Kingdom Hearts: Recollect

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by cstar, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    The first thing that Chrono did after his sprint into the cave was to grab the extractor core that had still be laying right where they had left it the last time they were here. As Alder had said the gloves had allowed him to touch the core, shown as he was able to lift it up without burning his hands. Though now he was kinda stuck as he did not want to try putting it in himself and have something go wrong. Namely anything that would cause him to lose the few memories he was able to recall. "Alright Alder, waiting for the next instruction here!" He could see what was happening to Moira out of the corner of his eye and it did not bode well.

2. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Alder had done his best to reconstruct the Extractor from the broken parts lying around. The frame that held the core was something difficult to piece together but from the schematics he at least had an idea of how to put everything together. The pipes that made up the "throat" were still dented and just barely fit together to hook up with the console by the time he reconnected them and it looked more like a disaster than a functioning piece of equipment but...from what he knew it would work. Barely. But it would work.

"The core should be placed in here. Hurry!" He gestured to the newly constructed frame for Chrono to come over. "Once we've got power to the console we can start making guesses to the password." He looked over at Mora, having not paid attention to what was going on around them at that time. Something was off about her. Whatever was going on he could not pay it any attention. He wanted to help but every second spent doing something else was a second away from the Extractor that they could not afford to lose.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    The extractor was put together and seeing the spot in which to put the core, with Alder's guidance, and went to go put it into the machine. He could only move so fast while carrying it given its wait and the added level of caution to take to not drop it. In that regard he was more concerned with dropping it on himself rather than it breaking. Standing before the extractor, Chrono inserted the core into its designated position. He pushed it in, taking a few seconds to make sure that it was sturdy and in place. "The core is in place!"

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

As the core was placed, the system lit up in response as the monitor flickered in to show two boxes to be filled, asking for a username and password. A buzzing noise could be heard as everything just seemed to be overheating a bit but it was working.

The darkness was beginning to form more of a bestial shape.

8 days until shape takes full form

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "I am not acting myself? Why do you think that is Daeni. Look around you, look at what is happening to us and this work. What in the ten layers of hell would give you the idea that I should be okay and be flirting of all things. Besides look around us, who the hell would I even flirt with? You? You are like a sister that is disturbing? The child that you left to die? Kara? The girl who had to leave because she couldn't handle the stress of all of our friends dying? So no I am not alright, I haven't been able to do a damn thing to stop all this from happening. So why the fuck do you think I should be okay?" Cerdic snapped as he turned back to the form that was forming in the corner. He was anxious that all this work would be for nothing if they didn't hurry up.

"Quick, Alder, what was the hints for the user name and password. I am going to keep an eye on this thing but I can at least try and think of the answer as well. But if worse comes to worse and this... thing... forms, run." He demanded not wanting to see more friends die.

6. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Daeni reached one last time into the darkness. Her hand brushed something solid and she was instantly thrown back against the opposite wall. She felt her armor take the brunt of the attack, but her body was hurting from the impact. Looking up from where she laid, she stared at the cracked wall and listened to Cerdic. She closed her eyes and clenched her fists, thinking of what to say. When it finally came to her head, and the pain subsided, she got up slowly and made her way back to Cerdic.

Blood trickled down her chin from her busted lip as she grit her teeth. Her hands loosened from the gripping and she looked Cerdic straight in the eyes. "Where the hell do you come off? Through this whole mess you've been acting so upset because you obviously weren't being as useful as the rest of us and now you're getting mad because I wanted to make you feel better?" She laughed at him and wiped her chin.

"No, of course you're not OK. None of us are. You wouldn't know since you're too busy worrying about the pretty girls who all ended up dying or leaving anyway. That's all you've ever cared about anyway. Besides, who would want to flirt with you? You're pompous and disgusting." She stated this and held her hand up. "It makes me want to slap some sense into you, but we don't have the time to fight."

"Maybe next time you'll be nicer to the one who's trying to make you feel better." She said this and slapped his arm, hard. She then walked over to the machine and looked at it. "Wasn't the username our names and the password a combination of some sort?" She asked.

7. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Good!" He called out once the Core was in place. Alder typed in the username Chrono had said earlier. A person named Chrono. It must have been why that was the name Aevum remembered--there was a hero named Chrono known to his world. Alder thought back to the numbers they were each assigned and sighed, knowing he would have to make a guess. "The password should be our numbers in some arrangement. The hint gave the first letters of our names in what I'm sure was a random order. Aevum being one of them instead of Chrono." Knowing he'd likely get it wrong on the first try he typed out the password, pausing when he realized 10 wasn't a single digit, panicking for a second, then substituting it with a 0. "1. 0. 9. 5. 6. 7. 3. 8. 2. 4"

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

There was a beep before a popup showed up on the screen.

