Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Dentro, confident in his armor's protection, only attempted to dodge a few of Qamar's attacks up until he felt a sharp pain in his chest. His armor had actually been cracked. He growled and dropped his own keyblade to grip Qamar's with both his hands. Dentro growled angrily and glared at the girl as he began to pry the blade out from his armor. "No. You. DON'T!" He shouted at the top of his lungs before clenching his left fist and ramming it into Qamar's gut with enough force to push her away from him.

"You'll pay for that you bit–" The ground shook again and a new fissure began to rip open behind Dentro. He regained his footing and picked his keyblade up again. The words Tinarah spoke went in one ear and out the other because of his sheer rage. This had become personal. He wanted Qamar dead. He wanted them all dead. "I'm going to kill you, then her," he motioned towards Tinarah, "then everyone with any shred of darkness in them!" As his voice continued rise furiously black streams of darkness began to rise and pour out from the cracks in his armor.

There was another earthquake which threw him off balance, making him stumble back. The ground beneath him began to give way to his weight and started to crumble. Before he could even act, before he could even speak, the Chaser began to plummet immediately after his footing collapsed underneath him. Dentro vanished into the darkness of the void below.

[​IMG]

Koa deactivated his armor and desummoned his keyblade after having knocked Illiana out. His heart felt hollow in doing such an act and he immediately regretted having gone to such great lengths to bring her with him. He stepped closer to her, unsure if he could go through with taking her with him but stopped to stare at the locket in her hand.

Before he could reach for it one of Illiana's friends came to step in between them forcing him to reactivate his armor and go into a defensive stance. The other keybladers were weakened so the mission could still go on...that was, until he heard Dentro's outburst and turned to watch as things went horribly wrong in a matter of seconds. "Dentro! No!" There was never any way for Koa to reach him in time and he could do nothing to but watch as Dentro fell into the abyss.

"Damn!" He looked over at Chrys and shouted, "We need to fall back!"

[​IMG]

Torrin's eyes opened again and he found himself surrounded by a black void. "...Am I dead? No...no...I don't feel dead. How did I end up in the Realm of Sleep?" His voice echoed in forever in the abyss until it faded to nothing. He floated around in the vast empty space unsure of what had happened but with the vague memory that something had gone wrong. Torrin reached out with all his senses for something to hang on to, something to anchor him back into reality. He refused to stay down and become helpless.

S
    lowly the world around him began to take shape. Dark gray clouds began to form. The sky remained dark, nearly black, but now he felt some sense of direction coming to him. At the floor was bright shining light, the only thing keeping this world from going dark again. Torrin tried to move towards it but found that he could not move from his position. He had control over his body but nothing to propel him towards the light. He summoned his keyblade, surprised that it came to him, and transformed it into a glider. He flew down towards the light.

He knew he was moving but even as he sped up it felt like he was not growing any closer to the light at the bottom of the world. Torrin cursed under his breath. Just then, the light began to flicker and a heavy weight overcame the air in the world as if the oxygen was being forced out of his lungs. He took deeper breaths but it hardly helped. Only now did he feel like the light was growing closer. It was Aria. The light was Aria. Some...dark creature of some kind was top of her, strangling the life from her. Somehow, he had managed to cross over into her dreams. If she died here, not only would she perish in the waking world but so would he.

The keyblade transformed back into its normal form. Torrin dove down and cut at the dark creature's head right as he landed right beside Aria.

2. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana continued to float in the void that was her sub-conscious. She opened her eyes and saw a green light shine slightly. Before she knew it, she had slowly opened her eyes and saw Chrono in front of her as well as Dentro fall into the chasm. She lifted her head to see Koa start to fall back. She reached out her hand toward Koa while she tried to call out to him. "K-koa.....D-don't go..." She tried to reach out for her brother as far as her strength could take her. However, the deep wounds in her shoulder and side continued to diminish her strength. Koa.. Don't go.... Please wait.....Illiana slowly stood up, holding her locket in one hand and reaching out to her brother with the other hand. The pain was becoming too much for her to bare. She tried to call out to him again. "Koa!....Please!! Don't go!!" Tears started to spring forth from her eyes again. She collapsed again as the pain grew more and more intense. Her blood continued to slowly spill forth from her wounds. She tried to lift her head and reach for Koa once more before dropping her back to the ground. "Don't......go......Don't....leave me....again....." With her eyes closed, she spoke out with what little strength she had left. The locket fell out of her hands and skidded just a few inches away from her. The emptiness she felt around her before had surrounded her once more. The void she was floating had reappeared. Illiana once again floated through the void. Alone again.....Why......Why Koa? Why do you have to go again?...... Several tears escaped her eyes as she laid there on the ground once again.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

As soon as the heartless disappeared, Take took only a moment to breathe, looking up out the window towards the sky and seeing the red eyes still there... and seeing smoke in the distance. Take quickly ran outside to look for Thallasa, unsure if all the heartless disappeared and she wasn't still out fighting. Thallasa's keyblade was planted in the ground beside her, the woman hunched over attempting to catch her breath. She was bruised and cut up but showed no signs of any major injury. "Takehiko?" She spoke, her voice now able to be heard normally. "You did it. Good work." She stood upright. "Even something as powerful as that will be forced back." She added, eyeing the beast above the clouds.

