Kingdom Hearts: Recollect

Discussion in 'Hall of Fame' started by cstar, Feb 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As he faced the horde of heartless, Cerdic felt less confident than he sounded when he told Mora he would help her. Though a hero had to do a hero's work, so it was into the horde he went, keyblade in hand. At least it was one way to get his frustration out. Over and over again he could bash at the heartless that were swarming around him. Every here and there he got scratched and was cringing, but no one else was doing anything so it was up to him. He would protect the girl, for he was a hero. Five more heartless fell at his feet and Cerdic turned around giving Mora a thumbs up before turning back to the heartless and continued to fight the heartless. "I got this." He said more to himself than anyone else as another heartless jumped at him and he swung at it, knocking one away and getting hit by another.

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Nothing about what Ria had said left a particularity good taste in his mouth. Despite hearing that the others were nearby, it didn't do much to alleviate this feeling of his. For all he knew this could somehow play right into Rias plan and Chrono could only hope that that wasn't the case.

3. Light-Rune Maven Seer

upload_2017-5-26_23-28-58.png

It seemed that Chrys barely had time to question the girl or their new objective, everything had happened rather fast. It seemed though that they were ultimately set to fight the heartless anyway.

Although, hadn't the others gone this way? Had the girl seen them? Were they alright?

All Chrys could really think to do was mutter to Marley:

"Do you think I could hang on to that page for awhile?"

With everyone shouting about it, he had decided he should give it a read himself.

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Finally arriving with Relli, Daeni saw the situation that Cerdic was in. She sighed and stood in front of Relli, prepared to keep them safe until they broke out of their stupor. She was honestly getting worried about them, hoping they would get better soon. She had no idea what to say or do to try and make Relli feel better, but she knew one person who might. Alder.

A couple of the heartless started to wander towards Daeni, looking at her curiously before swiping at her keyblade. She decided to swing back and managed to take out two of them. Although, more started to come.

"Cerdic." she said. "What's even going on? Have you seen any sign of the others?" she asked.

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Knocking another few heartless back, Cerdic noticed Daeni catch up with the group. As much as he wasn't fond of the girl, at least she took some sort of stand to keep an eye out for the girl that had ran to them for help. "Look I don't know what is going on or where the others are. If Ria running off was any indication of anything, then I would think that they aren't doing so hot themselves. If we want to be help them, we have to make it through the heartless at least." Cerdic told her as he continued fighting with a bit of a huffed sigh. He didn't feel like explaining this to her, not when he had his hands full himself. However he was going to be the hero for this girl so he would have to do whatever it took. "Just... I will clear a path and get the girl through to the so called sanctuary. There is no use fighting this many and defeating them all right now, not when trying to defend her as well. Just be careful and don't do anything stupid." Cerdic finished as he looked straight ahead trying to spot where he was to cut a path to. While he wasn't sure right off the bat, what he did know is that if they got to the other side, the girl might be able to lead them the rest of the way. With determination clear in his eye, Cerdic started on the heartless, defeating them in a more organized manner as a bit of a path started to open through them. The others would have to defend the girl as heartless tried to close the gap, but this would make it a lot easier for them.

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

Mora looked around at the heartless and she tugged a bit at Cerdic's sleeve and said, "I can get the door open, just make sure nothing jumps at me." and she shifted back towards where the trap door was and began opening it. Though she looked like she was struggling a bit before it was finally up and she looked at the others and said, "Come on!"

Marley had handed over the letter to Chrys, and looked a bit skeptical at Mora before looking at horde and deciding it was probably safer in there and they ran over and went down the ladder. Mora continued watching others, waiting, though her eyes looked down at Marley watching them go down the ladder, almost with a look of thought before looking up at the others.

You can either fight the heartless, or go down the ladder to move the plot along.
    There are two days left before those who have not signed the contract will be considered out of the roleplay.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Cerdic was fighting the heartless the best he could when he felt a small tug on his sleeve and looked down at Mora. He was concerned that she wanted to go ahead to open the door when no one else was offering to go with her, that being said they didn't have much choice. "Well alright kid, but watch your own back too. I will do my best." Cerdic assured her, taking up a more defensive stance between Mora and the heartless, praying that she would get the hatch open quickly. At first it sounded like nothing was happening, and soon Cerdic was being over run by heartless. He did his best not to let any get past him, but that was at the expense of his own well being. There was a slight glare being given towards the others that were not offering help. He might have been cautious about many things, to the extreme, but he did not hesitate to help someone in need.

