Kingdom Hearts: Recollect

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by cstar, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

Alder's grip on his keyblade tightened when the ...woman(?)...man(?) called him by name. As far as he knew he had never met anyone strange like this. Aside from the Prince...but that was a different kind of strange that he had grown accustomed to. But the man, or whatever this person was, did speak the truth. Though his memories were fragmented he did remember the name of the device and what it did. Despite being glad that it had been destroyed Alder had no idea if he had always felt this way about this machine or if he was the one to destroy it. For all he knew Ria could have been lying and Alder was responsible for its existence...but he had never been much of a scientist so that was too unlikely to be the truth. Being called a dog, however, gave him no reason to place any faith in this "Ria" person. In fact, the anger was quickly beginning to rise and his blood was beginning to boil.

He growled when Cerdic had the nerve to believe he would betray them when he had been the one to run like a coward and shove Alder out of his path just to ensure he was the first to escape the cave.
    "If you've got a problem with me then why don't I take your keyblade and shove it up your-" Chloe, had charged at the stranger and was immediately knocked back by darkness just before he could finish his threat.

"You know what?" Alder raised his voice over the sound of the swirling vortex that trapped them and faced the one who was trying to pry information from him. "I do know what it did. It was a glorified juice extractor." He aimed his keyblade at Ria. Alder stepped closer towards the edge of the darkness waiting to see if an opening would appear in the darkness. There didn't.

He knew better than to just run into something like this without thinking but that was the problem. The insults thrown his way by Cerdic followed by Relli's defense of him just bounced off as Alder's hand shook with rage while he focused on the object of his ire. Who was this stranger to trap them like animals and demand answers? Ria did not even seem to be open to an honorable duel. Fine. If that was how it was going to be done...
    "This dog is gonna bite!" Alder leapt back suddenly the tip of his keyblade aimed at Ria and unleashed a searing blast of fire the stranger's way.

2. cstar stay away from my waifu

When the fire was shot, Ria was expecting it to stay in the darkness, but they severely miscalculated. It hit them and they flew back a few feet. They got up off the ground slowly saying, "Fine, you wanna fight that badly, huh? We could have maybe talked this out, settled down and have a few drinks but no. Always keeping info to yourself." they reached out towards them as their hand glowed brightly, but it flicked and broke, as if it wasn't working properly, "This time I get to keep stuff from you. And I can knock your sorry teeth in for thinking less of me." the light suddenly stopped shining and it turned into a keyblade, but the keyblade looked wrong. It was broken, and looked like it'd barely function as anything. They pointed it towards them and said, "I'm more powerful than all of you, now. That's an advantage I'll take!" and the darkness dropped suddenly to the ground, and shadows began to appear out of them, there were at least a hundred of them, possibly more. But they were in ready position, they weren't going to strike until Ria commanded them to do so.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    When the reveal that there was royalty among them came, Kara immediately stopped thinking as herself as "rank 1" and started thinking of herself as "the first". If there were rankings, surely she'd be beneath an actual noble...god she hoped they weren't egotistical; that'd make it really hard to be nice to them. After that reveal came about, Alder tried to shoot a fireball at Ria. This blew Kara's mind about as much as it blew Ria back, both of them equally surprised. These keyblades could shoot magic? She could shoot magic? She wanted to try, but resisted the urge to do so.

Soon after, ass the shadow prince, destroyer of souls as the shadows emerged, Kara flinched away slightly. She'd seen darkness, she'd seen it take someone, but she'd never seen creatures made of it. What were they like? Would they attack them? She'd been in a fight before, but she hadn't used her keyblade then. Well, she was going to learn on the fly...or at least she hoped she would. Could amnesia take away muscle memory? Had she even been able to fight before? She had no idea and she doubted Ria was going to tell them. The only thing she was certain of was that if she got defeated here, she'd never be able to find the answers she craved.

"Be careful, those creatures don't look like they're going to take it easy just because we can't remember things" Kara said, readying her keyblade. She'd been pretty good at school, hopefully she was just as fast a learner now.

