Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Takehiko had been mostly okay with Illiana's tactic with tea, it seemed to be working with others as well and he couldn't fault her for it. He was hoping Glyde was alright at least, since he seemed out of it as well. But suddenly he looked towards Illiana and heard the first words Aww Tacky can smile.

It was almost immediately that Take's smile disappeared as he looked at Illiana almost blankly, he couldn't hear the words after that statement and he closed his eyes a moment.

Take felt a sudden slap and saw the silhouette of a bug. His eyes shifted around the dark room as he felt himself speak, "You can't stop me from smiling."
    "Sure we can. We can help you with it."

Take's eyes looked up and a scorpion was placed on his wrist and he felt a sudden shot of pain.

"Repeat after me: good soldiers put their feelings last."
    The stinging continued as Take begged, "I don't want to stop feeling happy."
    "Good soldiers put their feelings last."

Take quickly saw his brother give him a smile before running off to battle. He saw a black and purple dragon and felt another sting from the scorpion.

"Iwao could smile... Iwao was always happy."
    "Iwao's dead."

"G-good soldiers... p-put..."
    Take felt himself crying before he felt the sting again.
    "Why isn't Take allowed to smile?"
    "No one's allowed to smile Akio."

Take felt another sting and felt himself feel nothing as he saw his older brother Yasushi mess with his hair before he also ran off to battle. It was the same dragon that swept over.

"Good boy."

Take placed his hand on his wrist as his eyes opened up and he rubbed a spot on his wrist, without really thinking about it and Take turned away, saying in the standard monotone,
    "Sorry. I won't do it again." Take turned his attention away and remembered the conversation about Silver and the boy let go of his wrist and said, "I'm going to go and find that captain and explain things." he turned around fully and went to go in the direction of the captain and away from the group.

2. Arch Mana Knight

Episode Torrin
    Her

"In my homeworld, the training was a lot more intense. The quartermaster, a man named Osmar, used to give me a blindfold. I never really thought it was going to be helpful. Unless I was going to have rag-shaped Heartless fling themselves onto my eyes I didn't think it was going to do anything to help. I mean I could see as well as anyone else in the dark."

"Really?"

"Don't get me wrong, training here has been great. It's just...different."

"Are you always this confident, Torrin?"

"Not even close. Fighting just happens to be the one thing I'm good at."

She pointed up towards the cloud passing by over them. "Hey! Look look! That one looks like a mouse." She pointed excitedly once more, tapping him on the shoulder.

Torrin squinted and shook his head. "That's just three circles. How does it look like a mouse?" He pressed his palms against the grass and sat up to look over at her. "So uh...are we going to talk about what happened earlier? We were just sorta sparring and you got closer and I got closer and...it just...sorta...happened?"

Her cheeks reddened immediately and she looked away, remaining silent. Torrin frowned but didn't push on it. He laid back down to stare back up at the sky. "I...I lied before. I'm sorry. Not long after we met I told you that I left my homeworld to help my people. That was what I told myself but these last months I've realized that my reasons weren't...honorable. I left because the responsibilities they wanted to put on me were too much. I couldn't handle letting them down and I ran away. I thought I'd be doing them some good by getting out of their way rather than risk failing them." He sighed. "I could never look my family in the eye if someone died because I messed up. I'm no leader."

She looked at him now and he averted his gaze feeling that she held nothing but disappointment towards him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"I just don't understand why you didn't tell me. I thought you could trust me. I would have understood."

"I didn't want you to think I was a coward. I just wanted you to like me."

"You wanted me to like you?"

"Well someone. Anyone." Torrin immediately blurted out feeling self-conscious.

"So not me? I see how it is." She began to stand when Torrin bolted up to take her hand and keep her from leaving.

"Yes. You. Dammit can I just...dammit...you don't make this easy, do you?"

"No way. If you want easy go somewhere else!" She teased, pulling free from his grip before running back to the castle.

"Hey! I'm not following you! You'll need to try harder than that to-" She kept running. Torrin cursed under his breath and shook his head before taking off after her.

Time passes.
    The two face off against wave after wave of Heartless as the world they defend plunges into darkness. Their master and their fellow students fight alongside them but despite their combined effort, the world continues to break apart. They evacuate who they can but when it comes time for the keyblade wielders to leave they are separated. Torrin attempts to go after her but his master stops him and he watches her get tossed aside by a Behemoth. She hits her head and begins to be pulled into the darkness. When Torrin returned to the castle he demanded that his training be accelerated so that he could take the Mark of Mastery and leave to find her.

When he finally had earned it, that very day his world was attacked. That was the day he crossed paths with the Light Chaser. He had taken a nap midday to recover from the trials on to awaken to the deaths of everyone he had grown to care for on that world. It was him who was responsible for it all. At the request of his master he had absorbed their light, their power, to do battle against the Light Chaser and it still wasn't enough. He had failed their last request even after putting every fiber of his being into the attack. He failed. And despite that dishonor and shame, he was allowed to live. The Light Chaser knew he was alive and chose to keep him alive. Torrin managed to find a black coat, unable to reach his armor in time, and simply allowed himself to be taken by the darkness. But the Realm of Darkness did not keep him for long. He already had a way out.

Torrin traveled to several worlds, choosing to search for her over seeking vengeance, and after a weeks with no results he turned to the one world he had never searched. Her homeworld. A massive ice storm covered most of it. Getting around was difficult. Days passed and there, having nearly frozen in her sleep by a fire that had recently gone out in a crumbling shack, he found her. A cat meowed at her urging her to wake to no avail. Torrin grabbed her and immediately took her, and her furry companion, to safety in another world. His healing abilities were mediocre at best and if left to his care she surely would have died. He refused to fail her again. Not again.

