Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2018-12-6_8-35-28.png
    While playing his lute, the boy thought about the girls name; Qamar, sounded strong and it appeared she was indeed that. Lumen then spoke to Qamar’s statment about dragons, “Yeah? Well where I come from, dragons thrive everywhere. They made peace with our people and have worked together for decades. I could invite you one day, it’s absolutly gorgeous to see.” Kosmo chirped at the idea, it would seem that she is already liking Qamar. It would make sense since she hasn’t had many in the past, so this made her happy. He chuckled at this, then shrugged a bit when she mentioned about Torrin and Chrys then spoke with no bother in his voice, “Eh, it’s no biggy, I understand if you guys have had past experience with her, but don’t let that stop you from being friends with her. I didn’t really know and I trust her even still.”

And then came the topic once again about the Mirage Arena. His face saddened in disappointment when she spoke of this and about training by himself. Then came the sympathy part, still strumming his lute he listened carefully. Lumens face came to a shock when Qamar requested to help him, he looked up a bit to see a hand given to him.
    “I’m not guessing that there’s no way of getting out of this or changing your mind?” He spoke then sighing as he put his lute away and took Qamar’s hand in confirmation as he continued, “Fine, but I’m warning you now that it will take a while. I trust that you’ll help me, even though I’m kinda a coward half the time. You think you can do it?” Lumen questioned her while at the same time, Kosmo looked at the two with curioustiy.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar has a big smile on her face when he mentioned there being no way to change her mind. She shook her head. "Nope, I'm pretty much stuck in help mode with you now. Kidding, kidding." She assured him. He then took her hand and she used that as an opportunity to help him up to his feet. Putting a hand around Kosmo, she carefully held the dragon in her hands and gave her a little kiss on the snout before setting get back on her shoulder.

"I'm sure Kosmo agrees with all of this." Qamar smiled. Glancing back to the castle. "If it helps, know how you feel about losing that world. Losing your Master. It's a pain that doesn't heal easily." She started, putting her hand on her chest. "It took me a few years, but every Master here has helped me more than enough. I owe them my life. I love all of them. I'm sure they'll take care of you as well." She said, leading Lumen along towards the castle again. "What was your Master like? If you don't mind me asking that is..."

3. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

As the others began forming into groups, Chrys mostly ignored them in favor of carefully examining the program listings. All that she really took note of for them was that Torrin and Aria had both chosen teams, which meant she wouldn't have to worry about either joining her if she chose a simulation that was small enough. Unfortunately for her, Tinarah had already chosen the only solo program. 'A Simple Task' seemed like it might be a good warm up, but it might have been better to save it for someone who needed it more. 'In A Flash' managed to catch her eye briefly, but she soon dismissed it; she wasn't arrogant. A match like that would be against time, and at her current strength she would likely only be able to wipe out around half at most before the enemies detonated. With 50 or more enemies remaining, she didn't like her odds of lasting through the explosion even with every defensive spell available to her active. If there was anyone else with her it might be a different story, but she had best not plan for anyone to be joining her given her position.

It was then that she spotted an interesting collection of enemies. The last one would almost definitely give her problems based on past experience from not too long ago, but the first two would be a good test of her abilities. Without much comment, she stepped towards the door for the 'Demon Hunter' matches.

4. Arch Mana Knight

When Illiana came over and placed herself in their group Torrin simply shrugged in response and looked at the control panel once again to find an appropriate match. "Hm...this one's supposed to be for four people but seeing as how no one else joined us...Well I know the three of us can handle this." Torrin nodded to himself as he selected a match that held a list of enemies which he was unfamiliar with. All except the aptly named "Dark Leviathan" which he knew he had gotten the finishing blow on back when the others were struggling against it. That moment seemed so long ago now. The others had gotten so much stronger since then.

"Alright well this match seems to be called...Blast From The Past. Guess that's accurate for some of us. Boreas and I didn't fight some of these things...and is...is Grandmother Willow an elderly tree? What?" Shaking his head, Torrin selected the match.

"Let's get to training then." Torrin said as the door opened and he walked in.

