Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2019-5-9_21-8-1.png

Upon seeing the clouds coming closer, Kosmo hid into Lumen’s hood feeling something off. The boy then noticed this and gulped slightly until hearing the man’s words about himself. This was who they were looking for, but what did he mean about a retired officer? He didn’t hear this from Qamar so he was slightly confused. “Uhh... Unfortunately, we don’t. I hope you don’t mind if we stay here temporarily, right?” He asked both the man, who Qamar remembered his name as Somna Zalam, and his friend to see if it was fine. However this would be a problem if the others needed their help with the storm brewing, but Lumen was sure they might be fine. Hopefully.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Tinarah laughed, she knew it was awkward but didn't think she had been that corny. "It wasn't that bad, was it?" She asked. It couldn't have been too bad since he was still talking to her, well he was trying until suddenly a hand covered both of their mouths. Illiana had appeared from behind them to join in on the action it seemed after being gone for so long. The idea bothered her in a way that Illiana just came back like nothing happened but she wasn't going to say anything about it. It seemed that Take was even less impressed with it however. "As much as I would like to say so, I can't let her die. Come on lets go save her butt. Lucky for us we don't have to get too close to do that." Tinarah stated as she rolled her eyes and started forward. The battle with the Mech's seemed to be in full throttle and Illiana had run in, so at this point there was no more waiting. Stepping up to the point she could have a better view, Tinarah started to cast her magic into the chaos below, trying to provide back up and keeping things away from her friends while they dealt with the bigger issues.

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar looked off to see clouds beginning to roll in. The man spoke and answered her questions, causing Qamar to look at him closer. He was the man they were looking for. He was Somna Zalam. Her heart skipped a beat and she just wanted to give him a hug right then and there, but she needed to compose herself. Itd be awkward to do that, for sure, so she nodded at him. "No, we don't live nearby. Actually, the place we're staying at is quite a bit away. We'd be grateful to have shelter from this storm." She gave a small bow to him.

When he took them to the house, Qamar waited until they were inside before she cleared her throat. "Somna Zalam, right? The man that lost his very pregnant wife many years ago?" She started off. "You look a little older than I was lead to believe, but you are in your forties, right? Remember this dagger?" She asked as she removed the hilt from her hip and held it up. She then held the picture up she carried. "I was only 12 and I stole this from you. I was younger than that when I lost her...what I'm getting at is that I think you're my father. I heard so many stories from my mother....I don't know...if this is enough to prove it...." Qamar looked down, wondering what he would say.

Last edited: May 11, 2019
  4. Arch Mana Knight

Torrin offered a wave to Enzo then, realizing the issue with that, he patted Enzo on the shoulder before leading Aria down another hallway that eventually led to a stairway that brought them down a floor. "The common folk know some of the story about the kingdom's founding, the nobles know a little more, but the royal family? Well surprisingly even we don't know the whole story. A lot of that portion of history has been lost because it happened so far back...before the Keyblade War, before the War of Realms, before a lot of things. Basically..." As they descended down yet another flight of stairs Torrin snapped his fingers causing wisps of blue flame to appear out of thin air to light their way forward while Torrin slowed his pace to explain to Aria why he was taking her to where he was going.

"Way back, there were thirteen rulers whose hearts were of the purest darkness. They reached a decision to end the wars between them by joining together to form a single kingdom. They decided to rule together and for a while that system worked. I can't imagine how complicated it would be to have thirteen kings at once but the legends say they were so wise that they just knew how to make it work. So after a few years of peace one of these kings, believing himself to be the most powerful of his peers, decided that he no longer wished to share in the spotlight with his fellow rulers and betrayed them all. A great battle ensued and their clash shook the Realm of Darkness. By the end of it there were no survivors. All thirteen kings perished. The kingdom was in shock and without a ruler to guide them. But...that's where things start to get really mysterious. There's been several versions of the rest of the tale spoken of but each one holds something in common. A woman who had been known to be a close personal friend of the kings revealed that she had carried the heir of one of those kings. A son whose father she refused to share the identity of. The strength of the boy's heart was so apparent that no one doubted she had told the truth of the child's royal parentage." And down another flight they went.

