Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria wiped her brow when all was said and done. King Joch seemed like a really intimidating sort of man. It was no wonder why Torrin was reluctant coming back here. Or at least that was one of the reasons Aria could pick up on. It was then Torrin addressed her and she shrugged her shoulders. "I... guess? What about the others?" She gestured to Qamar, Boreas, Enzo, and Lumen. "And what are the restricted areas your Uncle talked about? N-not like I'm going to go there, but I'm just curious."

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]
    As Enzo watched the king and his followers leave their presence, their party decreased by two. With Aria's most recent question, he scoffed. "Pfft... nothing holds back a Belmont. Except maybe a high price tag. Or spicy food... Or riddles... Come to think of it, there was a lot that held us back..." Enzo had a small moment of disturbing clarity before shaking his head.
    "Anyways... not sure if this helps with the whole currency debacle, but I've got something to pitch in if it helps." He flipped a coin up in the air before catching it in his palm. "Too big to be a gil... " He bit it down with his teeth. "Definately worth something though," he tossed the coin to Torrin. "And if we're picking armor colors, I'd like to go with Gold... Not that I'd be able to tell. But I think I could make a bold statement to my enemies," He smiled with his hands on his hips.

3. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Boreas listened carefully to the words of his King, spending all this time in the Realm of Light had made him forget about the power that the King wielded, Torrin seemed unphased by the statement but Boreas felt ashamed of having forgotten about it. He had seen the power the King had wielded no seen was an understatement he had experienced it that day...

Boreas stood at the fore of his Company, to his right and they watched the battle lines crash into one another. They had the upper hand here, with the rebels caught against the Rubicon and being outnumbered by the forces of his Majesty it was only a matter of time before they won, Boreas beat himself down for that sentiment, it was such hubris that cost battles. They were held in reserve by Marshal Engel Tredecim. and Boreas was grateful, they had marched here directly after the battle of the Tenean Plains together with the rest of General Aetius' army, following urgent orders from the Marshal himself, it was unusual to say the least and he could see now why, their scouts had found this army of the rebels four days ago, they had still been on the other side of the Rubicon then, moving towards the Castle. The Marshal had mustered as many available forces as possible to strike against this army who had seemed rather surprised when the battle had been joined. He spotted banners of some of the most famous units, not just on their side but the rebels as well, they had mustered their true muscle for the assault on the Castle itself. He identified the Golden Spurs, the Black Shields and Diamond Company among others. "This must be the largest gathering of soldiers in years." Ionus said beside him and looking down from the hill they were on he was inclined to agree.

As they watched the battle unfold he grew more and more eager to join the rebels had given ground despite their best efforts and their lines got closer to their camp. General Aetius was awaiting orders from the Marshal to send his forces to reinforce the lines or plug gaps that fell into the lines, not that Boreas could identify any from where he stood. A messenger ran up to General Aetius, exhausted from the run and not looking in too great a shape, the man clearly had been running for a while. The General gave him a moment to catch his breath before relaying orders. Boreas didn't hear what was said but he saw Aetius stiffen and the two spoke for a minute, Aetius wanting to be sure what he heard was right, but he knew that these orders came straight from the Marshal himself. "
    Ionus I think it's time to move out, what do you make of it?" Ionus looked at the general and the messenger. "That looks like trouble to me, you see how tired that messenger is, he didn't just jog here oh no he came from farther afield." Boreas nodded, he had seen it too but hadn't connected the dots quite yet when the general turned to them and raised his voice. "Listen up men, I just received orders from Marshal Tredecim, we are to move out and fall back, something happened at the Castle we are to reinforce them at once. Now let's move out! Emerald Company and Iron Bulls form the vanguard, get going!" The general shouted and Boreas turned to his men. "You heard the man, let's get going!" Boreas shouted, his men turned around and started marching towards the Castle, the Iron Bulls formed up to their left and they marched as one to the Castle that loomed in the distance, Boreas couldn't help but wonder what was going on as they marched. The remaining reserves following close behind with the Wyvern Wings guarding their flanks and sending small detachments of their riders ahead.