A fellow master by the name of Thallasa agreed to care for her. When she finally awoke from her deep sleep, Thallasa warned him that she had not retained her memory. His heart sank. All he had to offer her were tales of dead friends and tragedy. She deserved better than someone who now was only driven by anger and desperation. Thallasa told Torrin than when She recovered She would be taken to a new master who would train her. It pained him to leave her but it would have been the only option that would have made her happy. Where he wanted to go she could not folloow and it was better this way. His desperation to save her gave way to the hatred he felt towards the man that took his people from him.

The next year he spent clashing with the ones known as the Chasers, doing his best to stop them at every turn and track their movements. It went smoothly, more or less, until he found himself face to face with the Light Chaser once more on his way to Eventide Town. During their clash Torrin was wounded but this time the cut struck deep in his side. The light from the Light Chaser's attack rendered him weak. The man gloated, saying Torrin had been foolish to believe he was capable of fighting the light when his body had once absorbed so much of it before. The sacrifices of his former master and friends had actually made him vulnerable to the light.

Torrin arrived at Eventide with the Light Chaser nowhere to be found. Bleeding, angry, and intent on finding why the Light Chaser wanted to come to Eventide, Torrin trashed an old mansion searching for...something. Even he did not know what it was that he searched for but he knew there had to be something of significance to be found. But there wasn't. And that's when he met a pair of siblings and the group of keybladers they traveled with. His time spent with them had calmed him somewhat as did his conversations with Master Atmos. He had just begun to feel the slipping his rage held over him when seeing Her again brought back the pain of every loss he had ever suffered.

But it wasn't her. Not really. She was...someone else. Something else.

3. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria looked to Glyde who seemed really shaken and out of it as well. Illiana mentioned something about him having a flight and wondered if he fell off somehow during the last bit where she was out of it.

She was about to open her mouth and speak to him when Illiana mentioned Take smiling, and her being the reason for it. “
    Huh?!” She felt her cheeks heat up and covered them up with her hands before looking over to Take to see how he took the teasing. The girl noticed that Take almost instantly seemed to withdraw in himself and close his eyes as he held his wrist. Aria frowned a bit and lowered her hands from her face. It was strange for her to see someone shut down so quickly like that and didn’t have a clue what was going on. Soon he mentioned something in an emotionless voice and walked off.

Aria looked to the rest of the group in confusion and then rubbed the back of her neck. “
    I, uh, I’m going to follow him to make sure he’s okay.” She then hugged Illiana tightly and smiled a little at her. “Thanks for the tea.” She let go of the older girl and looked to Glyde and ruffled his hair. “Glad you’re still with us and you’re being taken care of now.

She gave the group a thumbs up before turning away and trotting a bit after Take. She then slowed her steps to give him some space, and then looked to her bag where Nini was hanging out. Aria opened the flap and stroked the kitten’s fur quietly. “
    You doing alright, girl?” She whispered softly and then looked up to see Silver and nodded to him before looking to the captain of the ship. She realized they still hadn’t made their proper introductions to her yet and she hoped that them helping out would soften her heart not to throw them overboard suddenly.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana had grown concerned as Take said he was going to stop smiling after her comment. She turned her head to the side a bit in confusion. After a few moments, Aria stood up. "I, uh, I’m going to follow him to make sure he’s okay." The girl went over to Illiana as she hugged her tightly. "Thanks for the tea." Illiana's cheeks had become lightly tinted with pink for a few moments as Aria let her go and went over to Take. Illiana scratched her head for a few moments before taking out a teacup and saucer for herself. She poured more tea and placed the pot down. She then looked over to Chrono. The last time she had spoke to him was when she first met him if she had recalled correctly. The girl then spoke up. "Hey. Chrobo. Want some tea? Or something else? Best to relax even if it's for a minute then to let your stress drive you insane. Don't you think?" Illiana rested her chin on her hand as she looked over to Chrono, awaiting his answer.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Chrono was among the growing amount of people that were concerned with what Take had said in reaction to being called out by smiling. Before he could go see if he his friend was alright, Aria had gone ahead and done just that. Now it was just him, Illiana and Gylde. "It's Chrono." He said, pondering the idea of drinking tea. Other than how out of place it seemed to be drinking tea on the middle of the ship, it was a good idea for him to attempt to relax somewhat. At the very least relax his mind. "Sure, I suppose. I'll take some tea."

6. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    [​IMG]

Glyde accepted the tea, softly clasping the cup Illiana handed to him. His hand trembled slightly as he neared the cup towards his lips. He blew a light, rippling breath over the surface of beverage, just to be sure not to scald his tongue; some people, he understood, preferred it that way, but not him. Wresting control over his tremors, he tipped the cup towards his mouth.

The tea went down. Warmly and smoothly, the drink validated Illiana’s claim: slowly, but certainly, Glyde’s nerves eased. His tensions lifted and the trembling subsided. He exchanged a small, light smile to Aria as she came by, and then approached Illiana.
    “Regarding my comment earlier… about not wanting to be double crossed,” he would start as she would [presumably] procure a cup of tea for Chrono.

7. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

"Sure. I'll take some tea."Illiana nodded her head as Chrono responded and then grabbed another cup and saucer for Chrono. She placed the cup onto to the saucer and proceeded to pour out the tea. She passed it over to Chrono before speaking. "It's caramel milk tea. Just so you know." Illiana took another sip of her tea. She placed her sup onto the table before speaking again. "Still worried about Tinarah? You got 'Big Brother worries' written all over your face." Illiana took another sip. Glyde had then approached the girl and then began to speak. "Regarding my comment earlier… about not wanting to be double crossed..." She looked over before gesturing to Glyde to sit down. She placed her cup down and then placed a plate of chocolate chip cookies in the middle of the three. "Well it looks like it's time for 'Therapy with Illiana'. Alright, whoever wants to go first go for it. Hey. It might help you two with whatever is going on in those rooms called 'your mind'." Illiana linked her hands together before resting her chin on them as she looked at both Chrono and Glyde.

8. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    [​IMG]

Glyde withdrew a short pace, his face flushing a brilliant, bright red. Quickly, he gulped down another, larger sip of his tea. After a deep breath, he dropped easily into the chair. He took a third, small drink from his cup, and set it down on the table top.

“Between us,” he said, dropping his voice low and leaning in closer. He glanced around the deck; no was in earshot of the three of them. Directing his comment back to Illiana, he spoke, in a whisper, “I doubt that old metal-arm was planning to let us free at all.”

9. Arch Mana Knight

The captain stepped down from the overlook to gaze at the bunch of newcomers who had somehow boarded her ship. They had helped battle the beasts of darkness that emerged earlier and that was the only reason they hadn't been thrown into the brig at that moment. "Who are you and what are you doing on my ship?"

Jim stepped forth. "Captain Amelia, these are..." He looked over at the others. "Travelers who've come to help. We wouldn't have survived without them fighting those things!"

The captain narrowed her eyes at the students. "If you cause any trouble you'll all be thrown in the brig for the duration of the journey. This is my ship and you will obey any orders given from me without question." With that settled, for now, she turned towards Silver who was approaching Jim's side while avoiding looking at the students. "I must congratulate you Mister Silver. It seems your cabin boy did a bang up job with those life lines." She spoke with more pep in her voice.

She looked around at the her crew. "All hands accounted for, Mister Arrow?" She looked around once more only to see no sign of her first officer. "Mister Arrow?"

Crawling up towards Amelia and past the rest of the crew. In his claws was the hat that belonged to her first officer. He slowly held up the hat towards the captain and spoke remorsefully, "I'm afraid...Mister Arrow...has been lost. His life line was not secured." He bowed his head.

Hearing this, Jim panicked and shook his head. "No! I checked them all!" He ran towards the mast where he had been tying the life lines only to find that Arrow's had become undone. Jim took the rope in his hands and stared in disbelief and turned back towards the captain. The pained look she returned to him left him distraught. "I-I did! I checked them all...they were secure I swear!"

Amelia did not answer him and looked back at her people. "Mister Arrow was a...fine spacer. Finer than most of us could ever hope to be. But he knew the risks. As do we all. Resume your posts. We carry on." She turned away and walked back to her cabin, Arrow's hat in hand. The crew meanwhile began to go back to their tasks, Silver went after Jim and Scroop glared at Illiana and Glyde as he left to head below deck.

[​IMG]
    "You will be meeting Avra there. She is waiting for you." The Light Chaser spoke. "First things first," he looked towards Zeno, Pagos, and Koa and waved his hand to dismiss the students. "Find Dentro and continue your training. You will see battle again and when you do, I wish for you to be ready." The three nodded and bowed respectfully before taking off, with Koa giving one last glance towards Chrys before he vanished from view.

"You were right to allow her to leave with Torrin. Don't be surprised that I know. He was in no condition to put up a fight against you. I made sure of that. I can keep an eye on her regardless. Finding her again and convincing her of our ways will be a simple task." The Light Chaser leaned against the wall, appearing to relax someone and take a slightly more casual tone. After all, Chrys had been his student for five years. "I apologize for not telling you that Tinarah was not returned to her friends. The girl was weak and unprepared for the dangers ahead. Sending her back would have been a death sentence considering the poor job her master did of training her. These children who we have recently been interacting with are unskilled to say the least. Perhaps you should consider yourself lucky to have trained with me instead of someone less capable."

Torrin had gone on the defensive and was growing more weary with each passing second. He struggled to keep up and continue to parry her keyblade. Not only was he in a weakened state but he seemed to be unwilling to put his all in the fight. He just continued to lose ground until finally she knocked his blade from his hand and pointed her weapon at his throat. "That's it!? No! You're going to have to give me more than that! I'm not letting you die this easy." She spat.

"W-who...who are you?" He asked her making her lose her temper. She lifted and drew her keyblade back in a swift motion to cut his cheek.

"What? You don't recognize me? Or have you forgotten me already?"

[​IMG]
    "Mika...?"

"Not quite. Let's not make things too confusing. Call me...Kaela. Yeah, I like the sound of that."

"What are you?"

Without a response she swung her blade down at him. Torrin rolled out of the way and grabbed his keyblade in one motion only to be blasted backwards by her Fire spell and flung backwards into the door of the rundown shack, breaking it off its hinge and knocking him to the ground. "Disappointing. I suppose beggars can't be choosers. If this is your pathetic excuse of fighting back then I guess this is how your life ends. I really hoped for more. But I guess you failed me again. I should be used to that by now." She cast another Fire spell, causing the walls of the cabin to start burning. Torrin stared up at her at the entrance, either unable or unwilling to get back up and keep fighting her.

"What are you looking at? Stop it." She moved in, raising her keyblade to strike him down when the painful grip of a hand on her wrist stopped her short. "What!?"

[​IMG]

Choma's eyes were cold when he stared at the Nobody before him with the eyes of his student. Somewhere deep down inside the hatred he could sense within her was his student. He had not been there for her and now that he saw her with his own eyes, he believed the other masters' words. She had been turned into a Nobody in his absence. With that being true it followed that Torrin must have been from the Realm of Darkness as they had said. "That's enough, Mikaela. There will be no more bloodshed."

10. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria stood to attention when Captain Amelia addressed them. "If you cause any trouble you'll all be thrown in the brig for the duration of the journey. This is my ship and you will obey any orders given from me without question." She faltered in movement, but then remembered the books she read and saluted her. "A-Aye Captain..."