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Daeni was not happy with the events that were unfolding in front of her. First they were by some cliffs and then a hooded figure that called themselves Ria started to threaten them. Daeni kept quiet, knowing it was best for the time. But when Ria started to directly threaten them, summoning darkness and....a broken keyblade. Their keyblade was broken and looked worthless. Daeni sort of laughed to herself and only stopped when she saw the darkness swirl into some sort of creatures that looked ready to kill.

"Ria, you're full of it!" Daeni shouted towards them. "You won't do anything. You're just all talk!"

Then, the fact that Ria kept calling that machine way back in the cave some sort of extractor, started to make Daeni think. She was quiet a moment before she turned to Relli. "Relli....you know how Ria keeps calling that weird machine an extractor?" she started. "I think I know what it extracted...but it's gonna sound weird. What if....what if it extracted our memories? To make us forget something bad that happened? Does it sound farfetched, cuz I think it does, I mean, really...memory extraction? Sounds impossible to me." she chuckled.

5. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]

As Marley had made it outside alongside everyone else, they, as well as everyone else, were greeted with a figure before them. For whatever reason they were in a strange black garb, one that concealed the entirety of their body and face. Next they seemed to be pretty knowledgeable on the situation at hand, and seemed to know them pretty well already. Marley wasn't sure what to make of someone like this, and given that they seemed to be pressing Alder, who may or may not have had something to do with the machine known as the extractor exploding, they were starting to wonder if they were friend or foe here. It was a bit unnerving how familiar a tone this "Ria" spoke to them with, even more so how they seemed to know what they were doing prior to being in that cave. Nevertheless, the group continued to press question after question to this Ria, and while they seemed to wish to know whether or not the extractor extracted or exploded something, Marley didn't really say anything on the matter because they figured everyone else knew, they just weren't saying anything on it.

Finally, though, the tensions caused by this being were a bit too much for everyone else to handle. With Alder attacking them, they seemed ready to retaliate, which made Marley a bit curious once seeing the weapon they were wielding. Looking back to their own keyblade, there was something off about it. But, that didn't stop Marley from taking a more aggressive stance as well, with a grin stretching across their face. They weren't sure if this person was an enemy or not in general, but at least at this moment, it was pretty clear. With the large swarm of creatures of darkness swarming behind them, Marley nodded at the blonde girl's suggestion saying, "Numero Uno's got it right. So you two," they looked over to Cerdic and Alder, "better stop the cat fighting and get ready to start the ass kicking." With that, though their blood was starting to boil with a need to hit stuff, the keyblade wielder kept themselves back for just a bit longer, waiting to see what these creatures would do.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The fire ball fired by Alder had mad its way through the swirling vortex and collided with Ria and sent her back a bit. The lashing out under all these accusations was understandable and fortunately it wasn't directed at any of them, but the one who had started this mess in the first place. Following that, the swirling darkness around them sunk into the ground and reformed as a small army of darkness. They had their 'keyblades' ready, Ria had their oddly shaped and broken looking 'keyblade' ready and Chrono just took a step back towards the middle of the group. In this moment of moving back, something rang in his head. Was he...was he finally remembering something else? Maybe it was how to summon a 'keyblade'. Chrono concentrated on this more until it finally came to him. "Hey guys, I finally remembered my name. It's Chrono!" Despite the very very poor timing with this, he was quite happy to finally remember something of use.

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Well then... it seemed they had found themselves in quite an interesting situation. Apparently this 'Ria' had worked with them all rather closely on something... Though that didn't put them in the figure's good graces apparently. While the revelation that VIII was a prince had certainly been something of a shock, it was also something he shook off rather quickly. They could focus on figuring out their pasts later, for now filing useful hints away for later. One such note was Ria saying that this time they would be the ones keeping information to themselves. Did they just mean VII? Or had all of them kept Ria out of some kind of loop? If the latter was true than such was to be expected: Ria had just tried to kill them after all.

Was about to do it again too.