The scouting parties made sure there weren't any surprises around, screening their march from enemy patrols, they didn't know why they had been sent to the Castle the battle was at the Rubicon, all they knew was that something was going on and the men couldn't help but speculate. "
    They're taking the Castle." Said one of his pikemen, with the next responding "Are you daft? They'd never dare that nor have the manpower for it with the force we trapped." Boreas knew it was pointless to try and stop them from doing this, it was only natural to speculate when orders from above were vague. As they got closer to the Castle the sounds of battle could be heard confirming some suspicions of his men. One of the riders of the Wyvern Wings rode over to him as they marched. "Captain Thessalian, I bring your orders from General Aetius, the Emerald Company is to remain where it is and be in the middle with the Iron Bulls, the Blue Shields will form up to your left, when the line is formed we are to close with the enemy and engage." Boreas nodded "Thank you, Gaius. Any word on what's out there?" The rider nodded. "They are assaulting the outer walls, trying to force a breach." Boreas nodded gravely, that gave his men something to fight for and Boreas too, he would not allow those walls to fall and let them in to town. With the outer walls coming into view and the Blue Shields getting into position on their flanks. The rebels had a sizable contingent at the gates, the town guard wouldn't be able to hold them if they broke through the gates and with the battering ram they had set up against the gates they would get through. "Looks like we'll get to fight after all old friend." Boreas said to Ionus, his company had formed up behind them, the pikemen stood six ranks deep and behind them three ranks of crossbowmen under the command of Thostos, the Iron Bulls and Blue Shields mirrored the formation. The rebels at the gates noticed and a twin horn blast went out and ranks were formed behind their formation, Boreas looked at the banners. The Iron Bloods, The Golden Host and The Silver Snakes... some of the best companies the rebels had at their disposal... they were going to have a tough fight on their hands.

The lines had formed up and the battle was joined as the lines collided, Boreas had moved back a few positions towards the middle of their formation his glaive-guisarme joined the wall of polearms, Ionus held the front and Thostos commanded his crossbowmen that sent volley after volley over their heads, not a great many of the bolts seemed to do much, nor did the arrows the town watch fired from the walls and that's when he noticed it. A handful of mages were creating a barrier protecting their forces from most of the bolts and arrows fired their way. The battering ram was wreathed in golden flame as they tried to break open the gates now that they had limited time, the Emerald Company held their ground well but the Blue Shields weren't as lucky, the Iron Bloods had formed a wedge and were pushing into their formation, the Emerald Company was unable to help them as the pressure from the Silver snakes pressed on. He saw Ionus battling a man wielding a great hammer, Ionus was hard pressed but answered in kind with his axe. The gates burst inward and rebels were surging inward only to be met by a formation in black armour with at their center a giant man standing ready with a keyblade in hand. Boreas wasn't sure what happened next, the ground started to shake as the figure held his blade into both hands pointed the ground, the wind picked up as energies started to swirl around the figure, a great beam of white light shot into the sky as he slammed the blade into the ground, the rebels were visibly distressed at this turn of events and screams of terror were heard as commanders shouted to rally their men. The skies were darkening turning into pitch black, the only light that remained was the great beam of light, resembling starlight. A great shockwave blasted outwards and the light intensified as the winds howled, drowning out all noise and that's when Boreas saw them, there must have been hundreds of them, thousands of them even. He called his own blade to his hand and felt the pull and let go, it joined the others as they swirled around the King who alongside his royal guard marched forward, the rebels fell in droves, the front lines increased their pressure, desperate to escape the onslaught they tried to break the line, but it was too late the battle was already over....

That had been the day Grahame and Berengar had fallen. They had dealt a great blow to their enemies that day, even after they had been tricked. The force at the Rubicon was meant to draw forces away so that they might attack the Castle directly, if his Majesty directed that power at the Light Chaser... Boreas felt the chills running down his spine at the thought, it would be a battle of titans... And if it were necessary then perhaps the masters might join in too, Boreas was confident they could win this or at least prevent destruction. He looked to Torrin when his majesty mentioned he would have known if he had been here. At the very least the King was willing to give Eilonwy and Taran a place to stay. Torrin mentioned they had time ontheir hands to do as they awaited the King's answer. Torrin mentioned heading for the blacksmith. "If you don't mind Torrin I'll tag along, my armour is still in one piece but it has seen better days for sure..." Boreas said, he was about to berate Enzo to listen to what the King had said but he seemed to have already changed his mind. He mentioned something about armour colours and not being able to tell anyways, and in battle it made sense, you weren't focusing on the colour of your armour, you fought. "Don't worry about me, I got plenty to do around here, I made someone a promise I intend to fulfill after being done with the blacksmith." He said to Aria, only speaking for himself.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    And with the name Koa, another layer of stress was added onto what Chrono was currently feeling, this being in the case of there now being three, possibly four, here doing who knows what. If it was just to help back Gigas, then why were there more than two of them here. Heck two was pushing it to a small degree. As much as he wanted to put this all together right now, he tried not to overthink it right now and instead focus on where it was Tinarah was planning on leading them. "Sure, lead the way."

5. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana crossed her arms and sighed while rolling her eyes at Gladio's sarcasm. As Gladio answered Chrys' question, something he said had definitely piqued her interest. "As for the other one? Yeah. Gave me the pleasure of learning his name too. Koa. Koa Salamander if I heard him right." Illiana felt Tinarah's eyes on her. She decided to cut the long moment of silence. "It's pronounced Salavic." She paused before unfolding her arms and looked right into Gladio's eyes. "The other one is Koa Salavic. And the girl you're talking to right now happens to be his older sister. So you're gonna tell me where you last saw him. Got it?" Illiana walked up to Gladio trying to get the information out of him. "Just point me the direction you last saw him and we'll be fine." Illiana looked into his eyes again before backing up. She took a deep breath before looking at her bracelet. She placed her other hand over it before looking at the others. "I'm taking a detour." Illiana paused and then continued. "New plan. You guys go on ahead and find that material and for god's sake don't draw unneeded attention. Especially away from the CEO's new bodyguards. I'm gonna go have a much needed chat with my little brother. I'll catch up with you guys eventually." Illiana reached into her umbrella until she pulled out a small satchel. She puts away her umbrella and put her satchel around her. "Gladio. Where did you last see him?" Illiana looked back at Gladio before walking away.

6. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar crossed her arms and was kind of lost in thought. She was brought back to it when everyone had dispersed and Torrin mentioned a blacksmith. "Sure, I'll go, uh...I do want to try and...find my father if that's okay, but if we don't have the time I'll wait." She said, glancing around.

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

Chrys held down the smug feeling of satisfaction that bubbled beneath the surface as Gladio confirmed that, yeah, no, he didn't randomly have a secret base. Seemed that Tinarah knew a good spot to hide out though.

Of course, the minute Illiana had heard that her brother was indeed there she decided she'd just go off and do something stupid.

'Salamander...' She was going to have to remember that one.

"Oh no you don't!" Chrys began. "I may not be in a position of authority here, but if you think I'm going to just stay quite while you do whatever the heck you want, then you've got another thing coming. We have a mission for one thing, and if you didn't want to take part you should have just stayed back at base! As things stand, you're going to go off all by yourself and make yourself an easy target for the chasers. Regardless of your intent, they won't hesitate to corner you. Just because they won't hurt you, doesn't mean they won't otherwise debilitate you. That in turn could endanger the mission for everyone else." Chrys sighed.

"Look, Professor Garlic..." She began anew, intentionally getting Illiana's last name wrong. "Ko-star's not going to be in the mood to listen right now, and you're hardly in the position to demand otherwise. You especially won't be when you're surrounded." She shrugged. "Or are we all just going to forget my pathetic attempts to talk things out peacefully. Let's just focus on the task at hand; Your brother can at least wait until you can actually stand on even ground with him. Or have you forgotten even that aspect of why we're here?" The Mark of Mastery. The chasers already had it, but most of those who sided with the council didn't. That included Illiana and when Koa inevitably decided he didn't want to listen, things would go south for her very fast.

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

"From the way things sound we're going to be running into them later anyway..." Take eventually chimed in as he looked over toward Illiana, "I know you wanna get your brother and all but wouldn't it be better for you to do when we have a better plan put together and you aren't running off the initial energy rush of 'oh he's here'?" Take paused a second before waiting for an answer he shrugged and started walking towards Chrono and Tinarah to head where they wanted to hide out before looking back at Illiana, "Plus, despite you not thinking you need it. We could help you, ya know if you decide to let us. Offer's there..."

9. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2019-3-4_0-40-22.png

“Well... My name is Lumen Hindell.” He explained to Nora first thing as he took his hood off and followed the group. The rest of the time being Lumen was just quiet and listening from Nora and Torrin talking to when King Joch arrived and gave a bow to him. Wanting to say something about the Light Chaser, but he didn’t choose to because the others summed it up pretty well. As they were given the option to explore, Lumen put his hands behind his head and looked to Qamar. “If it’s alright, mind if I come along as well?” Asking curiously with a smile on his face and Kosmo coming onto his shoulder adding a chirp to him.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana stopped in her tracks as she heard Chrys' voice. She turned around and spoke. "What now?" She lifted both palms up in annoyance. Chrys went off on Illiana for her careless choice. She should've stayed back? She's making herself an easy target? Like she cared about any of that BS. Illiana folded her arms as she listened. The next words that came out of her mouth were ones that Illiana was not really impressed by. Professor Garlic? Ko-star? Illiana sighed. "Really? Garlic? You can come up with something better." She paused. "My brother has more common sense than that. I know he'll listen. The circumstances prior to this was inconvenient. You don't know my brother like I do. It's not about standing on even ground with him. It's about trying to get him to open his eyes and think about his decisions." She looked away before opening up her locket. "Even if he doesn't come home with me....As long he's willing to listen and talk with me. That's more than enough." Illiana closed her locket before walking up to Chrys. She leaned in and spoke in a low hushed tone. "I'll let you in on a little secret." The girl paused and then continued. "I was never here to go on this crusade of justice and all that nonsense. I could care less about the Mark of Mastery or what'll happen to the worlds. I'm not risking coming out of hiding to do this crap." She pulled away before continuing. "My brother is at the top of my priorities and that's that." Determination lied within her eyes but it was also if guilt was lying underneath that determination as well.

Illiana's eyes went over to Take as he chimed in the conversation. He had said not to rush into things and to wait until they had a better plan put together. "
    I know you wanna get your brother and all but wouldn't it be better for you to do when we have a better plan put together and you aren't running off the initial energy rush of 'oh he's here'?" Illiana sighed before looking away. Take then continued, offering his help and the others' help as well. Illiana couldn't do that. She could never rely on another's help. Not with the track record she's had in the past. She shook her head before walking to the boy. She bent over to ruffle his hair before speaking. "Sorry kid but this is something that's not for you or anyone else to deal with. Koa's my problem and this will stay my problem. You don't need to get involved." Illiana stopped before speaking to the group. "I'm going after him regardless. Besides, I got my communicator. I'm not that stupid. This isn't my mission and besides it's not like you guys are that fond of me so you guys'll be fine. Just let me take care of my business and you take of yours and everyone'll be happy. Cool? Good talk." With that, Illiana walked off in search of her brother.

11. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

So apparently Illiana wasn't rash. She was just plain stupid. Chrys had literally been betrayed before she had left the chasers and she was one of the ones who harbored suspicion. If she had shoved her misgivings down for that long, what made Illiana think Koa would be any easier to convince? Then again, Illiana had probably just slept through the part of the meeting they had talked about that. No, he just 'wasn't thinking about his decisions.' Chrys was pretty sure Koa put a lot more thought into his decisions than his sister did at this point.

Maybe Chrys should just call her snake, but that would insult snakes.

Chrys wasn't really surprised that Illiana was a two-faced basket case like everyone else, but she was appalled at the girls lack of competence at it: Especially for someone who continued to insult everyone else's intelligence regularly. Projecting a bit perhaps. The brother she loved so much wasn't going to last very long if the freaking world ended. Koa knew that. That's why he was working to save the worlds. As things stood, even if she convinced him what he was doing was wrong, he would just switch sides. Illiana was embroiled in this pretty much till the end, like it or not.

And then there was the fact that he had outright attacked her last time they had met... and she didn't think she would need to defend herself? She was delusional.