Password incorrect. You have two more tries before lockout.
    ||||||||||

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  9. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Dammit...seems like I'm close. K. C. M. X. D. A. C. R. C. A." He repeated the letters out loud again and rearranged the numbers mentally. Alder tried again. "1. 2. 9. 5. 6. 4. 0. 8. 3. 7."

10. cstar stay away from my waifu

There was a beep before a popup showed up on the screen.

Password incorrect. You have one more tries before lockout.
    ||||||||||

11. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "Daeni! Now is not the time!" Cerdic snapped as he put his keyblade down and walked over to Alder pushing him away from the console. "Here let me do it." He didn't really give Alder much of a choice, at this point he was simply pissed and just wanted to get this done and over with. "1. 0. 9. 5. 6. 4. 2. 8. 3. 7. There done." To say that Cerdic was fed up with all of this was an understatement. His attention then turned back to the mass in the corner. "Do what you need to do Alder." Cerdic told the other man before glancing over at Daeni for a moment, a little worried that she might do something stupid and get herself hurt to. Sure she was pissing him off right now, but he did still care for her. She was like a little sister to him. That is what siblings do. Piss each other off but still care for each other.

12. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Daeni crossed her arms and watched them attempt to figure the password out. She wanted to help, but she decided against it and turned back to the beast that was taking form. "If you guys can't figure out this password, I'll keep the beast back. You guys just get Mora and LEAVE THIS PLACE." she said, holding her keyblade ready. "I don't care what any of you say, so don't try and stop me."

She ignored any of them trying to stop her and she kept a close eye on the darkness. If it formed anything, she'd attempt to keep it from attacking the group as best as she can.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Chrono watched as Alder had already made two of the three attempts to guess the password, feeling that he had gotten lucky in his guesses. Had he not been so fortunate, he could've just screwed them all over. Regardless of how he felt about the situation, they'd gotten in the the correct password and Chrono waited to see what would happen next with the extractor.

14. cstar stay away from my waifu

The monitor flicked briefly before the password was accepted, and the very first thing presented was a selection menu. The problem was it wasn't exactly programmed with a how to or anything of the sort. It was only showing what was needed on the monitor.

[o] Test [x]Full
    [o] Unlimited [x]Timed
    [5 min] Auto-Closure
    [x] Pre-Generate
    [1 min] generation time
    [x] allow interruption [o] no interruption

[RUN] [TERMINATE]

A memory begins to pierce through.

"This will work, we have so much power at our disposal, how could we reject it? Isn't it great to lose that darkness anyway? You're just giving it to me... think of it like giving me a disease."

"Give back what is mine!"

The scene was through Aevum's eyes, looking down at Cerdic as he screamed those words at him, trying to reach out and grab him before exhaustion took over and he was out. Others began to follow and with confidence the boy began to turn towards the swirling darkness accumulating in the room. Aevum touched the portal and gasped out as his left arm reached to hold his right to keep it stable. His vision kept fading and then clearing up in random spikes, before a blur showed up out of the corner of his eye and Marley could be seen running full force at him and pushing him out of the way.

As Aevum was separated from the darkness, something still was reaching towards it. Like the darkness was it's own human hand reaching towards it. Aevum couldn't fall down, like he was frozen in his spot. He turned to look towards Marley who was backing away a bit in fear over what was going on. The boy turned towards the computer and quickly began trying to keep the machine going. He pressed a few buttons saying, "Come on. Come on!" the boy looked at the core and summoned his keyblade and moved to smash it.

"Marley don't-!"

The smash of the core going flying caused the machine to let out a squealing noise. Marley took a step back to look at Aevum before the machine itself exploded. Marley felt the full force of the machine explode and flew back away from it and into the wall. They hit their head and were knocked out before they had the chance to react to anything going on. While Aevum began to scream and fell down, but it felt like something was torn from him.

As he lay on the ground, a dark form began to take shape. The creature began to whisper, "MORe... I neED more..." it turned and quickly shot out of the cave. Aevum couldn't stay conscious anymore and his vision faded.

---

"Pointless! POInTLESS!"

The creature was finally beginning to show features, including a face as it grinned, "WhAT EXACtly is the point in every one oF THESE memORIEs. I wanTED To become what Aevum failed to be. But I can be stronger if I'm lESS of HIm. I just need more darkness. More. Less of you. I want to consume it all, the darkness can't DESTROY WHAT We love if I am all darkness is. Make thiS world the beginning... no..."