"Anyway...since no one knew who that child's father was, it was just accepted that the twelve kings who defended the realm were collectively considered as the ancestors of what is now my family line. It's said that their power is the reason why a king of this realm can call on the powers of all the knights who have fallen in battle to the service of the kingdom." Torrin paused and stopped walking as the walls came closer the further they went. "So...that leads me to the last part of the story. I'm not sure how you feel about this but we're heading down to the crypt. It's well taken care of just...dark and a little stuffy. You see, supposedly anyone in the line of royal succession can ask the founder kings for wisdom in times of need and I figured what better place to ask than where they're memorialized?" Torrin laughed nervously and scratched the back of his head. "I...I know how you feel about cramped spaces so if you want to wait upstairs then that's fine."

"Yes. I remember that dagger..." Somna spoke as he began to approach Qamar. He examined the blade carefully then the picture the girl carried, his eyes widening as he looked back from the picture to Qamar and back again. "It can't be...I searched so long for you...I gave up my post years ago just to continue the search." Tears welled up in the man's eyes. "Is that you...? Qamar?" He took yet another step closer, gripping the girl by her shoulders to look her in the eyes to see if there was some cruel deception at play. "I...I..." Before he could finish forming the words that his mind was struggling to come up with the ground rumbled and the sky had began to darken until it was becoming pitch black. "Oh no. Nonono..." He released Qamar and called out to the town, "Everyone! They're coming! Take shelter underground now! Do not leave until I come for you!" He shouted as loud as he could. On those words the town bell rang signalling everyone to retreat into their basements.

"You two," he spoke to Qamar and Lumen, "with me. Now. There's no time to waste." He went around his home and led them to the back where he knelt down and lifted a heavy metal trapdoor that had a ladder that led straight down at least thirty feet. "In. Now. We're not safe up here."

"You morons! What are you doing!? Get out there and destroy those rogue mechs before they ruin the place!" A muscular man shouted from his position in a guard tower as he oversaw the destruction below.

"B-but Mister Quinton our guns are ineffective against them!"

The blond man gripped the security officer by the collar and easily lifted him off his feet, the facility's sirens blaring as Chrono, Chrys, and Gladio unloaded their arsenal in the hangar while Gigas security opened fire on them with machine guns whose bullets ricocheted harmlessly off of the mechs. Behind his shades the man glared and tossed the goon aside. "Glorified mall cop." He hissed. "Have your men hold off those mechs as long as possible while I get in the Boss's own prototype. Do NOT screw this up. Capiche?"

"Y-yes boss!" The man scrambled to his feet and took off to call in more reinforcements to open fire against the three mechs. In moments Gigas security armed with rocket launchers began to arrive on scene. One fired at Chrys's mech and managed to strike at its leg, the explosion doing enough damage to force the mech into an awkward limp and hamper its mobility.

5. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2019-5-12_12-51-20.png

For a bit, Lumen just stood to the side while Qamar and her father had their moment together as he shuffled his feet waiting. While waiting he felt Kosmo shivering in his hood which made him confused until he realized the ground rumbling and sky getting darker by the minute. It wasn’t long until it was pure dark and couldn’t see a thing, for the most part that is. “Thaaaat’s.... not good...” He confirmed while summoning his Keyblade, but only used it for a source of light so he could see. Confusion was all around him when hearing bells and the streets being deserted of people as they headed home. It wasn’t long until Somna collected the two of them over to a metal trap door that he had. Nodding to the man, Lumen dismissed his Keyblade and slid down the ladder carefully until reaching the bottom. “I got a reeeal bad feeling about this......”

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    As the fight raged on, Tinarah climbed up so she chad a bit of a better view looking down towards the chaos before her and Take. As she did, she found herself looking down on what seemed to be people firing on her friends mech's, but the bullets didn't do much to them. Tinarah was thankful in the manner it meant that her friends were safe, but if that was the tech a company like this was building, well they would all be in a lot of trouble. Soon a larger mech appeared and was preparing to fire on them. Well if they hadn't noticed her yet, they might just now. The new mech was able to take out of leg of one of her friends mech's, though Tinarah wasn't sure who was in that particular one. She decided to take a page out of the Light Chasers students book. Plunging herself deep into her well, Tinarah began to pull out mass amounts of her magic at once firing them into a wall that would separate the attacking mech, from the mech's that her team was currently piloting. The wall was thick, solid ice, but it was taking all her focus to keep it up. She might have been able to manage the occasional small spell here or there, but nothing of significant force. "Take, can you try and take out the guns while I keep the wall maintained." He was good with his magic now, she was sure he could handle it from this distance and had a feeling that Take would appreciate another change to show off his magical capabilities that he seemed quite proud of.