She watched the interaction between the crew and the captain. Everything seemed good until it seemed as if someone was missing. Aria looked around, realizing she didn't see the rock guy they briefly met before things went down completely. Something had happened, and Jim seemed to be fully responsible for it. Aria's heart went out to Jim when she realized the gravity of the situation. Like their small team, they too lost someone important to them.

When everyone seemed to have scattered, she sighed out heavily and hugged one of her arms to her body. All of this negativity for one day was beginning to weigh heavily on her. The tea helped for the moment, but she needed something a little more.

She absently picked at the friendship bracelet on her wrist next to the cursed golden bracelet. Aria looked at Take and cleared her throat. "
    I... um... I'm going to go look for a kitchen and make some hot chocolate." She forced a smile and glanced to the small group a ways behind them. Her eyes widened momentarily when she saw that they all got comfortable and were having a full-fledged tea party aboard. Which seemed really odd given the situation she had just witnessed. "Well then, eh... As much as I liked the tea, it's not really my thing." Aria sighed out and then rocked back on her heels, swinging her arms casually in front of her and clapping her hands a couple of times. "You're welcome to follow if you want. If you do, I'll make some for you too." She then nodded to him and then called out to the others, "I'll be right back! I'm going to have a look around!"

With that, Aria turned on her heels and darted off towards the stairs. She then descended below and had a glance around to make sure she was alone for a moment. Everyone seemed to have disappeared, giving her a chance to breathe.

She hugged her wrist with Mika's friendship bracelet to her body with and then the tears began to flow freely. Today was rough; she could have destroyed a whole world by leaving, she found out her best friend had died while she was gone, she fought in a tough battle, she saw the nightmare of her childhood in broad daylight, and someone died while they were taking care of the heartless without them knowing. The hardest thing though was losing her best friend. Aria was the only one left from Choma's team now. And although Atmos' students seemed really nice, she still felt very much alone.

Aria's shoulders shook as she forced herself to cry in silence. She swallowed a lump in her throat and took a deep breath as the hot tears flowed freely. With Mika gone, she felt a piece of her lost. She knew they all took this risk when they went to train with Master Choma, but she didn't think it would be this soon or it would even happen at all. Mika was her first best friend she ever had that was around her age, and accepted Aria for who she was with her weird quirks and all. Aria was going to miss her terribly...

Sniffing and feeling apprehensive about someone catching her crying, she wiped her eyes furiously with the back of her hand and then shook her wrists out as she walked. She peeked around the place, walking slower as she was on the search for a kitchen... If this place even had one.

Soon, she spotted a stove after poking her head into a doorway and breathed out in relief. Stray tears kept running down her face, and she muttered at herself to stop it while walking in to have a look around. It seemed pretty cozy, and somewhat organized too. There was the smell of savory spices and vegetables, which reminded her of her Aunt Anja's kitchen for a moment. Aria was familiar with the setting, yet she didn't want to go poking into someone's cupboards without permission. After all, Captain Amelia said if they would cause trouble, they would be thrown in the brig. And if getting into someone else's food supply was trouble... well, she was going to have to find the owner somehow...

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    In the nullness of the moment, Take was pretty sure the only reason he followed Aria was because of the idea of having chocolate. It wasn't he one weakness or anything, he just really liked food and chocolate just happened to be one of his favorite treats he seldom got. He watched Aria dart ahead and he took a bit of time to get down just to breathe. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, Aria was already working in the kitchen with... tears in her eyes. Takehiko paused a moment trying to think of something to say, he didn't like the idea of seeing anyone upset, it was the same reason why he'd gone to attempt to make Tinarah feel better... though he wasn't sure it worked. Take leaned against the counter of the kitchen while Aria was starting to get to work and he fiddled with his thumbs a little before he finally said, "If um... if you want to talk about anything I'll listen..." Takehiko blinked and looked away saying, "Or if you would prefer not to, that's quite alright too..."

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria jumped a little when she heard a voice behind her. She was so fixated on her thoughts she didn’t think that Take would actually follow her. When he mentioned about talking about her feelings, she reached up to her cheek and felt tears remaining there. “Oh...” She rubbed at it and then sniffed as she opened the cupboards to have a look around to at least see if all of the ingredients were there in the first place. “I kind of do, actually... It’s been a very rough and confusing kind of day.”

She found a can of cocoa powder, sugar, and she even found some kind of cooler box with cream and milk. She left the cooler items alone and then turned to Take while leaning against the counter opposite of him. “I had a lot of things thrown at me in a short span, but I’ll try to only say what’s bothering me most. Being with the Light Chaser was... weird. I didn’t know what was truthful or what wasn’t... and I was trapped there with him when... things went down for you guys...”

Aria felt a chill go down her spine and rubbed her shoulders. “I didn’t have any friends my age back in my homeworld. They were around, it was that... A lot of people didn’t like me... We have monsters that kind of look like wolves or bears. There were some other things too, but wolf like ones were the bigger threat. I was told they kept to themselves and stayed in the mountains before. And then when I was brought to my aunt and uncle, that was when the monsters started to venture near the farms and villages and attack people in broad daylight. Like they were possessed or rabid. So they thought I brought some kind of bad luck with me, and...”

She trailed off and looked down to the ground while trying to figure out how much she wanted to tell. Aria bit the inside of her cheek and then glanced at the threads by the Light Chaser’s own jewelry. “Then I met Mika... and she was the first person outside of my family to accept me for who I was; rainbow, happy, go-lucky, and a joy bringer rather than a curse bearer.” Her vision clouded over again and she felt the sadness wash over her again. “And now she’s gone...” Her voice cracked and she let out a quiet sob before putting a hand over her mouth and closing her eyes to bring herself together. “I-I know... I know it’s not anyone’s fault. I know that I can’t go b-back and change anything. I know w-we were going to go through hard times like this, but it’s just so painful.”