Take looked up and nodded a bit and looked to try and find Torrin's glider, but at this point it was gone. He remembered Torrin mentioning being able to fight without a keyblade but perhaps towards the end it got worse. But then when he looked out towards where Torrin and Aria were last, he realized that's where some of the really big damage was. The boy's eyes widened as he said,
    "No..." he looked back towards Thallasa and said, "Aria and Torrin were over that way." there was a shaky nervousness to his voice that he was trying to hide behind the monotone, but was failing. Thallasa's eyes widened when she heard Takehiko's words. She looked back upon the destruction left behind by the beast's last attack, doubting anything could have survived such a blast. "Are you certain?" She spoke with urgency, picking up her keyblade. "Yes." he looked back at her and said, "Cause I came from that direction."

There was another violent earthquake that caused Thallasa to stumble. Up above the beast began to fade away and vanish from sight. The woman had no time to feel any sense of relief and immediately turned her keyblade into a glider. "Alright. Let's go!" Take nodded and quickly got onto the glider with her once it was ready and they took off. Thallasa spared not a single second as she sped towards the last location Takehiko had seen Aria and Torrin at. She did not have to look hard as the smoking remains debris and a massive crater surrounded by melted cars and ruined buildings gave their position away immediately. At the epicenter were two bodies huddled together. Aria and Torrin. "Oh no..."

She brought them down to land and immediately went to the two. Torrin's costume had completely burnt away at the arms leaving red skin all the way up to his elbows. She didn't check to see if he had other injuries as her attention immediately went to Aria who appeared to be...actively suffocating. "Gero told me of this...we need to wake her!"

Take looked between the two, but his eyes stared at Torrin's arms. The way everything was burnt, the damage around them, it was causing Take to remember his last battle with the dragons. He could swear there was a part of him that could imagine them screaming. He moved to try and rub his wrist, but he still couldn't feel it. Frustrated at being unable to calm himself down, he gave up on that and looked to Thallasa when she mentioned waking up Aria, he moved quickly to her and shook Aria saying,
    "Aria? Aria! You've gotta wake up!"

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]

The head of the creature rolled off, yet a monstrous howl could be heard still. Aria was released and she gasped out weakly. The monster was off of her, turning to face Torrin without its head. It was in rage and shrieked at Torrin as dark swirls emitted off of it.

Torrin was suddenly brought into another vision of sorts, making it hard to focus on the current situation on hand. Just like in the world of heroes, there were heartless attacking everywhere. Civilians were running and screaming, being pounced on by the various creatures and having their hearts ripped away from them. This only caused them to turn into more dark creatures, which seemed to overwhelm the streets.

I was here before she was born...

The vision flashed to a woman heavy with child, trying to run with the rest of the survivors. She dressed in a fine, yet simple green dress with gold threads sewn in a floral design around the trimmings. She was suddenly blasted with a dark blast and screamed out as she collided heavily to the ground.

I could not dwell in her heart....

A man called out to the woman, possibly her name. He was dressed in royal attire and fell to his knees beside her. She was clutching her stomach, becoming pale with the pain as her eyes closed tightly together.

But there was another place I could be...

"Someone help me!" The man yelled out. Despite the dangers hanging around the couple, a few people stopped and turned back around, quickly forming a human chair of sorts with their arms and helped the ailing mother-to-be up from the ground.

And I had stayed here all this time...

The vision flashed to where the woman was now laying on a make-shift cot in a crudely set up tent. She was screaming in agony, and then her head fell back on the pillow as someone dabbed her head with a cloth. "It's too soon!" she gasped out weakly. "It's too soon..."

"
    You're going to die, and this child is going to die if she doesn't come now. It's going to be alright. You can do this. Come on, a little more!"

And I have grown...

Soon there was a cry of a baby, wailing at the top of her lungs. The new mother was exhausted, yet she was still conscious and crying silent tears. "Aria..." she whispered. Someone was beside her to help her hold her newborn, still whimpering and letting out softer cries. The child instantly grew quiet though when she was placed in her mother's arms, and the mother closed her eyes with a tired smile on her face.

Fool... You think you can come in here and be rid of me so easily...?

The vision faded, and the monster was gathering its strength after a hard hit. Its head reformed back on its body and it opened its mouth, showing rows and rows of sharp teeth.

As soon as she dies, then I will be reborn into the world... And the Light will be mine...

The dark creature then turned its head creepily at Torrin. There was a silent pause, and then it suddenly lunged at Torrin, ready to try to rip him to shreds with its long claws and try to be rid of this intruder in its realm.