Finally he heard the words from Mora and shook off the heartless, letting her take lead. Cerdic didn't look back to see if the others were coming, they weren't helping anyways. As they climbed down the ladder however, Cerdic spotted something strange going on in the distance. He saw a few figures, some on the ground. Cerdic looked concerned as he reached the bottom where the figures were out of sight for the time being.
    "Something seems off. I am going to check it out. Stay back and hide kid until I see if it is safe." Cerdic told her before creeping forward heading towards where he saw the people but trying to stay hidden at the same time.

8. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

As they were just left to their own devices with what little freedom they had in their restraints, all Alder could do was talk to Aevum. Though their didn't seem much they could talk about given his poor memory. Unless they wanted to chat about the underground weather. That wouldn't be interesting at all. Ria was still in sight and it angered Alder that there was nothing he could do to stop that thing from going about masquerading as them.

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

upload_2017-5-30_21-59-39.png

So that's how it was, huh? To be so easily be dragged into this mess simply because of the majority vote? Nothing was different between then and now it seemed: His voice was little more than just background noise to these people. Was it too late for him to find some other ragtag group of adventurers?

Well it was, but... was it really?

Slicing through a heartless as Cerdic ran off he wondered...

Was it?

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Fighting off the heartless was easy enough, since, well, Daeni was used to it by now. When the girl that Cerdic was guarding spoke up about some kind of escape hatch, Daeni's ears perked towards their conversation. She looked and nodded before rushing at a few heartless and dealing with them. She made enough of a commotion to keep them of of Cerdic and the others that she barely noticed Cerdic had slipped down into the passageway. Daeni took Relli's hand and carefully guided them through the mass of heartless before letting them go down first. She then followed and landed beside Cerdic, noticing he was trying to be quiet. She ducked down and stayed back, watching him creep forward.

11. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Head still fuzzy, the bleak colors of the world still float in and out of Relli's vision. The only grounding they can find is Daeni's hand in their's, and the solid ground beneath their feet.

They feel Daeni push them down slightly, and the young prince feels out in front of them to find the cold metal of what they vaguely recognize as a ladder. Were they... going down the ladder? Best hope so, because Relli slowly climbs down, still nearly blind, and then sits at the bottom to wait for what will come next.

12. cstar stay away from my waifu

Ria heard the noises of the welcome intruders and vanished quickly into darkness, as if to hide. Not really paying attention to Alder and Chrono at that point. Once he had, the darkness almost encouraged Cerdic to try and come closer, as well as the rest of them.

Mora had stared at Chrys, watching him fight, and knew she didn't have time to a slowpoke. She shifted to go into the ladder and slammed the trapdoor down, leaving Chrys alone with the heartless. She slid on down the ladder with practice, getting down to the rest of the group fairly quickly but staying in the shadows so Alder and Chrono could not see her.

Marley looked out a little bit behind Cerdic's shoulder and said,
    "Hey... it looks like Alder, Chrono, and Kara are having fun." they said it pretty loud too, so the words echoed towards the other three.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The others were slowly following it seemed. Some were closer than others, but the girl wasn't following him, so that was good. She would be safe while he investigated what was up ahead. As Cerdic crept forward, he looked around a corner to spot Alder, Chrono and Kara, just as Marley peaked over his shoulder and said as much. "Shut up." He hissed at the he-she behind him. Shaking his head he figured that his cover was already blown and stopped hiding. "If we get attacked it is your fault for throwing caution out the window, I hope you know that." Cerdic sounded annoyed and a little uncomfortable because of this. With nothing else he could do, he stepped out and approached the circle that surrounded the three.

Getting closer he wondered why no one moved out of it, except that Kara was asleep and something seemed to be wrong. Cerdic stayed well back from the circle, not taking any chances with it.
    "What is going on here? What is this thing?" He tried to ask the group in the circle, before testing it by throwing a small pebble into it to see what would happen with it. "What happened to Kara? Is it true that the others are dead?" Cerdic continued to ask, sounding more and more frustrated as time went on, scared even. "I bet Ria did this. Where are they? I have a bone to pick with them, and then I need to find this Aevum person." Cerdic declared seeming to have something against both people.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

With Ria now gone and Kara still sleeping, there wasn't a whole lot for Chrono to do at the moment. Talking to Alder was an option and if not for all that had occurred prior, he might've done just that. As of right now however he did not have much to say to the only other person who happened to be awake right now.

First he had heard Marley's voice, next he saw the group surprisingly being lead by Cerdic of all people. Chrys was missing from said group, hopefully a sign of him just lagging behind. Then came the onslaught of questions from Cerdic, some he did know the answers to and some he didn't quite know how to answer. Chrono held up his hand in which four of his fingers were outstretched.
    "Dunno, some dark circle that's keeping us stuck here, she collapsed and has been stuck like that and yes, Chole and Xen are dead." There was a slight paused as he gave the final answer, the scene in which they had died came rushing back to him. Each finger went down as each answer was given and nothing was said when Cerdic had brought up Aevum. "They vanished into the shadows, probably watching from someplace near."

15. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

Chrys gave a slight jump as the hatch slammed closed behind him. He turned only briefly to see that indeed that was the case before turning back to fight the heartless. Did they really leave him behind? Just like that, were they really so-

No, wait... that girl could she have been the one to shut the hatch?

Why though? He questioned himself as he sliced a shadow in two. Was she merely a coward unwilling to try getting everyone to safety so long as she herself was endangered? Or... was this all some... elaborate trap?

What should he do?

On one hand, if they were ambushed, his presence could be the deciding factor, but... what if it was a far more elaborate ruse, and merely getting them down the hatch was enough to ensnare them. His presence would mean nothing at all. But then, they pretty much already acted like he wasn't there about eighty percent of the time. He was seriously considering just investigating on his own at this point... but he couldn't just leave them to the mercy of a possible trap.

A heartless lunged for his face, only to be bashed aside: Whatever he did, he would have to do it soon, or he would be overrun by heartless.

Perhaps merely observing for now would be the best course of action?

With this in mind, Chrys cast a gravity spell to clear a path before running a bit further from the hatch. His first goal would be to find nearby cover from the heartless.

16. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"That girl...Mora. She was working with Ria to save her family." Alder sighed. "I knew something was off about her but before I could warn her against anything Kara activated this trap." Alder made no reaction to the name Aevum. There was no point in having Cerdic pick a fight with Chrono while they were trapped and given what Cerdic said about him it was obvious that the other group had found some information of their own. Alder looked past Cerdic to see Relli not far beyond. He let out a sigh of relief that someone he knew made it back alive.

"I hate to admit it but it's going to take more firepower than any one person to bring down Ria." Alder muttered thinking back to the time Ria just took a heavy swing from him and kept standing. Now that he thought about it, being made up of so much darkness from multiple sources would likely grant that kind of power but there was still the unanswered question as to the finer details of what Ria was.

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Daeni finally reached Cerdic and saw Alder and Chrono stuck in some circle with a knocked out Kara. "what...happened?" she sort of mumbled, looking to Alder and blinking.

"Oh!" she went, tugging Relli gently forward. "Do you know what's wrong with Relli? They don't...they won't make any reaction and I've been having to pull em along for a little bit now. I've kept them safe, though. I promise." she said to Alder, but she still had her doubts of what he'd think of this mess. After all, he'll probably chew her out if there's one little hair out of place on Relli's head.

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    So two were dead, Ria wasn't lying. Cedric sighed, running a hand through his hair as he looked and assessed the situation in front of him. It didn't look good and Cerdic didn't know if he could find a way to get them out of it. "We need to find a way to break this circle, I won't dare get to close to it, There is no use me getting stuck too. Try and wake Kara up. I am going to look around to see if theree is a way to get you out." Cedric told them as he stepped back away. He did not connect that More was the same girl that had come to him looking for help, and since he asked her to wait behind, he was not all that worried. Daeni and Relli arrived which Cerdic didn't care for one way or the other, since the girl wasn't with them h just assumed that Chris stayed back to protect her.

Searching around, Cedric examined any and ever hard surface and around ever corner. His keyblade was held tight in his hand. there had to be something or someone controlling that circle. Perhaps if he found the source of its power then he could turn it off. As it stood he didn't dare get too close or just try any idea that popped in his head, not when it could harm him, or them. A small part of Cerdic cared what happened to them, even the dog. He had to find a way to help.

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

As the group went towards the circle, Marley had also joined keyblade in hand and skirted the edge looking for something to help. They moved on over towards Kara and said, "Hey, this isn't the time to sleep, wake u-"

Just as Marley was about to finish, Mora quickly ran up out of the shadows and shoved Marley into the circle. Marley was quickly wrapped into it similarly to how the other three were. Mora had not accounted for how much space she had between the circle and the safe ground. She moved to try and run away, so none of the others could come after her for doing that. But her leg had crossed the circle and was wrapped in the same darkness that wrapped the others, and it tried pulling her in more. Mora was freaking out and trying to pull away from it and the struggling made her weak.

A laugh echoed briefly before Ria appeared on the roof of one of the houses, keyblade in hand in case someone managed to get up to them and attack,
    "Thank you Mora for your help."
    "Let me out of this!" Mora looked scared, "We had a deal! I got the people you wanted, now let me and my village free."
    "I'll free the village, that's no problem. But I can't release the traps until you five are disposed of."
    "F-five?" Mora looked confused and then scared as she realized, "Wait, I thought we-"
    "I never agreed to let you go, Mora. You know far too much for me to keep you around. Besides, your village will still be spared, I just need someone for this who was previously not involved in our little experiment." Ria grinned a little bit before looking at the rest.

