Kingdom Hearts: Recollect

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by cstar, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Alder summoned his keyblade. "I'm ready to put Ria down." He looked over at Daeni and Cerdic, glad that they had decided against fleeing. Chrono, as he had guessed, was also in favor of fighting. "It's about time we put Ria in his place. We've lost too many people already." He spoke with confidence. He thought a little more on what Mora said on their choices and raised an eyebrow after catching on to a small detail. His mind traced back to the first things he could remember upon waking up and though the location could have been different Mora seemed to be deliberate in choosing the direction to lead them in.

"If you're talking about the same cliff I'm thinking of, we're heading back to the extractor."
    He paused. "Or what's left of it. Was that your plan?"

2. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

Chrys stood in his usual silence as the IV, VI, VII, and X all confirmed their willingness to proceed. He, on the other hand...

He looked over to I, whom had been rather silent for quite awhile now. It was understandable of course since she was still clearly very weak. There was no way she could fight as she was. The others wouldn't force her, he was sure, and yet... should she even be close by? If this was her chance to leave, she should probably take it. Probably would take it. On the other hand, to go off alone as she was might be even worse.

It wasn't a hard decision for him to make, not really.

"It's good that you're all so determined." He finally spoke aloud as he began pacing towards I. "I guess we'll count on you then." He halted as he reached her side, his back still towards the others. "I'm going to take I-" He cut off his sentence abruptly and gave a small sigh. "Kara, I mean." He ammended as he turned to face them. "I'm going to take Kara somewhere safe. She's in no condition to fight, and out of all of you, she's the one I'm least comfortable leaving in such a state." He smirked briefly at that.

"If this is her only chance to go... well, then I'm going with her."

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Mora looked very relieved that someone was gonna make sure Kara left okay. She was surprised more people weren't aiming to go, actually. But she nodded and said, "Thank you. Now that we're all ready..." Mora moved over to the door and began counting down from ten as she made sure everyone prepared.

When Mora reached one, she slammed open the vault door to reveal... a beach.

The beach was sandy, but the water of the beach was rough, slamming into rocks that were right at the edge of the water. Even if it was a nice sight to behold, it was very clear this water was not made for swimming. Mora quickly ran out and pointed,
    "You two run for the water, everyone else, follow me. Best of luck!"

Kara limped towards the water and summoned out her keyblade to turn it into a glider. As Kara did so, an armor should have surrounded her to protect her. She got on the glider and pointed her keyblade towards the sky and a portal appeared. She looked back a moment at everyone before she began flying into the portal. She left it open so Chrys could follow with her.

---

Mora began running, keeping close to the wall of the cliff. As she did so she turned around and said,
    "By the way, Cerdic, you could probably use that armor now. I think it was the tunnel keeping you from using it. Not you."

If available for your character, you can now use keyblade armor.

Mora reached a point where a rough patch of rocks were had and she looked up and said, "This is our way up. I'd recommend you not using the gliders for detection reasons, but you might be alright. I've gotta get up this way though." and Mora began climbing up the rocks, pretty quickly and in a relatively agile manner.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Mora unlocked the door for them and Cerdic stared out at the beach beyond. It was beautiful. He found himself staring for a moment, enjoying the view, almost forgetting about the dire situation that was before them. As Kara got ready to run however he snapped his mind back in place and focused himself again. "Good luck you two. Stay safe. We will handle things here." He gave a small salute to the two that were heading for an escape. He knew that they needed to go and wouldn't question it at all as they turned to listen to the rest of Mora's instructions as they began to run.

Running against the cliff, he was given permission to use his keyblade amour, and Cerdic was certainly not giving up his chance to show off. Giving a wink to Alder he laughed.
    "Bet you can't do this." He taunted as he hit his belt buckle and a flash of light enveloped him. Suddenly grey keyblade amour fit his body as even his face was hidden from view. "Climbing? Well here goes nothing?" Cerdic said, all the while whispering to himself "Don't look down, don't look down, don't look down." As he started to attempt to climb the cliff.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"If that's what you feel is best, then good luck." Chrono had no desire to see anymore of his comrades die before him. He might've been a bit more annoyed with them, well two of them, death was by no means anything he wished on them. There was no sense in forcing them into something that they did not want to do.