Torrin was confused as to what he was seeing. His sight blurred yet he could see clearly...but not what he wanted to see right before him. Instead, his eyes beheld another scenario entirely while the creature spoke in a raspy inhuman growl over where it had come from. By the end of the vision, when a woman it followed called out the name of her baby, he realized what he had just witnessed. His eyes widened in shock. This thing had lingered in some part of Aria from the day she was born. It made him sick and disturbed him how this parasite could have lasted there so long.

How had I not sensed what this was earlier? He had felt it in her before when he first saw the scratches and bruises it left but it was only now that he could feel the true danger it posed to Aria and to everyone else should it escape. "No!" He shouted, drawing his keyblade to stop its claws dead in their tracks. "You're not taking her! You're going to be nothing but a bad memory!" Torrin jumped back and extended his keyblade into a halberd and used the polearm to stab at the creature, taking advantage of the weapon's reach to keep out of its claws. "The only thing that's yours is your own destruction!" Torrin spun the polearm to use the axehead in an attempt to cleave the thing in half across the waist.

The creature screamed in pain as it was stabbed. It looked around quickly, and then smirked through the pain.

Is that so...?

Dark wisps suddenly shot out from the creature, wrapping around Aria's wrists, waist, and legs. It zoomed back away from Torrin's attack, holding the girl in front of him like a shield. The blade barely grazed her uniform, slicing it and leaving a slight cut on her stomach.

Aria whimpered out in pain, but couldn't do more than that. Her energy was drained, and her literal heart was frail from the attack she endured earlier. Her head was hanging down with her hair in front of her face, too weak to move or fight.

In the waking world, her actual uniform was still intact, yet a crimson liquid began to soak through where a small cut had appeared. Take had just knelt by her when this happened.

This is my realm you're in, boy... Better step lightly.

"What!? Damn you!" His hands shook on seeing Aria hurt by his own hand. The keyblade vanished from his hands realizing that this was a losing battle. He couldn't destroy the creature here and even if he could it would never let him do it without killing Aria first. The only way to stop it was...

"You need to wake up! That's the only way this is going to end!" He shouted in desperation. "Concentrate on getting out of here. This is just a dream and you have the power to leave. I know you can do this Aria!"

Aria whimpered and hardly moved as Torrin spoke to her. She was so tired and so drained by this point. Everything felt heavy and slow. It was then she heard another familiar voice calling out to her from somewhere far away.

"Aria! You've gotta wake up!"

T-Take...?

The darkness went over Aria’s nose now, blocking her airway once more. She felt that familiar feeling of dread like this was going to be the last time she was alive.

You will never escape me, it seethed. Even if you wake up, I will still be here... waiting for you.

Aria suddenly felt a force grabbing her by the shoulders and practically pulling her out of the nightmare. The creature scream shrilly as it was forced to release her. She felt herself starting to float upward and cracked open her eyes to see herself going towards a welcoming light. As she was coming near it, Take’s voice was becoming louder and more clearer. Torrin at this point would be awaken from the dream as well.

Aria suddenly opened her eyes and gasped out, coughing pathetically as she was trying to get air in her lungs. She relaxed back against the pavement, breathing shallowly as she tried to keep her eyes opened and focused on the boy hovering over her. “Take......” Her voice sounded strained and cracked slightly from exhaustion. There were bruises that were beginning to appear on her neck, there to remind her how real the experience she just went through was.

5. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Torrin's eyes shot open. He began to groaned in pain and opened his eyes to see a sky that was beginning to clear as light began to return to the world. He looked over, faintly hearing voices beside him to see both Thallasa and Take there. His eyes darted around to search for Aria, finding her right there with him having just awoken. "She's safe...good..." He rested his head back as the rest of the sense of feeling began to return to him. His arms stung and burned like they were on fire. He tried to lift them but failed. Turning his head slightly he grimaced at the sight of his arms and let out a sigh. He was too tired to move. "I'm sorry..." Through the relief he felt on seeing Aria still alive he still remembered how he hurt her. Guilt rose up as reminders of how he continued to hurt and fail those around him surfaced. Nora, Boreas, those he trained with in this realm, Mika, Tinarah, and now Aria. The only thing that kept him from spiraling that particular rabbit hole was the fact that the world had been saved despite all of his doubts.

"Either of you mind casting a spell to patch her up?" Almost immediately as he spoke Thallasa raised her keyblade and complied though her spell encompassed him as well though it did little more than sooth his sore muscles enough to allow him to sit up. "You holding up, Aria? And you, Take?"

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

There was a wave of relief felt when they woke up, and once Thallasa healed the two, he was a lot calmer about it. When Torrin asked how he was holding up, he forced a slightly smile as he said, "I'm alright." it was a lie though, but he didn't know if he was bad or good at it. He stared at Torrin's arms again and shifted to look in his bag and he pulled out a potion that was a red color and held it out towards Torrin, "Here. It's a burn healing potion... it's... not going to make it go away immediately, but it'll help with the pain and healing up at least..." he looked at the potion a bit before looking at the two, "So was the explosion from the red eyed thing? Are you both holding up okay? Anything broken?" his worry began to return to his voice, but he caught it in time in order to take a deep breath and revert back towards the monotone.