5. Arch Mana Knight

The Darkside launched an orb of darkness from the hole in its chest, striking Tinarah.

• Tinarah dealt 146 Damage!

Tinarah took 21 Damage!

Darkside
      HP: 461 / 700
      ATK: 10
      DEF: 3
      BREAK GAUGE: 0 / 50%

• Tinarah's Info
      HP: 138/175
      MP: 87/96
      FOC: 5/17
      FLUX: 1/4

The trio entered the room and immediately their surroundings shifted to that of Eventide Town, looking ruined as half of its buildings were torn down and those that were still standing were crumbling. The sky was black and a Darkside, surrounded by a hundred Shadows, stood before the Torrin, Boreas, and Illiana.

• 100 Shadows (2 HP)

Darkside
      HP: 700 / 700

• Torrin's Info
      HP: 130/130
      MP: 40/40
      FOC: 75/75
      FLUX: 5/5

• Boreas's Info
      HP: 150/150
      MP: 31/31
      FOC: 35/35
      FLUX: 4/4

• Illiana's Info
      HP: 85/85
      MP: 42/42
      FOC: 30/30

The room did not morph when Take walked into the room. Instead, three Darksides materialized before the boy, surrounding him in a triangular formation.

• Darkside 1

Darkside 2

Darkside 3

• Takehiko's Info
      HP: 230/230
      MP: 30/30
      FOC: 32/32

The white room darkened when Chrysanthemum entered. From the ceiling hundreds of Shadows acting as a single unit poured out and a Demon Tower was formed in front of the girl.

• Demon Tower
      HP: 900 / 900
      ATK: 12
      DEF: 4
      BREAK GAUGE: 0 / 80%

• Chrysanthemum's Info
      HP: 170/170
      MP: 56/56
      FOC: 40/40

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]
    After the nudge from Aria, Chrono went on ahead and started looking at the machines suited for a group of their size or larger. Soon as he saw the name 'Kefka' Chrono immediately walked away from the ones for 5 people and looked at the next one. Looked challenging, but nothing outside of what they would (hopefully) be able to handle. "How bout this then?" Chrono offered, pointing to the 'Blast From the Past'.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Okay, so far so good, she was still going strong as far as Tinarah could tell, and her attacks were doing a good amount of damage. She smiled to herself knowing just how strong she could be. It was surprising herself even how well she was doing, how much stronger she had gotten. Perhaps it was because she had been focusing so much on how she looked that she missed all the other growth she had been doing, even in the short time since coming back. She was growing stronger, in her magic and in her will to fight. She wanted to grow stronger and now, more than ever had a reason to. That wasn't something that she should scoff at, it was something that Tinarah knew she could hold her head high about.

Using the encouragement the battle gave her, Tinarah pressed on, shooting another blast of ice at the darkside, twice in order to stagger it a bit before running in keyblade at the ready, letting the light off the keyblade slash into the heartless, filling her with a bit of energy. She could do t his. She would do this. With the familiar music floating in the air around her, it was all that she needed to remind her that Stamatis was with her in spirit, and Choma, and while she knew he wouldn't face, perhaps even Fost in a way. "Watch this uncle Fost. You might be scared to let yourself care for me, but I will prove to you what I can do. I won't let Stamatis get hurt again, or you!"

Tinarah used Blizzaga twice and then attacked

HP: 143/175
    MP: 78/96

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Take looked around at the three darksides and for a moment had a feeling that this was going to end badly. But at this rate he figured maybe if he could make it past this round it wouldn't be too bad. Thinking about all the magic lessons he was trying to get today, he decided to cast reflega as three barriers blocked each of the darksides and then he swung in to attack it with his keyblade

Take used Reflega then attacked

HP: 230/230
    MP: 18/30

9. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2018-12-7_13-5-4.png
    He laughed when Qamar mentioned a 'help mode' as a joke, after laughing he shook his head and said with a smile, "I don't mind anyone's help. You are just fine, don't worry." What he didn't expect was when she kissed his dragon friend. Kosmo blushed and giggled a little when Qamar kissed her nose and put her back on her shoulder and returned to her perched position. The dragon also agreed with the girl about this, she wanted the best for Lumen even if it was to face his own fears. When the girl then spoke about his world he thought about them and not letting them down, though the boy hoped it wouldn't take him this far. "Actually, my home is still thriving. It has yet to be touched by darkness. See the dragon elders have a special technical defense system that if the world is almost consumed, the elders have the ability to warp the world to a different location. Only down side is that they can only use it so much without running out of power, so if they aren't careful, the world will meet its demise with time." Lumen said with hope, wondering that his home is holding strong.