"Well, guess the little blight is gonna go get her ass kicked then. Not my idea of a fun time, but hey..." She shrugged. "Anyway, Tunes, you said you knew a place?" She turned to Tinarah.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  12. Arch Mana Knight

Torrin caught the coin Enzo tossed at him and raised an eyebrow. "Did you just take this from Nor–You know what? That's fine by me but this isn't a Gil, Enzo. It's a token that our blacksmith gives to customers who ask for him to make something special. Like a custom armor or a weapon imbued with immense magic." Torrin turned over the coin in his hand to examine the anvil engraved on one face and horned skull on the other. "I've actually got one of these myself." Torrin mused. "I wonder what she wanted him to make..." He trailed off and shook his head. Talking about it and guessing was no use when he could just go and ask. "Anyway. It'd be pretty hard to find ourselves in restricted areas, Aria. Seeing a row of guards would be enough to tell us to stay away."

"Alright. It's settled then. Qamar, if you need to handle your own family business in the other town, go ahead. We're not shorthanded but just be careful when you do head out."

Torrin brought the group back to the town, passing by several guards and nobles who were complaining about the sudden appearance of Heartless. No one seemed to know how it happened but as Torrin walked by their voices hushed and he could feel gazing eyes fixed on him. He lowered his head knowing that they must have been silently blaming him for the Heartless. After a minute of walking they arrived at the blacksmith's shop. It was a larger building than most and just approaching it brought the scent of molten iron in the air that burned the nostrils. Smoke rose from the furnace and as Torrin opened the door causing a wave of heat to rush out just as a man came running out of the shop.

"AND DON'T COME BACK UNTIL YA BRING ENOUGH BREAD YA BLASTED IDIOT! The other apprentices can't work on an empty stomach!" A short but stout man wearing a horned helmet shouted angrily, shaking his fist. His white beard nearly touched the ground and was coated in patches of gray and black from the soot and coal dust while his mustache was so thick that it obscured most of his face leaving just the shining yellow of the man's eyes clearly visible underneath the shadow of his helmet. Upon noticing the group the man approached them and looked up at them to eye them closely. "Torrin!? What the heck are ya doing here, boy? When'd ya get back!? And why did ya bring Boreas and all these strangers here? Don't ya remember I hate unexpected guests!? Where've you been the last few years?"

"That's all a long story, Watts. Glad to see you haven't changed in six years though."

"Gah! And ya changed too much, boy! Yer too tall ya brat." Watts looked at the group. "So who are these kids? Don't tell me ya actually got around to making more than two friends!" Almost as soon as he spoke he seemed to forget his train of thought and turned to Boreas. "Kid tell me ya got a good reason why yer here and not on the front line. The captain of the Emerald Company shouldn't be moseying about town when there's a war to be fought!"

"Maybe coming here with so many people wasn't the best idea." Torrin muttered. "I forgot how easily distracted he can get."

"I'll show ya distracted!" Watts shouted as he swung and punched Torrin in the arm causing him to wince. "Now shaddup and watch your mouth around these ladies, boy!" Watts gestured towards Aria and Qamar. "So! What brings you ladies to this hearty neck'a the woods? Do ya need any fine jewels set in mythril? A little extra protection for yerselves in the form of my finest wares? I've got it all! Daggers, swords, axes, shields, armor, an' swords!"

"Hm. Guess that happened." Gladio commented after watching the girls have their spat after which Illiana made her exit. "Guess you need to lead the way then. After you." And with that they were off. Gladio and the group, minus Illiana, headed down the alley and through several twists and turns and even yet another alley until, after several minutes of walking, they arrived to what Gladio could only consider as Tinarah's safe place. It was inconspicuous enough and even though it lacked a certain air of mystique it was good enough for now. After jumping a fence they arrived at a closed down playground in a secluded part of town that was filled with several items that looked to be made of now-rotting wood. The only thing that looked to be even remotely safe to sit on was one of the only remaining swings that was still attached.

"Well we're here now. Gotta say, as far as secret bases go this is a real low point." He commented. "It'll do though. So what exactly is going on here? You kids seem to know more about those others working with Gigas."

----

Illiana had distanced herself quite a bit from the group and had found herself wandering through one alley to get back to the streets. Just before she reached its end a wall of ice formed in front of her. "You're Koa's sister, correct?" Came Pagos's voice from behind her. "Don't worry. I'm not here to kill you. Koa would never forgive me if I did something like that. Still. You're not doing anything but getting in the way, Illiana. Why don't you head on home and your brother will meet you there when this is all over. Trust me, it'd be easier for you. That's what you want to do anyway? Ignore everything around you that doesn't concern your family, right?"

13. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana kept walking through the alleys to find her way back to the streets. As she saw a way back to the streets, she kept walking until she felt the air grow cold. "Well this is can only mean one thing." Illiana sighed as a wall of ice grew in front of her. As she stood there, a voice called out from behind her. "You're Koa's sister, correct?" "And here I thought this weather was going to be really nice." Illiana sighed before turning around. "I suppose Koa didn't send you as a messenger." She sighed then continued. "Oh well. What's this about?" Pagos then spoke. "Don't worry. I'm not here to kill you. Koa would never forgive me if I did something like that." Illiana waited for moment before summoning her keyblade. After several moments of silence, she tossed her keyblade to the ground. "Neither am I. I'm not one for fighting a child even if they're stronger than me. Besides, all this fighting is getting kind of annoying." She folded her arms before shrugging. "You know me but what's your name? What do you need?" Pagos continued. "You're not doing anything but getting in the way, Illiana. Why don't you head on home and your brother will meet you there when this is all over. Trust me, it'd be easier for you." Her eyes widen for a moment before her face continued to remain blank and calm. She tried to not clench her fists but felt her hands make fists. "That's what you want to do anyway? Ignore everything around you that doesn't concern your family, right?" Illiana clenched her fists right then and there. She took a deep breath before her fists returned to being her hands. "I see you've done a bit of your homework." She laughed for a moment before opening her umbrella.

She reached into it and pulled out a table and a tea set. She set up two chairs and two tea cups as well as a plat of cookies. Illiana sat down and poured herself some tea. She looked over to Pagos. "
    Just humor me. Besides I have a question of my own if you'll humor me. I promise you I mean no harm." Illiana looked into her teacup before closing her eyes. She took a deep breath before placing her locket on the table. "This is a bit more complicated than how simple you want this to be." Illiana took a sip from her tea as she looked at Pagos.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Chrono didn't have much to say regarding Illiana going off on her own. He'd never really spoken with her much and she never seemed to be the type to actively seek out conversation with any of them. She remained an enigma as far as he was concerned, but he had some sort of faith in her. Faith that she wouldn't get herself killed in her quest to get her brother back. Wouldn't change any personal grudges that he still had and would likely keep though.

As they walked towards this safe place his sister had mentioned, he was curious as to just what it had been. Nothing had come to mind when he first tried to think about it, so he assumed that it was just something that she must've found while he was gone training with Atmos. With that mentality, Chrono was quite surprised by where they had arrived. He was surprised to see that the place was still standing after all these years which in a sense helped with the nostalgia that washed over him.

Even with the noticeable wear and tear that this place has gone through, everything was still here just like when he had first shown this place to his sister. He ventured in further a bit more and stopped once a large tree came into view. Despite all of the things going on through his head since getting here, this was the one thing that brought him a clear amount of joy. One of his more happier memories with his mother came from this tree, as well of his love for climbing things. Said nostalgia had started to get to him as tears started to form in his eyes. He wiped them away before turning to Gladio and addressing his question.
    "It wasn't always like this, but regarding the others working with Gigas, their master is the guy that we really need to stop from achieving these goals. Them being here and helping Gigas of all things isn't good for multiple reasons." Being unsure as to how much he should share, Chrono attempted to explain something without giving too much away. "Earlier you said that those mechs are based off tech you've seen before, want to elaborate further on that?"

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Tinarah was grasping at words that would not come as Illiana walked off. She wanted to stop the girl from doing something stupid, but Chrys and Take had already tried, Tinarah doubted that she would have any better luck with it. She couldn't help but just stare after the girl as she walked away, even as Chrys spoke to her. The name Chrys used caught Tinarah off guard. She found the one for her brother entertaining, but had not anticipated a nickname of her own, nor did she know if she liked it. Either way, it was no use arguing about it at that moment. "Huh? Yeah, um... follow me, I will take you there." Tinarah was lost in thought. She didn't know how she would react if Chrono had run off to join the other side, but going off by herself to talk to the very people who had a habit of kidnapping, it didn't seem like a wise idea to her.