Surrounded by darkness, looking at Ria's broken keyblade, it was then that IV suddenly blurted out how he had remembered his name. Well... that was good and all... though a bit random. He supposed if he woke up without remembering his name, he would have been pretty stressed out, so he was definitely happy for the other. Still though; fight. Chrys approached the subject that he had tried to avoid bringing up earlier.

"How about a weapon then?" He reversed his keyblade in his grip as he entered a rather relaxed looking stance, letting the tip of the weapon rest gently against the ground behind him. "Because it looks like you'll need it soon." There were creatures of darkness all around them, but it seemed that only he, III, VII, and IX had taken up a ready position to fight. Then again, the rest of them clearly had keyblades at least.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Chloe, back on her feet, called Glimpse of Darkness back to her hand. And just in time, too, as Ria summoned a horde of Heartless in response to Alder's impressive blast of fire. Had that been a Fira? A Firaga, even? Whatever it was, it was so satisfying to know that Ria wasn't invincible. It was also interesting to note that she had been right about Relli and Alder being the royal and the knight...even if she hadn't been sure which was which.

All around her, even more Keyblades were flashing into sight. Even Ria had a mangled-looking piece of her own. Maybe all ten of them really did have Keyblades after all; was it possible for a memory wipe to influence someone's ability to use a Keyblade? In the meantime...

"Anyone without a Keyblade, get to the center of the group," Chloe said. "The rest of us will keep you safe."

9. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Relli wished they'd stopped Alder before he'd attacked. But, what could they have done? Alder was hot headed, that much they knew, but this wasn't home, and they had no idea if they could've done anything anyway. Being called royalty was all well and good, but it meant nothing without the proof to back it up. Not that it mattered to them anyway.

Daeni's question made them stop and think. "What if....what if it extracted our memories? To make us forget something bad that happened? Does it sound farfetched, cuz I think it does, I mean, really...memory extraction? Sounds impossible to me," she said. It's certainly a possibility, they thought.

"You might be right, Daeni," Relli replied slowly. "I don't know much about machines, but it would explain a lot about what happened and how we got here."

But now, it seemed they were in for a fight. Relli pulled out their keyblade and prepared to fight, though they didn't know how much help they'd be.

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

Ria didn't really listen to any of the banter that had headed their way. They were so all over the place it was hard to keep track, so when they were ready they just waved their arm and the shadows charged in the front group. A secondary group appeared and surrounded Ria like they were protecting them.

There are a total of 300 shadow heartless.
    Each shadow heartless takes 5BP to hit.
    Each BP is worth 20 words.

You have a total of 20 BP.
    Round 1 starts now. Round 2 begins in 2 days or until all players have taken their turns.

Kara: 20/20 HP
    Chrys: 20/20 HP
    Chloe: 20/20 HP
    Chrono: 20/20 HP
    Xen: 20/20 HP
    Daeni: 20/20 HP
    Alder: 20/20 HP
    Relli: 20/20 HP
    Marley: 20/20 HP
    Cerdic: 20/20 HP

The shadows only have a slashing type attack, and are relatively easy to dodge. But if multiple jump out at once, it's a little bit hard.

11. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]

As the heartless started to encroach upon their position, Marley's grip on their keyblade tightened. While Marley was about to rush forward, they heard the silver haired boy shout something about remembering their name. They had forgotten? Man that must have sucked. But hey they remembered now, so that sucked less. Their grip laxing on the blade, the keyblade wielder gave a thumbs with a smile on their face Marley said, "hey good work kid." As the other man told him that he needed to also remember how to fight, Marley stated, "yeah, otherwise you'll get eaten. And getting eaten sucks. So try not to get eaten k, kid? Instead," twirling their keyblade around Marley noticed one shadow starting to get closer and tighetened the grip around their blade once more. Gripping it with both hands they ran over to it, and with a large upward arc, swung their keyblade striking the creature or darkness head on. As the blade impacted with it, the darkness seemed to bend around the blade, as it was being pushed upward until finally it was cleaved in twain. As the heartless was split in two, the darkness dissolved and the heartless was slain. "Do something like that," they said back to the silver haired boy.

