Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

Episode Tinarah: Part 14
    Your Training Intensifies

[​IMG]
    Early that morning there came a knock at Tinarah's door. A dim light filtered through the windows. Dusk was as bright as it was going to get on this world. "Get ready." Torrin left a simple one-handed sword by her door. "You'll get fitted with some armor today too. But I think we have something already in your size."

Tinarah had still been in bed but was easily awoken by the knock on the door. Tinarah made quick work of getting ready, however still struggled a little bit with her new clothes, making sure the shirt was on right, and fretting over if it didn't fir well enough. After wasting too much time on this she grabbed the coat also given to her and slung it over her shoulder as she picked up the sword. She could put it on in a moment when they were getting ready to do something, but she didn't want to keep Torrin waiting any longer than she had to.

Tinarah emerged and followed Torrin. She shouldn't have been surprised that armour was involved, however she was never required to wear it in any other training, so to have to wear it now was odd.
    "Oh... Okay." Tinarah responded quietly. The conversation the previous night had Tinarah in an off mood again and she was struggling but making an effort to function like a regular person, or at least enough to start her training.

Torrin walked slowly, intending use the time to bring up something he thought about last night. "Adopting would be nice, to be honest. Though...there are some things they just wouldn't be able to inherit." He kept his eyes forward as he led her on. "But there were some names I liked. If I ever had a son I'd name him after my uncle, Joch. Or perhaps my father, Errin."

They soon reached the courtyard and the sounds of metal clashing against metal rang out in the distance due to the training exercises of his soldiers. Torrin kept walking until they reached a dirt circle outlined with rocks. Leaning against the nearby mansion wall were dulled swords set on a rack. Torrin picked one up and spun it in his hand. "If it were a girl...perhaps Emilee would suit her well. I understand that it's the name of your own mother, correct?"

Tinarah followed Torrin, the sound of the battle in the distance made her nervous. While she knew it was all just training, Tinarah also had not had to train alongside anyone else in a very long time. Her training had always been done with Stamatis in the solitude of the castle. No one was there to witness when she made a mistake or failed. This however was a different story.

Torrin spoke of their conversation the previous night, probably trying to be friendly and keep her from shutting out completely. Tinarah listened politely as they walked offering small nods as he explained... That was until he reached the name for a girl. Tinarah froze for a moment. She looked at Torrin at first surprised that he knew that, however then she remembered her brother was around, and likely spoke of it at some point. Tinarah hoped he wasn't in the mansion, she had been trying to avoid that subject for a while now.

"Yeah... It was. Though I don't know if you want to name your child after someone so whimsical and reckless as my mother." Tinarah said thinking to when her mother had sat her under a set of stairs, despite the blaring fire alarms and told her to wait until she returned... though she never did, Tinarah sooner found her brother sitting with her mothers corpse. It was just the start of people promising her things and then leaving her. And while Tinarah did love her mother, when she had a trait like that, she might not have been the ideal person to be naming your child after.

"Hm. Well Chrono never spoke much of her. Just about how you enjoyed his card tricks and this or that. He missed you a great deal." Torrin motioned towards Tinarah's sword. "Keep it raised, tip towards me." He instructed though he had a feeling she had some experience in this regard. He stepped into the circle, ready to spar though not making any advances.

"Do you resent your mother?" He questioned as he slowly began to circle Tinarah. "For being reckless? Or for something else?"

Tinarah had trained with a sword for a decent amount of time while trying to get her keyblade back, so she was no stranger to how it worked as got into fighting position, matching Torrin's steps.

"I don't.... I don't fully resent her... But the day she died, well it was the start of a lot of things wrong with me." Tinarah tried to explain, not quite sure how. "When I was little she left me under the stairs at an office building while fire alarms were going off. Soon the building was clear but she had not returned and I went looking. I found my brother hovering over her body trying to save her. I still get nightmares, and still don't understand why whatever she was searching for there was worth that danger. So in some ways I resent her, but I do love her. " Tinarah tried to explain before taking lead and advancing on the offense.

Torrin casually swatted Tinarah's sword away and pointed the tip of his sword at Tinarah's throat. "What kinds of things would you say are wrong with you?" Torrin asked before stepping back towards the edge of the circle to give the girl her space to form her next plan of attack. "Before I ever lost my family I had no confidence of my own. It was only until things looked their bleakest when I stepped up and rose to where I am. I may have grown colder because of it but I am stronger than I have ever been." Torrin motioned for Tinarah to come at him again.

Tinarah had thought she was doing well with her training, but the way she was casually swatted away made Tinarah question herself. However Torrin had more questions for her, questions that made her hesitate. "I um...." Tinarah wasn't sure she wanted to answer but finally she spoke more, lowering her sword as she did, at least for the time being. "I am so damn terrified every time someone leaves me, even for a short amount of time. All I can think of is how they are going to die... And they do! My mom did it. Then last time I saw Choma, he said it would be alright and he would be back... Next time I really heard of him again, he was dead. Master Stamatis and Uncle Fost promised I would be okay and they would see me in the future. They are gone too! When... When Chrono left to train I thought the same would happen to him, so I tried to follow. I can't get close to people anymore. The first time I tried since her death was with Stamatis and Fost and that back fired on me too!" It turned into more of a venting session rather than why her mom caused so many problems. "Sometimes I feel all she has taught me to do is hide while other people protect me. I don't know how to fight for myself. I am not strong like she was..." Tinarah expressed before raising her sword though she seemed less confident that before as she launched another attack on Torrin.

"Then why haven't you gotten angry about it? Why do you continue to look for ways to run? You seem to know exactly what the problem is yet you have done nothing. Are you going to stand there and continue to be the weak girl you have always been or are you going to do something about it?" He spoke, trying to get under her skin.

"You could be channeling that pain into something useful instead of using it as an excuse for your weaknesses." He began to approach her, stabbing at the air beside Tinarah's face almost grazing her with the edge of his sword before she would have even been able to react. "Why don't you fight? Prove to yourself that the sacrifices of everyone who came before you were not in vain!"

"I can't... I am not that kind of person. I am not the kind to get angry, I hate people getting angry." Tinarah continued trying to make excuses as he spoke. He continued to speak and she began to really hate the way he spoke to her, he seemed angry as he got closer to her and as she said she hated it. Tinarah took a step back and then another.

"I'm trying!" Tinarah attempted to defend herself as he stuck near her face and she was near ready to run from the ring. "Why do you think I offered to train! I am trying but I don't know how to just change who I am! My father was gentle, Master Stamatis was gentle, so am I! I can't just redirect anger that I don't have, or not in the form you seem to think it takes. So what do you want from me?!" Tinarah asked as she tried once more to strike him, trying to force Torrin back. With him being so close, trying to harm her, she couldn't take it. She had to at least do something.

Torrin tilted his head to the side and said nothing as Tinarah spoke first softly then she began to raise her voice. She lost her cool and struck at him again only for him to parry the blow just as quickly as he did the first time, stepping in closer to take hold of her right wrist with his free hand. He raised the sleeve of her sweater to reveal faded scars on her wrist. "And how did you get these? By accident? Or because you didn't have the power to defend yourself?" He pushed her back, releasing his grip on her wrist.

"Your teachers were wrong to be soft. Were the hardships you faced so kind to you? No. Of course not." His eyes narrowed at Tinarah. "No enemy will ever be soft on you. Somewhere within you is anger yet untapped. You do not know it but I see it in your eyes. So don't just sit there and wait for death. Seize your life!"