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria felt some relief wash over her as a healing spell was cast on her. It still didn't help with how tired she felt. She felt like the life was zapped out of her and her eyes flickered shut, only to force them open again. She heard Torrin's voice and she was glad knowing that he was safe from harm and had actually survived the blast. Aria tried to sit up, only to wince and seethe out in pain between her teeth and laid back down. Her stomach was stinging badly underneath her costume and she placed her hands over the place where it hurt to try to soothe it. She then barely remembered the nightmare, how Torrin tried to save her with his keyblade, only for her to be used as a shield against the dark creature and her to receive the blow instead. She didn't blame him though, not for one second. It was an unpredictable, tight situation to be in.

"
    I'm not... dead..." Aria replied through gritted teeth as she took in quick, short breaths of air to not hurt anything else. She hated to be in pain and weak in front of everyone, but it couldn't be helped. "I'm really.... tired.... and sore....." Red was showing through her uniform and leaking just a bit on her hands. It could have been much worse had not the cure spell been cast on her. "I'm really glad to see... all of you..." She smiled weakly at Take, only to grimace and shudder as she curled up on the ground. It was a miracle they actually survived the explosion at all. She wondered if it was thanks to the cursed bracelet, or something else she didn't understand. "Wh-where's everyone else...?"

8. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    [​IMG]
    The earth gave a slight shudder. Shaken slightly, Glyde might have fallen over if not for his embattled stance maintaining his balance. Within the moment that followed, a sense of relief washed over him: the Heartless began fleeing, or so it seemed, descending back into the pools of Darkness from which they had risen up. Not long after, the clouds that had hung over the city began to part, giving way to a refreshed sunlight. "Phew." Glyde wiped a puddle of sweat his forehead. Though he had felt a bit of a chill throughout the fighting, he had somehow managed to heat up now that it had subsided. "Doesn't get any easier, I suppose," he commented. "But maybe we just get better at dealing with it." He scanned around, seeing that his colleagues were still caught up in one affair or another.

"Maybe," he reiterated, setting his Keyblade's end to the ground. With definitive 'clinks' as his weapon struck against the concrete between each footfall, he departed from Boreas, shifting towards the happenings with the Qamar-Tinarah-Illiana-Chrono cluster a short distance away. He came to a halt somewhere between Chrono and a Illiana, the latter of whom was lying upon the ground in a bit of a state. Whatever it was that was eating at her, she wasn't her typical energized and blunt self. "Um..." Glyde began, sifting his head for words. "Illiana...? Not gonna pry. But whatever's the matter, I don't think much will get done about it from lying down. Trust me on that; I've tried it."

9. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Tinarah's attempts at making them stop were lost to Qamar. She continued to stab at Dentro, stopping when she found the boy was grabbing her keyblade. He delivered a gut punch that pushed her back, but she certainly wasn't going to get knocked out by something like that. She put her hand over her stomach and held it there a moment, a grin still across her face. "Didn't hurt at all." she remarked. She put her hand forward to beckon Dentro when the ground shook again. A fissure had formed behind the Chaser and was threatening to swallow him up. Dentro spoke of killing them all. Especially those with darkness in them. She laughed at him, seeing the darkness rising out of his armor.

"Better get rid of yourself then, boy!" she yelled to him. Before he could react to her, Dentro stumbled and fell back. Qamar ran forward, watching Dentro fall to what she assumed was his death. "Good riddance." she scoffed, turning to where Illiana had ran off to. Seemed like the other Chaser had taken notice of their dwindling numbers and was attempting to run with the last Chaser in the vicinity.

"Tinarah." Qamar said, looking towards the girl. "I'm taking you with me." She jumped over and put her arm around Tinarah's waist, picking the girl up and turning around. She then hopped around and made her way back Illiana and Chrono. On the way, she looked to Boreas. "Boreas! I'm heading to Illiana!" she called, taking a breather. "We gotta go find Torrin after this, I don't think this world is fixed yet." she calle again, hopping again. She finally reached Illiana and let Tinarah down. "Chrono, she's hurt." Qamar said. "I'll take care of Illiana."

Qamar then knelt down to her comrade. "I don't get why you'd hurt her...but if you ever get near her or any of my friends again, you'll end up like your friend. In a ravine." Qamar spoke,looking up at Koa. "And believe me, I'd quite enjoy that." she said with a grin. Looking down at Illiana, she saw the wounds Illiana had sustained. Taking off the cloth around her waist, Qamar pulled out what seemed to be a first aid kit of sorts. Inside she had a bottle that she started to pour on the wounds. It would sting and hurt, but it was cleaning the wounds. Qamar then applied a healing salve to the wounds, one that would aid in closing them up. Finally, she applied clean bandages as best as she could.