Following Mora to the cliff and watching Cerdic done on his keyblade armor, Chrono briefly considered doing the same but decided against it for the time being. He actually did remember having one and how to summon it. With that decision made, he looked up at the cliff that they were supposed to climb. He should be able to do this. With an affirmative nod, Chrono started to ascend up the cliff.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  6. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

As the others were all leaving, Chrys gave a respectful nod to their individual farewells before he turned and made to follow after Kara. If he was being honest, there was more to his leaving than just Kara's safety. A huge and unfortunately big part of him just didn't want to hang around to be that one guy they all thought was good in a fight, but all ignored because he was some kind of a kook. He wasn't sticking around for that; grudge match be damned. He had bigger concerns at the moment, and Kara was one of them: a person who had been an actual friend at some point... apparently. It was petty of him, but he'd rather protect someone like that than be the guy in the background for those other hoodlums. Not that they were all bad, but... well. If nothing else, they could fight rather well, so he wasn't being decietful about counting on them. He did trust them.

He didn't necessarily like them... but he trusted them to do this.

He also knew he was being a bit too hard on them, as a collective group. None of them disliked him, and Cerdic was the only one that actively ticked him off. He was just ignorant though. Alder had lost the prince, Daeni meant well, and Chrono certainly hadn't had it easy. Gliding into the lanes between, Chrys considered the fact that he didn't really want to leave them alone to fight Ria either, and he wouldn't even be against seeing them all someday. It might be... it might be that he was angrier at himself than them.

That made sense really. As much as Ria had tried to poke at his stony facade, his real problem in life had always been that he hadn't ever felt like he could do much. He was never much use, and this chain of events had only emphasized that. He couldn't stop Ria, and he didn't think he was much help fighting him either. Of the two things: Going with them to finish Ria off, or helping Kara stay safe and recover... The latter was just something he felt like he could actually help with... he supposed.

He shook his head, his helmet gleaming as it reflected the strange ethereal light of the interspace tunnel. In the end, he knew he was just a petty and solitary individual... maybe that was why...

He immediately put an end to that train of thought.

Of course, leaving also offered him and Kara an new opportunity: one to explore what had become of the worlds outside. He had never even remembered what it was like to explore worlds other than his own, or the one they had just departed from. He could find a safe place for Kara among them; perhaps even one of their own homes. Would they still be there? Would they be able... to go back? He saw Kara just ahead of him and thought to himself about his other reason. He smiled as he imagined how the two girls might get along, perhaps even helping each other to come out of their own shells.

"Sister..." He whispered to someone who wasn't there. "I... know I'm not really your brother, but at least I can bring you a friend. Maybe even some others... would you like that? Flower girl?" His whispers took on a teasing tone as he bowed his head and gave an unseen, gentle smile.

"I'll keep her safe, and find you again too..."

"Chrysanthemum."

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  7. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Guess that's goodbye then. Travel safe." He directed this towards Kara and Chrys. Immediately after Cerdic called for his armor Alder followed suit. He wasn't going to spend another moment holding anything back. From here on out the only goal he had in mind was putting an end to Ria to keep this world safe. "This is it." He climbed up the cliff, heeding Mora's advice to not use the glider.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Daeni watched Mora shove the door open. The beach and water came into view as the smell of salt filled her nostrils. To her left, Chrys and Kara both headed towards the water on their keygliders. She smiled sadly and waved them off. "We'll meet again! I promise!" she called out. She had a feeling that was a lie, but she had hope.

Looking over, she saw Mora call to them about their armor. Alder and Cerdic both donned theirs, while Chrono opted out for now. Daeni reached for her necklace and gripped the pendant, enveloping herself in light. She had to put hers on if she wanted to live up to her own title of a supposed protector. In her mind, she failed, seeing as almost everyone was gone at this point.

Opening her eyes once more, she felt armor on her body as she walked past Chrono and started to climb the rocks. But before she went any father, she tore off the cape that came with the armor and tied it around her waist. It was long enough that it trailed past her feet. "Cerdic, if you get too scared...grab the rope." she said. "I'm okay at climbing, but...you're terrible."

She looked up to Mora and tilted her head. "But Mora's....surprisingly agile." she said, frowning.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Mora heard Daeni's comment and looked down and said, "I had practice. Hurry up!" when she reached the top she pulled herself up and turned around to reach and help the first behind her. But as the first reached for her hand, she heard a noise and turned around to see a couple of darkballs appear, making a noise as they seemed to move closer. Mora stood up and pulled out the sword and took a deep breath before lunging a bit and knocking a couple darkballs back. She hadn't done much damage though, it just seemed to irritate them more than anything. A darkball shook as four more seemed to appear beside it and tried to move so it could go down the cliff and knock the others off. Mora glared and said, "Oh no you don't!" and she knocked the darkballs back, taking a couple of hits for her trouble as she yelled, "Guys you gotta hurry. The heartless have already found us and these ones float!"