Torrin grabbed her wrist and Tinarah tried to yank back, however he was much stronger than she was. He pulled back her sleeve and she was left looking at the scars that remained from when Choma had to save her. "I was twelve. You know the first thing I asked Master Stamatis to train me in was? I asked to learn how to defend myself. It has been nearly six years and this is as far as I got. It isn't from lack of trying." Tears stung her eyes at Torrin continued to yell at her.

Finally something in Tinarah snapped, but it wasn't necessarily in the way that Torrin wanted.
    "I am not sitting there waiting for death.... I... I am seeking it. Look I know I am not strong, and I am useless. Maybe I should have died like Chrono wanted me to all those years ago, but I didn't. I don't think I can rebuild a life but I am not going to wait for death either, I will die doing something I can be proud of myself for doing." She retorted as the tears steamed down her face freely as she stepped back away from Torrin pulling her sleeve back over her wrist. "Are we done here?"

Torrin raised an eyebrow and smiled faintly on seeing Tinarah snap. "Good. It takes a certain kind of person to admit something like that. Don't sell yourself short, Tinarah. I'll have use of you yet." He held up his sword, yet again motioning for her to continue. He was not willing to just let her go and give up. "Stamatis likely could not have taught you anymore. It wasn't your failing, it was his. Some teaching styles simply aren't compatible with certain students. Tell me, was there any sudden progress you made when he attempted switching teaching styles? Surely he would have tried something had he seen you struggling."

Torrin smiled at her a second Tinarah hated it, hate the look of success on his face. It didn't feel like a win for her, simply and other large gash, a wound opening up in her heart, tormenting her more.

Any big change in style? Tinarah had to think, until she remembered when she got her keyblade. She was frightened to tell Torrin about it. That training session had scared her more than anything else she had done with him. She didn't want to go through it again, and yet... She didn't think she could lie.
    "y-yes... Just for the day though. After two and a half years I still couldn't summon my keyblade. He took me... We were close to the darkness, and he let the heartless attack, hurt me, until I was so desperate I would even fall back to my old ways and called for Chronos help to survive.... His keyblade came to me then and I have been forced to use it ever since." Tinarah admitted.

Torrin raised an eyebrow, intrigued by this story Tinarah had told him. "So you're not even using your own keyblade. That's unexpected." He scratched his chin and thought for a moment. "Perhaps going that far was a mistake but you never made any real progress by someone being soft on you." He spoke his thought aloud.

"Mikaela used to be as...squishy on the inside as you. Nearly as much. Time in a rough place and understanding the importance of a heavy hand lessened that weakness so that may be all you need. You will spar against me every morning, even if it means ignoring the pain of a few cuts and bruises, and you're going to spend the rest of your free time on patrol with my knights clearing out Heartless without the help of your keyblade." He paused for a moment. "I'm sorry for the pain I caused you but you're going to need to toughen up. Nothing around here is going to stop at leaving a few scratches on you. Just about everything and everyone left out there wants to kill you. Getting yourself killed in a stupid way is a dishonor to everyone who ever cared about you."

She knew she couldn't use her keyblade... But the thought of being without it. It scared her quite a bit. She was used to routine and hard work, Stamatis always gave her routine, but it was never fighting, he had her doing chores and tasks for him. Being on patrol... Being on patrol with complete strangers bothered her.

"I- I guess." She stammered feeling small under Torrins gaze. "But if I do it... Can you do me a favour? I just need to know..." she started asking. It was the say before Tinarah thought of Fost's own student. She hadn't the courage to hear the answer no, but she was walking into a situation which she didn't know if she would survive through, so perhaps she had to try. "Check that list for a master named Xine please. He should have been a master at least, he was Uncle Fost's student, when Master Stamatis was training me. If he isn't dead I want to talk to him." Tinarah blurted out with a surprising amount of confidence for her.

"Xine? That's a name I recognize. He's alive but...barely. He fell into a deep sleep after being wounded in battle. His condition is stable as far as I know but if you wish to see him, that can be easily arranged. It will have to wait until after the battle, however. We can't bring him here without harming him and we can't take you to him without drawing Heartless to the hospital he's at. Who knows? Perhaps by then he'll have awoken and fully recovered by then. But for now, you will need to train. And train hard."

"So even if we went to see him now... I can't talk to him?" Tinarah sounded disappointed. She clearly wanted to talk to him. "I guess it can wait then... but what about the thing he was supposed to be protecting. Master Stamatis said when the time came it would help bring balance between light and darkness. Isn't that what is needed now? Was Xine able to use it? Or perhaps Uncle Fost. I don't really know what it was, but it was apparently the reason that Fost was unable to train me and sent me to Stamatis." Tinarah continued on to try and explain what little she knew of the situation. "I just... I just need to know if Uncle Fost was okay when I didn't show up. If he was worried or if he had forgotten all about me... I am sorry. I just need to know." Tinarah argued, continuing to show just how soft she was, compared to how most people seemed around here. She wasn't nearly the fighter that she needed to be to help fight, and yet, still she wanted to try.

"I'm surprised you know of it. Whatever power it holds doesn't really matter right now. Xine was wounded before he could use it and I believe his last act before we found him was to hide it away. Perhaps for good measure. I don't know what kind of damage items of such power could do in the wrong hands. I'm sorry. Rest assured, he's in the best care. So please, get some rest. These next few weeks are going to be tough on you and you will need to be focusing on yourself more than anything else."

One month passes...

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Chrono never wanted to do that again. Falling was something that he did have a problem with and most of the time it was easy for him to work around that. Suddenly plunging towards a planet after being shot by a cannon was not one of those times, hence his tight grip on the boats sides that didn't let up for at least a few moment after they had crash landed. "Yes, thankfully."

When Jim grabbed the map and said map turned into Morph, Chrono was reminded of the same object that Take had gone after before they fell. The realization had caused a sigh, followed by him saying. "Take might already have the map. I saw him go after it before the pirates broke through." Great, not only did he have what the pirates were looking for, but there was seemingly no way for them to help from on this planet.

3. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana felt time stop as the boat had begun to drop. Captain Amelia had pulled on the sails to slow down their descent. Before Illiana could breathe, the boat had been shot with a cannon ball. She dropped to the floor of the boat as the boat began crashing down to the planet. As it skid along the dirt, Illiana closed her eyes shut and clenched her fists as she stayed closed to the ground. The boat came to a halt, sending Illiana off the boat and tumbling on the ground. She opened her eyes as she looked around her surroundings. She looked up to see Aria holding out a an hand toward her. "See? We're on land." She paused, smiling at her. "No more scary boat stuff for now." Illiana went silent for a few moments before standing up on her own. "Who said I was scared? Surely that was your imagination playing tricks." Illiana removed the dirt that had caught on her dress and opened up her umbrella before laying it on her right shoulder. "Just to clarify, tea is not my specialty. I'm not an expert." As the group was discussing the map, Illiana said nothing and just listened. The discussion continued as Illiana looked around her. "Before we continue this lovely discussion, how about we figure out where we are? Or better yet, how about we think about what we're going to do when it starts getting dark?" Illiana went silent once more.

4. Arch Mana Knight

"Take has the map? Is...is that a good thing?"

"Who's take?" The Doctor chimed in. "I'm sure those new friends of yours can handle themselves. That muscular fellow seemed like the rough sort to handle a pirate like Silver."

"No, no. It's pronounced Tah-kay."