"Wake up, Illiana. You're too proud to just die to your foolish brother, right?" she called, trying to wake up the girl. She looked over and saw a locket gleaming in the little bit of light that was around. Qamar grabbed it and looked it over. "Is this yours?" she asked Illiana before she tried to open it.

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As she spoke, Tinarah could tell that her words weren't getting to either of them. Before things could get much worse the ground shook and Tinarah lost her footing, falling to the ground as she saw another fissure open up near Dentro. Of course something like this would only prove to provoke the boys rage as he went on to make a threat on Qamar's life, followed by her own. It would be so easy to take it right now, she was aware of that fact. There was little strength to fight back at this moment, or even defend herself really. It was game over for her if he had gone for her first, though he seemed content on killing Qamar. Closing her eyes and looking away, Tinarah couldn't bare to watch it anymore. She had done all that she could to keep the girl up and going, but she seemed to not be able to withstand a lot of damage, and Tinarah feared how much more of this she could take. He spoke about destroying everyone with darkness in their hearts as his own darkness filled him. She could only think of someone else who tried similar but the other way around "perhaps by removing your light I can remove that weakness." It had not proven for a very pleasant world. Tinarah knew well enough that having a balance of both was probably the most stable option. That being said Aria was fine and she was all light, but at the same time she seemed to be a target. And if there was only seven people with this true light, then the boy would have to kill everyone but the seven, something that wasn't really possible.

Before it could get much worse though the ground shook again, and Tinarah looked up just in time to see Dentro slipping back into the fissure.
    "A no!" She called out not thinking then realizing what she said. Tears started anew as she no longer saw the man. He might have been threatening to kill her, but this wasn't what Tinarah wanted, she didn't want anyone to die. She just wanted the needless violence to stop. Not even feeling safe to get back to her feet, Tinarah remained on the ground, curled slightly clutching at her stomach.

Soon after there was a voice, then Qamar was picking her up. Tinarah wrapped her arms around the girl and held on tight for support as she started to bring her away from the place were she just witnessed the second death in a few minutes. When they stopped for a moment by Boreas, Tinarah looked away. She still wasn't fond of the man and the way he was yelling commands at her earlier still had her a little shaken. She was scared if she spoke to him again he would only yell again. But quickly they moved and and Qamar set Tinarah down by Illiana.
    "Thank you." She said quietly to the girl before looking up. "And... Sorry. For the way I acted before. I was just.. hurt. I felt like you were trying to get in the way of the conversation I was having with Take and take all the credit. I.... I just get hurt too easily, so don't mind me." Tinarah tried her best to apologize as Qamar tried to bandage up Illiana. If there was only something she could do to help, but there was little left that she had the energy for.

Closing her eyes and just trying to relax a little bit, Tinarah realized she had not seen Aria and Take since Torrin took off with them. They had been the two she had become the closest with since returning and she began to worry. Forcing her eyes open again, she looked at her brother, trying to sit up a bit from where she was laying down.
    "Aria...and Take, where are they?" She didn't care as much for Torrin, though she supposed she should be asking that as well. It was hard still, considering him as an ally and not an enemy. Perhaps it was unfair to him, but it was something she couldn't just change, even if she wanted to. It would at least take time. "Are they alright?" She could only hope that they were safe and on their way back, but time would tell she supposed, she could barely walk enough at this point to go looking herself.

11. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

The world slowed to a near halt as one of their opponents fell to Dentro's blade. With Boreas having pushed himself back a distance, Chrys caught the sight full view. Her blood ran cold at it. It was clear from the shock on his face that the death of his target wasn't what he intended... or at least not that particular target. What on earth was he thinking? They weren't supposed to be killing anybody, regardless of their alignment. They could still be saved if they could just-

Her thought was cut short as she saw Boreas charging towards her. She barely had time to deflect the first blow but managed to continue to keep pace with him as his attacks accelerated. Meanwhile... Tinarah began monologuing. Maybe she should have been grateful that someone else wanted a peaceful solution, but she honestly felt more insulted than anything. For one thing, the girl continued to assume she knew their intents and purposes. As if Dentro's murder attempt had been scripted by them beforehand and they fell from the heavens planning for Chrys to say things that would later contradict their actions. Not that Dentro helped with that. He just brushed it off as if he meant to do it the whole time. What the heck was wrong with him? Koa wasn't really all that great at this either since about 90% of what he said sounded like it came from a victim of brainwashing, just as Illiana had implied.

Tinirah's second assumption seemed to be that Chasers thought of them as the villains. Chrys couldn't speak for the others, but she didn't personally think she had ever used terms like 'bad guy' or 'villain' to describe them. The single biggest problem here was that there needed to be 'bad guys' in the first place. Torrin seemed rather convinced that it needed to be them, and he wanted all of his friends to agree with him so that they wouldn't question him when he attempted to murder her on sight. They would even join in.

