Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Arch Mana Knight

Torrin couldn't hide his grin when he saw the ridiculous pose Aria struck, the coat seemingly a little baggy on the girl. "Definitely your color." He spoke half-jokingly with a chuckle. At least she managed to break his somber attitude about the whole "going back home" situation. He briefly wondered about offering an additional warning about his family but decided that if anyone needed to be wary around them, it was him. He let out a sigh and shook the thought off decided to worry about when it came time to actually face them.

"Soldiers?" Torrin raised his eyebrow at Qamar. "No. No one would believe it without a uniform. As for me, I think this coat will do just fine. Just keep your voices low and move quickly and we'll be in the castle in no time. Portaling out of the castle is fine but the magic protecting the area prevents anyone but the King from portaling too close to it."

"Anyway..." Torrin scratched the back of his head and pulled his hood up. "Been over six years but better late than never, I guess." He nodded at Boreas then held up his hand to prepare to open a portal. After so long, it was finally time to go back home. Torrin turned his head over towards Take, Chrono, and Tinarah and gave the three a thumbs up. "Good luck. Come back in one piece, guys." With a final wave toward the other group Torrin extended his hand once more and summoned a column of darkness before him. He took a long, deep breath and took a step forward.

"Long time coming..." He spoke under his breath. With one final look at his group he faced forward and stepped through the portal first.

Upon crossing over the familiar weight of the Realm of Darkness pressed upon him. Even though the coat was meant to shield one from its influence Torrin could still feel it through the garment. Then again, when it came to darkness he had a better sense when it came to it. Torrin's eyes glowed a deep amber in this world, their focus now on the castle on the horizon. Home. To his left was the shoreline and the sounds of gentle waves filled the air. The air was calm and the sandy path ahead was clear. It was clear to him that night was nearly upon them as the sky was, what might have been to some, an eerie shade of deep purple.

"At least there doesn't seem to be any fighting anywhere near here...strange though...I can't see any guards on the road. Maybe they've fallen back to the Nocte Arce's town." Torrin began walking forward. "Let's get moving. You guys don't want to be outside of the town walls after nightfall." He warned.

[​IMG]

Fost folded his arms and shook his head at the group. "Well you kids need to figure out what you need to do about your father but the mission stays the same. Now that Illiana has arrived it's about time I send you off on your merry way." Fost called on his keyblade and held it up. A beam of light shot forth from it and opened up a portal of light to Chrono and Tinarah's homeworld so that they could cross over easily.

[​IMG]

When the group crossed over they found themselves stepping into an empty alleyway smelling of rotten garbage in the middle of the downtown area. Directly in front of them was a large park and beyond a group of skyscrapers gleaming in the sunlight.

2. Krowley Moderator

Enzo lazily walked behind the rest of the group, being a silent presence as he took in the world around him. The darkness was heavy, and Torrin's words put a sense of tension on the situation at hand. Enzo gave a thumbs up as he walked behind the group with his hands in his pockets.

"We're sneakily walking along,
    While Enzo is singing a song.
    Surrounded by darkness and forces unknown,
    and also the chance that we could break our bones,"

He hummed his little tune as he walked along.

"Waking as if we are frightened and scared,
    Mercy will never be sullied or spared,
    If we are found, we'll be bound and in prison,
    From the dark forces that here are ariseeeeeen."

"And the order in which we'll surely die is as follows,"

Enzo cleared his throat.