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As they climbed Daeni offered him a rope and Cerdic shook his head. "No way! I can do it. I am not going to be shown up by two little girls." It was a pride thing, but the way Cerdic spoke there was a bit a laugh with his words, clearly not trying to offend Daeni or Mora, he just didn't want to be that one guy that needed help. He wasn't that pathetic after all he could do some stuff on his own, and he would prove it.

Scaling the cliff was difficult, but he was managing, when he heard Mora yell at them to hurry up, looking up he saw what seemed to be another form of heartless at the top.
    "Hang on kid. I will be there in a second." He assured her, finally grabbing onto the fabric that Daeni offered earlier to help him speed up his climb and get to the top faster. When they were both at the top he paused for a moment ruffling Daeni's hair. "Thanks for the hand, now time to pay it forward."

Summoning his keyblade back to him Cerdic faced the heartless near the edge of the cliff, stepping in front of Mora a bit.
    "Stay behind me with Daeni, we got this." He stated as he stepped out stashing at a couple of the heartless as they seemed to divide into more. He was going to need some help, but he could hold them back for the time being, buying time to make sure Chrys got Kara out of there safely before this darkness found them as well.

11. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

The moment he arrived at the top of the cliff he raised his blade to cast a Thunder spell to strike several of the Heartless before rushing in to cleave a few more with the keyblade. His intent was not to finish them all off but, rather, clear a path forward as quickly as possible. "Just keep moving!" He called out towards the others. "These things are just an obstacle, not our target." He added, now gripping his weapon with both hands as he pressed onward, swatting away the Darkballs whenever they approached him.

"Just point us in the right direction and we'll go wherever we need to be." He glanced over at Mora, making sure she had not found herself in trouble yet before returning his attention to the Heartless ahead.

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Chrono had been climbing at a moderate pace for him as he was less focusing on getting up there quickly and not losing his grip and falling down. He could use his apparent keyblade glider in the event something like that happened, but the lingering risk of detection was there and not something he wanted to be the cause of. Trailing behind the group, Chrono had managed to reach the top of the cliff. The attention of the heartless had been drawn towards the others and a few had turned towards him since he was up there now. His natural response was to summon his keyblade as a means to defend himself from anything that might've come his way.

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Daeni at first shrugged at Cerdic after he declined her offer. She continued to climb better than him before she looked up to see Mora gone from the edge. She then heard what sounded like fighting and she bit her lip. Mora piped up finally and Daeni furrowed her eyebrow, gripping the rocks tightly. She looked to Cerdic and nodded, climbing up quickly with him in tow.

She untied the cloth and suddenly a gust of wind blew by. She accidentally let go of the rope and watched it flutter away in the wind, sighing. Daeni felt a hand on her head and looked up at Cerdic, giving him a smile. She finally turned around and summoned her keyblade.

Mora was protecting herself well enough, but she unfortunately got hit hard and slipped on the edge. Rushing forward, Daeni reached forward and grabbed Mora by the wrist, pulling her close to Daeni and clutching her to her chest. She looked at Mora and looked scared. "Y...You okay?" she asked, clearly shaken.

Shaking her head, she turned back around to the heartless. Her keyblade felt like it was somehow stronger in her arms. Smiling to herself, she fended off the darkballs that aimed for her. Daeni ended up destroying several, watching Cerdic dispatch of a few himself. She too had thoughts of Kara and Chrys, hoping they were at least halfway safe.

"What now, Mora?" Daeni asked, glancing to the girl.

14. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Mora wasn't 100% sure "what now?" entailed but she knew a general assumption of where exactly they needed to go. It didn't take long for the darkballs to be handled at the very least. Mora looked around and pointed in a direction and said, "This way!" and she began running to the left. She ran a decent while until a large patch of grass got in the way. Mora climbed her way through, trying to keep the others in view so she didn't get too far ahead. Once she was through to the other side. She jumped out and walked into the patch of dirt in front of her and turned towards the rest of them, "Here we are."

They were back in front of the cave where it all started and Mora spoke up and rubbed her hands together, "I'm not that strong but I think it's best to start movin' some rocks."

15. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Following behind the girl as she ran ahead Alder swatted away the Darkballs that tried to approach her until they were in the clear after having passed through some thick grass that broke up the terrain. Everything was slowly beginning to feel familiar and as he suspected, he was correct. This was the same cliff and they were back at the cave, still blocked from the cave in from when they had escaped. It all felt so distant now...As if it had happened in another life.

"Moving rocks sounds pretty easy compared to fighting for our lives." Alder spoke up before crouching down to start working on digging their way through to get back inside. "The Extractor's in there but I'm pretty sure it's busted. I don't know if it'll even work if we try messing with it again. Was your idea to use it to...extract Ria?" He asked curiously. It was either do that or hope collapsing the cave again, this time with Ria inside it, would do the job.

16. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The heartless like things were cleared out enough that they were able to start moving forward, following Mora, but keeping close in case any heartless decided to show up and make their lives even more of a living hell. As they ran, Cerdic took a quick assessment of everyone there, they all seemed to be doing fine still, all safe, though he had caused Daeni to lose her scarf thing, he didn't think that was a big deal. He merely shrugged it off as they continued to go.

Soon they managed to make it to a cave that had caved in. Apparently the extractor was in there, meaning they had to get to work. Cerdic was more than glad for his keyblade armour, it would keep his clothes from getting dirty and his hands from getting scratched up. He could polish the armour later, when they were safe. For now however Cerdic just worried about getting out of the open and into that cave before Ria managed to catch up with them. The heartless had taken no time to find them last time, it was likely that it was going to be the same this time.

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Following Mora, Daeni hurried along through tall grass. It was a wonder Mora was even able to be seen above the grass, considering her height. Then again, Daeni wasn't exactly tall either. She was just barely taller than Mora without her armor on. Oddly, the armor had heels so it added a couple of inches. They eventually emerged on the other side and found themselves in front of a blocked off cave. It looked familiar and, honestly, Daeni stared a few moments before snapping her fingers.

"Oh wait, we've been here before." she said. She then saw Mora step towards the boulders and mentioned moving the rocks. "Oh..." Daeni nodded and walked forward. She grabbed a rock that was up to about her knees and she started to push it aside, grunting and groaning.

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The heartless that had surrounded them had dwindled, which made progressing under Mora's guidance an easier task. The journey behind her had taken them back to the cave. Chrono was reminded of when they first left the cliff and his lack of memory didn't quite bother him as much as it did now as the extent of what he did know was lost to him. He was happier when compared to how he was now.

All that aside, there was still the task at hand with the large quantity of rocks blocking the path to the extractor. Chrono crouched down in front of the nearest one and started moving it out of the way before doing the same with the next one. Starting with the ones that didn't look to be all that heavy made it easier for him to quickly get to another rock.

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Mora had joined in with the focus on the rocks and replied to Alder, "Not... really. But I know the extractor was the start of all this, and I'm absolutely sure it is what will finish it. But what I have absolute no idea on is what exactly we need to do to finish this up."

Mora grabbed a larger rock and began to carry it to a spot to clear it out of the way, when a blackish-purplish flash happened and Mora was knocked over, letting out a grunt as it happened and she flew towards the edge of the cliff. Mora tried to cling onto the cliff but lost her grip and she seemed to quickly fall down. A thud noise echo'd but after a few seconds, a pale, feminine hand popped up and Mora's head popped over. She looked extremely disoriented and having trouble keeping a grip as she said,
    "Help... mmmm... what.... what was..." and she felt her grip start slipping again.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Keeping his head down, Cerdic tried to make quick work of moving the rock, tossing them off to the side, barely paying enough attention to make sure that they didn't hit anyone else. If they could get this dealt with sooner rather than later, he would be happy, the threat of heartless or Ria showing up making him rather nervous. As everyone jumped into help, Cerdic had hoped one would have stood watch, but without anyone doing that he just figured they needed to work faster.

A small grunt and then a thump, Cerdic turned around just to see Mora try to pull herself back on top of the cliff. He dropped the rock he was holding and ran towards the girl as quick as he could.
    "Hold on Mora, I've got you." Nearing her he dropped to the ground beside the cliffs edge and reached a hand for Mora. Cerdic for a moment looked over the cliff, paling at the sight of the long fall down before turning away and closing his eyes, trying to grab Mora's hand to pull her away from the cliff to safety.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.