"Oh? Takey."

"Tah-kay."

"Takey."

Jim rolled his eyes.

"Actually..."
    The Captain was able to stand up straight without showing signs of pain after Aria cast her spell on her. She tapped on her side, wincing but noticing that most of the pain had gone. "Why thank you. That does feel better." She nodded her head towards Aria. "Mister Hawkins, you and your friends scout ahead. The Doctor and I will see what we can salvage from the boat."

"Aye Captain." Jim led the way down past the stalks of the strange forest comprised of overgrown mushrooms and into the darker area covered by the thicket overhead. The deeper into the forest the greener the surroundings got, covered in foliage and tall grass that resembled seaweed more than grass. The rocks along the way were all covered in a thick moss and the ground was littered with smaller reddish brown mushrooms that made stepping through the area difficult.

Silver released his grip on Takehiko and snarled as he glared at the boy then at the Keyblade Master. "Then we're going to find them and get the boy to open the map."

"Why do we need these two then? Why don't we just kill them now and drop the dead weight?"
    Out from the shadows stepped a red alien with claws for hands and bright yellow eyes.

"For the last time, Scroop, what I say goes! There'll be no insubordination under me!" At the irony of those words coming from someone who committed a mutiny, Choma raised an eyebrow in amusement but otherwise kept silent. "Now bring the ship over to where they crashed and we'll take a boat down to search for them!"

Narrowing his eyes, filled with hate, Scroop reluctantly obeyed the pirate leader.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  5. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria raised her eyebrow at Illiana. She then blew air out of her lips loosely and rolled her eyes as she shook her head with a smirk. It seemed like that sisterly, kind side that Aria got to see was shut away when everyone else was watching. "It'll be safe," she assured the group, but was mostly trying to assure herself.

In the mean time, Aria was glad to know that the spell helped the Captain out a little. She then remembered the breakfast she grabbed and moved over to a log, opening her bag to see Nini curled up inside. "
    Nini!" The cat mewed at her with wide eyes, and bits of egg on her whiskers. Aria giggled and gently picked the kitten up, scratching her under her chin. "What are you doing? Are you okay, sweetie?" The cat seemed to purr and relaxed in Aria's arms, and then Aria scratched behind her ears. "You helped yourself to some of the breakfast, hm? Let's see if there's any left." Aria moved Nini and then jumped up on her shoulder to rest there as the girl dug in her bag.

She pulled out what breakfast she could salvage for the boys on two plates, picking out the stray cat hair and bag fluff she could find and then handed the breakfast plate Glyde with smooshed, sad pieces of breakfast on top. "
    Here, I grabbed this for you. Illiana made you breakfast. It got a little... squished." Aria smiled sheepishly and then invited Nini back in her bag as she ran to catch up with Jim. She moved alongside of him, actively scanning the surrounding areas and keeping her footing the best she can. "So... um... Did you ever get my hot chocolate?" she asked, trying to start some small talk. Plus, she really wanted to make sure he was able to get some to cheer him up. It seemed like Jim was going through a lot lately.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  6. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take rubbed his neck a bit after he was dropped before he stood up and looked at Scroop, "Or ya know, we could throw you off the boat and lose even more dead weight." the boy shrugged and waved a bit sassily at him as the crab thing guy walked up the stairs to bring the ship down before looking over at Choma and whispering, "Um... should I have held onto the map longer? I feel like this just made the situation... worse more than better." Takehiko thought about it a minute before saying, "Actually, no. It would have been worse I suppose if they were actually killing them, now they're just... capturing them? Mmm... maybe this wasn't a good idea?" he rubbed the back of his head, "Do you have any ideas, master?"

7. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Boreas listened as the King told him it was for a good friend, while the king hadn't said it directly but Boreas knew it must have been someone important to him. The instructions sounded a little vague but Boreas had a hunch as to what was needed to accomplish this. He followed Atmos after he bowed to the king bidding his farewell. He thought about what Atmos said about the many keyblade wielders already being lost or missing. Some were probably hiding waiting for the storm to pass, they wouldn't be noticed or targeted by this Light Chaser in an attempt to save their own skins, but they were wrong. As for those destroyed it made sense to target those worlds, if the wielders banded together to hunt this Light Chaser then it would have meant the end, but he struck first preventing such a thing to happen and now had almost free reign.

"
    As much as it is bad news it makes sense he targeted them early. It sends a clear message and prevents a coordinated retaliation, clever. But I refuse to believe that he has gotten all of them. With such a message being sent to you, what would you do? If an opponent is clearly powerful enough to destroy you should they need to, would you draw attention to yourself? Would you still fight? You yourself have already demonstrated your resolve as you have fought him yet still won't give up. Would everyone think that way? One for one the masters clearly can't win as the destruction of their worlds proves. He has succesfully broken the one force capable of stopping him easily, by sowing fear among the weak willed and taking out those who refused to run." Boreas said. "Since we are heading to the Realm of Darkness, have you recovered enough to go back there? I know we're only going to edge, but it's still the Darkness. I am willing to lend you my armour should you require it." Boreas offered the pauldron that functioned as the activator, before he opened up yet another portal. It was a practical choice mostly, she'd be no help to him if the Darkness was affecting her.

8. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    [​IMG]

True to the form he seemed to have set for himself, Glyde trailed as the last to jump aboard the lifeboat. With nothing more than a second to spare, he desperately gripped the side of the boat as it flung down and out from the larger ship. His last second grasp just barely latched him to the vessel as cannon fire further impacted the rapid fall towards solid ground.

The landing came in a crash. The boat skidding across the ground and turning over Glyde, relinquished what little grip he had upon it, and flung out. Rolling hard across the ground, he came to his final landing caked face-down in the dirt, hands splayed out to either side of his head. His arms and legs had managed to absorb the brunt of the force, sparing any trauma to his head, neck, or spine. Regardless, it was a act of labor to rise to his feet upon sore, shaking legs.

What few steps he managed after arriving at a stand, he took to situate himself upon an aptly-sized rock nearer Jim and the Captain. There, he dropped to a slightly more comfortable seated posture, and massaged his legs.
    “Nothing broken…” he muttered, unsure of whether or not he should be grateful or disappointed.

He looked to Jim, who had taken point in scouting the area ahead. He called forth his Keyblade. Uncaring for etiquette, he stuck the business end into the ground, levied himself to his feet, and proceeded after, using his Keyblade as a walking stick. “Thanks,” he said, abashedly taking a sudden plate of food from Aria; lacking a free hand, he carried it along untouched in spite of the grumbling of stomach. “So… where exactly are we anyways?”

9. Aelin Best Waifu

Episode Tinarah: Part 15
    A Change of Heart

[​IMG]
    During the time Tinarah had been staying in the mansion she had been made to join a patrol of soldiers, their armor dirtied and scratched so much that one could barely even tell that it used to be black. She had been given a chestplate, greaves, and a set of gauntlets to protect her along with a sword. Due to a shortage of armor that was all that could be spared for her. Patrols were straightforward, head to an area and clear out any Heartless. There was often a small amount of small talk within the group of five. The soldiers were tough but respectful towards Tinarah and willing to teach her whenever she had questions. When Tinarah was not on patrol Torrin had her going through training drills with the rest of the young soldiers and sparring with him in the mornings. Torrin never edged her on again like he had done previously.

On the day of Tinarah's last patrol, Torrin was waiting for the group to return. Upon bowing to greet him they were dismissed and told to return to their posts at the mansion. "It went well, I assume. If you're still up for joining the battle we're leaving in a few minutes. I just received word that the enemy forces have been cornered."