She grabbed her shirt in a bunch by her heart and kept it there. “I’m s-sorry I’m like this right now,” she said to Take as she kept her head bowed down. She was embarrassed to look at him while being so weak like this. “I just needed to cry, and I think I’ll be able to be alright soon... just for now it hurts...”

13. Aelin Best Waifu

Episode Tinarah: Part 5
    A New Start?

[​IMG]
    "This should be it." Master Fost spoke as he folded his arms, staring up at the castle ahead.

"Yes, it is. Can I help you?" A warm and soft voice belonging to a man spoke from behind the two.

Fost jumped and spun around looking ready for a fight but he relaxed when he saw who it was. Before them stood a man looking to be roughly the same age as Fost, his features softer than Fost's but his white hair long and flowing. "Don't do that." Fost growled lowly.

"I thought you of all people would have known I'd have done that." The man mused. "Welcome to my castle, both of you. I am Master Stamatis at your service. What can I do for you?"

Fost's eyes stayed narrowed at the other master but he breathed out and finally spoke in response. "This young girl, Tinarah, might be displaced from her time period."

The instant the word "time" was spoken Stamatis looked at the girl with intrigue and knelt in front of her to get a closer look though kept some distance from her as to not make her too uncomfortable. He held out his hands, palms towards Tinarah, and closed his eyes without saying a word. Fost folded his arms and went quiet save for the tapping of his foot against the ground as he waited for whatever examination Stamatis was doing to be over. A minute passed. And then another.

"Ah yes...your suspicion is correct." Stamatis smiled.

"So what? Can you send her back?"

"Nope." He stated simply.

"Nope? What kind of answer is that?" Fost was clearly annoyed.

"I can't send her back. But she can send her back." Stamatis's voice remained calm and clear as if he was talking about something as trivial as sweeping or cutting grass.

Fost blinked in disbelief. "...What?"

"I meant exactly what I said. I cannot fling her into the future to a destination where I am not. But I can train her to take herself back." He spoke with optimism.

Fost grunted. "That'll be a problem. She can't use her keyblade."

Stamatis frowned. "I see...well then, back to the basics it is."

Tinarah jumped equally as much as Fost, if not more. She was on edge enough as it was given the entire situation, people sneaking up on her did not help in the slightest. At least turning around, the man looked nice enough, his features were softer than most the adults that she had met recently, so that was nice. The man seemed to be helpful too, welcoming them and asking what he could do for them, even as Fost was clearly a little put off by the surprise. And once more Fost took lead in talking to her, so Tinarah could stay back and quiet and not make a bigger fool of herself than she already had been.

The conversation was rather short before the man examined her then knelt in front of her. Tinarah was a little unsure of what to do with it. He held his hands out to her and went rather still. It felt like a life time of awkward silence and stillness while she waited for him to do something again, at least open his eyes, or speak. Finally he did however and told Fost that he was right, she was not from this time period. Tinarah didn't even know how that was possible, being sent to a time period that she didn't belong, but here she was, and seeing young Choma, she had a hard time arguing otherwise.

The problem with the situation turned out to be, this new master, he didn't have the ability to send her back. Tinarah looked at him rather disappointed. He offered to train her, but she didn't have a keyblade, and she had never thought herself a particularly good student. Fost brought up the keyblade point for her, but the man still seemed willing to train her.
    "A-are you sure it isn't too much trouble. I didn't.... I don't want to burden anyone anymore than I do." Though her head was still tilted down, she looked up at Stamatis through her long eyelashes. She honestly felt awful about how much everyone had to do to help her, and part of her was disappointed that it wasn't Fost offering to train her. He had helped her so far, brought her to such a beautiful world and just as she was starting to trust him, she was passed off again. She knew they were all only trying to help, but it hurt, just another small pain to add to the aching of her heart that had only grown since she tried to return to her brother from the sleeping world of Eventide.

Master Stamatis looked around as if searching for someone but there was no one around save the three of them standing there in front of the castle. "I don't see any students other than yourself. Do you?" Fost rolled his eyes and huffed clearly not amused with the other master's general attitude. "Don't mind him. He's always been like this and you, luckily, will not have to deal with him for much longer."

"Better than putting up with you." Fost muttered lowly.

"In any case, of course. I have no trouble teaching you, Tinarah. I would not have become a teacher if it was not for me. Though, considering your circumstance, I must warn you that it will take time before I can even begin teaching you the ways of, well, time." He smiled confidently. "Once you regain the use of your keyblade everything from there will fall into place." Stamatis glanced over at Fost and nodded at the man. "Thank you for bringing her to me. I can take it from here."

"You sure?" Fost looked from Stamatis towards Tinarah and, though they had only spent a very short time together, the concern he held for her was clear in his voice.

"Of course."

Fost grumbled and folded his arms then unfolded them looking uncomfortable. "I'm not...good at this."

Sensing that it was better to give the two some space, Stamatis stood back up and stepped away from the two until he was out of earshot. Fost coughed and shifted in the spot where he was standing as he tried to form the right words to say in this situation. Finally, after a long moment, he composed himself and began to speak with a lighter tone than he normally did. "Look kid, I hope you make it back in one piece. Just take care of yourself, okay? It looks like you've got a long road ahead of yourself so don't give up hope just because you won't be getting back home as soon as you expected. Just know that whoever's out there waiting for you hasn't forgotten about you and hold onto that."

