot." Kaida stood up and summoned out her keyblade to make her glider before she looked at the others and said, "I'll take... Manana and one of you guys take the wolf maybe unless it doesn't let you whatever I don't know." and Kaida grabbed Moana quickly to get her on the glider and hovered across the water as fast as she could, trying to catch up to Maui. Moana seemed to be confused and possibly freaking out.

13. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Maui seemed like all he had on his mind was getting a boat at this point and he was getting tired of it. At some point a woman showed up with dark hair. She tried to say who she was to Maui saying that her name was Manana. Maui then seemed like no one know who he was but that was not completely true. Maui seemed to talk like he crated the world. This was interesting. Soon it was reviled that Maui stole the heart of Te Fiti and she wanted Maui to return it. Then Maui took off taking there only sea transportation off the island. Kaida then said, 'So much for being a hero to all!' He had to agree with Kaida. Then Kaida said, 'I can't swim so... I'm not gonna be the one going swimming after him...' At some point he was going to have to try and teach Kaida how to swim if she was up to it. There was not much on the island to make a boat so making a boat was out of the question. Soon he watched Kaida summon her keyblade take Manana and go after Maui. Kaida said something about taking Manana with her and someone taking the wolf. This was turning out to be one interesting trip. He stood at the beach looking out to the ocean, summoned his keyblade and quickly turned it to a glider. He let the glider hover on the beach before turning to the wolf. "Ready to go?" he asked as he offered the wolf a ride.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  14. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

It wasn’t long until the Wolf stopped barking, turning to AJ, he looks at him and then sees the glider. The wolf made a look that said, “Why didn’t you do this before?” Nonetheless, the beast jumped onto the gliding vessel then made himself accounted for and comfortable. He issued a bark saying that he’s ready to go.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Karina nodded at Luna, she didn't need the girl backing up her choice, she felt pretty confident that Koa would be able to get the job done, and with the help of Dawn she could feel secure in leaving them behind. But knowing who Arctus was now, she did wish he had stayed to help protect them too. He was more qualified than anyone else after all. Karina couldn't focus too much on that however as the girl was going to bring them somewhere. She supposed that they could follow, but then Aux brought something up that made Karina look a little bit confused. "List of princesses? What Princesses?" Karina whispered just to Beuce. After all she didn't feel like having Aux making snide remarks on the fact that she so clearly missed something. The worst part of it was that she wasn't certain it was something she missed while she was gone. She was so broken and miserable before that there was a lot of things that Karina had not paid attention to when she was first with everyone. She still remembered her first time meeting Lea, she actively avoided listening to anything that he spoke about, and now, she found herself missing him and his guidance. It was funny how things had a habit of coming back to bite her in the butt.

"Knowing us, trouble will find us before we find it." Karina then replied to Steel, in an attempt at being a bit nicer person. She was not in the mood for one of those brawls like they had in the realm of darkness. She just hoped that he had some sense of humour and wouldn't chew her out for such a comment. If he did, she knew it might be difficult to behave herself, even though she knew more than ever she needed to right now. With her keyblade so freshly returned she couldn't help but feel one wrong move, and her heart might shatter again and she wouldn't be able to put it back together again.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Following the strange wolf had led them to find Stratos, Kaida, and AJ there talking to someone who was apparently the 'Maui' that Moana had been looking for. First however Kel greeted the ones that he actually did know with a quick wave. He then went ahead and shook his head 'no' to Kaida's question, during said time Maui had heard of the boat Moana had and promptly ditched them to sailed off in the distance. "He actually ditched us." There was slight disbelief that hung in Kel's voice. He may not have had any idea on who this Maui guy was or what he did besides stealing the heart of Te Fiti, whatever that was, so this wasn't helping his case. He followed the lead of his comrades and called out his own glider and wasted no time boarding it and chasing after Maui.