Climbing over the fence, Tinarah took in the familiar view of the playground. It was exactly how she remembered it. Tinarah would often hide here when her father was being too overbearing at home. While some went to sit on the swings, Tinarah crawled under the play structure to her personal hideout underneath. The man with them made a comment on her hide out and Tinarah scowled slightly.
    "I didn't have any better ideas, sorry. This was just where I used to hide from people when I was little when I wanted to be alone." Tinarah ran her fingers over the decrepit wood of the structure as she peered out, watching Chrono fill Gladio in on what they knew of Gigas. He was the best to do it after all since he would know the most, but Tinarah still felt his explanation lacking a bit.

"We know a little more about them. Though if you want detail, ask Chrys. As for information on Gigas, you can ask Chrono a little more. We don't know a ton, but we know that they are hiding things, big enough things worth killing over. And it might have to do what we came here to get in order to help up stop those others master from doing any more harm than he already has." Tinarah clarified. She didn't know exactly what information Gladio needed but at least she could start by pointing him in the right direction of people to start asking.

16. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria was caught off guard by how loud the blacksmith was. She hung back, letting Torrin lead the majority of the conversation. He did seem a little cranky as Torrin described, but Aria didn't mind too much. However it didn't take long for her to be roped into the conversation too. "Oh, I was just here to tag along with Torrin," Aria said with a nervous laugh. "I wasn't expecting to have anything made for me." She looked at Qamar, wondering if she needed anything done.

17. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Torrin had no problem with him tagging along to see Watts. Qamar and Lumen seemed to be the only people not wanting to tag along with them to go see Watts, Boreas didn't think Torrin would permit her to go see her father, as Nora had suggested he wasn't very close by. Boreas pushed it from his mind and listened to Torrin's musings on the token Enzo had taken from Nora, it left something for Boreas to think about, he wasn't too sure, a set of armour maybe? A special weapon? Boreas simply followed the others bringing up the rear of their group, the heartless attack was the talk of the town which didn't surprise him.

When they arrived at the Blacksmith shop Watts laid into Torrin followed by a sharp question by the blacksmith, he was right though he needed to be on the frontline. "
    That's a long story Watts, but to give you the summary you can blame Torrin for my absence on the frontline, it's nice having him back but he kinda keeps me from my job, roped me into this special assignment taking part on a bigger fight with higher stakes, the Company is in good hands but I can't wait to go back them it's where I belong." Boreas said. "It's good to see you Watts, how has business been?" Boreas figured he'd take care of this quickly and go back to his mother, he had been forbidden to go to the frontline or he might have gone to meet his men. Boreas looked at Aria who seemed a little nervous because of Watts it amused him. "I hate to ask this off you Watts but could you have a look at my armour, it's still in one piece, which is more than can be said about Torrin's, but it has taken quite a beating, this other assignment has seen me face some mean hard hitting enemies, I tried to do what I can myself but I am not a blacksmith I can't do too much." Boreas asked, of the blacksmith, he knew how watts could get about this sort of thing and was mentally preparing himself.

18. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

Chrys couldn't help but roll her eyes as the group reached the playground. Not for any dislike for Tunes' hiding place; it was more that she had gained the impression that they were trying not to be too liberal with certain pieces of information. For example, the fact that this was the place Stopwatch and Tunes were from. Guess they were just gonna tell him whatever he wanted to know then. So much for low profiles.

She was not exactly jumping for Joy at the prospect of talking about her old teammates. She didn't even want to see them; talking about them when they weren't even there seemed unnecessary. She remained standing whilst impatiently tapping her thigh with one hand and putting the other on her hip. Silently waiting for any cue she would need to answer to. Hopefully Gladio would decided he didn't really need details about the chasers.

19. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar scratched her chin upon reaching the blacksmith. She remembered him from the times she was sent on little missions by Ravanna. Though she never talked to him since she didn't think iit was a smart move.

Soon enough, they were addressed by Watts and he seemed to think Qamar and Aria needed some weapons. Shaking her head with a chuckle, Qamar unsheathed the dagger she always kept to her side. "Perhaps you could make sure this dagger hasn't gotten too beat up, sir?" She said, smiling. As she handed it over, it was apparent that this dagger had a family emblem etched into the hilt. The emblem was a crescent moon with a dagger across it. Next to the emblem was the family name 'Zalam'. Qamar was curious if he'd notice that or if by chance he'd ignore it.