Another thing Dentro had been absolutely no help with.

Then she wrapped up her teary speech by saying that their attempts at fighting were not improving their circumstances with the other group and they couldn't have Aria. To be honest, if they had just let them take Aria after all this she would be more concerned than happy, but that was beside the point.

Did Tinirah really want to come to a peaceable solution? Or was she just throwing insults at Chrys since she was busy defending her life and couldn't really answer? What exactly was she supposed to do at this point? Lower her blade? Trade the mass of sparks from blocking for a blade nestled comfortably in her neck? How convenient a time for someone to suddenly care about peace.

It is at this point reader that I urge you to look away from the misfortune about to befall the Baud- I mean, Chasers. You can instead pretend that they decided Torrin's squad was right about everything just because they said so, and that they all teamed up to defeat the Light Chaser, who is totally the real villain. No seriously, don't question it. However, if you continue to indulge in this tragedy, you will face several realities that are harsh and 'cruel,' a word which here means "the author isn't going to switch sides and ditch his character development just because you keep pressuring him to."

The reality that Dentro was not the only one who had attempted murder.

The reality that the Light Chaser was far too cannonically overpowered.

The reality that everyone, Chaser and Wielder alike were incredibly wrong about something they were rather certain of.

The reality Chrysanthemum Light did not leave the Chasers that day.

You see, though Chrys acknowledged that the Light Chaser was something of a puppet master, it was her experience that the other sides leader was much the same. His attempt to murder mere seconds after meeting when combined with his rather 'for me it was Tuesday' attitude about the whole thing did not make her all that fond of team Torrin. In fact, she was against it, or perhaps more Torrin himself, rather vehemently. A word which here means 'Against team Torrin, or at least Torrin himself.'

Her decision was only cemented when Dentro died.

"Enough!" Chrys lowered her blade... and cast reflect. As Boreas blade sailed towards her, Chrys lost interest in whether or not the blade came any further or if the knight managed to stop it in time. Instead, she merely walked over to Koa, past Qamar to pull him away. She wanted to leave Tinirah with a definitive answer, but even though the world had stopped collapsing around them, it was still clearly not the time to talk. After all, if no one did any listening it wouldn't do much good. Qamar, on the other hand, seemed to think it was the perfect time to talk, inserting a rather boastful sounding comment about what had happened to Dentro. Chrys was rather quick to glare at her.

"If I were you, I'd watch my tongue a bit more carefully: One might think you don't even care that one of your own died today as well." Two deaths. Two deaths she would mourn silently as her enemies mocked her. "Even with Dentro being my friend, I can very easily admit he made some bad decisions, and it was those decisions that led to his death. It was Karma." Karma was a word that here meant 'A brutal death that was surprisingly not induced by a small reptilian creature with glowing yellow eyes and a large knife.'

"If you're not more careful, boasting as if you actually did something to cause his death, you might find that the universe... or the heartless, will be the ones dragging you down into the next ravine."

With that, Chrys turned and continued to walk away. She left only a few more parting words as she walked away, responding to Tinarah's question.

"Wherever Torrin and Aria are... I hope they're safer than we were."

None of them were safe from each other.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  12. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Boreas didn't let up in his attacks even as Chrysanteum matched his stride. He only paused for a moment when the red energy was building up, a third orb appeared in the skies and was sent crashing into the city in the back of his mind it clicked, the two red orbs that moved they were eyes there was a titanic creature here and it was attacking something in the direction Torrin had left in. The heartless started to disappear but the great beast was still there and the thunder continued to split the sky as sound gradually returned to them. He wasn't dead yet and thus the fight continued, Tinarah tried to reason with them but Boreas was beyond reasoning at this point. Another earthquake made Boreas' footing a little unstable but his constant attacking prevented Chrysanteum from exploiting the momentary weakness.

The sky was starting to clear, he heard his name being called but didn't pay too much attention to what was said to him as he was solely focused on his enemies, for they were yet left standing as was he so the fight was not yet over even when Koa seemed to want to retreat after losing on of their own. When Chrys called out enough and lowered her blade he did not stop as his blade crashed into the barrier around Chrysanteum and the flames followed the swing lashing the barrier like a whip the instant before it exploded outward to him pushing him back. The explosion from the barrier combined with his own fire blown back into his face hurt badly despite Boreas' attempt to shield his face. The aura of purple flames was still around him and his keyblade was still wreathed in flames as he took a deep breath to gather himself again only to see Chrysanteum walk away from the battle as if he didn't exist. Chrysanteum may have been done with Boreas, but he wasn't done yet with her.

Boreas charged after her, leaving small purple flames in his footsteps. The skin of his face was starting to turn red from the flames reflected back at him, visible between the black streaks of soot that smudged his face that grimaced in pain and rage. He lunged at her stabbing his blade to the side of her, then on the backswing he used the hook on his blade to hook Chrys' leg followed up with a strong shove from his shoulder to bring her to the ground. Freeing his blade he spun around fully intending to spin and swing his blade down onto her.

13. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Torrin blinked and took the potion from Take and winced on feeling his hand sting from touching it. He looked it over watching as its contents swished about inside. "Convenient." He mused as he began pouring the liquid over his arms feeling a cooling sensation run through them. "That actually feels a bit better, thanks." He struggled to stand up and took in a staggered breath, finding it difficult to even breathe. "I've had worse." He spoke with a grunt while trying to stand up straight despite his body attempting to refuse him to stretch any of his muscles.

"This world is still infested with darkness. I can feel it." He stepped closer to Aria and bent down slightly to extend his hand towards hers. "Here. Let's get you out of this damn crater." He supposed that he should have been thankful that Aria's bracelet had protected them...or some kind of powerful light from within her, but it only worried him to think of what the consequences of this were. "Yeah...that explosion was from that thing. Pretty sure you caught a glimpse of it back on Eventide. It's only gotten stronger since then. Let's just get back to the others."

Before Boreas could land another blow on the downed Chrysanthemum, before Koa could even react to reach her side, the two Chasers disappeared in a brilliant flash of light. The two reappeared in the center of Eventide Town's park with the Light Chaser standing before the two with his arms folded, examining the two from under the black void of his hood.

[​IMG]

The Light Chaser held up a hand to silence the young keybladers before they could speak. "Before you ask, the intense darkness you two were present in prevented me from doing this sooner." He looked at the ground beside the two and shook his head slowly, exhaling in frustration. He knew that Dentro had been lost to the darkness. "The mission was a failure." He stated simply.

"Clearly those keybladers had proven too much trouble for just three of my students." The Light Chaser's voice had the slightest hint of disapproval in tone towards the two apprentices. The man stepped forward and looked down at Chrys and Koa, returning to his usual calm manner of speaking. "Now tell me, what exactly happened on that world?"

Illiana and Glyde gained 5 Levels!
    Chrono, Takehiko, and Aria gained 4 Levels!
    Chrysanthemum, Boreas, and Qamar gained 3 Levels!
    Torrin gained 1 Level!

Illiana, Chrono, Aria, Glyde, Chrysanthemum, Boreas, and Qamar gained a new Ability!
    Illiana, Tinarah, Chrono, Takehiko, Aria, Glyde and Boreas gained 1 new Spell!
    Illiana, Tinarah, Chrono, Takehiko, Aria, and Glyde gained 1 Spell Upgrade(up to -ra level)!

Claim your rewards in the OOC Thread.

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    The princess of heart opened one eye, turning the shadow that loomed over her. She offered a weak smile to Torrin and removed one of her hands from her stomach, taking his and pulling herself up. She winced and cried out a little as she pushed herself to stand, leaning heavily against Torrin and holding herself again. "I'm sorry," she gasped, feeling bad for being like this in front of the people that cared for her.

Her legs shook under her weight and her vision swam as she tried to adjust to the pain that radiate not only through her abdomen but her entire being. She hadn't felt this weak before and she took in quick, slow breaths to steady herself. After a moment, she looked over at Torrin, keeping one eye open as she grimaced through the pain. "
    I don't blame you at all," she mumbled just for him to hear. She was referring to what happened in the nightmare. She knew he didn't mean to hurt her like this, and she wasn't mad in the slightest. She smiled halfway and then winced, threatening to fall down to her knees again. She put her all into saving the two of them from certain death. At this point, she was pushing herself on the brink of total exhaustion to stay awake and upright.

15. Arch Mana Knight

From the sky two pages descended, the first landing in front of Tinarah and the second in falling within Thallasa's reach.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Torrin took in a deep breath and laughed quietly, wincing immediately after. "Seriously? You almost die and you apologize to me for no reason? Just lean on me and let me worry about the walking." He shook his head and slowly pulled Aria's arm around his shoulder, glancing down at her stomach where he had cut her in the Realm of Sleep when she had told him that she did not blame him. He lowered his eyes to the ground. "I do." He whispered.

"Let's go."

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Take didn't really know how to respond when Torrin mentioned it being convenient that he had that potion. Yeah, he sure hoped it was convenient, he was always prepared for burns just in case of a dragon attack, even if that wasn't an out-of-world worry. He had at least two more of these potions in his bag and he wouldn't dare be caught otherwise without them. But he ignored it as he saw the two struggle to stand. He cast cure quickly on the two of them, and planned to heal himself but he didn't seem to have enough in him for that much. He just went with it otherwise, and once they mentioned leaving, he was pretty much ready to head back to the others to make sure they were alright.