17. Feliex Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    As Faust was cuffed by the masked members of the armed 'exploration' group that he found himself appearing among he gave no real resistance. Even with the rough way his captors handled him as they restrained him was not to bad in his opinion. sure there was a shoved here or there as they manhandled him but at least he wasn't going to be too harmed currently. He was particularity glad that they were ushered into the back of one of the trucks in the convoy instead of having to keep pace on foot while they were restrained. As he sat there in the back of the truck he could only really sit there with a smile on his face as he waited. wherever this Rourke character and his men where going was holding something interesting to see and given that he cut off that scholar they had with them only made Faust want to find out more about this mysterious thing. Turning to one of armed men siting next to him Faust asked " So, what are you going to do with your cuts, my well armed friends?" Guessing that with how many men and equipment there was that the 'Atla' thing they were after was something very valuable.

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Luna swam around once Flounder had helped them. "I think I'm getting the hang of this now! Thanks!" She then looked over to see a crab swimming over to Ariel and scolding her. He had mentioned her father. "King Triton?" Luna was a bit lost but put two and two together while listening to her and Sebastian's conversation. Ariel had then invited her to follow her to the castle. As her, Flounder , and Sebastian leave, Aux had then made a comment. "If this Ariel is the one from the list of princesses, we have to keep an eye on her don't we?" Luna was definitely surprised to say the least. "Hold on a moment, please. What list are you referring to? The list myself and Beuce know are different than what you're talking about." Karina had then asked about the list. Luna decided to fill Karina in on this. "Well to keep it short, during our Mark of Mastery exam, we came across a list of what was the 7 princess of heart. Though I thought we all saw the same list. That list made no mention of Ariel." She looked to Aux once more with concern. "Perhaps now would be a good time to compare notes....But maybe we should press forward so Ariel and the others aren't concerned." Luna looked to the others before looking over to Ariel, Flounder, and Sebastian.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  19. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel couldn't help but chuckle at Karina's response. "Yeah, probably. Seems that trouble has nothing better to do than hunt us down no matter where we go." Luna seemed to momentarily bring up a comment along the lines of who all was on the lists, but Steel swam ahead of them a bit if only to keep Ariel and her friends within view. The red-headed mermaid had really helped them out by teaching them how to swim all the way down here. If she hadn't, he probably wouldn't have had enough supplemental memories to learn on his own like he had when he had first woken up. The others probably would've taken a bit of time too, though he's sure between all of them they could have come up with... something.

"We should probably get moving." He shouted to the others. "Don't want them to get concerned and come back. No point in giving them a reason to ask us questions. One's we really can't answer I might add."

20. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Well, after Steel and I finished Sugar Rush, we got the list with the princesses Snow White, Cinderella, Alice, Aurora, Jasmine, Belle, and Kairi..." He thought to himself for a moment as to how he recalled another list. "But there's the other list from Space Paranoids that had Anna, Ariel, Moana, Mulan, Rapunzel, Tiana and Vanille. I think I must've had the memories of that list when..." He paused for a moment not wanting to continue reminiscing about his friend's sacrifice. "Let's just keep moving," he stalled, swimming forward.

As the group swam through the city of Atlantica, they made their way into King Triton's throne room.
    Sebastian the crab cleered his throat as he bowed in his King's honor. "Behold. You swim before the ruler of the seas: His Majesty, King Triton."
    "Daddy!" Ariel cheered as she swam up to him, smiling.
    "Oh, Ariel! When will you listen? It’s dangerous out there! Strange creatures have been lurking outside!" Triton scolded. King Triton was an old, but muscular merman, with a white beard extending down to his stomach, and a tail fin matching his daughter's. As he scolded his daughter, Ariel couldn't help but look guilty.
    "And who are they? They don't look familiar..." he asked looking at the other five.
    "Foreign swimmers from a far off ocean, my liege," Sebastian filled in. "Apparently your daughter ran into them as she was prepared to show up LATE!" he said aggressively at her.
    " I just don't know what we're going to do with you, young lady," Triton sighed.
    "Daddy, I'm sorry. I just forgot-"
    "Don't give me that look Ariel.. You went up to the surface again, didn't you? Didn't you! Oh, Ariel, how many times must we go through this? You could have been seen by one ofthose barbarians, by-by one of those humans!"
    "Daddy, they're not barbarians!"
    "They are dangerous. Do you think I want to see my youngest daughter... snared by some fish-eater's hook?"
    "'m 16 years old. I'm not a child anymore."
    "Don't you take that tone of voice with me, young lady' As long as you live under my ocean, you'll obey my rules-"
    "But if you would just listen--"
    "Not another word' And I am never, never to hear of you going to the surface again' Is that clear?"
    The rest of the group floated awkwardly as the King was yelling at his daughter. She and flounder swam away leavin the rest of the group behind.
    "Hmph' Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you," Sebastian snidely commented.

