Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Arch Mana Knight

Torrin scratched his cheek and thought about Qamar's question. "I don't think we'll have to come up with any names for me." Torrin shrugged. "But if the need arises...there was a squire I once befriended. His name was...Avis I think?"

"I quite like that." Eilonwy spoke up, reminding the group of her and Taran's presence.

"I still don't understand why we have to wear these...robes." Taran complained holding up his arms to show how loose his sleeves were as they completely draped over his hands.

"Sorry about that. Guess I picked out the wrong one for your size. The one Take had worn would fit you better I think. Anyway, just keep them on. They're for your own protection."

"Oh all right..." Taran folded his arms. "I hope we don't have to walk much farther. Eilonwy's getting hungry." After he spoke his own stomach growled loud enough for the others to hear causing the boy to laugh nervously and place his hand over his stomach while the princess next to him giggled over his white lie.

"Not much farther. Let's keep—" The sounds of screams in the distance broke the dull bustle of the townspeople. Torrin sensed the presence of darkness take a dramatic spike and spotted purple flames beyond several buildings. The guards immediately began to mobilize but were stopped in their tracks as dozens of Neoshadows began materializing from out of thin air. "What!?" Shock went through Torrin's system as he had never seen Heartless in town before let alone so many.

Knowing that even summoning his keyblade would give away his identity he refrained from doing so. Torrin looked at the others and issued a rapid fire series of orders at his team. "Qamar and Lumen stay close to Eilonwy and Taran. Boreas, you already know who to check on. Aria, Enzo, these fires are spreading and the guards aren't equipped for this. You both are on fire duty, alright?" Even as he spoke more Heartless began to appear with Flame Cores speeding through the air as they set buildings ablaze as they flew by with magical red flames. Though the structures took no damage the flames made their way indoors trapping people inside. Without saying anything else Torrin ran deeper into down casting Water spells along the way to quell the fires as he headed towards an even stronger Heartless presence farther away.

Ardyn held up his index finger towards Take and Tinarah to get them to quiet themselves, his eyes now fixed on Chrono as he answered him first."To presume that our mutual acquaintance even requires such a material is naive at best. It is used for the making of armor and weapons is it not? His students have armor and what need would they have for new weapons?" Arydn answered before lowering his hand.

"I have merely come to observe you puppets. It is not me you should be worried about but other, less wholesome, familiar faces. Dear Chrysanthemum over there should be excited for what is to come. In any case..." He lifted his arm to look at his wrist mimicking the motion of checking the time. "I do hate to do this to you but I must be on my merry way. Until we meet again!" With a sinister smile he took his hat off and gave the group a bow before vanishing in a red flash.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "God damn it!" Tinarah cursed, a rare thing for her as she stared at the spot that Ardyn had been standing in. She was sick of this guy, these riddles. She wanted to know what was being planned. She wanted to be sure that her father was okay, but they had a mission and heading there might only be bringing the issue to her father. Her keyblade dissipated from her hand as she for a moment looked defeated, before looking back towards the exit of the alleyway. With a sigh she started walking out of the ally towards where she last remembered the building of that company was. "Lets just go before we bring too much trouble to this world." She knew the longer they were there, the more likely trouble would follow them, and by the sounds of it, some already had. It made Tinarah think, and look back at Chrys. "Knowing him, he is trying to get under our skin, don't worry about it." She didn't know if the girl would, but from what Tinarah could read about Chrys, it might bother her to some extent, but letting it would only give him more power.

3. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

"...is there a reason why he mention you specifically being excited?"Take asked as he looked over at Chrys. It wasn't a question asked out of distrust. More out of confusion considering he specifically singled her out. Take crossed his arms and sighed saying, "Great now we've gotta worry about that. Maybe I should have gone with Torrin after all..." he rubbed the back of his neck and hoped either Chrono or Tinarah would start heading somewhere cause it wasn't like he could lead them anywhere.

4. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"F-fire?" Enzo, asked trying to keep up a pleasant smile. There was obviously something about the job that was getting him as he quickly looked around himself to wonder just how close they were to any intense heat. As the fires grew, Enzo took a few steps back, almost afraid of the searing humidity that came off the buildings. He tried to make another sentence, but his mouth continued to quiver and he was unable to form words. He just kept mumbling quietly to himself as he the word 'fire' was hushly repeated over and over to himself. His smile faded as his face was now flushed with fear.

He closed his eyes tightly as he covered his temple with both hands.

Not again...

He kept hearing the screams of people echo in his head and the memory of him calling out for his mother.

Not again...

His eyes darted back and forth as a crackling spark from the enchanted fire, caused him to wince and jump a bit. His mind jumping back and forth from his current age and his childhood memory.

Not again....

He shut his eyes as tightly as he could, hoping he would awaken from this repeating nightmare. He couldn't do this. Not again...
    As he was trapped in his own head of torment and screams, a kid crying broke him out of his traumatic loop. The child sounded like they were no older than six.

Not again.

He flew his head up with faint eyes wide open as he looked in the direction of the building. A few tears strolling down his face, he saw small auras of light amidst the blinding heat of the fires.
    The screams and cries from the townspeople being in present day. He couldn't do anything back then. But that was then.

Never again.

Recomposing himself, he took a very solemnt breath and kept his mind in focus, he took off his glasses and wiped away any tears from his face before putting them back on.
    He took a very big breath before bolting off into the direction of the fires.

"I'M VERY TRULY TERRIFIED,
    BUT ANSWER TO THE CHILDREN'S CRIES-"

Enzo ran in and disappeared into the fires with his voice trailing off.

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Chrono only narrowed his eyes at Ardyn's response, very much aggravated by it. Not only did they have him keeping a very much unwanted eye on them, but it seemed that there was a chance of someone else being been here as well. Least that was what Chrono assumed based off Ardyn singling out Chrys. He didn't really say much as he followed his sister out of the alley as he really just wanted a distraction from what had just occurred. That small bud of anxiety within him had only started to grow as a result.

6. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Lost loves? She couldn't help but to notice how Torrin seemed a bit awkward with that question. It never occured to her that Torrin had any love interests before all this began. With what Qamar asked her about how she felt about Torrin, it had been circling around in her mind. Did she love Torrin...? But what if he already loved someone else? Besides, who could really love her? It never happened, and she believed it never would. She never caught anyone's eye before, and she didn't believe she could be that special to someone. She was an awkward, immature, dim-witted, light-hearted duck, not fit to be someone's love companion.

Torrin then brought up something about his cousins and his family, but then he dropped the subject before he indulged them. She realized then and there she didn't really know Torrin that well. Sure they had breakfast together for the past couple of weeks, but she didn't know about his background and origins. Not like he knew about hers.

Aria stayed quiet as the group made their way in the district. She had a look around the place, keeping to herself as she took in everything. It was then all went into chaos, and the time to daydream was over. Aria jumped into action, summoning her keyblade and readied herself to run towards the fire with Enzo.
    "Alright, let's go!" She then noticed Enzo wasn't looking so well and raised an eyebrow. "E-Enzo...? You okay...?" It was then he took off his glasses, cleaned them, put them back on, and then ran into the fires yelling. "Wait Enzo!" Aria cast Rainbow Glow on him before he disappeared, giving the crazy guy some kind of protection from the heat and smoke.

She then took in a deep breath, finding the power within herself to try to help out.
    "Okay, something to put out fires...." Water, dummy. She nodded and then called on the power of the Wavesurfer, summoning all the water power she could get. Streams of liquid surrounded her keyblade and her being and then she was off, running first toward the building that Enzo disappeared into. She aimed her keyblade in that direction and began spraying streams of water at the flames, dosing them to create a safer path for the young man to journey back through. Aria then began running down the buildings, putting out fires with her water magic and taking out Firecores to try to stop the fires from spreading, also trying to keep an eye for anyone needing an extra hand getting out.

7. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Torrin sorted out the whole name problem just in case, he seemed to agree that it wasn't quite as pressing a matter as suggested. The name was perfectly fine with him, he wasn't going to do much talking on their way there anyways. Taran was complaining a little but Torrin took care of it. However it didn't take long for everything to go south as Heartless in appeared in town, the guard was already mobilising and Boreas summon his blade in one hand tapping his activator to don his winged helmet and shifted his blade into the glaive-guisarme. Boreas already jumped into action before Torrin told him to go, taking the fight to the Heartless. If this happened something was wrong and the guard clearly wasn't equiped for this. They were to split up and direct their efforts as best they could. "
    Guards! I'll clear a path, follow my lead, help as many people as possible. We'll take the fight to the Heartless, my associates will help fight the fires. We'll need you to look after the citizens." Boreas shouted before taking off in the direction of his own home. This was unprecedented and he had something to fight for out there.

With the guards in tow Boreas carved a path through the Neoshadows, he directed the guards to evacuated buildings, if possible evacuate the people towards the castle if the path was clear, otherwise the armoury or guard barracks. As flame cores soared by Boreas shifted his blade to the repeating crossbow, hoping to take them out as he went. The guards slowly but surely peeled off and Boreas was alone once more, he rounded the final corner crossbow held against his shoulder. He felt his blood boil at what he saw, several flame cores circled his house and the door had been blasted inwards. Had he taken too long to get here? He couldn't be too late, he couldn't lose her too, not now... He bolted for his own home and ran inside ignoring the flame cores that circled. He couldn't be too late, the door lay smashed from it's hinges in the hallway and Boreas ran inside. Finding two flame cores at the next door trying to bash their way through. Boreas fired bolt after bolt into the intruding heartless until the dissipated in their usual purple smoke. He checked the door, either locked or barred from the other side... He banged his fists against it. "
    Mother! Are you in there? Are you safe?" Boreas called through the door.

8. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2019-2-6_21-37-54.png

“That’s good to know at least.” He said with a smile to Boreas as they were getting closer to they’re destination, but the thought of joy left his mind when hearing screaming and Heartless spawning around. Then he heard Torrin giving orders to him and Qamar to protect Taran and Elilony, “Got it!” Nodding at the command then going by they’re sides while summoning his Keyblade backhanded in battle stance while fending off the Heartless that attacked them.

9. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

They weren't very far before they were all greeted by a man whom the others regarded with open hostility. They called him Ardyn, and from the sound of things he was in league with her former master. She had never met him, but it wasn't as if he had never kept secrets from her. He immediately denied that the master was after Orichalcum, even claiming that the chasers already had their armor. Funny how they waited until she was gone to do that stuff. Shaking off any bitter recollections, she instead turned her focus to what Ardyn had said about familiar faces she should be glad to see. Take asked if she knew what it was all about and Tinarah said he was probably just trying to get under her skin. Still, she couldn't help but think... "The chasers are here, I think." Chrys couldn't help the wriggle of discomfort she felt in her stomach at just the thought of seeing those she had once called friends. It would not be a pleasant reunion. Take voiced his concerns, and she couldn't help but nod. "Not much we can do about it now, though. We'll have to be extra careful."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  10. Arch Mana Knight

Dozens of Neoshadows surrounded Qamar and Lumen, circling them as if they were easy prey. Eilonwy let out a small yelp and stepped behind Taran who was doing his best to keep from cowering behind the two keybladers. Even as Lumen cut his way through them more Heartless emerged and leapt at the two keyblade wielders.

Meanwhile, people began running out of their homes now that Aria had doused several fires and cleared a way for them to escape. Flame Cores appeared in front of the girl, stopping her in her tracks as they rushed her, trying to burn her with the intense heat from their bodies. Enzo had come across a small child being shielded by his mother from the flames, the inferno blocking their way out. "H-help!" The mother called out upon seeing Enzo charge into her home. "Please!" She cried out.

Boreas had found his mother alive and well. Excluding a burn on her left forearm, a bruise on her cheek, and some slightly tattered clothing she was looking as well as could be expected though she was clearly shaken by the sudden intrusion into her home.

Torrin rushed forward seeing a large Heartless, something he had seen only once before, hovering over two purple flames beneath it. The blades in its hands were sprinkled with blood of the fallen guards around it. "Dammit!" Torrin growled, angered that he had arrived too late to save them, and charged right for the Heartless rolling forward and picking up a sword from a fallen guard as he closed the distance between himself and his target. "Bring it on, scum. I'll show you what the darkness is really capable of." Black energy flowed through Torrin and coated the blade he now held while he leapt into battle.