"Boreas will be the first to defend us,
    And put up a fight that will be stupendous,
    But sad as it is, he'll fall to the fight,
    From all of their archers and all of their knights.
    Next will be Qamar who gives us away,
    Loud and obnoxious and all in your face,
    She will be silenced and quelled of your voice,
    Only by me since she gave me no choice.
    Then there's Aria and sweet Eilonwy,
    Since they have values, their lives spared will be,
    Only to be used in the darkest of ways,
    as princess of light, and obefient slave.
    Then there is Torrin ho falls from his quest,
    Dies in Enzo's arm's; his friend who's the best.
    Whispers that he was so cool with his style,
    As Enzo then nods then gives him a smile.
    As Torrin then dies, held in Enzo's arms.
    Enzo yells VENGEANCE and charges to harm!
    He summons his blade and enters the fray,
    Ready to help and reclaim this worst day.
    But like each legend, he falls in the end,
    but not before taking out ten thousand men.
    The only one left, who is left to recall,
    This story of sadness, and friendship and awe,
    A musical man, known by all true men!
    The bard of the group, whose name is called..."

Enzo paused for a moment before turning to Lumen.
    "What's your name again?..."

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    Chrono let Tinarah do most of the explaining as to why they wouldn't want to actually see their father and simply put he didn't know how to explain any of this to their father. Part of him didn't even know if he could bring himself to face his father after being gone for 3 years on top of everything else that's occurred. The time to ponder this was cut short when Master Fost opened up a doorway to their homeworld. The immediate first thing that went through his mind was why did Fost pick this place to drop them off. The only reason he didn't immediately walk out of the alleyway was the risk of him being recognized by anyone. "Well, ignoring the smell, this is home alright." His attention was aimed at the skyscrapers up above and in the distance.

4. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Figuring out what to do with her father was also part of figuring out the mission. Either way it wasn't worth arguing, as long as they got the job done then there wouldn't be much of a problem. She could just focus on that for now, anything else that Fost was saying about it was secondary. "Glad you could join us." Tinarah said earnestly to Illiana when she approached. She really did appreciate all the extra support. It wasn't going to be easy, not for her or her brother, and on top of that she couldn't see the mission itself being a walk in the park, the more the better for something like this.

Walking through the portal created for them, Tinarah wrinkled her nose at the smell of the city. She had nearly forgotten how bad it could smell.
    "This smell definitely means we are home." Tinarah corrected her brother. "So... do we go investigate the company first, or... you know..." They discussed it already, but now being in their world it was too real and the pain in Tinarah's heart grew. She glanced down to notice a slight tremble to her hand, she gripped the hem of her shirt to try and make it stop. Everything about this world was too familiar and she had worked so hard on moving on,now she didn't know what to do with it. Either way they didn't want to stay hidden in the ally, that had never turned out for her in the past and she didn't want to try it here.

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar scratched her head when Torrin looked at her. "Hey, it was just a suggestion, never said it'd work." she spoke in her defense. Soon enough, he had made the portal and they were walking through it. On the other side, Qamar shivered on the other side and looked to Torrin and Boreas. Their eyes were glowing and she sighed. That meant hers would be giving off a glow as well and that kind of annoyed her. Walking along, she held her hands behind her back. Enzo was singing an odd song and she only half paid attention to the lyrics at first. Then she heard names and she started to listen more carefully. She heard her name and looked at Enzo with a frown. Oh great, his eyes were also glowing faintly. How lovely. He had finished his song by forgetting to remember Lumen's name. "Enzo, please, no singing. That's all I ask. Especially since you said some pretty choice words. You're lucky I haven't punched you yet..." she mumbled the last part.

"Man, the last time I was here, I got attacked by heartless." she spoke idly. "Glad to see it's not...well, as bad so far."

6. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Lumen and Enzo had joined them as they were about to leave, Qamar wondered if they should act like soldiers behind him, he didn't say he sincerely doubted that she could actually manage it, even without the uniform that Torrin mentioned. Torrin didn't seem to be too thrilled to be heading home, he could understand why. "Good luck out there." Boreas said to the other group. As Torrin nodded at him he too held out his hand, they'd open the way together. Boreas followed Torrin closely the portal felt more familiar to him than other ones he had used out in the Realm of Light. Emerging on the other side he felt the familiar weight of the darkness settle on him, he had missed it in the Realm of Light, it never felt quite right to him. He breathed in the salty air, and closed his eyes for a moment to listen to the gentle lapping of the waves. This... this was home...

