Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Dentro growled, watching the others as they purposefully held back when they could have been trying to finish the fight quickly. "Fine. Let me show you all how it's done!" In a flash of green his blade was in his hand and he leaped up towards the mechanical monster, flipping forwards in midair as he swung down hard on the Dark Leviathan's head, denting its armor with one strike. It reeled and swiped defensively at him barely managing to scratch him. In its anger the Heartless-fueled machine bolted towards Take, its tail swinging from side to side towards the others. Illiana had blocked the attack but Chrono and Glyde were struck by it. With its claw it attacked the boy but he would have been able to withstand the blow.

HP: 110/110
    AP: 2/42

Take was hit for 3 Damage! (27/30HP)
    Illiana guarded the attack! (25/25HP)
    Chrono was hit for 11 Damage! (19/30HP)
    Dentro was hit for 10 Damage! (100/110HP)
    Glyde was hit for 8 Damage! (17/25HP)

Dark Leviathan: 157/200 HP

[​IMG]

"Storks? I'm afraid my homeworld never had those." The Light Chaser chuckled and nodded at Aria. "Alright, Aria. Though the only reason why young Tinarah here was taken was simply because I had the power to heal her injuries in a way the others could not." He looked over towards Tinarah. "I apologize that I cannot show you my face and that this must be uncomfortable for you but this cloak is for the protection of everyone around me. My power tends to attract trouble. This cloak hides that power. Sometimes we are born with burdens far out of our control. This is mine." He tugged at the sleeve of his black coat and shrugged.

"I will have you returned to your brother and friends soon enough. And it will only be a little while before Aria can join you. The only thing keeping her here is the darkness surrounding this world. Because Aria is a Princess of Heart, her crossing through that darkness would damage this world. You doing the same would not do that." He hoped that this would be understandable towards the girl but he knew that even after simplifying these concepts they could still be difficult to grasp.

"But before I return you, would you like to speak to Aria for a while? Or my student," he motioned towards Chrysanthemum, "Chrys?"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    For some reason Tinarah didn't trust that she was just brought there to be healed. While she had to admit that it was rather impressive that he was able to get rid of a scar that not even Choma was able to help her get rid of, it still didn't sit right. There was no point behind it, no gain for him, and from what Tinarah knew of humans they didn't do things that didn't prove beneficial to them. Perhaps she had a lack of faith in humanity, but in her eyes it was justified. In the end she didn't see a reason to trust anyone, even her own brother had left her and went off on his own, leaving her in her own pit of darkness.

The Light Chaser started talking about his cloak and while it was unsettling, it wasn't at the top of her priority list. Whatever he was talking about, that power, it was interesting, but didn't make sense why he had so much power, or what the power actually was. It could be information that helped her decide whether or not to trust the man. However Tinarah had a good feeling that asking about it wouldn't get her anywhere. So instead she just listened to whatever else he had to say, answering their questions. Trying to explain why Aria couldn't go back didn't help much. To some extent it was understandable, she got the basic concept, but it was still weird and hard to grasp what this "Princess of Heart" thing actually was or meant. There was a suspicion though that no matter how many times she asked, the answer would never get anymore clear.

Finally it came back to her and returning her home. He offered her time to speak with Aria... but Tinarah was just confused and frightened. She knew she needed to tell her brother what had happened here and didn't particularly want to wait around. She looked up at Aria, but then looked back to The Light Chaser.
    "Please I just want to go back to my brother." Her eyes were slightly glazed over, once more looking like she was about to cry. "I-I just want to go back and see my brother. Please." Tinarah then looked back at Aria. "I am sorry... I don't mean to leave you like this. It isn't that I don't want to help. I just don't know. I am sorry. I just need to go back to something familiar. I just.... I..." Tinarah tried to justify her reasoning but it turned into a bunch of upset rambling that didn't seem to make much sense. She didn't want to leave Aria behind, and she did like the girl, but talking with Chrono would help her clear her mind and certainly he would know how to handle this better than her. Currently she was out of her element and wasn't sure how to handle it.

3. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    "I think she's overwhelmed..." Aria spoke to the Light Chaser on Tinarah's behalf. "I mean, the only thing any of us knew before we came out on this mission was that there was this bad Darkness we had to fight, and we had to be careful of the Light Chaser because they did some awful things. Which is you... But yeah.... Moving on. It's still hard to grasp all of this at once, even for me."