Just then...Tinarah, Chrono, Illiana, and Take's communicators began to beep. The only one whose communicator wasn't going off was Chrys's. A message was coming through. Whenever the first person answered their communicator the group would have heard a warning from Master Fost. "Due to your idle chatter I neglected to mention a reminder for you all. The Council may allow Chrysanthemum to join your mission but she is not to be left alone with Takehiko at any time." This would have been said loud enough for Chrys to easily hear.

11. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana kept calm as Ardyn had made his appearance. He had said a few words here and there but Illiana didn't really pay much attention to him. Once he had left, Tinarah, Take, and Chrono made their comments, Chrys then had said something that piqued Illiana's interest. "The chasers are here, I think." She looked at the girl before looking at her bracelet. She then whispered to herself. "Dammit...It's like he knew he was gonna be here." She sighed before walking over to Chrys. "Are we talking all of them or a group or individual in particular?" Illiana crossed her arms as she was trying to assess the situation. Before Illiana could think any further, the chimes of several communicators sounded off. "Oh what now?" Illiana reached into her pocket and put an earpiece that was connected to her communicator on. She put two fingers to it to answer. "What do you want now?" Fost had then responded, passing on a warning to the group. "Due to your idle chatter I neglected to mention a reminder for you all. The Council may allow Chrysanthemum to join your mission but she is not to be left alone with Takehiko at any time." Illiana pulled the earpiece a bit away from her as the volume of Fost's voice hurt her ear. "Hey Frosty the Snowman!! How about using something called your indoor voice?! 'Kay? Cool." Before Illiana could hang up, she decided to bring up another topic of interest. "While I still have you here....little lamb here says the chasers are here. Want us to avoid them or take up a plan of our own with them?" Illiana looked to Chrys as she ask Fost her question.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Tinarah had answered her communicator just moments after Illiana, and only rolled her eyes at what Fost was telling them. Tinarah trusted Chrys, maybe more than she should, but she didn't worry too much about Chrys running off with Take. She didn't seem particularly thrilled to be with this group, more there out of necessity, probably not an act. And knowing the small amount Tinarah did about the Light Chaser, he didn't seem to be one to forgive easily, given what he had done to Gero, and the numerous attempts to kill Stamatis, and how he used her to do it. She didn't think he would take Chrys back even if she brought him Take, and Chrys wasn't an idiot, she could figure that out for herself. She couldn't object to Illiana's question though about what to do now. Part of Tinarah figured that Fost would make them figure it out for themselves, but if he was willing to answer, Tinarah would be willing to hear it. "By that she means Ardyn, you know the guy who nearly killed Torrin, showed up and was taunting us. It was our best guess about what he was going on about." Tinarah clarified as to not have Fost immediately be suspicious of Chrys. All this talking however was making her anxious. The longer they stood around the more chance that whoever was here, likely working against them, would succeed. Maybe if they started towards their goal, then the Chasers, or whoever was here would be forced after them and away from the other implication. "We should probably walk and talk, there is still a bit of a distance to where we need to go." She advised before continuing to walk while listening for Fost's reply.

13. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Glad to hear they decided to just call him Master, Qamar followed along. He mentioned some family members who'd probably want to smack him, but she didn't bother to press further. It was then that an enormous fire broke out that she was given orders. Nodding, she stepped beside Lumen and had Eilonwy behind her. Qamar fended off the heartless, one by one, trying not to get overwhelmed. For a moment, she was fine, but the sheer strength of the heartless was overwhelming. Not wanting to show she was weak, Qamar grunted and shoved a Neoshadow off. "Foul beats...my heart may be of darness, but there is still a light deep down!" she shouted at the creatures. "Don't worry, Eilonwy, I'll protect you. Taran, keep her safe behind me!"​

14. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria used the power of her rainbow, casting a protective shield around herself as well as the Flame Cores got closer. She then jumped to it with her water magic, drenching the heartless that were swarming her. Maka is not feeling very well, so this is all she can muster to post. But to make it look like she put some effort into this, she is writing fluff. Like how Aria afterwards went back to work to try to control the flames that were getting out of control. Chaos was everywhere, just like at Maka's work.

15. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Boreas heard something on the other side of the door and shortly afterwards the door openened a little, a face appeared on the other side, a familiar one causing Boreas to remove his helmet, as the door opened further revealing a woman a few inches shorter than Boreas, her long dark hair betraying streaks of silver, her hazel eyes lit up a little as Boreas wasted no time to hug her, causing his mother to take a sharp breath as the burnt skin on her forearm hurt. Boreas let go and looked her over, a bruise marred her cheek, her clothes had seen better days and she trembled, he felt relief wash over him as he realised he had been here in time.

"
    Boreas... you're home... thank goodness you're here..." she said with an expresion of shock. "I'm sorry I left without a word... there was an important mission and I had to go there and then..." Boreas said apologeticlally. "I'd hoped to return home under better circumstances... at least you're safe." He knew there were more flame cores outside but he wouldn't let them anywhere close. "It's okay Boreas, his majesty sent a message saying you'd be away for two months... I just didn't expect you back so soon what happened?" At least she had been informed he would be away for a while, he had always mentioned when he'd leave and for how long he would be away, but this time there had been no time and how would he explain what had happened, all that he was caught up in right now. "It's a very long story, best reserved for a moment where the Heartless aren't attacking the town. I came here with a few... associates we'll be in town for a little while, I'll have to leave again but I promise that I'll come back before leaving again." Boreas said he finally saw the angry red burned skin. "It's nothing serious, I'll be fine, Boreas." Boreas simply nodded, she could have fared a lot worse had he not turned up. He summoned his blade again. "There are a few more of them outside I am going to take care of them. If anything happens just shout." His mother nodded and said "Take care, Boreas." Boreas put his helmet back on and went outside using his crossbow to try and get the flame cores circling the home. Eudora closed the door again, locking it again and used water to cool the burn wound.

16. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    They hadn't gotten far when the communicator went off and on the other end was Fost with really just a warning for Chrys. The last of trust for her was still clear and not something that would be easily fixed. "He also claimed that the Light Chaser's students already have both armor and whatever weapons you could make from Orichalcum, is there anything else it can be used for?" It was still bugging Chrono that they were here in the first place. Even if what Ardyn said was a lie, there was no way they just happened to be here at the same time they were. He followed behind Tinarah as he tried not to overthink things before anything was made clear.

17. Arch Mana Knight

A massive blast of wind magic shook the streets, clearing several houses of the flames and taking out several Flame Cores at the same time. A slender figure clad in black armor ran past Aria, a black keyblade in hand as it charged onward to cut its way through the Neoshadows that were in the new keyblader's path. The figure paid no attention to the girl and as it kept running it briefly paused to give a quick glance at Lumen and Qamar who were both fending off the Heartless that continued to jump and take swipes at the duo as they protected Taran and Eilonwy. Without a single word the black-armored keyblader ran into a burning alleyway, disappearing from sight.

The heavily armed castle guard, wearing pristine black armor with silver embellishments, began to arrive in town and cleave their way through the Flame Cores and Neoshadows with little effort. Some of them even began using water magic to clear out the flames and provide back up for Aria, Boreas, Lumen, and Qamar.

Torrin raised the sword he had picked up to block one of the Heartless's attacks. When the two blades collided Torrin was launched backwards from the force of the impact and smashed through the door of a house behind him. Cursing and grunting as he pushed himself back to his feet he looked down to see the sword he held had shattered from the blow. "Damn..." He tossed the now useless sword aside and clenched his fists as he rushed forward, extending his hand to command several black chains to rise from the ground and hold the Heartless still. Torrin leapt and landed on the bound Heartless, placing his palm to its face. A purple aura surrounded his hand and began to intensify as he channeled all of his magic into a single Death spell, amplifying its powers with his own dark reserves of power. The purple flames raging in the surrounding area began to darken and grow as their hue shifted red. Torrin was thrown off as the Heartless broke free from its chains and used its bladed tail whip at Torrin, nearly cutting him across the face but only slicing through part of his hood. The Heartless's face bore a hand-shaped burn on its face where the spell had been concentrated on, angrier than ever. Knowing that he was handicapped without his keyblade Torrin entered Dark Impulse hoping to even the odds.