The minimal knowledge known about what happened to what Fost was protecting didn't sit well with Tinarah. It had clearly been very important, and not knowing where it was, she didn't like that. She wished that they had some idea at least, hopefully it wasn't lost with a world, she hoped Xine hid it well. After all it was her uncles legacy in a way and she didn't want it to go to waste.

Over the month it had been though on Tinarah. The constant training and patrolling had her always exhausted. She didn't have the energy to talk much with Mika after it all, often, eating and sleeping the moment that Torrin let her off patrol or training sessions. Tinarah didn't enjoy this kind of training, but it had kept her from crying herself to sleep past the first couple of nights. She just didn't have the energy. Her mood never really improved however, she was still quiet and withdrawn, still upset and lost. The training was structure much like the chores were, it helped get her through the days.

Finally after a month of training she was coming back from patrol, expecting to be shipped off to training shortly after, when Torrin stopped them. Unlike most there, Tinarah never felt the need to bow to Torrin or Mika. She often felt awkward when everyone else did it and she was just standing there, but the Torrin and Mika she used to know, they weren't a king or queen, they were her friends.

"Yeah, it went fine..." Tinarah responded quietly when Torrin continued to ask if she still willing to fight. "Yeah... I... Nothing has changed in the past month, I am a little more prepared maybe but I can't say that anything else is different." Referring to her sentiment on going to war, and not expecting to return. She was ready for whatever lay ahead of her, she just hoped in the end she could see her mom, Stamatis, and Fost on the other side.

"Well it'll have to be enough." Torrin stated, placed his hand on the sword strapped to his right side. Unlike the soldiers he refused to wear armor. He led Tinarah to the mansion courtyard where soldiers were starting to line up in formation equipped in full plate armor wielding swords, shields, bows, and spears. "No turning back." Torrin glanced at Tinarah before turning to speak to his men.

Two hours pass...

The march from the mansion had been silent and tense. According to their information the enemy had been preparing an attack by stationing themselves nearby Torrin's headquarters, likely wishing to make an attempt on his life. That was, until they were found out and cornered. They reached a distant corner of Eventide, more ruined buildings littered the area and the only structure that remained to be still standing was what appeared to be an old stone clock tower. The clock itself seemed to have ceased working years ago, both of its hands now missing as well as most of the numbers. Torrin's soldiers, those who had found the location had surrounded the area and stood guard waiting for backup.

"If all goes well, there won't be a battle at all. Capture the leaders, force their side to surrender, then that's it. It's all over. I almost pity them...to lose with such a quiet end."

Tinarah followed Torrin, taking up place in the line of soldiers. She felt out of place and uncomfortable among them, but remained for her own sake. She felt like she needed to be there, so while having so many people there with her made her nervous, she wasn't able to do much about it. Torrin warned her there was no turning back, but Tinarah only managed to offer him a nod. She knew that, the moment she started her training she knew there was no turning back. Gripping on to her necklace for strength she turned and listened to Torrin speak.

The march there gave Tinarah time to think, to regret, to wonder. The silence was driving her insane due to the silence coming from many and not just her. She could feel the tension in the air, it weighed heavy on her, convincing her now more than ever she wouldn't return. Tinarah had wished she had a chance to say goodbye to Mika.

As they approached the clock tower, Torrin told them he believed that a big battle wouldn't be necessary if they caught the leader, and an odd sense of disappointment washed over Tinarah. Was she even needed here then? That that training, all the mental preparation for a simple task? She didn't know what to think of that. Tinarah offered a nod of understanding however as she touched her necklace once more before placing a hand on the pommel of her sword ready, just in case.

Torrin stepped forth, drawing his sword. Just then several people began to step out of the clock tower. Torrin stopped walking and raised an eyebrow. There was at least twenty people facing them now. They were being led by a young woman with black hair wielding a keyblade. Another young woman, a blonde, standing beside her wielded a keyblade with a heart-shaped guard.

"Master Thallasa, it is good to finally meet face to face. I've heard a great deal about you. Your mastery of battle strategy has kept me on the ropes for years." Torrin looked over at the blonde. "You must be Master Chrysanthemum. Your people call you Chrys, correct? And I suppose this ragtag bunch compose your strike force? Impressive. Masters Pagos, Dentro, Zeno, and Avra. It's a shame that your last leader, Gero never accepted my terms of surrender. I didn't enjoy putting him down. Even with all those keyblade, you don't think you can fight your way out of here, do you? Please, let us put an end to this now."

"Are you stupid? We fought this war because you gave us no other option! It was either fight or have our light purged from our hearts! You once wielded the keyblade, you fool. You should understand the balance of realms just as well as any of us!" Thallasa shouted at him readying herself for battle.

"You honestly think I give a damn about the light? How many of my people died because of it? Ages ago your people started a war with mine, I'm merely finishing what they started. Even Mikaela saw I was right."

"You disgust me!" Chrys spat at the floor, hate in her eyes. "What of the others you forced to be like you? Did they all survive your experiments!?"

"Am I supposed to feel sorry for them? Illiana, Koa, Take...and the others, they all came after me when they learned I wasn't one of them. Once again, your realm incited another war with mine and now you're trying to guilt trip me just because you're losing? The citizens of the Realm of Darkness have suffered long enough and it's time to snuff out the light. Surrender or so help me we'll strike you all down."

Master Thallasa? Wasn't that the master that had gone missing in her time line? And Chrys, that was the girl with Aria.What was going on here? Why was this all happening? What exactly was going on here? Tinarah, seeing a somewhat familiar face backed up a step, trying to blend in whith the other soldiers there. She wasn't convinced she wanted to fight these people anymore.

Chrys spat at him, something about experiments and Tinarah looked worried. He said there were things she needed to be prepared for before she saw her brother, but he never went into detail about that since she didn't want to see her brother. However this conversation, Tinarah gripped her necklace hard and nearly summoned her keyblade. There was no more heartless with these masters wielding a keyblade, hers shouldn't make a difference. However there was an issue with how Torrin might react.

Tinarah had a small voice as she looked to Torrin then to the Masters.
    "Torrin what are you guys talking about. What experiments? I thought you were restoring the balance. What are you doing? Snuff out the light? Is that why Aria didn't make it because she was a heart of light.... or something like that?" Tinarah asked biting her lower lip a littler scared that Torrin would turn around and attack her. She knew if that happened she wouldn't be able to defend herself, after training in the morning, patrol, and the march here, she was drained.

Torrin's intense stare down was interrupted by the sound of a meek voice beside him. He turned his head towards Tinarah. "A new balance, yes. Without the light persecuting the dark, there won't be any more deaths. The Heartless are perversions of the dark, once the war is over there will be nothing but peace."

Torrin's grip tightened on his blade as he returned to face the keyblade masters before him. The soldiers behind him readied their weapons for battle. "Aria's death was not by my hands. In fact, it was the enemy who tried to utilize her heart as a weapon. A move that failed. Now get ready to fight. They're not going to go down without a struggle."

Peace... in darkness? That was not what Master Stamatis would have wanted. Not what Uncle Fost would have wanted. The Masters who were preparing for battle, wasn't to fight with Torrin was it? It was to fight against it. Tinarah looked frightened as she looked back and forth for a moment, as Torrin gave the command to get ready to fight. Tinarah drew her sword but was not ready for the fight ahead of her. She stared at the other Masters, hoping they would talk her out of fighting before she started, but she didn't know if that would happen. "Tell me this... Uncle Fost... Master Stamatis... did they fight with you, or against you?"