She then turned her attention back to the girl and approached Tinarah, getting down on her level by kneeling. She then looked at her in the eye with kindness and understanding. "
    Listen, I know we weren't that close back at the castle... And I know how scared you are right now." Aria smiled a little and continued on. "Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. I want you to go back with the others where you will be safe and at peace, alright? I'm not going to be mad or disappointed at you that you left. You come first, and that's okay. This is all very confusing and scary, isn't it? But I'm sure it'll make more sense once your with your brother, and our master again. I just need one thing from you before you go, and it's okay if you don't want to give it because I know how you are with things like this..."

Aria opened her arms out wide and gave a little smile with a tilt of her head. "
    Can I have a hug, please?"

For Aria, it was something she wanted to believe would help Tinarah be more calm. And for more selfish reasons for herself, she wanted to believe that she was still alive and this was all very real right now. It felt as if she had awoken to a bad dream, ripped away from that she was familiar with. She didn't know what to believe anymore... Why did Master Choma never tell her that she was a Princess of Light? Why was the Light Chaser the way he was and what was his true power? How could he possibly know what she was and what she was capable of? Things were not all black and white as they once were. They were all confusing shades of grays, reds, purples, and other colors that didn't make sense. But hugging a teammate in distress made sense right now, and that was what she was going to cling onto at the moment.

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana lowered her blade as the Leviathan made its move. She watched as Dentro start to attack the Leviathan. She giggled before smirking. Her plan was a success. As Dentro got hit, Illiana spoke, "I'm really learning a lot. Wonderful lesson." Illiana giggled once more before looking at the Leviathan. She began running over and around to the mechanical beast. She immediately slid and attacked before running back to her original spot. She went back into a defensive position as she saw the Leviathan get ready to make its move.

HP: 25/25
    AP: 7/14

5. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Even though she was freaking out and leaving Aria, Aria didn't seem mad about it. The girl only looked at her with kind eyes as she knelt down in front of her and began to speak to her. While Aria seemed to talk to her as if she was younger than she actually was. However given how Tinarah was reacting, she couldn't really say anything about it. She deserved to be treated like that, and in the end it was actually helping her. Nodding Tinarah just listened to what Aria had to say. There was not much she could say back, or if there was she didn't know how to express it. So she stared for a moment until Aria asked for a hug.

Tinarah stepped closer to Aria and gave the girl a big hug. She managed to keep herself from crying this time at least. She held Aria for a good long moment before whispering in the girls ear
    "I will return and bring the others to help you." She affirmed. Tinarah hoped that she was being quiet enough that Light Chaser wouldn't hear her. She still didn't know what to think of the man, so she figured that it was better safe than sorry. She wasn't ever planning to completely leave Aria. She didn't like the idea of leaving her behind, but she had to least she could get help by leaving. She couldn't say the same about staying here.

Finally she stepped away and looked to the other student and then back to the light chaser. Giving him the man a nod she hoped he would understand to take her back, without having to say a word. Tinarah wasn't in a talking mood and Aria managed to sum up everything that she was trying to say earlier with being overwhelmed and such. There really wasn't much else to say without embarrassing herself more.

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The beat struck a heavy blow to Chrono, but fortunately he was able to withstand the force of the attack and not get set backwards. Re centering himself, Chrono noticed that the spot Dentro had attacked it had a very noticeable dent compared to where they had attacked. "Just attack it again like that." This wasn't an order as it was motivation for himself. More attacks like that and this fight would be over quicker. Chrono stepped forward and went to attack the Leviathan once again.

HP: 19
    AP: 3/12

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take felt like he took the hit pretty well, but he could tell he didn't do a very good job at blocking all of it. But that was okay, he knew realistically he couldn't brunt all of the damage unless he wanted to die or something which... well, in this scenario it wouldn't be a noble sacrifice. But Take made sure to attempt to draw the creature's attention again. He did a little more damage this time and got ready with his blocking, constantly eyeing the rest of the group to make sure no one did anything completely out of whack.

HP: 27
    AP: 7/10

8. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Not helping." Dentro spoke through gritted teeth as he decided to step things up a notch and cast an Earth-based spell on himself. Rocks and earth began to swirl around Dentro and solidified as an armor that surrounded his torso. He started off by casting a Blizzard spell at one of the Dark Leviathan's mechanical legs holding it in place as he charged in stabbed it in the side with his keyblade...then proceeded to get stuck when he was unable to remove the blade lodged in the side of the Leviathan.

"Great. Juuuust great." He hung there as the Leviathan swung about wildly trying to shake him off and eventually succeeded by throwing him into Illiana. It the Leviathan's rage it clipped Chrono and Glyde with its claw before it refocused and struck Take once more.