The man seemed nice, making a point to show that he didn't mind teaching her, looking around for other students that weren't there and shrugging. It made Tinarah feel a little better. She giggled a little bit at the banter between the two masters. She didn't think they disliked each other completely. While they might have been going back and forth a bit but she hoped that it was because they were comfortable with each other, no hostility meant.

The attention was turned back to her once more as he confirmed that he would teach her. Tinarah nodded her thanks to him. But then he mentioned it might take a while, and while that should have been obvious, it was slightly worrisome. She didn't know who might be worried about her and waiting, certainly not her brother however. Perhaps Master Choma would notice her gone and be worried about her, or maybe Mika. She had run away from home over a month ago so any worry her father would have wasn't going to be over this. Perhaps no one would worry over her, maybe it didn't matter how long it took her to get back, either way though she would get back to her time.

Master Stamatis dismissed Fost after that, but the other master seemed a little hesitant to go quite yet. Stamatis took a step back so that they had room to talk and Tinarah stood there quietly waiting. She didn't know what to say anymore than he did. When he finally did speak Tinarah shifted awkwardly.
    "I will.... Though I don't think anyone is waiting for me." She said quietly before looking away. "I ran away from my dad, and... and my brother tried to kill me. My mom was murdered five years ago. I still want to get home, but no one is waiting." She stated to him, her voice quiet and a bit shaky as she looked up again to meet his eyes for a moment. "Thank you, for everything. Please, both you and Master Stamatis said I would be here a while, so come visit." She encourage, actually wanting him to come visit on occasion so maybe she wouldn't feel so alone.

"I'm sorry for what happened with your family. Sometimes things don't pan out the way we wanted them to but that can make us stronger." Fost looked over towards Stamatis and called out to him. "She's all yours now." He turned to make his exit and paused, turning his head to look over his shoulder. "I can't visit often, but I will visit."

"And bring some food when you do." Stamatis jumped in. "Even I get tired of growing my own food."

"Sure. Why not?" Fost waved at the two and in an instant he was gone in a flash of light.

Now that Fost was gone the remaining master turned towards the girl and clapped his hands together. "So then, shall we get started?"

Six days pass...

Tinarah couldn't tell what Fost was thinking after she told him what had happened with her family. He almost seemed to be avoiding it, giving vague apologies and advice before turning to Stamatis and passing her off. He did however stop before leaving turning to her and promising that he would visit. She had wished he would promise to visit often, but at least he would visit some, it was better than nothing. While she hadn't known Fost for long she still had to hold back tears as he watched him leave, especially after Stamatis approached touching her shoulder and advised they got started. She nodded before turning and following him towards the castle.

The next few days were filled with mostly chores. It wasn't her favourite thing to do, it wasn't necessary half the time, and Tinarah certainly didn't see the point in it, but she was too shy to ask about the purpose of it. Tinarah kept quiet and to her self as much as she could during those days. At least she was familiar with most of the chores that she was doing. She had done plenty of these kinds of chores for her dad after her mothers death. She liked trying to help when it was needed, but this didn't seem needed.

Stamatis also had her doing physical activities, including walking to a well to fetch water. Stamatis had only gone with her once, the first time, since then he insisted that she go on her own. Tinarah often tried to object to it, tried to ask him to join her again, but she always lost that battle. She always had to go, and she always had to do it by herself. Tinarah was jumpy every time that she had to go, and she had yet to get over it. At least she could walk with her back straight now, not hunched and shaking like she had the first time she went by herself. Still even on this trip, six days after coming here, she was looking over her shoulder, scanning the surrounding area for danger as she walked.

On the castle grounds there sat Master Stamatis, his legs crossed and his eyes closed. His keyblade was laid flat across his lap. The day had been calm, the sky was overcast and the air was growing thick with the humidity of the coming rain. In the distance the rumble of thunder echoed through the skies. He tilted his head when he heard the now-familiar sound of footsteps coming from the trail heading back towards the castle. Without opening his eyes or even turning his head he called out towards Tinarah.

"Come. Put those buckets down and sit with me." He spoke softly. The air was fresh and the grass was soft and now was as good as time as any for Tinarah to take a breather and let everything else fade away. Training was good for the body but mediation was good for the mind and soul.

Tinarah was surprised as she neared the castle to have Master Stamatis call out for her to join him. Quietly she set the buckets down, moving them off to the side and out of the way before making her way over to the man. Sitting cross legged on the grass she took a moment to stretch her arms out. Tinarah wouldn't have said she was put of shape but she wasn't quite strong enough to carry the two buckets of water without problem.

Sitting there Tinarah gave Stamatis a glance waiting to hear what he had to say. Over the past days she had fell into silence for the most part, only speaking when she needed to. This wasn't uncommon for Tinarah, at home there was times that the sound of her violin was the only sound she made. This silence was different though because she didn't have her violin for company and that was killing her inside a little.

"Close your eyes, Tinarah. Inhale with your nose, exhale with your mouth. Continue to do so slowly and clear your mind. Do not fall asleep but simply take in what is around you with your other senses." Stamatis's tone was warm and soft. Once more thunder rumbled in the far distance. The man breathed out slowly. "Can you hear it?" The wind picked up ever so slightly creating the gentle sound of tree leaves swaying in the breeze. Birds chirped and flapped their wings as they fled to their homes upon sensing the coming rain.

"Just let go. Reality will still be here when you are ready." He inhaled deeply. Somewhere beyond the trees crickets chirped. He exhaled. "Let go."

Sitting down, Stamatis started instructing Tinarah to do something she knew as meditating. And while Tinarah had heard of it before, she had to admit she was not very good at it. While silence and sitting still were too things that she was quite comfortable doing, clearing her mind was a whole different ball park. The closest she usually got was distracting herself with her violin, playing music. When she really tried she couldn't think of anything but what she was doing with her fingers and her bow, that being said she still wasn't in a place of silent meditation, not in the way that Stamatis seemed to want.