Twirling their keyblade about, the smile grew across Marley's face. Despite the decidedly awful situation they had found themselves in, and there still being a near uncountable swarm of heartless in front of them, Marley couldn't help but feel a sort of rush as the blood started really pumping through them. As a few more started to move towards them, Marley watched as another shadow tried to claw at their ankles, only for the keyblade wielder to back step and then stab downward with their keyblade. As they did, the heartless exploded quite like the first one had. Looking towards a few others, the keyblade wielder brought their keyblade down in one decisive slash, cleaving another in two, and then looking to see another near them prepping to leap. As it did, Marley quickly swiped their keyblade upward, knocking the shadow up as well, only to slash back downward as the shadow got within striking distance. As the blade connected, it spiked the heartless to the ground, causing it to burst on impact. Twirling their keyblade with a bit of a, "woo hoo," Marley turned to see the rest of the horde, their smile not at all leaving their face. "So who else wants to join in on the fun?"

Words: 421
    BP Spent: 20
    Heartless left: 296

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Oh the reactions he was getting were great, perfect even. Cerdic only chuckled at Alder's response. "I mean I could take my keyblade and stick it up yours. That is if there is any room with the stick you already have up there. But hey, you never know, you might even enjoy it. Hey I am not one to judge, I would be happy to accommodate." He offered with a coy smile, trying to piss Alder off more if he could. It might have not been the best time for this considering the swirling darkness around them, but what did he care? It was entertaining to watch his reactions, and he wanted to take the time to enjoy that.

Perhaps he pushed Alder too far though as fire came out of the tip of his keyblade and went towards the figure. This in turn pissed the person off and therefore he didn't get his answer to the question about the numbered pins.
    "You just had to piss off the person with answers didn't you? Good job there buddy. Good job." He said with a huff. Of course the he, she, thing spoke up telling them to stop the cat fight and get ready to fight. He rolled his eyes at that and turned towards the shadows, summoning the keyblade to his hand. "Sorry Alder, this isn't for you." He joked before Chloe had an idea about protecting the others, but Cerdic had his own idea about fighting. Why stand in a nice tight circle when he could do more damage by being in the middle of things?

The figure waved their hand and the heartless charged at them. Cerdic didn't bother staying back from things, instead charging in full on. He didn't know much about this stuff but he had to at least try and fight them. He knew how to wield his keyblade, it was the best way to fight these creatures that was the problem. He wondered if at one point he knew how to fight them efficiently? Perhaps he did, but if he didn't, it was never too late to learn. Apparently despite his efforts, he was not the first one to jump into the fray. The person who he couldn't tell their gender had managed to beat him to the fighting. Well that sucked, but it wasn't the end of the world. Holding his keyblade in one hand, he faced the shadows, doing some fancy maneuvers with his keyblade, spinning it around before slashing at a shadow, missing, and letting out a squeak as it lunged at him and he stumbled back. Perhaps these things were more scary than he though. Looking at them closer, they weren't cute. Looking into their eyes, they had no souls. His fancy fighting style quickly degraded into swinging his keyblade around in front of him until he hit something, or several somethings.

Word Count: 482
    Heartless killed: 4
    Heartless Remaining: 292

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  13. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    So apparently one of them hadn't been simply secretive, but had in fact forgotten his name. So either the "memory extractor" had taken a little more from Chrono than any of them had realised and Ria, in fact, had such hatred for the boy that he'd felt the need to take away his name, or the theory was wrong. Which probably meant the theory was wrong. Still though, if the theory had have held true, that would have been an interesting twist in things.

Next came the shadows, summoned by their presumed abductor. The first group had been worrisome enough, but the second group? Now the guy was just showing off. As the others moved into defensive positions, two of them made an actual move on the offensive. Marley and....and....Ria had called him Cerdic. Sir dick, kind of fit with the way the guy had presented himself. Then again, maybe Ria had been lying...he (Kara assumed he was male) had told himself he was lying, after all. Wait a minute, that didn't make any sense. This whole situation was getting more confusing by the second, how much could Kara handle before her head exploded? Maybe that had been the point of the machine! But if Ria had that kind of power, what would he need the shadows for? No, that couldn't be it. The machine remained a mystery.