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria tried her best to listen to Torrin's tale as carefully as she could as they descended down the stairs. Down stairs was not her favorite place to go, especially when it was dark. There was candles to light the way with a snap of a finger, but that did little to soothe Aria's churning stomach. And as the story went on, so did the stairs, and so did Aria's fears. Basements were not her favorite places to be.

Get it together, she scolded herself, pinching her wrist as she walked. It wasn't so enclosed as she thought it was, until they suddenly stopped, and Aria blinked and had a good look around. Is it just me or are the walls getting closer together...? And then it was then Torrin decided to reveal the big news of where they were going. GREAT! JUST GREAT YOU COULD HAVE TOLD ME SOONER. BUT NOOOOOO. I'M ABOUT TO GO INTO AN ENCLOSED PLACE WITH DEAD PEOPLE IN COFFINS. SOUNDS LIKE LOTS OF FUN! It was either that or turn around and go back up the dark stairways alone and maybe get lost in the castles somewhere. Debating with herself briefly, Aria sighed inwardly and forced a smile. "And leave you alone in this cheery place? Nah, I'll tough it out. Come on, let's get a move on." Aria skirted around Torrin and started leading the way, feeling her heart begin to pound in her chest. Oh man, what am I getting myself into...

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Chrono always wondered why in the shows why people would bother with shooting at a large mech with bullets that very clearly did nothing to them and right now he was wondering the same thing, but feeling pretty grateful for their incompetence. One less thing to worry about in the long run as he turned off the lasers to give them a chance to recharge and swapped out his regular arms for the bladed ones and continued wreaking mayhem to all that was around him.

When the explosions started to happen, that hadn't been caused by him, Chrys, Gladio, he immediately noticed that they were no longer shooting bullets at them, but instead had rockets. Something that could actually deal damage to them while possibly destroying the mechs they were in. Chrono had caught a glance at the rocket that was being aimed at him just as the wall of ice rose up to stop it. He might've lost a year or two to his life for a second there.

9. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar heard her name from him and she felt tears in her eyes, staring at him and nodding. "Y...Yes, it's me. Mother always said you'd named me..." she spoke, hearing him get interrupted by the impending storms. Soon, they were ushered to a basement as bells rang and people ran from the streets. Qamar was very confused, but she was sure this was the right thing to do. Though hearing he had given up his post was rather disturbing. Heading down the basement, Qamar stood beside Lumen and glanced to her father. "Father, I have to ask...do you know what happened to mother at all?" she asked, looking around as the ground continued to rumble.

10. Arch Mana Knight

He raised an eyebrow, more than a little surprised that Aria went around him to take the lead. Even though she hid it well he could tell that she wasn't exactly comfortable being here. He couldn't blame her. It took him years to get over the creep factor this place held and even then he always felt like something was watching him any time he neared the crypt entrance. An active imagination hardly helped with those feelings as a child.

Torrin held up his hand as blue flames circled around it, bathing the surrounding area in a bright glow that blended with the dim glow the wisps were already giving off. "That should make it easier for you to see." He trailed behind Aria as their footsteps echoed while they descended. Eventually Aria finally reached the lowest level where the ceiling opened up a bit with an archway that lead into a large circular room surrounded by twelve standing statues situated in elevated alcoves. Each one of the armored statues was adorned with a golden crown and had their hands placed on top of a stone replica of a keyblade. Beneath each statue was a dusty engraving that spelled out the names of each king.

"Try not to stand too close to the center. It'll probably creep you out more than you already are." Torrin mentioned, eyeing the way the statue's heads were positioned so that they were staring directly at the center of the room, their faces angled downward slightly as if waiting for a would-be king to call upon them. Torrin held his hand higher and looked up at the ceiling, narrowing his eyes at the cracks that had not been there the last time he stood here years ago. "A little dustier than I remembered. Guess maintaining this place is a low priority these days..." He sighed.