As the thunder rumbled in the distance Tinara tensed for a moment before forcing herself to relax a bit while she focused on her breathing. She tried to listen to what was around her, but instead she found her mind flooding with music, songs she could play and songs she wished she was good enough to play alike. Slowly in the silence she found herself moving her fingers into the shape of various chords as her other hand slowly ran an invisible bow across invisible strings to match the tempo of the sounds around her. The sound of the crickets, or the beating of birds wings, all depending on what had a discernible pattern that she could pick up on at that time. She kept her eyes close while she let her mind drift to the silent music that she was creating. Perhaps it wasn't the meditation that Stamatis wanted, but it was the form of meditation that Tinarah took.

Stamatis went silent but opened a single eye to peek over at the young girl to ensure that she was doing well in her attempt to meditate. He wasn't a mind reader and could only make a judgment over how effective her meditation was once enough time passed but for now, this was good enough. He closed his eye and breathed in slowly as he resumed his own meditation. And then the rain came.

Thirty days pass...

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Chrono had no intention on suddenly relying on Illiana as a shrink, especially when he knew next to nothing about her to begin with. He did take a sip of the tea she had provided for him and spoke after putting the glass down. "Kinda hard not to, but I'm not going to get into details. I barely know you after all." He could've said more, but not only did he not feel like doing so, there wasn't much else that he wanted to say in the first place.

When they were address by the captain and she made their position very clear on the ship. Not wanting to be thrown into the brig for an undetermined amount of time, Chrono did the smart thing and responded with a simple
    "Yes Ma'am." Tensing up as he said that too, though said tensity only last for the duration of the captains focus at them. Once she turned away, Chrono very quickly and noticeable relaxed from his posture. He stayed like that just long enough to hear that they had lost someone and the aftermath of that realization.

Everyone had gone their own ways and Chrono had walked towards the lifeline of Mister Arrow to examine it. Making a mistake was possible, but this was something to keep people alive. Such tasks would usually cause whoever working on them to take extra precautions to ensure that something didn't go wrong. Chrono really just wanted to see for himself how the lifeline became undone. He grasps the line and ran his free hand down, closely examined the rope. He found where it had come undone and further down the rope he caught something else.

The point where his hand hand currently stopped at was where the rope looked to have been cut by something sharp. Chrono was surprised to see this and yet he knew that he couldn't tell anyone. Not without some evidence or knowing who did it. He was already an newbie to this ship which wouldn't help back any baseless accusations that he made. It'd make things worse, probably start something and get himself thrown in the brig.

15. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take listened intently to what Aria said, and was a little surprised to get told what happened to her in her homeworld. He didn't think the conversation would go nearly that far back, he had suspicions it was more over recent events, like Mika (which it was) or possibly Tinarah. He listened and nodded occasionally to show active listening, since apparently people thought he zoned out, and when she finished he tried to figure out how to reply. He almost felt like it was a lie to tell her it was okay to cry, because he didn't believe in that himself. He wanted to tell her everything out be alright, but with the bracelet situation and Mika being gone, he didn't want to lie to her about that either. The boy rubbed his wrist again without thinking about it, almost an action he reflexively did rather than consciously doing so. When words finally came, he let go of the wrist and went with it, "Well... Mika isn't gone. I mean. No I'm not trying to get your hopes up about something like that I didn't mean to I just... she's she's always here." he pointed towards Aria's chest before realizing she might not be able to figure out where he was pointing so he rolled eyes and placed his hand on his own chest, "Here. I-I know it's corny, but... the people we lose, they don't leave us, they always leave an impact. It hurts, the hurt doesn't go away, but sometimes it's a bit easier to move knowing that they would want you not to dwell for too long. I... know that's not easy either."

Take let his hand fall onto the counter gently and he stood up straighter, stretching slightly as he said,
    "I've lost a lot of people in my life, and I know they want me to carry forward... Iwa-... my brothers would probably want me to do that with a smi- ...with some dignity. Some people react differently. It's... it's okay to cry. It's better than not crying at all and having it build up into something negative... " Take rubbed the back of his head and said, "And believe me, you're not a bringer of bad luck. It's just.... all the bad things want your good luck... no that one was a bad attempt at making you feel better don't listen to that last one."

16. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    The girl sniffled and quieted down as she listened to Take. She lifted her chin and watched him as he tried to piece words together the best he could. Even though he was having the hardest time forming the right words, it was sweet of him. It sounded as if he had gone through a similar experience, and knew how to deal with it to his abilities.

Aria’s lips curled upward through the tears as she took the sleeve of her shirt and wiped her eyes and cheeks. “No, I understand what you’re trying to say.” She cleared her throat and let her hands push her weight up to sit on the counter and rested her arms on her knees. “The people you love most will always stay with you no matter what; even if they aren’t physically here. And the bad things wanting my luck... or light, I guess... want to take that away from me. Which means in order to fight back, I have to take this loss and use it as a strength instead of something that’s gonna weigh me down. Because if I am down, that’s when I’ll be the weakest. And if I’m weak, then what good am I to protect everyone here who needs my help?”

She breathed out gradually to get her center again. “Thanks Takehiko... I mean it. Things have been so confusing and happening so fast, I don’t have time to blink.” Aria lifted her wrist and fingered the golden chain around it. “And being told I’m a princess of heart... a being of light... I don’t know if I should believe it. But if it’s true, then it makes a lot more sense why the bad things want to take my luck away.”