There was a bit of a laugh as the creature continued, "Even that thought is too much like Aevum. Those motivations. I just hunger for darkness. I'll take what's left of it here and go." the creature's voice distorted more as it's eyes peered to look straight towards Daeni as it tried moving forward, "And there's one heart with darkness in it. Still hiding here. The one who messed all this up. Marley..."

When mentioned, Daeni should have felt a sudden uneasiness in her heart, and that should have made her connect the dots there.

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

The memory racked Daeni's brain and gave her more insight to an earlier memory of hers. She fell to her knee and used her keyblade to keep herself propped up as things started to connect. "I remember...this..." she muttered. The memories connected with Marley's and everything made more sense to her. The reason she saw Chrono there was because Aeuvum was the source of this. Aevum...or whatever, wanted the darkness so bad and now...now they have to stop the result before it escapes.

When the creature developed a face, it's voice echoed through the cave as Daeni got back to her feet and planted herself. It wanted more darkness and it knew there was only one way it could get any more. It set it's eyes on Daeni and she felt an uneasiness in her heart. "Marley..." she muttered, trying to think why her heart ached so much. Things started to connect, but she couldn't believe it. "There is no darkness here!" Daeni screamed out. "The only darkness is you and we're going to destroy you!" Daeni held her keyblade tightly.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As the password was entered correctly through his moment of clarity and anger that mashed into one, Cerdic managed to unlock the console in time for a memory to return to him. He could hear his own voice in it, he could see a form being created and Marley trying to stop it, destroying the machine that they were now fixing. He wasn't quite sure what this meant for them though. Looking at the situation around them, Cerdic couldn't tell if they should be fixing the machine or not anymore. That being said the darkness that was forming had also started to form words. Looking back at Chrono and Alder, Cerdic spoke up. "Do what you think needs to be done. I have no clue, I will hold this thing back." He told them, placing himself between Daeni and the creature. It seemed that it's attention was fixed on her even though he wanted Marley. Cerdic remembered Daeni saying something about Marley's memories or something but he wasn't too sure what that meant for her. "Stay back, stay alive." He told her before he stepped forward, his keyblade at the ready, as he shot off a fire spell at the forming darkness. "If you want to pick a fight, pick it with me." He warned the creature, ready to deal with the consequences of that statement, whatever they may be.

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    The memory rang through Chrono and again he was left unsure of completely what he was doing in it. For what reason he would need darkness for? More importantly, he turned his attention towards the creature that had formed in before them. The mere sight of it filled him with the feeling of disgust, just knowing that he had some part in it being created. "Any bright ideas on what to do?" The console booting up may have triggered a memory, the memory did show him messing around with said console at all. Thus removing the option of him trying to mimic what was does in said memory.

18. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

The memory wasn't pleasant but it gave Alder and idea of what needed to be done. Things were getting worse in the cave and they needed to do something now. Alder looked at the control panel now that everything had booted up properly and looked over the options taking note that they all seemed to be good for the situation. Nothing appeared to be so out of place that they would risk destroying the machine. "It's going to need a minute to warm up." He spoke up to the others as he hit the RUN option without changing any of the settings. "Just hang on for one minute. That's all we need!"

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

As the machine began, the form glitched. To the creature it felt like static, as if the hair it may have would stand on end. But it knew it wasn't the case, and it knew why it was doing that. The creature growled and managed out, "What? YOU FIXed iT? IMPOSSIBle!"

The beast fully formed and stood closer, every step it took, the floor shook. It reached out as if to attempt to destroy the machine, but it was much slower in this state. It ended up swinging at Cerdic as a result, purely because he was closer, and he did ask for it.

The battle has begun.

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Daeni turned to see the machine was starting to work. Thankfully it was still functional after all the mess happened. Her attention was brought back to the monster as it got angrier. Every step it took, she felt her core shake and she trembled in fear for a brief moment before a wave of courage came over her. Her heart felt a warmth that told her she had to fight to protect the machine. To protect the friends she loves so much. The creature swung at Cerdic and she rushed forward. Daeni placed herself between the arm and Cerdic, trying to protect him. She stood, staring at Cerdic as the hand finally smacked her keyblade hard, sending her flying.

Her keyblade fell out of her hand as she collided with Cerdic, the wind having been knocked out of her. Her keyblade looked fine, but her gauntlets looked cracked from the sheer force of the attack. It was slow, but powerful. For the moment, Daeni didn't move. She was coughing and gasping for air before she finally sputtered out, "I think Marley's heart is inside me or something. I don't know, it sounds...impossible."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.