Once he was sure that the town's population had retreated to safety he headed down after Qamar and Lumen, sealing the door above him. Rather than immediately answer her Somna snapped his fingers causing wisps of blue flames to float in midair around them casting a very faint light in what was clearly a safe room lined with rows of supplies. One of the walls had a rune carved into the stone and it too was faintly glowing. "Seeing in the dark is handy but even we like having the comfort of some light. Although I bought this house off of the Duke who used to own it this whole town still belongs to him." Somna began to head over to one of the shelves and retrieved two canteens before offering them to Qamar and Lumen so they could have some water to drink while waiting out the horde. "But since he's a general he has little time to be out here looking after this town. Instead he's left me in charge of his land until the war ends or until his heir comes of age."

The man leaned against the wall and sighed lowly. "And...to answer your question..." He looked up slowly at Qamar. "I can assume she did not survive." He spoke quietly.

11. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Boreas looked out the window as the sky kept darkening. He looked to his mother who nodded at him, they both knew what it meant it was rather unusual to say the least for it to happen here of all places. It wasn't nearly time for night to fall. He grabbed his communicator and switched the channel back to the original. "Everyone, get to safety. A swarm is on it's way and there will be too many to fight, don't be a hero and get to shelter." It wasn't long before the bell rang out slowly at first but building up to a steady rhythm warning everyone to get to a shelter. His mother had grabbed a few small things of rather sentimental value, they couldn't stay here, while there was a basement in the house it was better to go to the vaults beneath the Castle as most people did. It was fortunate they had been warned for this with the town bells, if they hadn't it would be a disaster. He left the house into the street together with his mother as other people were already out on the way too. Looking around he saw plenty familiar faces but on stood out in particular. "Master Errin!" Boreas called as he moved over to his master.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria was trying to think of cheerful thoughts as they went down further into the abyss. The blue light was sort of calming to her, but the shadows it was giving off was kind of creepy. Soon they arrived at their destination, and Torrin warned her not to stand in the center. Aria looked up to see intimidating looking statues staring down at them and couldn't help but to shudder a little. "Alright, do your calling thingy so we can leave." Aria hugged herself, deciding to avert her eyes to just the names of the kings as she tried to settle her nerves.

It was then her communicator went off and the voice of Boreas could be heard. Something about a swarm was on its way, not to be a hero and get to shelter. Aria blinked in surprise and glanced to the dark prince.
    "Torrin... That sounds bad..."

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar had gotten used to this darkness, so she didn't quite mind. Though her father did make a small light. Qamar shrugged at this and glanced around the room, seeing how it was basically a hole to survive in if the time ever came. He handed them water and she sipped hers slowly. He finally answered her and Qamar stared at the ground. "She...she died when I was little...I think maybe 7 or so? My memories are a little hazy...but I do know that once I got older, I found a diary. The man who kidnapped her and raised me to believe I was his daughter...his name was Ravana Schifer. He poisoned Mother. He had a diary that I discovered shortly before I took his life away." Qamar looked up to Somna. "But not before she performed the keyblade inheritance ceremony on me. She...she even gave me...." Qamar held her hand up and held a different keyblade than the one she had from her old Master. "I don't want to use it...but, I promised myself that I'd put it in the graveyard. Where her headstone is, I want to place it there. Like the many others. Like all keyblade wielders, her body and heart are gone, but I hope you can give her a headstone soon." Qamar handed the keyblade to her father. "I don't know how much you know about keyblades, but she made it seem like you knew about them at the very least....right?"

Qamar stepped back and stood next to Lumen. "I won't end up like her, I won't leave you. I promise." she bowed to her father.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  14. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

It wasn't like Take had it in for Illiana enough to not try to help her or anything, but at least if Tinarah insisted or encouraged it, it made him not get too irritated with the idea. When Tinarah asked Take to take out the guns, he smiled a bit back at her and said, "Oh, I know I can." and the boy waited for Tinarah to get a bit ahead to maintain the wall. The boy raised his keyblade out and went to go and fire some water spells at the guns. Except the first time the water came out in small splashes. Take looked a bit embarrassed as he tried a second time, almost certain it would work this time but the same thing happened again. He tried a third time with the same replicated failure. Take let out an exasperated sigh and cast magnega on himself before clapping his hands together a moment and feeling himself grow physically weaker as he glowed slightly and felt some mana come back to him. He then pointed out his keyblade at the guns and focused a lot more intensely this time and the water flew in a very large blast straight at all the guns. Take managed to ground himself before he fell back from the force of it. Instead of acknowledging that it just took him four times to even get this working at all, he just kept taking out the guns with maximum focus while he knew his head was still in the game.