"And hello to all of you. I have a deal for the three of you in here not in the trap. I'll let you three go, no tricks, no mess. I'll let you three leave this world and let you live a longer life. But there's only one condition... and it's a similar offer to what I said before."
    Ria began to propose to them.

Marley struggled a little bit in their trap. Looking around for some form of help. The closest one to them was Daeni, and they began reaching on out over to them.

"Give me that journal. Unless of course, Marley has it." Ria reached their hand towards the darkness and it swirled a little more, he moved his hand to Marley and tightened their fist. Marley began to start making a strangled noise. Struggling a little as if trying to free themselves from the darkness that took hold over them. Their hand that was reached towards Daeni immediately moving back towards their neck. Ria focused a little more and said, "Nope... not Marley." they released slightly and Marley took a gasp of air and looked tired.

Ria looked back at the group and said
    , "One of you... wait..." Ria's eyes widened a little before asking, "Where's Chrys?" Ria suddenly looked angry and said, "ANOTHER COMPLICATION!" the fist tightened more and Marley started to make the noises again and Ria shouted, "Is this YOUR doing?! Did you set this up in case I did something JUST LIKE THIS?" Marley had no idea what he was talking about but the air was leaving them before saying, "You're not going to be a complication for me anymore, I'm sick of you ruining EVERYTHING!"

Marley barely managed to speak out,
    "I-I don't.... know what... you're rambling... a.... about but.... I'm not... gonna...." Marley was losing air and consciousness before saying, "Let... yoU...." Marley managed to break out a little from the darkness grasp and his keyblade appeared in his hand. Ria's eyes widened as they shouted, "WHAT?!"

Marley pointed it at Ria and managed out as light shined from the keyblade,
    "W-win..." and the key shot straight at Ria and knocked him powerfully off the roof. Ria went flying and Marley dropped their keyblade and looked over at Daeni weakly before Marley managed out at barely a whisper, "...broken..." before the darkness let Marley go completely and they fell. Their body disappearing into sparkles of light.

At precisely that moment, Mora shouted
    , "The... there are shards that look like crystals... there's five of them powering-" Mora felt darkness wrap around her throat too, beginning to strangle her as Ria reappeared on the roof, looking quite off balance as they said, "My offer, still stands. You three will survive if you give me the journal, or tell me who has it. Then you can go..."

---

The village still contains quite a bit of heartless, but there's a particular spot that the heartless seem to be avoiding. It's a tiny little house, and while Chrys does not know it, it happens to be the house that Mora had been hiding in before she began starting trouble. Perhaps, Ria put an order to not attack in that area. Maybe its a convenience the gods above made up because they never intended for people to stay with the heartless so there's no plot for you to participate in. Who knows. You can do whatever character development you want, or just... not post until after the others' event.

20. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Daeni gasped when she heard Mora run forward and shove Marley into the darkness. Daeni almost reached forward, but she stopped when she noticed Mora was now caught. Daeni turned back to see Ria proposing something to the three that weren't currently captured. Thinking about it, Daeni looked at her party and shook her head. She then slid a little closer to Cerdic and whispered, "I don't want this." she said, glancing back to Marley to see darkness strangling them. "Marley!" Daeni called out, tears filling her eyes as she watched Marley struggle.

"Stop it! Don't do it!" she begged Ria, but there was nothing she could do. Daeni watched Marley shoot Ria with light. She reached for the part of Marley that broke free of the darkness and tried to grab them, but by then, Marley disappeared into specks of light. She gripped her fist and fell to her knees, starting to cry. Then, her head started to throb as...visions started to appear in her head. Wait, maybe they're more like memories? Either way, they were flashing before Daeni's eyes and she couldn't make any sense of them.

Her head felt like it was about to explode as she felt a sweet release for a moment. She saw a figure and....no....it...it couldn't be. Tears started to flow down her face again as she started to cry out, trying to say words and make sense of what was happening. Or at least, of what had happened. Either way, whatever the figure was holding, it caused the memories to suddenly stop and Daeni gasped out, falling backwards and staring into the sky. She tried to talk again and again. Calling for Relli in her head, but she still couldn't make the come together and make even a coherent sentence.

She finally spoke up loud enough. "It..does this happen and...my...face....head....body...dark....exploding....C....C....cauliflower...???" she stopped and blinked and started to feel tears again as she then remembered Marley and couldn't help whimpering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.