20. Arch Mana Knight

"Nonsense! If yer so chummy with the royals I owe it to ya to at least offer." Watts enthusiastically responded to Aria. "There ain't nothin' I can't make so if ya have somethin' in mind I'd be obliged to make it for ya." The short man's yellow eyes beamed up at Aria as he stroked his beard with a gloved hand, leaving a smear of black coal dust along the white hair as he did so. Watts then chuckled at Boreas's comment and gave a squint at Torrin. "Ah that's a royal for ya. Always inconveniencing everyone jus' cuz they have some twinkle in their eye or wanderlust or somethin'!"

"Gee. Thanks, Boreas." Torrin spoke sarcastically when his friend immediately threw him under the bus and folded his arms.

"But as for business, boy, it's never been better! Damn shame it's because of this war though. I remember a time when I was only sought after for the finest of weapons an' armor! At my age I'll probably never get the chance to make my magnum opus." Watts sighed and shook his head. "Anyway, lemme take a look at this here armor you've got–Wait what was that? Did Torrin wreck his armor!? What the hell, boy! Do ya have any idea how hard I worked on that for ya? How in the king's name did ya manage to break it!?"

"Well if you had built it up to spec like I told you the first time it might've survived this long." Torrin grumbled.

"Yer father told me not to waste time on all the bells and whistles! Said yer safety was more important than making sure it could survive a Zettaflare! How. Did. You. Break. It?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Hrm..." Watts shook his head and threw up his hands in frustration before heading over towards Boreas and deactivating the armor and taking the activator from him revealing the dark green tunic Boreas had underneath. "Come back tomorrow mornin' and it should be all patched up for ya."

"What's that?" The blacksmith looked over at Qamar as she stepped forward and held up a rather fancy-looking dagger towards him. "Hm." He took the dagger from the girl and squinted at it, balancing it by the flat of the blade on one finger then gripping the handle and pushing on the blade. "Decent balance. Good fit. Could use a sharpening but nothing's wrong with it. Hm...that mark looks familiar...as does the name. Zalam... It's been some time since I heard that name but this blade definitely came from me. Hm..." He handed the blade to one of his assistants to sharpen it and in a few moments it was returned looking sharper and more polished than ever. "Here ya go." Watts said as he handed the dagger over.

"One more thing...I know it's not going to be an easy fix but..." Torrin held up what appeared to be the remains of a gauntlet that had been smashed to bits. "Just...do what you can, alright?"

"Yikes. This'll take me longer than a few days, boy. But I'll see what I can do whenever yer back in town."

"Thanks Watts. That's all I ask." Torrin nodded in appreciation.

"Aye. Now then. Is there anything else I can do for ya runts or what?"

"Hm. Those mechs they're making seem to be familiar. They look a lot like Magitek Armor to me. I've only seen them back home but the way those things move...yeah, they remind me of 'em all right." Gladio answered Chrono. "Another thing too. It might mean nothing to you kids but there's a guy around here you should definitely avoid. Sly looking guy always wearing a hat and talking too smooth for comfort. His name's Ardyn and if Magitek is involved, you can bet that he's definitely the reason for it." Gladio folded his arms. "He's bad news and more powerful than he looks."

"Anyway. If you're comfortable letting your friend wander off on her own then we should focus on making a move against Gigas. There's a facility not too far off where they're building more of those mechs. If we hit them fast and hard we can slow their plans down. From there I'd say we'd have a better shot of going after the main bads once they don't have the support of their new toys." Gladio smirked. "I didn't have the strength to take down the factory myself but I think with the rest of you there we stand a chance of beating Gigas. So unless anyone has any better plans, we can head there as soon as it's dark."

"Interesting...I was expecting you to be more violent given the temper of yours I was informed about. I shall have to make a note of this for later." Pagos scratched his chin. "Ah. Of course. I guess you wouldn't know me just by looking at me. My name is Pagos." The boy stepped closer and inspected the chairs and table summoned before him, curiously eyeing them as he had never seen such magic before. His master's power was vast but he never saw the Light Chaser use it for such mundane purposes.

After a moment Pagos took his seat in front of Illiana and glanced down at the locket she placed on the table. "Hm. I'll humor you but I don't suppose this is about you wanting to switch sides, is it?"