Anyway, back to the fighting. Kara hadn't been in any fights save for one, so she didn't like her chances charging forward, but two of the others had rushed forward and there was no way she was going to leave someone to fight on her own. If she did that, what kind of person would she be? A terrible one, that's who. She didn't have the best self-image but she did not think she was a positively terrible person. Stepping forward, she held her keyblade in what she could only assume was a defensive stance, and stepped forward.

As she stepped forward, a shadow launched itself at her. Reacting somewhat quickly, the girl leaped out of the way and quickly turned around as she delivered a quick slash with the keyblade straight at the creature's back, dispatching it rather quickly. That wasn't the end of the assault though, as another two of the shadows came at her. With a yelp she panicked and lashed at them, dispatching a second one but falling flat on her butt. Just as she was about to be hit by the shadow, she put her hand out in front of her as if to block the attack, and a magical barrier appeared around herself, preventing the attack from connecting. "Holy cow...did I just do that?" she asked, mesmerised for a moment. Her concentration was broken by yet another shadow diving at her, only for her to hold out her hand once more. This time, however, the barrier did not come. Panicking, Kara simply punched the creature, knocking it onto its back, before stabbing it with the keyblade. Her eyes widened as she did so, Kara could only wonder just where these movements were coming from...and just why she knew how to do them.

Word count: 526 words
    Heartless killed: 4
    Heartless remaining: 288

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The joyous feeling Chrono had felt had lasted just up until Number II had reminded him that he would need to fight, especially that they were currently surrounded by shadows ready to attack them. Alright, he managed to remember his name, now for to bring out this 'keyblade' that he hopefully had. Once more Chrono held out his hand and focused on...something. Being unsure exactly to focus on, he just tried imaging a weapon to appear in his hand. Clenching and unclenching his hand hoping to find that something had appeared in his hand, he was granted with nothing. Guess his name would be the only thing that he would be remembering right now. Welp, that wouldn't stop him from trying to fight during this battle.The stopping force would be the matter of not having any means of fighting the heartless with. Actually Chrono looked at his hand and clenched it into a fist. Time for some bare knuckle brawling he supposed, thus with a quick shrug of his shoulders Chrono got into a fighting stance. "I'll keep that in mind and hopefully not forget it." The last part of that was muttered to himself following both the response and mental note of the move that Marley had demonstrated for him.

Now for the actually fighting and four shadows had started to move towards where he was due to not moving to the center as per Chloe's instructions. In a sense it was better this was since he could actually try to see if his current means of attacking actually worked and on the somewhat likely chance it didn't, he knew who to hide behind when they decided to retaliate against the "defenseless" teen. He was the one to make the first move and swing at one of the shadows. His fist actually made contact and knocked it back into another one, and another one and into the last one that had appeared near him. Domino effect for the win since all four of them vanished into mist.
    "Huh, really didn't think that would work out." Said the white haired teen, looking at his fist with a sightly confused looked on his face. In fact, he didn't even know if he knew how to fight so that was really just a lucky hit that he managed to get. He'd gotten to remember his name and learned that he could use his fist against these particular enemies. As much he would love to have a 'keyblade', would be close enough for now.

Total Words: 424
    Heartless Killed: 4
    Remaining Heartless: 284

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

"Relli, please. Stay back...if you're a really a prince, we have to protect you." Daeni said, summoning her keyblade into her right hand, holding her left hand up to her side. She watched the others fight and soon found herself face to face with her first shadow. Nervous, Daeni just swung her keyblade haphazardly and smacked the shadow. It was caught off guard and stumbled a bit, but it returned to looming and glaring at her. Daeni gulped and decided to just attack it now, thwacking it and sending it flying. It happened to knock into another shadow and caused both of them to be poofed before she even had a chance to attack it. "Well, that's two down but I dunno if I'm any good at this?" she mumbled to herself, questioning her ability.