HP: 86/110
    AP: 0/42

Illiana was hit for 7 Damage! (17/25HP)
    Chrono was hit for 2 Damage! (17/30HP)
    Take was hit for 5 Damage! (22/30HP)
    Glyde was hit for 7 Damage! (10/25HP)
    Dentro was hit for 14 Damage! (86/110HP)

Dark Leviathan: 81/200 HP

[​IMG]

"The portal I will open should take you close to where your brother was. Though travel through areas of such dense darkness can be imprecise. I would have preferred that you stayed here until it was clear but you will have your wish. I will take you out of this world." The Light Chaser extended his hand and a portal of light appeared behind Tinarah. This one was larger and brighter than she would have seen created by Master Choma. There was no way to see what was on the other side but the Light Chaser gave Tinarah a nod of reassurance. "It will be okay." He spoke softly.

"I am sorry that this meeting between us had gone so poorly. May your heart be your guiding key, Miss Dellia." When the portal closed after Tinarah entered the Light Chaser looked over towards Aria and stood up from his seat. "Tell me, what do you know of Princesses of Heart? Your master never told you that you were one, did he?"

When Tinarah passed through the portal and her way back to Eventide Town was closed off she would have been able to take a good look around her surroundings. She was left standing on a bridge. A thick fog obscured her vision and it seemed like the bridge went on forever in both directions. If she looked down to see what was beneath she would have heard or seen nothing but the dense fog moving beneath giving the illusion that the bridge was over the clouds. The air was cool and fresh with the scent of recent rainfall in the air despite there having been no signs of precipitation. The atmosphere was not oppressive yet it would have left anyone with a deep sense of loneliness just by being there.

9. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take watched Dentro go flying and sighed, "Jeez this guy is gonna knock out Illiana on his own..." Take ran around the Leviathan and tried slashing at his legs, going more for trying to get as much damage down as he could rather than tanking anything. He had a good feeling it was gonna go down. But before he did. Take pointed his keyblade over in Chrono's direction and gave him a heal just in case. He figured Illiana might be okay.

Take used cure on Chrono
    HP: 22/30
    AP: 0/10

10. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Giving the Light Chaser a nod, Tinarah turned to the portal he opened. It was bright and at first she felt the need to shield her eyes from the bright light. She didn't remember the portals that Choma opened being so bright. After a moment her eyes adjusted enough that she thought that she could see through. With that she decided to walk forward and head into the portal, looking back at Aria, giving her a short wave goodbye. She was going to find her brother and then go back to find Aria and help her out. As the Light Chaser waved her off with his words Tinarah finally took a deep breath before stepping into the portal.

Reaching the other side Tinarah looked around expecting to see the beach or the city that they were in, but she wasn't there. From what Tinarah could tell, she was on a bridge, but not one like the one that brought them to the city. Looking around there really wasn't much to see, just grey. Nervously Tinarah took a step forward and looked around trying to see where the bridge lead to.
    "H-hello!" Tinarah called out trying to figure out if anyone else was around, even if she didn't see anyone. Spinning around she turned back towards the portal hoping it was there and Light Chaser could help her out, but it was also gone. Taking another few steps forward she looked around again, hoping to figure out more of where she was and what was going on, but to no avail.

With nothing and no one around Tinarah was not left with many options. She started walking along the bridge, her arms crossed over her, hugging herself. Every now and then she would stop and look around trying to see if anything changed, and so far it didn't seem like it was.
    "Where am I?" She whispered softly. "Where did you send me? Why am I here? I thought I was going back to my brother. Why did you do this to me?" She mumbled, blaming Light Chaser for making her go there. He said he was powerful, if he was that powerful he could get her back to her friends, but he didn't. Fear and confusion wrapped tight around her as she walked, bringing tears to her eyes. Tinarah always had problems with abandonment, leaving her there by herself instead of returning her to her friends only added to her abandonment issues.

11. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Watching Dentro get thrown into Illiana had caused Chrono to cringe slightly at the blow. It looked like it hurt and while wondering how she was fairing after a hit like that, the Leviathan had struck at him again with another attack. This one fortunately hot having the same strength as its previous attacks. For the most part he was still doing well, starting to get a bit winded, but fine overall. When the sensation of healing washed over him, Chrono looked to see that Take had healed up. "Thanks." Giving his friend a thumbs up, he went in to attack the Levithan legs again.

HP: 27

AP: o/12

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Chrys remained silent as her master spoke with the two girls. She listened to him explain about his plans to rid the worlds of darkness, Aria's position as a Princess of Heart, and her resulting place in those plans. None of this was new information for her. Yet...