Torrin's eyes flashed and for a moment he remained dead silent. He took in a deep breath and sighed out before finally speaking. "So this is how it is...Mikaela was wrong to convince me to trust you. I knew you were too soft." Before she could react Torrin struck Tinarah and everything went black.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"That's a good question." Chrono muttered to himself. The large foliage that surrounded them was odd, especially with how large the mushrooms were. Chrono had decided to keep these thoughts regarding the surroundings to himself and continued to follow behind in silence. Every now and then his eyes would scan around to see if there was anything that stuck out to him. Well more then how everything else stuck out to him anyway.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Jim stopped walking for a moment when Aria caught up to him and asked about the hot chocolate she left for him. He smiled, thinking back to the drink he had just before going to sleep. "Yeah. I'm sorry I didn't thank you sooner. Things just got so messy. Thank you." He nodded then looked around the area, not really finding anything of interest where they stood. "We're on Treasure Planet. It's where a famous pirate, Flint, hid his treasure before he disappeared. That golden orb I was carrying was the map that brought us here. Maybe if I still had it I'd be able to find where he hid it...then I could use the money to rebuild my mom's inn...That's why I'm on this journey in the first place."

Jim opened his mouth to continue speaking but the sound of grass rustling caused him to stop and look around. "Shh." The attempt to quiet the others was mostly directed towards Morph who was still circling the group giggling the entire time. The pink blob quieted down somewhat but as Jim squinted his eyes he could see nothing in the dim lighting of the area. "Hmm..."

Suddenly, a rusted up scrawny-looking robot came up behind them and grabbed Jim from behind wrapping its arms around him and lifting him off his feet. "Ah!"

"Carbon-based life forms come to rescue me at last!" The robot shouted excitedly, dropping Jim and going over to bring both Glyde and Chrono in for an embrace that would have squeezed the air out of the two. "I just want to hug and squeeze all of you!" The robot cheered as he dropped the boys to rush over towards Aria and Illiana to embrace the girls as well.

"Would you stop that!?"

"I just want to hold you close to me!" The robot released Aria and Illiana and began to approach Jim and as he backed away. Seeing his reluctance to receive any more hugs the robot frowned. "Sorry, sorry. It's just that I've been been marooned for so long." The robot dramatically spoke in sorrow. "l mean, solitude's fine. Don't get me wrong. For heaven's sakes, after a hundred years...you go a little nuts! Ha ha ha!" Jim took another step back on seeing the robot's erratic behavior. "My name is, uh...B.E.N.! Of course, l'm B.E.N. Bioelectronic Navigator. And you are?"

"Jim."

"What a pleasure to meet you Jimmy!"

"It's Jim."

B.E.N. looked over towards the others. "And you are?" He looked at Aria. "And you?" Then towards Chrono. "And you?" Then towards Glyde. "And you?" He looked at Illiana. "And you?" B.E.N. looked at Morph who fled to hide behind Jim.

[​IMG]

Choma's focus was on the pirate named Scroop, watching the red alien intently as he glared at Takehiko before leaving to bring the ship closer to where the others landed. "Good work on handling the situation. Your master would be proud." Choma complimented the boy. "Don't worry about the map. Their desperation would have only grown had you kept it hidden. It seems, for now, they have no quarrel with us." He spoke as Silver had already turned his attention towards barking orders at his crew to keep the ship running at maximum efficiency.

"You had the right idea wanting to stay behind. That pirate, Scroop, is teeming with darkness. I can sense it. But Silver...I believe there is a light in him buried under that gruff exterior. I saw it briefly when he looked at the Hawkins boy." He paused for a moment then lowered his voice to a barely audible whisper. "Try to disable the weapons. If things get rough we don't want the pirates trying to blast our own people from the skies. There should be a control room around here."

[​IMG]

Atmos accepted Boreas's offer to lend her his armor. On activating it there was some discomfort as the armor formed around her but it would do for the time being. His words of a potential strategy used by the Light Chaser sounded reasonable but it disturbed her to think that the man she faced briefly in combat would have gone to destroy worlds one by one just to remove any potential opposition. If true, there would no wonder why Torrin had such hate for the man. "Perhaps no one can defeat him one on one but there are still..." She trailed off, not wishing to say more that would only bring in useless speculation. It was likely that by now Choma had spoken to the Council. Surely they had not been defeated but...if they were still around, why had she not received word from them? During a crisis like this they would have been in action by now. "Together we can defeat him. I know it." She said with an air of confidence.

When Boreas opened another portal she briefly considered the ease of travel being a keyblade wielder afforded them. She stepped through without adding anything further to the conversation and walked onto night beach that was the Dark Margin.

[​IMG]

Torrin opened his eyes, sensing something off about the area. He had found time in to mull over his thoughts in the quiet of the Dark Margin, trying to clear his mind after recent events. Even after he had made up his mind he still found difficulty in just accepting the hand he had been dealt. It pained him to know what had become of Mika, for she did not deserve the fate that had befallen her, but there was nothing to do now but attempt to find some measure of peace. But he was no longer alone. A dark force had intruded upon his solitude and he called for his keyblade to approach the disturbance he felt.

In the distance he saw to figures walking along the beach. One was in a black armor and the other--well, from that distance he couldn't be sure but there was some familiarity to it. For a time he thought he had been discovered by the soldiers of his uncle but as they approached...

"Boreas? Is that you? And who's with you?"

"This armor isn't really me, now is it?"

"Atmos? But how!?"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  12. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take listened to what Choma said intently. He was a bit surprised by how much information Choma was able to get from these guys just by looking at them. Maybe he knew what signs to look for? He almost wanted to ask how so he could learn how to do that as well, but Choma had a suggestion that seemed to be more important to place immediate attention towards. Take nodded and replied just as quietly, "I'll take a look around." and he headed on off, back up the stairs. He tried to not make himself look too suspicious or anything, walking at a pretty casual pace. As he got himself up the stairs, he finally knew what the world looked like. This entire time he'd been more indoors focused so getting a look at the world had not been an option. Take walked to the side of the ship and placed his hands on the edge so he could boost himself up slightly and get a better look. He didn't find the surface of the planet below overly spectacular at first, but the longer he looked the stranger the plant life seemed. It was the most he could get from that height. What fascinated him more was just the whole picture look, with the green glowing rings circling the world. He looked at it a bit longer before he stopped leaning over and looked behind, just to make sure none of the pirates had any intention of pushing him off the ship when he wasn't paying attention.

Takehiko went back down into the deck on another side. The layout of the ship was kind of unclear and didn't seem overly efficient and just seemed a bit arbitrary which was odd to him. But he had a feeling if there was a control room it was going to be lower in the ship that higher. Once he went down the stairs he ran into a long hallway that definitely looked like they were on the engineering part of the ship and he walked further down the hallway with his footsteps echoing from the open grates on the floor. He reached a point where he was absolutely sure it was the control room and he tried to get a peak inside to see and saw an
    weird almost slug looking alien. He backed up a moment and processed his options and thought up something before he took a breath and walked into the room and said, "Hey, captain told me to take over so you could go on break." the alien looked over at him skeptically a moment but then stopped and let out a... fart noise before moving on out of the room and Take blinked and said, "Uh... yeah... take your time..." before he shifted on in and sighed. He waited for the slugs... farting noises to fade off. He took a quick breath before murmuring to himself, "Alright... it's probably gonna be a wire of some kind... just one wire shouldn't be a probl-"

As Take opened up all the control panels, he saw all the wires and stared at them a long moment before squeaking out, "Oh... fantastic. This is gonna be so much fun."

13. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    [​IMG]
    Treasure Planet… Flint… Treasure… Glyde ran the information through his head as Jim explained it all. An inn. His mind ground to a halt at that one word. His stomach turned, and the pulsing of heart beat intensified. A strange, uninvited, but somewhat welcomed sense of responsibility overcame him. Out of almost nothing, the task at hand felt suddenly personal. You’ve got to help him, you know. A voice in the far back of Glyde’s mind shouted into the foreground of his thoughts. It won’t be easy, he thought. It would have been easier to run away, another voice chimed in. I’ve got to try, I suppose; it’s too late run now.

He ducked down at Jim’s call for silence. He fell more violently than he’d have liked, given his sore legs, sparing himself a complete drop by the balance from his Keyblade-crutch. On one knee, he held his Keyblade out, aiming towards the rustling grass; he was sure that one shot could deal with anything that jumped out at them.

When the time came, he held his fire, seeing no threat in the rusted, worn out robot that came forth. Inquisitively, he approached the mechanoid being as it scooped Jim up into a tight hug. This only put him within reach of the robot as well, and he too was taken up in a suffocating embrace by the robot’s unexpectedly strong arms. “Glyde,” he said, gasping for air as he replied to the robot.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

Episode Tinarah: Part 16
    The Great Escape

[​IMG]
    The screech from a swinging metal door would have been enough to wake Tinarah. She would find herself laying on a mattress on a stone floor in a dimly lit cell. The squeaking of the door echoed against the walls as the door shut closed. Mikaela was standing over Tinarah with her eyes reddened and puffy. She had been crying. "Why? Why did you do it?" She whispered. "You could have had a good home here..."

Torrin turned to her and Tinarah knew she made a mistake questioning him as she did. Pain echoed through her and everything fell black, Tinarah's hand falling from her necklace as she passed out.

As Tinarah came to consciousness, the screech of metal pounded in her head, hurting as she slowly sat up. Mika was standing over her and speaking. It took a moment for Tinarah to figure out what she was saying.
    "I... I needed to know. I though we were returning the balance.... I... you tricked me. You both... Just... just leave me! Why did you have to lie like that!" Tinarah asked trying to get the answers. She was barely sitting up, her head was still spinning, but she needed to know. Why didn't they tell her that they were removing light from the world, everything good, everything her Master, her Uncle wanted to protect. "How are you okay with this future Mika? How? What about Aria? What about what Master Choma would have wanted?"

"We didn't cause her death! They did!" Mikaela shouted in return. "Choma would have wanted peace! Not death but Torrin's right. We didn't start this war. I wouldn't have changed sides if I didn't believe in this. The darkness isn't evil." Mikaela stared sadly at Tinarah and looked down to the ground. "Torrin even left the field of battle to carry you all the way here so you wouldn't get caught in the crossfire. The only reason you're in a cell is because he didn't want you running out into the dangers out there. His men lost the battle without him. There were no survivors...Our enemies got away and now the war may go one for several more years."

Mikaela sighed and leaned against the cell door. "Even after you became a distraction he sacrificed so much to keep you safe. I don't know why. Maybe for my sake. I...I don't know what comes next but maybe I can get you out of here so you can live away from all of this..."

Tinarah cringed and shied away as Mika yelled. Maybe Choma would have wanted peace, but at the expense of purging all the light? That wasn't balanced, that wasn't right, Tinarah knew better than to just believe that. Mika then continued to talk about how Torrin carried her here and left the battle, letting the so-called rebels escape. Tinarah didn't know how to respond, she felt the weight if the deaths was on her shoulders, she may as well been the one swinging the blade. However part of her still wasn't sure.

"Answer me this.... What experiments? What did Torrin do to our friends?" Tinarah asked softly. Depending on the answer really could make a difference on what help Tinarah was willing to accept. Even know the danger she summoned her keyblade, Chrono's keyblade holding it across her lap, staring at it for the moment. "What did he do to my brother?" she may not have wanted to see Chrono, might have thought he hated her, but she still cared enough to want to know.

Mikaela went quiet and turned around, opening the door. She motioned for Tinarah to follow after her. Without saying a word Mikaela carefully walked forth leading the way out of the dungeon and out onto the mansion grounds in the dead of the night. Along the way Mikaela pickup a lantern to light their path forward.

It worried Tinarah, Mikas silence. Mika opened the door, but Tinarah almost didn't want to go. If it was simply more ways that she had been mislead, more lies revealed or truths hidden, Tinarah almost didn't want to know. At the same time however she had asked and this could be her answer... Or her punishment.

Slowly Tinarah stood, trying to push away the dizziness from her mind. She wrapped her arms around herself as they stepped out into the chilly night air. She didn't know where they were going, nor did she try to ask, it was too much work. Instead she simply followed in silence, and tense wondering of what lay ahead.

Mikaela continued to walk forward in silence, occasionally looking back to make sure Tinarah had not run away. She wrapped an arm around herself in an attempt to keep herself warm. She sighed, her breath visible in the cold night air. "Just...a little farther..." Mikaela whispered when she stopped to lift the lantern higher and look around for where to head to next.

"Just a little more and you can leave..."

Tinarah walked quietly, her head down, following a short distance behind Mika. Tinarah couldn't understand why Mika was being so quiet, didn't know where she was taking her. It was worrisome, but Tinarah didn't really have much of a choice, after all her other option was being left in a dark cell for the foreseeable future. This was not what she had expected when leaving Fost and Stamatis, she didn't understand how her world could be turned so upside down in a matter of a month. It had happened a few times before but she hadn't expected it again. She had expected to walk into something she was a little more prepared for.

"Leave?" Tinarah was now wondering if Mika wasn't answering her question at all but helping her escape, the problem was, she didn't know where to go or what to do, not when everyone she cared for was dead or... this. "And go where?" Tinarah questioned. "... actually, never mind, it doesn't matter." Mika might have been trying to get her out, but she was sure Torrin wouldn't be pleased about it, and thus she couldn't afford to question too much.

"What are you doing?" Torrin's voice rang out in the forest.

15. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    The girl was happy that with all the bad stuff that happened, at least Jim got her homemade hot chocolate. She then listened intently to Jim's words of where they were at, and why they were here. Man, he's having a rough time, she thought with a slight frown as she continued to follow Jim.

Like everyone else, she was stopped before things got a little crazy. An erratic robot was running around, shouting at them and being overly excited. All Aria could do was blink as she was hugged and squeezed almost to death and then released suddenly. She then was asked to introduce herself, and she took a step back as well. "
    I'm... Aria....?" Aria replied in a concerned tone. The robot thing didn't seem to be a threat, but his behavior was unpredictable which made her feel a little nervous. Gees this guy is in a sad state... Would I be like this too if I was left alone for... Did he say a hundred years?!