It didn't take her much longer before she stopped and watched how easily the others were able to dispatch of their own shadows. That made Daeni think about herself. She thought about how she was able to fight before with this keyblade. The more she thought, the more it made her head hurt. She didn't want to think about it, but she figured it'd help her out, even if she didn't magically start to attack the heartless adeptly.

She was knocked out of her thoughts by a shadow violently scratching her back. Daeni shrieked and fell forward, stumbling into Cerdic. "S-Sorry." she said, turning back around and attacking the heartless that managed to get her. She fought with it, exchanging swings before she was able to overcome it and destroy it. She watched it disappear into a puff of black smoke, leaving her with a pain in her back. "Th....That hurt..." she mumbled. She touched her back where the shadow hit her and found no marks, just the pain of being attacked.

Daeni sighed and shook her head, staring at a shadow and starting to attack it relentlessly. She looked like she was mad at the heartless for even existing. She just couldn't accept that she was attacked by one so easily. She was scared, sure, but she was also not above attacking the ones that haven't even attacked her yet. Yet. That's the word that made her attack it. She didn't want to give it another chance to attack her. She was too scared of what would happen next time. She didn't want to feel that pain again.

Total Words: 404
    Remaining Heartless: 280

16. Arch Mana Knight

Shadows. Alder's gaze shifted from Ria, who was now being protected by his horde, to the monsters that now surrounded them. Of course this honorless coward would have no honor. There was an air of familiarity of this situation but with no memory to connect it to he pushed the feeling aside. Tempted as he was to charge in like a barbarian to make his way towards the stranger who cowered behind the creatures he summoned, possibly due to the pathetic excuse for a keyblade he wielded, Alder stepped back in order to keep close to Reili. With a flick of his keyblade he cut down a shadow that jumped at him as he made his way towards the Prince.

It was becoming apparent that this Cerdic fellow was unlikely to be taking anything seriously any time soon. He had foolishly charged in with the hopes of showing off only to awkwardly swing his blade around the moment danger reared its ugly head. As much as Alder found this person distasteful surely even he did not deserve to die.
    "There's safety in numbers!" Alder shouted at Cerdic trying to get the young man to rejoin the group. Once the shadows were taken care of then they could focus on the one who caused this.

Alder swung his keyblade in a wide arc, striking another shadow while another leapt back to avoid the blow then using the momentum of his blade to follow up with a second overhand swing crushing the other under the teeth of the weapon. He spun the keyblade quickly back to return to a defensive posture as he glanced over at Relli to ensure that they were still alright.
    "In another situation, I'd recommend for you to stay behind me but since we're surrounded..." Alder smirked. "Far be it from me to order you to join in." Despite being overwhelmed in numbers there was one thing that remained in their favor. These shadows were pitifully weak and easily destroyed. Of course, it did not seem to be that way for all of them as the girl who had stood beside Relli found herself struggling and was knocked back towards Cerdic.

"Great. Just...great." Alder muttered to himself. It seemed like it might have been pointless to hope that they could stick together in a tight formation. Another shadow made a swipe at him but he stepped to the side and kicked the creature out of sheer annoyance, punting several yards back into the horde though not destroying it in the puff of black smoke the others he had vanquished had vanished in. It would have made him laugh if he did not have to redirect his attention to another shadow that jumped at him. Alder thrust his keyblade at the shadow catching it in the air and destroying it before returning to keep at Relli's side. "Only a few hundred left...piece of cake."

Total Words: 485
    Remaining Heartless: 276

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  17. Lite The Future

[​IMG]

New information flooded in from the very moment they'd all come into contact with this "Ria" person. Talk of an "extractor", the reveal of royalty being among them...It was a lot to take in. But dwelling on it right now was the least practical action to take, considering the army Ria had just summoned. It seemed engaging in combat was the only option now, much to Xen's dismay.

"How utterly annoying..." Xen grumbled as the Shadows appeared en masse. He didn't need to have his vision fully restored to tell that these creatures were born of darkness. Their very presence made Xen nauseous, just like the darkness in the cave did before. Summoning his Keyblade, he prepared to fend off the creatures to the best of his ability.