She could only imagine how they must feel.

For Chrys, being the Light Chaser's apprentice hadn't been much of a choice; Not that he forced her into it. On the contrary she wouldn't allow herself to pick any other option when he had offered. She could barely consider the alternative; Perhaps she should have slept on it or something, but she hadn't regretted her decision since she had made it. The darkness in people's hearts...

That darkness had destroyed her family. Destroy it? Heck yeah.

Destroy it and bring back the only family member that still mattered at this point? Darn straight.

She had to set things right. If she hadn't run her mouth than maybe things could have been better from the start. Maybe she could have made a difference when those final hours came. As things were now though... she may never bridge the gap she created.

She owed him though. It was all her fault after all.

She had talked.

It was these thoughts that shrouded her in a veil of silence as the three others continued their conversation. Eventually, the encouraging Aria gave the horribly confused Tinarah a hug, (something which she had found incredibly sweet) before departing. It was then that the nearby conversation decided that it was going to delve further into Aria's background. She didn't know the other girl's master personally, but she hadn't had a good experience the last time an authority figure decided not to tell her something. Still, it was a keyblade master, so she would give the benefit of the doubt that he had the best intentions in mind. She didn't want to be too hasty, unlike another certain keyblade wielder she knew.

She did her best not to scoff aloud at merely the thought. Instead, she merely looked to Aria in anticipation of her answer.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  13. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    I guess that plan is a wash too. Glyde heaved a heavy, exasperated breath. He unenthiastically summoned his Keyblade. With the defeat of the soldiers at the claws of the mechanized beast coming so quickly, he hesitantly resumed his place on the front line of combat. His experience so far had taken short time to teach him that the up-close and personaoool style of fighting was neither his forte, nor his interest.

As it stood though, he lacked the knowledge of a means to cope with this roadblock; not with the Keyblade anyways.

Grinding his teeth tightly, he proceeded forward. Despite the setback of two consecutive blows dealt by the Leviathan he maintained course. With the foe seeming single-mindedly focused on Take, Glyde began circling, looking for an opening in the Leviathan's defenses. Though no point seemed so exposed in its armored construction, he concluded as he rounded to its flank, that striking its legs could prove useful in the long run.

He charged cautiously, making swings at the machine's appendages.

HP: 10/25
    AP: 9/12

14. Arch Mana Knight

Kida began walking towards the lake, the crystal on her necklace shining like a beacon as she was drawn towards the Heart of Atlantis while completely oblivious to the battle that was going on. Milo tried to grab her but the chaos of the battle prevented him from getting near her. When Kida approached the water rather than swim to it she walked across the lake. The light in the room slowly shifted from red back to the blue shade it had been before. She began to float up towards the light source above when the Heart began to draw her towards it. In a bright flash of light she and the Heart of Atlantis became one.

15. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana lowered her blade after the Leviathan attacked. Just as she was about to move in, she saw something fly towards her. She had no time to move as Dentro fell on top of her. "Whoa!!" Illiana rubbed her head as she saw Dentro on top of her. Her eyebrows furrowed as her mouth slightly twitched. "I'm going to give you one second to get off me right now..." Illiana spoke once more. "Time's up!!" As she yelled, her knee jammed right into Dentro's stomach. She stood up, wiping off the dirt on her dress. "You're a terrible teacher. Go and learn some manners." Illiana let out a 'hmph' before moving in toward the Leviathan once more. Seeing the others attack, the Leviathan looked as if it was on it's last breath. "You were no fun either...Well let's send you to a place where other boring toys are!" Illiana winded up before dashing toward it and slashing through the Levianthan. Hopefully that had been enough to defeat the mechanical beast.

HP: 18/25
    AP: 0/14

16. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Dentro rubbed his stomach where Illiana had kneed him and winced. He had already had enough of all this. It was time for the battle to be over. His grip on his keyblade tightened and when he looked over at Kida, the girl glowing with such a strong light it struck him that this had to be one of them. The signs were so obvious that he did not need a master's training to tell what she was. He looked over at the Leviathan as it spun around, striking the other keybladers with its tail once they were left open by their all out attacks. One more hit from him would be enough to do the trick. He had just enough strength to do it.

Dentro spun his keyblade around and charged forward...in the opposite direction of the battle and made a beeline towards Kida who had just approached the shore.

"No! She's mine!" He could hear Rourke call out from behind. The military man aimed his pistol at Dentro and fired only to have the shot bounce off the magical stone armor surrounding him.