As her mind was trying to wrap around that, her eyes went over to Glyde who seemed to be injured from the ordeal. This guy was just not catching a break at all. "Here," she said quietly to him as she summoned her keyblade when her introduction was over. "Cure!" A green light went around Glyde, hopefully healing him of his injuries. "Sorry for not doing that sooner," she said with a slight smile and then made her keyblade disappear.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The sudden rustling had cause Chrono to stop looking around and focus in on the direction that the noise was coming from. He was expecting to see some sort of alien creature leap out at them. Hopefully it would be friendly and not try to rip off their faces. The robot running from behind them was just that surprise and fortunately it didn't want to kill them. It did want to hug them. "Back, back, back!" Chrono said in what was a futile attempt to avoid the hug from the robot.

"Chrono...I'm Chrono." He said. A hundred years he was stuck here? Why, er maybe it was because of how he acted. Assuming it wasn't a result of being alone for all that time.

17. Aelin Best Waifu

Episode Tinarah: Part 17
    It Ends Here

[​IMG]

"Torrin wait! We don't need to do this to her. It's Tinarah." Mikaela spun around, her eyes darting around and panicked.

"All the more reason to cleanse her of the light within her." He stepped forward towards them and Mikaela stepped back motioning for Tinarah to stay behind her. Torrin shook his head and looked down. "So it's treason, then..." A dark energy swirled around his left hand. "I've been too soft on you it seems. I can't trust you anymore, can I?" As he spoke the darkness in his hand began to coalesce.

"Torrin please!"

"You've proven yourself to be disloyal. I cannot stand for that. Even from you." Out of the darkness came his keyblade.

As she thought about Torrin finding them, the fear came true. His voice rang out and Mika pushed her behind to protect her, begging Torrin to stop. If course Torrin didn't, instead speaking about why he needed to cleanse her of the light. Things were quickly turning bad, she could tell Mika loved Torrin, she couldn't let her be the cause of any happiness they had, even if she didn't agree with what they were doing, Tnarah was convinced that they were mislead, that something happened that caused them not to see clearly. She wouldn't stand by and let someone else destroy their life for her. As Torrin summoned his keyblade, Tinarah pushed in front of Mika.

"Don't do this to her. It isn't her fault, she just wanted to help. Mika is a good person and you know that, you love that about her, don't you? Don't punish her for it." Tinarah begged as she summoned her keyblade, or rather Chrono's to her side ready to protect Mika. "Please, don't hurt her. Let me leave and I won't bother you again. Just don't hurt Mika." Tinarah had trained enough with Torrin to know where her own strength ended, and knew how he could best her with a sword, she didn't think a keyblade would go any better, still she had to at least try.

"You're acting awfully brave for someone so weak." Torrin stated, raising an eyebrow when Tinarah stepped forward. He continued to approach them making no sign of reconsidering his actions.

Tinarah was trembling. She knew she was weak and didn't stand a chance, but she couldn't let him hurt her friend, not after Mika was just trying to help her. She wasn't going to watch a friend get hurt for her, she couldn't. Lifting her free hand to her necklace, she touched it lightly. "I'm scared, Master Stamatis, lend me strength." She whispered before gripping her keyblade with both hands and moving into a fighting stance.

Torrin was coming closer now. "Are you...are you asking for someone else's help? No wonder you've been so weak. You can't even rely on yourself." He aimed his keyblade at Tinarah. "Don't worry. I have other plans for you. Even if I have to beat you into the ground you'll still be breathing by the end of this. But it won't come to that. You don't have that much fight in you." He lowered the aim of his blade slightly and immediately a Blizzard spell launched at her legs, Torrin intending to freeze Tinarah in place.

As the keyblade was aimed at her, Tinarah tried to move quickly, just barely getting out of the way of the spell. Tinarah turned around and then cast a fire spell at Torrin before turning around and slashing at him quickly. Tinarah hoped it would be enough for Torrin to back up. It was clear that she was still a little out of it from being knocked out and locked up. She hadn't eaten for over a day either so she was not in good shape to fight, still she had to try, even if it was just barely an attempt she wasn't going down without a fight.

Torrin caught the fire spell with his bare hand, appearing to be unfazed by the magic as it blasted outwards as if hitting a wall. "As I said," Torrin spoke as he spun his keyblade to parry Tinarah's. "You're weak!" He swung his blade downwards, streams of darkness swirling about his blade as he attacked and when it collided with Tinarah's borrowed keyblade, a sound akin to glass shattering pierced the air. Her keyblade was broken and disappeared from her grasp.

Torrin shoved Tinarah down towards the ground with his free hand and shook his head. "Maybe if you had been a worthy opponent I would have granted you the release of death."

Mikaela stepped back but did not run, too frightened to do anything. "Stay still, this will be over in an instant. I will give you at least that much despite your betrayal." Mikaela opened her mouth to respond to Torrin, possibly to plea for him to stop but it was too late. She fell to the ground clutching a bloodied chest. Torrin's keyblade disappeared from his hand.

"Farewell, Mika."

Everything she did had no effect, Torrin was too strong and simply dealt with her attacks like they were child's play. The training that she had done with Stamatis was for nothing. Torrin turned around and swung his keyblade at her, screaming something she already knew as his keyblade collided with Chrono's, shattering it. Tinarah was left stunned by the shear power that it took to do such a thing as he shoved her to the ground. Tinarah was at a loss for words or strength to fight back. She was helpless.

Torrin turned his attention to Mika and at first the words he said didn't click, not until he said farewell. Tinarah looked up to see Mika clutching her chest.
    "Mika! No!" She screamed suddenly trying to struggle her way out from Torrin's grasp. "Why...." Her voice came back barely a rasp as tears streaked down her face, soon giving up her struggles. There was no point in trying and she could see that, she was hopeless.

Torrin closed his eyes for a long moment and sighed. He made his peace with what had to be done but that did not make it hurt any less. He looked down at Tinarah. "You wanted no more lies, did you? Well," He began to drag Tinarah by her collar, ignoring her squirming before continuing to speak, "Those experiments of mine? They were successful...but only after the first year of trials. Take challenged me and, for some reason, could not survive the attempt to remove the light from his heart. Illiana and Koa survived but...they weren't themselves afterward. They had to be put down. And Chrono? Well..." He stopped. Torrin looked to the sky and whistled.

"It's time you learned your place, Tinarah. You're weak but perhaps by removing your light I can remove that weakness. Maybe then you will be...serviceable. So I suppose it's time you reunite with your brother." The sound of leathery wings flapping could be heard overhead. "Come here Chrono!" In a blur of black something landed in front of them. It was a hooded figure.

"Ss..." It hissed. "Errr..." It slowly began to rise, stretching its wings. Glowing yellow eyes illuminated its black skin. "Sisss...terrrr..." The Heartless spoke through broken language.

"These...things are called Darklings. A little more intelligent than Heartless. More...loyal to those of the dark such as myself. I would have preferred Chrono to retain his human form but this...this I can live with."

Tinarah didn't fight back and Torrin dragged her like some sort of broken doll. She felt empty inside, unable to react at all as he started to speak of what he was doing, what the experiments were. "Y-you killed your friends... your wife..." She whispered, unable to complete the thought as he whistled. Illiana, Koa, he said they survived, he didn't mention he killed them after. Chrono... what did he do to her brother? Tinarah thought she had stopped caring about him years ago, but now, she couldn't help but worry.

The sound of wings echoed around them and soon a heartless like creature came for them. It was speaking and Torrin claimed it to be her brother. That was not her brother, even as it called her sister. Tinarah looked away from the creature, the thing. This wasn't Chrono, he wouldn't have wanted that, he was probably suffering somewhere in there, but unable to summon a broken keyblade she could not do anything about it.