His first target wasted no time attacking as it jumped toward him, its sharp claw-like fingers swiping at Xen's torso. The attack was quickly blocked with a well-timed guard from Xen, who pushed the Shadow away before swinging downward, brutally cleaving the Shadow down the center with the teeth of his Keyblade.

As the Shadow faded into black dust, two more emerged from the ground at Xen's feet without his knowledge, slashing at his legs and putting him off balance momentarily. Once his balance was regained, Xen swung horizontally in the direction he felt the attacks come from, but missed...With the melee attack, at least. Just as the attack missed, the tip of his Keyblade sparked with faint traces of electricity, followed immediately by both of the Shadows being struck by small lightning bolts, paralyzing them. Wasting no time, he swung once more at the Shadows, this time landing two kills in one swing.

Looking at his Keyblade, the realization that he'd just accidentally used some form of Thunder magic hit Xen hard. "Did...Did I do that?" He thought aloud before taking notice of one more Shadow approaching. He decided he wouldn't let this one catch him off guard, kicking it quickly to throw it off balance before dispatching it the same way he'd done to his first attacker- cleaving it down the center with the teeth of his Keyblade.

"At this rate we'll exhaust ourselves before we can finish these fiends off. If anybody is hiding an ace up their sleeve, perhaps now is the time to utilize it." Xen suggested, moving closer to the allied group to be safe whilst keeping his gaze locked on the horde of Shadows.

Total Words:
    Remaining Heartless: 272

18. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]
    Well then. It seemed that IV could look after himself. Pretty darn well too. While it wasn't as if conventional methods of fighting were completely useless against the heartless, they were still weaker, and the fact that IV could fight them as effectively as he did was surprising. Looking around, quite a few people were making an impressive show of stomping the creatures. Him? He just swung his keyblade in front of him once a shadow decided to make a leap for his person. Unprepared for the resistance, the insect like monster fell back onto the ground, defenseless. He made quick work of it with a jump attack continuing to hold his weapon in reverse grip. He watched quietly as the creature vanished into thick black smoke, silently contemplating the existence of the dark monsters.

He should have known better than to lose focus.

A factoid he remembered just in the nick of time, twisting out of the range of another Shadows' attack. Feet skidding against the rocky ground as he caught himself, Chrys growled to himself.

"They're not just going to stop and wait for you, you idiot." Wouldn't that be a thought? All of his opponents just freezing in place because he wanted them to? He chuckled to himself at that; it was a ridiculous thought. Except then they stopped moving. Like, completely. Some in midair even. Blinking in disbelief, Chrys took a quick look around and noticed that only those that were in the general vicinity of him had ceased movement. The others were still quite obviously fighting for their lives, and a few were still coming from him from beyond the small circle of statues surrounding him. Realizing the effect would likely only be temporary, he promptly decided to stop wasting time and start bashing the little insects.

Choosing the nearest one for his assault, Chrys only needed to deliver three of the deft, crushing strikes that were part of his fighting style before the little monster vanished. He turned to continue with another, but the remaining monsters resumed, and the aforementioned others were certainly not going to simply leave him be. Seeing one had decided to leap towards him once more, Chrys brought his keyblade around and up into the air, effortlessly knocking the heartless from it's path. It crashed into the ground and was obliterated.

Then something sparked at the end of his keyblade, and several heartless began to float all around him.

"What?" He sputtered in surprise, not expecting this latest development. However, he did not let it distract him this time. Back flipping, he avoided another attack before he himself leaped to attack one of shadows that floated and spun aimlessly through the air.

"I can freeze them in time... and make them drift uncontrollably off the ground..."

"Neat."