"Sorry guys! Been nice playing with you but you can all take it from here, right? Right? Right!" A column of light opened up as Dentro grabbed Kida by the arm. The glow around her faded as either the presence of the keyblade or being pulled towards the portal forced a separation from her and the Heart of Atlantis. She was too dazed in that moment to even realize what was going on. In another instant the two vanished into the portal and it closed.

Dentro fled the battle!
    Take was hit for 10 Damage! (12/30HP)
    Chrono was hit for 8 Damage! (19/30HP)
    Glyde was hit for 4 Damage! (6/25HP)
    Illiana was hit for 8 Damage! (10/25HP)

Dark Leviathan: 42/200 HP

17. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    When Take had not guarded this time, he had assumed it was because Dentro was going to finish things this round, but it didn't take long for Take to realize that this man really did have his own agenda. Take quickly got up and tried to get up to run after Dentro but he was too unstable in his movement to make it halfway up before the man was gone. He must have been involved with Tinarah's disappearance, he must have. And possibly Mika's death too. Take balled up his fist and his coolness shook off as he ran over towards the Leviathan screaming and leaped at it. He stabbed his keyblade straight into it's head and pushed it in, holding it there and screaming, "JUST FINISH IT, GUYS!"

HP: 12/30

AP: 0/10

18. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria was genuinely surprised for receiving what she asked for from Tinarah. Still, she hugged her back automatically, and before she knew it, the girl was gone. And she was alone with unfamiliar faces again. She didn't even know if Tinarah really arrived at the right destination or not. Like Tinarah, she was still a little uncertain of the Light Chaser and what he stood for. That, and how he knew so much and she so little gave her no choice but to listen to this man. Was she ever going to be reunited with everyone again...? How long was she going to be stuck in this world for?

Aria sniffed and rubbed at her eyes before turning to the Light Chaser and seeing Chrys had silently joined them. "
    I... I don't know anything," she answered honestly. "I grew up on a farm where we raised Chocobos and grew some crops. I helped around the place, and even warded off some monsters... Nothing like these dark shadowy things," she said, waving in the direction where her and Chrys had come from earlier. She then furrowed her brows and scratched her head, wishing she had some clarity. "How do you even know I am a princess if I didn't come from a castle? Or a royal family?"

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

He left. Following Kida's sudden transformation and had left Chrono confused as to what was going on, Dentro had grabbed Kida and left. Now they were the ones who had to deal with the raging Leviathan. Chrono already didn't like the guy, but this was the icing on the cake. His grip on the keyblade tighten and he charged forth towards the Leviathan and struck at its head.

HP: 19
    AP: 0/12

20. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"What do you mean they're underground? There's no way down from here." Torrin gripped the guard speaking to him by his tunic and narrowed his eyes at the man, a flash of yellow scaring the guard into quick cooperation.

The Leviathan was beginning to slow down from the damage it had taken and it knocked Take away with its claw while its other it was about to crush Chrono when a black blur struck down upon the center of mass of the mechanical monster like lightning, punching through its armor. Sparks flew from the wound dealt to it and the Leviathan fell to its side with darkness fading away turning it back to its original shade of green. The Leviathan had been destroyed.

"Mecha-Heartless. Don't see many of those." Torrin mused to himself his keyblade vanishing from his hand. Second after the stairs leading to the surface had finally cascaded downwards and reached them. He had sensed the darkness below and saw that jumping was just going to faster than waiting for a normal way down. He hadn't expected things to go south this fast but at least now it felt like the world was clear of Heartless. ...For now. Torrin placed a hand to his side, still feeling sore. Not back at a hundred percent but he was getting there.

He looked around at the group and raised an eyebrow seeing their torn and dirtied clothing. The big Heartless must have given them a run for their money. "I suggest you finish up whatever business you all have here and return to Master Atmos." He stated plainly. He was unaware of the situation but knew it was imperative that he found the students. "She's awake."

[​IMG]

"Your master must have had his reasons for not telling you. He probably wanted to protect you." Even from behind the darkness of his hood Aria would have been able to tell that the Light Chaser was looking intently at her. "It takes training to recognize a Princess of Heart. Generally, only masters have had the experience to do so. For me, it is as plain as day to see that the purity of the light in your heart makes you one of the Seven. The name princess is a little misleading. You don't have to be royalty or live a life of grandeur in a castle to be one of the Seven." He crossed his arms. "It was simply a matter of fate that you were chosen." He stated this in an uncharacteristically blunt tone.