"So that's it? You are going to turn me into one of those?" Tinarah sounded broken, defeated. "Is that, worth the cost of your wife's life?" Tinarah almost hoped that he would kill her at this point, she would rather that then to be turned into one of those creatures that stood in front of her.

"Friends would not have betrayed me. A good wife would not have disobeyed me." Torrin yanked Tinarah to her feet, holding her up by her collar if he had to. "I'm not turning you into a Darkling. No, you'll still hold that pretty little frame of yours instead of that wretched thing."

"Sissssss...ter!" The Darkling croaked.

"I don't see any use for you as a fighter. No...I think I'll keep you locked in your cell until I have use of you in...another capacity."

Betrayed him? Tinarah had a feeling it was Torrin who had betrayed everyone else. There was no point in speaking up about that though, he would never accept that as an answer. Torrin yanked at Tinarah's collar, lifting her to her feet. Tinarah struggled to get her feet under her as she started coughing at the sudden pressure on her throat. Her knees shook and she sagged against his grip trying to catch her breath, even though his grip on her collar and her posture made it harder to breath, than it would be if she managed to stand up straight.

He wasn't going to turn her into the creature he turned her brother into, but Tinarah was frightened what he meant by "another capacity."
    "Please..." She pleaded with him even though she knew that it wouldn't get her anywhere. Closing her eyes she sagged fully against Torrins grasp, not even trying, at least it would make things a little harder on him, even if it was harder on her as well. If she couldn't fight, she certainly wouldn't make things easy either.

Torrin dragged Tinarah back towards the mansion, ignoring her pleas. He did not even speak to her as he did so, treating her no better than a rag doll. Eventually they returned to the dungeon where Torrin shoved her into a cell and sealed the door shut. He melted the lock shut with magic, his eyes glowing yellow in the darkness. He gazed at Tinarah for a brief moment and turned away, his red cloak whipping about as he left the girl alone in the darkness.

As Torrin dragged Tinarah, she didn't put up much of a fight, occasionally lashing out in attempts to catch Torrin off guard. Maybe if she managed to, then she would be able to run. It wasn't much of a chance that she could outrun him, especially when she didn't know where to go, and he was in his own element, but it was better than doing nothing. Unfortunately for Tinarah Torrin was much stronger than her, barely taking much in order to keep her in line. He dragged her back to the cell, and by the time they arrived and Tinarah was tossed in, she was sucking in breaths trying to breath properly. The force on her neck from being dragged by the collar had left her out of breath.

As she sat there Tinarah looked up when she heard the sound of something happening. She saw Torrin staring in at her as he finished whatever he was doing. The yellow eye were what scared her the most. Fear struck her deep in the heart before Torrin turned around to leave. Left in silence Tinarah brought her knees up to her chest, and rested her head on her knees as she began to sob. In the back of her mind she was apologizing to Stamatis and Fost for her foolishness, but the words couldn't seem to make it out of her mouth, just a sobbing, gasping sound.

One day passes...

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

As the group started walking off, Jim had stopped in his tracks. He began to describe where they were. Treasure Planet. Apparently, the orb Jim had carried was supposedly the map to find a hidden treasure. As they were continuing their discussion, the grass began to rustle, causing the group to look around them to find the origin point of the sound. A rusted robot had suddenly appeared behind the group, wrapping Jim up in a hug. The robot then wrapped Chrono and Glyde in a hug and dropped them, rushing over to Aria and Illiana. "Don't you even think about it-" Her sentence got cut off as the two girls got wrapped up in the robot's embrace. As the robot release them, Illiana started cracking her knuckles. "How about I define the definition of 'Personal Space'? A violent demonstration at that..." The robot immediately went over to Jim and introduced itself as B.E.N. He then began to ask for Chrono, Aria, Glyde, and Illiana's name. Illiana cracked her neck before an evil smile was placed on her face. "I'm the person that's going to make sure your end is swift and painless unless you stay out of my personal space. But I think you get the point, I would imagine. So you may call me Illiana, alright?" A kind tone filled her voice but a sinister expression had been plastered on her face as she introduced herself.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  19. Arch Mana Knight

"Fantastic!" B.E.N. shouted in elation on hearing everyone's names, ignoring Illiana's threats and the general discomfort he caused, starting to approach them for another hug only to be pushed back by Jim.

"Look we're kind of in a hurry. We need a place to hide and there's pirates chasing us." Jim spoke, trying to get around the robot only for B.E.N. to keep standing in Jim's way.

"Oh, pirates! Don't get me started on pirates! I don't like them. I remember Captain Flint. This guy had such a temper." B.E.N. began to use Glyde as an object for the robot to lean against, oblivious to the fact that Glyde probably would not have liked it, while he spoke casually. At the mention of the name Flint, Jim's eyes widened.

"Wait, wait, wait. You knew Captain Flint?"

"I think he suffered from mood swings, personally. I'm not a therapist..." B.E.N. continued to speak, crossing his thin rusted arms.

"But that means...Wait! But then you gotta know about the treasure, right? Flint's trove? You know, loot of a thousand worlds?"

"It's--well, it's...it's all a little--little fuzzy." B.E.N. began to scratch his head and stepped away from Glyde, his voice beginning to stutter, as he searched his memory for the answer to Jim's question. "Wait. I--I r-r-remember. I do. Treasure! Lots of treasure buried in the centroid--centroid--centroid of the mechanism." His voice broke up as he spoke, the lights in his eyes shifting colors rapidly as he talked faster and faster. "And there was this big door opening and closing...and opening and closing! And Captain Flint wanted to make sure nobody could ever get to his treasure so I helped him-" The back of B.E.N.'s head, where wires were exposed began to spark causing the robot cried out. "Data inaccessible! Reboot!"

Trying to snap the robot back to his senses Jim shook him. "B.E.N.! Wait, wait, wait! What about the treasure?"

"I'm sorry. My memory isn't what it used to be. I've lost my mind. Ha ha! You haven't found it, have you? Uh, my missing piece? My primary memory circuit?" He began looking Jim over, forcing the boy to turn around to search him before being pushed away.

"Look, B.E.N., we really need to find a place to hide. So we're just gonna be, you know, moving on." Jim started to walk away.

"Oh, uh, so, well, then...I guess, uh...this is good-bye, huh?" B.E.N. sat down on the floor and stared at the ground dejectedly. Had he been an organic being it would have been easy to tell that he would have been crying. "I'm sorry that I'm so dysfunctional. So, uh, go ahead and...I do understand. I do. Bye-bye."

Sighing, Jim stopped and looked to the others for some comment on the situation then back at the robot, feeling sorry for B.E.N.

20. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana listened and watched as Jim and B.E.N. discussed about this Captain Flint. Surprisingly, B.E.N. knew Flint and his fabled treasure. He tried to remember where the treasure was located but a piece of his memory had been missing. Jim had pushed the robot away. Jim then spoke to B.E.N. about the group moving on to find a hiding place. B.E.N. had then dejectedly sat on the ground and stare at it. As the group started to walk away, Illiana stopped in her tracks before looking back. She then whispered to herself. "God I hate feeling guilt. Causes nothing but trouble." She sighed before walking to the robot. She cleared her throat as she looked at him. "B.E.N. was it?" She paused. "Would you like to join us? You probably know the terrain and area a bit more than we do." Illiana held out her hand to B.E.N. She scratched her nose awkwardly. "I don't like dealing with people, or robots for that matter, who are sad. Gets annoying a lot." She paused again. "Come on. We have to get going. Well?"