She then raised an eyebrow as she remembered what happened in battle. “I don’t think this is just a tracker, by the way... I think it has some kind of protection spell. There was one point where I got distracted, and one of the Pirate Heartless swung at my shoulder. But this golden light suddenly appeared, and I was hardly touched. While you guys were getting beat up, I was doing okay... Oh yeah, speaking of battles and getting beat up...”

Aria kicked her legs a little while dangling them there and stared at Take a moment. “If I bring you back from near death with a cure spell again, and then you throw yourself right back into the fire just to be near death again or even die... I’m going to bring you back from the dead and poke you so hard in the forehead, you won’t wake up for like... five hours. Or until we really need you and someone calms down my anger.”

Aria gave him a playful, grumpy stare and then giggled as she couldn’t keep it. She hopped off the counter and then approached Take, lightly poking him on the forehead. She then opened a cabninent above him to see if ther could be anything else to add to the hot cocoa mixture. “I’m kidding. But I will be kinda mad if my cure spells go wrong. I don’t want to heal you only just to lose you soon afterwards, kay? You’re a really good fighter. And if we lose you suddenly, I think we’ll be sorta screwed until we can get you back up. I mean, everyone was cutting it close out there. But I think I just don’t know what I’m saying at this point, cause I just got here and I don’t know everyone’s fighting styles. But it did concern me when you were... um... a little... enthusiastic? And you were near death all over again. Sorry, I’m just kind of rambling and talking too much...”

She wasn’t crying anymore and she didn’t seem depressed, but there was that ache inside. She felt it once when a friend of hers disappeared, but this one stung more deeply. But Aria had to move on, just like Take said. Mika wouldn’t want her to be sad for too long after all.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  17. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Takehiko listened to her response to his... advice. And was a bit surprised how quickly the conversation turned into something that resulted in him being the "bad guy". Take heard her mention his enthusiasm and he flushed a bit with embarrassment and said, "I-I try to over-motivate myself so I don't give up. Let's me let a little energy out. I mean... I'm more of a shield than anything, I can take a hit... I just... didn't take them right this time... ya know? I just wanted to get the fight over with faster." Take sighed a bit and said, "I'll just... I'll be more conscious about it next time, okay? I just... I can't promise I won't get hit. Or hyped. I'll just be better about it." the boy looked around the kitchen and said, "You don't talk too much. If anything... I talk too little. I mean, I've been working on that but... trust me you don't talk too much. Illillama talks too much. " Take paused and murmured under his breath, "Illiana... not Illillama... you know what, I'm gonna keep using that.... anyway even if you did talk too much, don't worry about it unless you've gotta keep quiet."

18. Arch Mana Knight

A burnt paper floated down into Chrono's line of sight, possibly having been caught up in the solar storm...or possibly having appeared from out of thin air. It looked to be incomplete.

[​IMG]

The thudding of heavy footsteps approached Takehiko and Aria. Silver stepped into the galley, his face somber, but when he saw the two children in his kitchen(neither of them being Illiana or Glyde) his expression lightened. "I see you've found me humble galley. Taken a liking to it, have you?" He showed the two a big smile and stepped closer. "How about I make you some of me famous family stew?" He looked at Takehiko then back at Aria. "You kids showing up when you did was a real help." He added. "How about telling an old man how ya managed that?"

19. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria's eyes widened when Take seemed to apologize for the way he fought. "Whoa, whoa, it's okay!" Aria said with a smile as she raised her hands up in the air. "I just was worried about you, that was all. If anything, I was kind of wondering if you could show me how to fight sometime. The Light Chaser had me duel one of his students to see where I was at, and I only lasted like five minutes... I need to learn as much as possible," she mumbled as she rubbed the back of her head.

She felt better when Take said she didn't talk much, and then snorted out a giggle when Take called Illiana Iliama. "
    Heh, I like that name better than mine. I forgot her name when we first met, so substituted it for Bread Girl cause she was really fascinated with the bakery when we were in Eventide."

She was about to carry the conversation more with Take when she heard heavy footsteps and glanced up. Aria almost thought she was at home again from that familiar sound, but then was reminded she was far away from Amerath when she saw Silver walk into the kitchen. Her heart fell for a moment as she stood by Take, quietly listening to Silver's words for a moment. So this was Silver's kitchen, or galley as he called it. That was sort of a relief for her. She then looked to her ingredients she grabbed on the counter, and then back to Silver. "
    I'd like to try your family stew, that sounds nice," she said with a smile. "I was actually looking for the ki- I mean the galley. And I wanted to make some hot chocolate, but I didn't want to make it without asking if I could use some ingredients and whatnot. Er... may I?" She asked with a grin as she placed her hand hands behind her back and slightly swayed her shoulders in place. "You can have some too if you want, Mister Silver. That is, um, if I'm allowed to make it..."

She then heard the question and scratched her head a bit. "
    Uh... how we managed to fight? Or how we got here?" Aria asked, not wanting to assume things.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  20. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    When Take heard the footsteps coming down, he didn't think much of it, but he did turn just to see who mainly because Aria did. When it turned out to be Silver, the person Illiana had previously mentioned was the reason she'd vanished... he almost wanted to give the man a high five for a moment if anything just to be sarcastic about it but he decided he should probably focus on the fact this man was asking a very direct question to figure out how they got there. When he heard Aria's response, Take turned his head towards her, "I think he meant showing up here." Take then turned to Silver and said, "Accidentally. Mostly...." Take paused a minute and thought a bit before crossing his arms and saying, "Our weapons we used to help fight those creatures, they have this particular effect where we kind of hop to the nearest place those creatures would be. And it just happened to be this ship. So... well, here we are. And they haven't made us move yet so, this is probably still the most likely place..." Take tried to keep a straight face as he explained this, and trying to speak with a matter-of-fact tone, but the problem was he was making this up on the spot and didn't know how believable it was.