Total Words: 467

Heartless Remaining: 268

19. Fearless A good and beautiful child

The shadows that surrounded them were numerous, multiplying to the point that it looked more like a mass of swirling black and yellow eyes than any individual beings. The Heartless... those who lacked hearts. One could almost feel sorry for them, if they had the time; they had once been human beings, too.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the time. Those shadows were on the hunt, and Relli didn't doubt for a second that they'd rip them all apart without hesitation. One of the beasts sprang forward toward them, and Relli cleaved it in half with their keyblade before jumping back, almost falling into Alder. They turned slightly, looking up at him, and then shifted so that they were back to back with the guard. It was exhilarating, being in battle again, even if this was nothing like the mock fights they'd been in as a child. This was a real fight. Luckily, this wasn't Relli's first real fight either.

"In another situation, I'd recommend for you to stay behind me but since we're surrounded..." Alder smirked at them. "Far be it from me to order you to join in." Relli chuckled and held their keyblade out in front of them. "Are you sure you can keep up with me?" they teased cheekily, throwing a grin back at the elder. "I've always been pretty fair in a fight, after all."

Relli leapt forward, smashing another shadow that had aimed itself at Daeni. He turned to look at her, to ask if she was alright, only to be interrupted. "Relli, please. Stay back...if you're a really a prince, we have to protect you," she pleaded, and Relli was blindsided for a second. How could she think that? That they were just some helpless royal? Hell, Relli was fighting better than she was!

"I'm not some helpless kid!" they growled at her. "Maybe I am a prince, but I don't need protection!"

Angrily, Relli turned away from her and smashed out two more heartless, channeling their rage into two hits that smashed the shadows instantly, with a finesse of someone who'd clearly been in a fight before. They spun the keyblade above their head and leapt back, again towards Alder, and looked around at their companions. Who cared whether they were royalty or not? They weren't some baby that needed watching. They would fight just as hard as the rest of them, and prove they could be just as good as them.

Total Words: 409
    Hearless Remaining: 264

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Chloe rolled her shoulders and cracked her neck. Ria may have summoned a veritable horde of Heartless, but they were also just Shadows—the weakest and stupidest kind. It may be tedious, but defeating all of them with ten combatants would be a piece of cake. Already the group was carving out a dent in their ranks, some even without Keyblades, impressively. But she could admire the group’s handiwork later. Right now, it was about time she got to work. Once the Heartless were gone, they could go after Ria and get some answers.

One of the yellow-eyed creatures squirmed over in her direction, and without hesitation, Chloe hurled Glimpse of Darkness at it. Just when it seemed the spinning Keyblade would tear into the Shadow, it pulled that annoying stunt where it melted into the ground, evading the strike. Frowning, Chloe summoned her Keyblade right back to her hand, her eyes following the Shadow’s movements along the ground. But something bumped the back of her head, and while she was distracted, the Shadow lunged forward. Chloe had just enough sense of mind to try to block, but the thing still grazed her arm. It tried to scurry away after striking, but one stroke of Glimpse of Darkness cut that short.

Chloe turned to find whatever had hit her head. She was taken aback for a moment when she saw the perpetrator—a Shadow spinning head over heels as it slowly drifted through the air, frozen in time. She’d have to have a talk with whoever was responsible, because that was a really neat trick. She pointed her Keyblade’s tip in its direction and closed one eye. Carefully she tracked the Shadow’s floating and, after a moment, shot off a Blizzard. The burst of ice hit the Shadow dead center, and it vanished in a puff of purple smoke. The spell kept moving though the Shadow, though, and struck another Shadow mid-leap as it was about to strike the grey-haired boy who had just remembered his name—Chrono, was it?—from behind. Chloe blinked. “Huh. Didn’t mean to do that, but I’ll take it.”

The hairs on the back of her neck stiffened. She couldn’t see anything immediately in front of her or in her peripheral vision, which could only mean…

She thrust her Keyblade into the air. Small storm clouds gathered directly above her, and in a flash, a bolt of lightning struck behind her. She turned her head—sure enough, there were the telltale purple wisps of a fried Shadow.

She pivoted, keeping an eye for the next nearest Heartless. With so many Heartless around, she figured it was most efficient to stay in one place and wait for them to come to her, rather than running around and wasting energy—or worse, getting in someone’s way.

//Total Words: 469
    Heartless Remaining: 260

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.