He looked at the sky for a moment to get an idea of what time it was and then turned to Torrin who remarked on not wanting to be outside of town when night fell. "
    Might want to get moving then. I mean the guards may have fallen back because they are anticipating a horde last I heard we haven't had one in a while... but we really don't want to get caught out here if that's the case... furthermore fewer guards we run into the easier it is for us to move around." Boreas said to his friend. The absence of fighting in the area was good, it wasn't too long ago that the rebels had dared attack the Castle itself, thinking of that day caused him to wonder where his company was right now and how they were faring without him, and who was his substitute. As Enzo was singing his song, Boreas got slightly annoyed, however as the song drew on he couldn't surpress a smile, it was a rather funny song and rather impressive that he made it up on the spot so he didn't say anything about it. Others weren't as pleased with Enzo's singing but for different reasons, he glanced to Enzo noting how his eyes glowed, just like Torrin's and his, was he from out here too? Boreas knew next to nothing about Enzo. Boreas kept pace beside Torrin surpressing the urge to tell Qamar they had only just gotten here and while Heartless were more prevalent here it didn't mean they would immediately get attacked.

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

Chrys merely shrugged at Take's response to her words and nodded at Tinarah's thanks. She left the room not far behind them, and mostly stayed quite as Chrono and Tinarah discussed what to do about their father. She listened carefully though, and tried to consider what might be the best course of action. However, there were too many variables, so she wasn't sure she should give an honest opinion about what to do. Maybe that was for the best, though. Though she knew on a conceptual level that it was best not to overthink things, it was unfortunately a lesson she still had some trouble putting practice too. As they were joined by Illiana and departed for their destination, she briefly noted and subsequently tried to shove her observations about Tinarah and Fost continued... issues to the back of her mind. Chrys stood back silently as Tinarah and Chrono began talking, waiting to see what the group was to do.

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "Let's investigate the company first. If that doesn't work out then we'll go with that." Chrono said. Even though he did plan on coming back here at some point, actually being back here right now was felt as odd as it was discomforting. Not because his sister and some of his friends had ended up coming here as well, but the lack of mental preparation was slowly taking a toll on him. He would be able to bear with it for now, but for how long he wasn't sure about. Especially if they ended up needing to go home. "Everyone okay with that?" He'd asked mainly to see if anyone else had any ideas or suggestions.

9. Arch Mana Knight

Torrin would have pressed his hand to Enzo's mouth to quiet him but he didn't see much point at the moment considering no one was even around to hear him. He folded his arms and raised an eyebrow at him, wondering just what exactly what was going on through Enzo's head. "So wait, Qamar gets us all killed and...you kill her for it? You know, you have a pretty grim outlook on this mission if you think it'll play out anything like that. Um. Just don't sing once we're in town. I don't need people freaking out that I'm back until I'm standing right in front of my family." Torrin commented, scratching his cheek. "Oh and that's Lumen."

"Anyway. We've stood here too long. If Boreas is right, and he just might be, we need to get moving. I don't like our chances if we're out in the open when a horde comes along." Torrin tugged at his hood and began walking forward. He took a deep breath of the fresh dusk air and kept his eyes focused on the castle looming ahead.

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana followed the others until she found herself in a city. "Not quite like Stella Nihil but it still has that city air." Illiana opened her umbrella and kept following the others. Tinarah and Chrono were discussing with one another. Illiana kept looking around until Chrono asked the group. "This is your home not ours. We don't know where we're going so not like we have much choice." Illiana shrugged her shoulders as she gave her opinion on it.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Take was probably not as bothered by the smell as much as others, since he'd certainly smelled worse things. But the locations and the reason for the smell was enough to at least have that same gross feeling. He tried to walk out of that area a bit and looked up at all the skyscrapers and took it in a minute before admitting,
    "It's a nice city and all, but it just makes me realize how much Illusia feels like home to me. Must be the mountains." he put up his hood cause he felt the urge to considering they wanted to be stealthy and whatnot. Regardless of whether that really helped. Then he looked over at the two and said, "You guys are the bosses really. Unless something sounds really unreasonable I won't have much to say when it comes to how to handle this." he then looked back over to the skyscrapers while keeping an eye to follow the others when they moved along.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Whilst wishing the others good luck, soon Aria found herself spirited away to the other realm. The darkness was pressing, that much she noted. She swore she could feel the dark creature within her churning and maybe even giggling in glee with the surroundings...