He was lost in thought for a couple moments when Qamar asked what his own Master like, and kindly answered to her while they walked,
    "I don't mind much really. Master Sanda... Was like a mother to me. My own mom died when I was a young boy, with my dad working so hard and my little sister just adopted, life was kinda hard. Especially with the Regnum Rouges out and about. When I was at my home in the hills of Ligna Forests, I was helping my dad with the farm. We did our best to stay away from cities as best as possible, towns were fine though, but that's about it. Anyway, my dad was chopping some wood while I was plowing the fields, then I hear my fathers voice calling for me. Setting my tools down, I ran out to the front of our cabin and I see someone with him. It was a woman in a cloak. She was talking to my dad about something, after that my dad walks to me and tells me that I have to go with her. I didn't understand why, then my father said I have a special gift in me; a gift that could help my homeworld. So I started to pack as many clothes as I could, tools I would need, my lute, scarf, and my lucky compass in case I got lost. Kosmo hopped on my shoulder after I exited the house, she has stuck by my side since I was born. After that, the woman opened a portal, and that was the last I ever saw of my old life. Through the portal we arrived in front of a castle, she then took off her hood to reveal she had shiny black hair and silver-like eyes. Introduced herself as Master Sanda. Then she taught me to wield a keyblade, fight, and how to help those who are in need." Sighing at the end, looking at Qamar then chuckled a little bit with shaking his head. "Sorry, didn't mean to drown you with my story." Lumen said, scratching the back of his head with his hand as he smiled at her.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  10. Vladek515 Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

Torrin seemed up for their fight, Illiana decided to come along as others formed into their own groups and went to their business, it seemed like it was going to be just the three of them which was fine by him really. Torrin selected one of the scenarios and he had been right there had been stuff in there that he hadn't heard off before. Boreas didn't particularly care too much that he had missed out on these battles and it wouldn't be a blast from the past for him. It amused him that one of the enemies was a willow tree. "So Torrin, you fought that tree before then?" Boreas asked, it was quite possible for it to have happened prior to him having linked up with the forces. "If it's a tree, we'll just burn it down to ashes." Boreas said following after Torrin as they started their training match, they were one person short for this and while he had his concerns Torrin being here might make up for the one person missing.

He stood to Torrin's right as the environment changed, he didn't recognise the place at all but the ruins told him enough this place had fallen. They had been surrounded by their enemies while a Darkside guarded the easiest way to break the encirclement. Boreas called on his blade in the glaive-guisarme form. "
    I'll set to culling the horde." Boreas said as he charged into the shadows carving a path through them they were no match for his blade as he carved a path through them, breaking the encirclement. He then switched to his repeater crossbow and cast fira, finishing off 4 more shadows and sending a bolt towards the darkside above.

Boreas used ATTACK and Fira targeting the Darkside once and 4 more shadows.​

11. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar listened carefully to Lumen desribe his world. To think it had such a system that it could teleport away from dangers. "That sounds quite useful." she said, blinking in surprise. Lumen continued on to describe his upbringing. How he came to meet his Master Sanda and how he had lost his own Mother when he was young. Qamar remembered her own Mother and started to feel sadness.

He apologized for drowining her with his story, but she shook her head. "No no, that's fine. It's interesting to know where your teammates come from. I hope you don't mind my exposition?" she started, stepping in front of him at the front door. "Sorry, I think it's fair to drown you in my own story." she smirked.