"Hm. We have no idea how strong his students are by now so I suggest that none of you split up." Fost spoke after a moment. "Avoid them if you can but as long as you stick together this could be an opportunity to judge the strength of our enemy." He answered Illiana before moving on to Chrono's inquiry. "As far as I know the ore is too rare to be used for anything large. We only need enough of it to mix in with the other materials we actually have to create your armors. I've heard of an entire weapon being constructed of pure Orichalcum of the highest grade but it seems unlikely that even the Light Chaser would possess such a weapon. Perhaps Ardyn and the Chasers' presence is merely to test you. After all, it has been some time since any of them have faced you in combat. Hm..."

As the group walked a commercial airship decorated in bright blue, gold, and white paint made a low pass over the park. The massive displays on its sides reading with bright red flashing scrolling text "GIGAS DEMONSTRATION AT CENTRAL PLAZA IN 1 HOUR. DON'T MISS OUT ON THE FUTURE"

18. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    They weren't dumb, of course they wouldn't split up if they didn't have to. Even if the Chasers weren't here, there was no part of this scenario that seemed okay to Tinarah, just being here in general. Either way she hoped that Fost was right and that they were more here to observe them than to actually do anything about this situation. Things were already going to be difficult in their own respect, she didn't need this too. "Thanks for the advice." It wasn't much but at least he tried to be of some help, and Tinarah could appreciate that to some extent. She then turned and looked around as a low, familiar, rumbling sound filled their air, causing her to look up. "Well it looks like we found a starting point." She pointed up to the airship with the ad on it. Seeing the name of the company again, filled Tinarah with a sort of anger and sorrow that she had nearly forgotten. "It should at least give us an idea what they are up to now." Tinarah tried to suppress the emotions, not showing them to anyone as she stared at the ship a moment longer, hardly able to force her feet to carry her further.

19. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Is this all of you?" Enzo asked. The woman shook her head. He took her by the arm and wrapped her arm around his neck, to help her get to her feet. The child crying still, he picked up and put over his shoulder. "There is a time and place to cry little boy, but that water won't help here... Just keep your eyes shut until we get out." He quickly took out his keyblade from his pant leg and cast a water spell over the flames, He created an accessible walkway that he dashed through as he ran far enough with enough adrenalin pumping in his body, that he couldn't think about anything else.

The fires were thick with heat, but Enzo continued to cast water spells and was running out of the building, as soon as he was close enough to the exit, he heard a loud meowing sound.
    "AHH.. must save cat." He heard the cat near the window close by and immediately kicked through the glass with his foot. He then made a quick turn, and rapped his foot around the cat, who was hissing at the fire. He gently tapped his foot on the underbelly of the cat, before lifting it off the ground with his foot and tossing it out the window. A loud, scream was let loose as the cat flew out the window. "You're welcome!" Enzo called out, before exiting with the small family in tow.

Enzo's face was covered in soot as he took the family in a safe distance before running off to reconvene with Aria.
    He cast a couple of water spells to drench the heartless before slashing at them with his keyblade to extinguish them permenantly.
    "Where are they coming from?" he asked in a serious tone to Aria.

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Fost's suggestion had reminded him of what Torrin had told him and once again he didn't feel like testing that theory, even if the numbers advantage was still on their side. Perhaps Ardyn was just here to observe them. It didn't make him feel completely better about his presence in general, but if he didn't do anything while here then it would be much appreciated. Hopefully the same could be said about whichever of the Light Chaser's student happened to be here as well. The sound of an engine above hand drawn Chrono's attention up towards the airship as his sister called attention to it, the name of the company was proudly displayed in the ad. Unpleasant memories were stirred and his fist tightened as a result. "'Don't miss out on the future', must be something big." Chrono took in a breath, tearing his eyes away from the airship and venturing towards central plaza.