"And now that my daughter isn't here any more, I can deal with the lot of you," Triton sneered, pointing his golden trident at them. "You may fool Ariel, but you can’t fool me. You don’t know your dorsal fin from your tail! You're part of the SOS, aren't you?!" He interrogated.
    "The what, you're majesty?" Sebastian asked, backing away behind the king.
    "Seekers Of the Storm... Wielders of keyblades who bring chaos wherever they go. As key bearers, you must already know... One must not meddle in the affairs of other worlds. Just by BEING here, you have violated this principle. The key bearer shatters peace and brings ruin... Every time. So what are you after?! My daughter... or the keyhole?...." he asked, his trident glowing.

----------------------------------------------------------

"It's Moana!" she corrected, getting on Kaida's vehicle. "What kind of boat IS this?" she asked confused, as they raced off.
    As the keyblade wielders came up on their gliders, Moana got co jump for it, but immediately missed, falling in the water. She came up for air as she looked at the ocean around her. Uhh, ocean, I could use some help!" she asked loudly. And as if by magic, the ocean, picked her up in a tiny wave and rushed her onto the boat that Maui stole.
    Surprised, Maui blinked a few times. "Did not see that coming."
    Turning to face him, Moana stepped up to him angrily. "I am Moana of Motunui.This is my canoe. And you will journey to-" Before she could finish, Maui threw her off the boat. The ocean responded to Moana again, by putting her back onto the boat.
    "And she's back," Maui sighted. :It was Moana, right?"
    "Yes. And you will restore the heart!" She unlocked the pendant in her shell necklace and revealed a small green gem to the demigod. Maui took one look at it and immediately threw it far away. The ocean, not taking any of his flack, carried the small green gem back and spat it back out at him.
    "Alright, I'm out," Maui said, jumping overboard. The ocean wouldn't let him off that easily, throwing him back onto the boat. "Ahh, come on!"
    "What is your problem? Are you afraid of it?" Moana asked.
    "No! No! Ha..ha..ha. I'm not afraid, okay? That is not a heart. It is a curse. the second I took it, I got blasted out of the sky. And I lost my hook. Get it away from me.
    "Get this away?" she asked, holding it closer to his face.
    Backing away slowly, Maui tried to brush off his reaction. "Hey... I'm Demigod, okay? Stop that, I will smite you. You wanna get smote? Listen, that thing doesn't give you power to create life. It's a homing beacon of death. If you don't put it away bad things will come for it. You wanna get to Te Fiti, you have to go through a whole ocean of bad. Not to mention Te Ka. Lava monster? Ever defeat a lava monster?"
    "No...." Moana replied. "Have you?"
    Maui scoffed. "I'm not going on a suicide mission with some mortals and a wolf! You can't restore the heart without me. And me says ... No. I'm getting my hook. End of discussion."
    Moana examined the tattoos on Maui, which showed crowds cheering for him. She felt she could use this to her advantage. "You'll to be a hero... That's what you are about, right?"
    "Little girl, I am a hero!" Maui laughed.
    "Maybe you were but now... Now you're just the guy who stole the heart of Te Fiti. The guy who cursed the world. You're nobody's hero," Maona declared.
    "No one?" Maui adked, unconvinced. Moana folded her arms, shaking her head. Looking to the rest of the characters, he saw that no one even knew who he really was, aside from the wolf by association.
    "But, put this back. Save the world. You'd be everyone's hero," Moana bargained.
    "We'd never make it, without my hook. Not passed Te Ka..."
    "Then we get your hook! We get your hook, take out Te Ka. Restore the heart. Deal?"
    Maui thought hard about it, before reluctantly agreeing. "Deal... Okay, we go east. To the Lair of Tamatoa. If anyone has my hook, it's that bee-eyed bottomfeeder."

MISSION START!"