Aria was barely paying attention to the group when Enzo suddenly broke out into song. It was a strange one at that, and the outlook of the mission in the song was dim, but the tune was sort of catchy. Aria blew some lose strands of hair from her face, grounding herself back on the task at hand. They were heading to the castle where it was mentioned there was no guards. With really not much to say or do, Aria quietly followed behind the others, hoping that the dark being inside her would sit this one out for a while and leave her be.

13. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Enzo chuckled at Qamar's threat. "Hahaha, classic Qamar..." He looked in the direction of the castle looming in the distance, as he could feel the energy differ from their previous location. He felt a bit uneasy, but still chose to keep high spirits as they walked along. He couldn't recall the last time he saw the castle, only that it was one of the last landmarks he saw before leaving this place all those years ago. "So Torrin, what do you plan to do when we get to your home? Any lost loves? Owed debts? Casualties of war you weren't affiliated with, but they still blame you for what happened and thus have vengeance sworn upon you?"

That last one seemed oddly specific he realized.

14. Arch Mana Knight

Torrin froze for a moment and turned his head to look over at Enzo. "Lost loves? Hah. Haha... That's funny." Torrin scratched the back of his neck and looked ahead as he continued to walk. "As for the rest...well that describes my cousins. A lot of baggage there that I'd be more comfortable not involving you guys with." He paused and thought for a moment about adding more to the statement but instead let it hang there in the air as he had no wish to continue on the subject of his family at that moment.

Minutes later the group had arrived at the town gate, having run into no patrols along the way, and the guards who immediately took notice of Boreas's house crest and armor gave the captain a respectful bow of their heads and quickly called for the guards on the other side to open the gate for them. Torrin noticed that the men gave Qamar and Enzo a curious glance for their strange garbs but said nothing of it lest they risk insulting the company that Captain Boreas had kept with him. Once they were on the other side Torrin could smell a faint aroma of baked bread in the air mixed in with the metallic scent coming from a nearby blacksmith shop. The town buildings were constructed of a smooth solid stone and looked sturdy enough withstand a magical blast from even their own magic. The townspeople themselves were dressed in garments in varying shades of dark blues and reds that were all well kept.

"For the most part nobles live around here. So chins up and pretend like you belong." Torrin commented. "Castle's not too far now."

"Oh what a joyous return of the prodigal children!" An all too familiar voice crept up from behind the group. "Ah the man upstairs said you would show up here but I was beginning to worry that you were never going to arrive. How rude of you all to keep a gentleman like myself waiting. What? Already showing signs of trepidation around me? What a pity." In a flash of red light Ardyn reappeared on the other end of the alleyway.

The man flashed a sly grin at the keybladers and held out his hand to press it against a nearby wall as he began to lean against it as if he wasn't talking to a group of protagonists who weren't all willing to strike him down. "Don't mind me. I'll be keeping an eye out for your precious Orichalcum and your dear old father. Do try to enjoy yourselves while you're home. Life is precious and can be cut short at any moment. Just ask Glyde."

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Without thinking a keyblade appeared in Tinarah's hand. She wasn't going to deal with him again, she wouldn't watch any of her friends get hurt. They had to look for the Orichalcum, but now Tinarah worried more for their father. Ardyn clearly knew about their lives and Tinarah didn't put it past him to know more that she had ever shared. "Stay away from him. Stay away from us!" Tinarah took a step closer. She was stronger than the last time they had met, but it didn't mean that they could defeat him. Still she had to do something. "Why are you here? Answer me!" Tinarah had now pushed her way in front of her friends and stood facing Ardyn down, ready for whatever he through her way. She would do what she had to, to protect her friends and complete this job.

16. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

"Oh great. It's you." Takehiko hadn't even turned yet, that voice was recognizable without the face he knew seeing it would piss him off anyway. Take turned to look back over at the man and yelled, "Don't you have anything better to do with your life than harass a couple of kids? You seem more competent than that." he then heard Tinarah speak her mind and replied quieter towards her, "I think he already answered the question about why he's here when he mentioned the orichalcum... wait..." he looked over at Ardyn and said, "How did you even know we were coming here? Who told you?!"

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

The way Enzo talked really got under Qamar's skin, but she kept quiet. Though the part about casualties of war piqued her interest, so she glanced to Enzo. "That's oddly specific..." she thought to herself as they walked to the town gate. They were immediately let inside, but were met with odd looks for Qamar and Enzo. Glancing back to Torrin, Qamar raised an eyebrow. He mentioned this being the noble district...she was a little confused, but nonethless, they seemed to fit in....with the reds and purples at least. "Honestly...I'd hate to see the other districts." she spoke quietly towards Torrin. "Ah, I just thought of something. Do we still call you by name or should we address you as something else? Perhaps just Master...? Odd question, I know, but it's a little necessary."

18. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2019-2-4_23-8-14.png

Lumen was humming while they made they’re way to the castle up ahead, while doing so he was playing the lute to what Enzo was saying earlier and gave a smirk as Kosmo was peacefully sleeping. “I suppose we just don’t because he’s our friend. It’s more so personal.” He said while finishing off one of his tunes and smiled to Qamar before looking to Torrin again. “So we’re on the search for some sort of material for armor if I recall right? What are we looking for exactly?” The boy asked curiously with his hand behind his back.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    "Did the Light Chaser to keep an eye on us, or does he need the Orichalcum for his own purposes?"Despite the seeming calmness in his voice, Chrono was very much on edge and glaring at Ardyn. This was the last thing that Chrono wanted to deal with right now and the fact that he knew about their father somehow only made things worse. The tension of the situation had left him ready to act the moment it became needed.

20. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Boreas remained at Torrin's side, Boreas was rather amused by Enzo's song but understood Torrin's objection to singing, at the very least without guards out here it was harmless. Even if it was a grim outlook on the mission ahead of them, which might not even come to fruition if his assesment was right, not liking their chances when a horde came along was an understatement. It was the one thing that broke up open battle and have both sides stand side by side to simply survive. With this team, sure they were all wielders of the blade but all it took was for one to fall and they'd all be overwhelmed. Eventhough the questions weren't directed to him, Boreas couldn't help but think the last question was rather specific, something Qamar seemed to share. He understood the feeling of not wanting to get the others involved in the family politics though, not that as outsiders they had any real influence and Boreas doubted he held any sway in that regard anyways.

As they reached the gates Boreas returned the bow to the guards, he knew one of them, seen him often enough they sometimes spoke and if it weren't for the others with him he would take the opportunity to see how things had gone for the man. They were quickly let into town and the scent of freshly baked bread and the smoke of the forge filled his nostrils. His own family home wasn't too far off, if they had time he might visit home, but other than Torrin he wasn't too sure if he wanted the remainder of this group at his home. Boreas didn't need to adjust to walking around in the noble district, his military service made sure he knew how to walk upright and with his head held high, between that and his upbringing it was second nature, his torn and singed green cloak was rather out of place here but it mattered very little to him. "
    The material we're looking for is a rather trivial matter, it wouldn't take long to acquire it, if our request is granted that is." Boreas said, Qamar raised a reasonable point regarding the name and figured that it'd just be best to refer to him as Master, either that or just not talk until they reached the castle.