But as he was going to walk back towards the gliders, an old question returned to him and he stopped and turned towards Thallasa and Torrin and began,
    "That keyhole... it was cool to seal it and all but... why did you two need me specifically to do it?" he looked at the two masters curiously, but then a thought occurred to him. It wasn't because he had anything special about him, it was words that they used so Aria wouldn't run off, and he asked, "Is it because it was too dangerous a situation for Aria to go near, and you sent me because you wanted Torrin to stick with Aria while I headed into the fray? I mean, I know this whole crater thing happened but that wasn't expected or planned... so..."

He also thought about the possibility of the fact he could have possibly died there. Was it another moment of him being disposable? He didn't want to think that way, but there was a part of him that believed it so. He simply waited, hoping one of them would tell him rather than dance around it.

17. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Torrin glanced over at Thallasa to see if she would answer the question but she seemed to be preoccupied with the scrap of paper that drifted from the sky. "Uh..." He tugged on Aria to keep supporting her weight. "Yeah. Knew you could take care of yourself anyway." Torrin glanced at Aria and laughed nervously upon realizing how that sounded. "Not that you couldn't handle yourself. I saw your moves back there with Kefka just...um...yeah I'm gonna stop before I dig myself further into this hole."

After walking for a few minutes longer the four of them caught sight of the rest of the group.

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria felt another warmth of green light wash over her, which made her able to stand without shaking badly. She still leaned against Torrin for support, and then wrinkled her nose at him when he said he did in fact blame himself. "Stop that," she whispered to him. "I would smack you upside the head if I had enough energy right now." She grunted as they moved and clutched her abdomen tighter. "You're lucky," she said with a forced smirk.

She then listened to the questions and answered exchanged of why Take was sent to go and why Aria stayed behind. "
    N-no offense taken," Aria sighed out as she continued to use Torrin as a support as they moved out of the crater. "I already know my u-usual labels. I'm glad it was me and not you," she said to Take with a half-smile. "This bracelet thing kinda saved us..." And more, but she didn't understand the more part and didn't feel like trying to explain herself. She then felt the heat from Torrin's arms that it was strange and sort of hot and she glanced down at the one by his side. Her eyes widened and a small gasp escaped her lips. "Torrin, you're arms..." She then remembered he was the one who tried to block the blast in the first place before she stepped in. And what Take was saying earlier about the burn potion suddenly made sense now... "Thank you, for saving me back there I mean. To you as well," she mentioned to Take. Had he not been there to help her wake up, she didn't know what would have happened to her and Torrin in the Dream Realm.

Aria then fell back in silence as they trudged forward. She didn't want to walk anymore. Each step was a jarring pain in her side, and she felt like she could lay down and take a nap right then and there. Even with what had happened, and the ache in her neck, and especially the cut under her costume was a reminder of what could have been had she stayed unconscious. She nodded off by Torrin's side and jerked her head up, seeing that they were going to be reunited again. Everyone else looked rugged for the wear themselves. The Light Chasers were no where in sight. "
    Good, they're gone...." Aria mumbled again, tightening her hand around Torrin's shoulder a bit to keep herself up.

19. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana continued floating in her void. As much as she wanted to open her eyes, she wanted to continue floating in her void. She felt somewhat safe and comfortable in her own void. No pain, no suffering, no problems to worry about. Illiana had barely heard anyone speak while she was unconscious. All she had heard was mutter after mutter. She could barely even distinct who's voices belong to who. She moved her fingers slightly before her fingers laid back on the ground again. Her body had grew slightly colder than it usually was. She was unaware of the events that were transpiring outside and continued to hide away in her void. She didn't want to think about anything else or anyone else for that matter. She just wanted to float about, nothing would hurt her or bother her.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Around her was still chaos. Chrys had approached but Boreas still seemed ready to attack. Before he could there was a flash of light that had caused Tinarah to shield her eyes, then Chrys and Koa were gone. Tinarah couldn't help but stare at the place that the boy had been. "You know he was the one that took me to him." She whispered now that the conflict was done. She didn't know what to think about it all really at this point. She couldn't understand any of this. That being said she was becoming ever more sure that whatever the Light Chaser and his students were up to, it was not going to end up well, judging by Dentro.

As she laid on the ground she saw something out of the corner of her eye land by her. Pushing herself to a seated position she picked up what seemed to be a scrap of paper. Reading it over it didn't make much sense, but it also didn't seem complete.
    "Hey... no one happened to have found more of these?" Tinarah asked holding up the paper. Luckily enough for her Chrono had, and handed over what he had. Not everything was complete, but it did give a little more context to what she had. Reading it over, Tinarah gasped as she looked up to the others.

"These papers... the notes. I think... I recognize the story, I was there." She told them, it sounded odd to say but she was reading them over again. "This sounds... this sounds like exactly what happened after A saved me. His father... then his mother died protecting us, but the chasm spoken of here. He... he fell in and I made it across where I met Uncle Fost." Reading through the next page there was a mention of a Keyblade Master named Fost. "Is this... is this what happened to the real A?" Tinarah pondered out loud. It could be a coincidence, but it seemed too similar. "Chrono, do you mind if I hold on to these?"