Qamar cleared her throat and began. "I don't know my birth father. My mother was kidnapped during her last few months of pregnancy with me. The man who fed and raised me claimed to be my father while keeping me locked away. My mother died when I was young. Poisoned, I think, but I can't be a hundred percent sure. All I know is that my father would give her things that I wasn't allowed to have. For a few years after that, my father began to train me to fight and made me go on 'secret' missions. I eventually fought back against him and...I managed to escape. That was when my Master, her name was Raka, had took me in. I'd say a few months later I was sent to the Council as the world we were on was destroyed. That was nearly 6 years ago now." she chuckled. "They taught me a lot and helped me grow. I love all of them." She looked to Lumen. "To be honest, I think Master Aster would be a good choice for you...she lost a student recently...so maybe you can help her. That's really the only Master I can think of that's good for you." she shrugged.

12. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]
    Aria looked over Chrono's shoulder to see the one that he picked out for the group. "Blast from the Past... What's a Grandmother Willow?" she asked to mostly herself. "Oh well, that one looks kind of fun. Let's get to it," she said to the group. She motioned for the others to follow her and then moved into the room they would be battling in. Five rounds, she hoped the newcomers were up to the challenge.

13. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2018-12-8_12-40-51.png
    He hummed a little bit while thinking, hearing that it was fine for Lumen to overtake on the conversation and listening to Qamar’s side of her story. “I’m sorry for you. You never asked for any of that, nor did anyone, nobody should go through something like that. Might I ask, where are you from?” The boy said with sincerity. Knowing the pain of losing his own mother, Qamar was now one of the few people he could understand and relate to. But he smiled again when he heard that others had helped the girl over the years, as did Kosmo when she saw him smiling brighter than ever. It’s been a while since she’s seen him smile like that, when they were back on his homeworld to be exact. Then something caught the teens interest; Master Aster. Qamar mentioned that the woman recently lost a student, and even help her? Lumen then asked the girl curiously, “Master Aster? She’s a member of the Council right? I don’t understand, how can I help her? I’m just new here and I haven’t even gotten my room yet.” If we’re getting rooms, the boy thought. Kosmo then climbed on top of Qamar’s head and laid down, drooping her tail and head as she just slowly moved her wings up and down with bliss.

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

That's right. Nobody should ever go through that, but it still happens. Thankfully she left out the gruesome part, but Qamar was still not sure if she had truly killed that man. She ran away and simply left him for dead. Shaking her head, she looked at Lumen and was asked where she was from. "Oh, right um..." she wasn't too sure how to put it since she doesn't remember Orphic Coast that much. "Well, it was almost always dark. But we could see in this darkness, so it didn't bother us that much. I remember a castle. The Night Sovereign probably lives there. Uh....my mother is buried in the town cemetery. My real father is somewhere on that world. There was a nice lady who would give me pie all the time..." she scratched her head. "Sorry, I never left my house except to do what I was told, and that was a long time ago. So I don't remember my world anymore."

Eventually, Kosmo was on Qamars head as Lumen asked about Master Aster. "Adalric was her previous student. He was killed by a student of the Light Chaser. She's still mourning but she's a wonderful woman."

15. Light-Rune Maven Seer

[​IMG]

Staring down her opponent from across the void, Chrys began preparing her magic. Holding her keyblade forward, she began to weave a saberga around it. However, rather than leave the spell as it was, she closed her eyes and looked within for something she intended to add to it. There was a light within her; A light that had been nurtured by her love of her brother and her hopes of finding him again, the friendships she had made, her determination to fulfill Chryssa's wish, and the mercy that she had shown so many times in the past, unwilling to hurt others when it wasn't necessary. She poured it into her blade to maximize it's potential... but that wasn't all. She also poured her darkness into it. Her hopelessness at losing the ones she loved and being unable to find them, the crushing sense of betrayal she had faced multiple times now, and the sense of ruthless determination that had begun to well up inside her, willing to do anything necessary to reach her goals. Indeed, the Light Chaser had caused the darkness he wished to destroy to grow immeasurably within her single handed. That wasn't relevant now, though.

She gathered the two powers in the palm of her hand, and they formed into a single orb. It was like a black hole contained ominously within an opulent pearl. With a single word she shoved the orb into her keyblade as she finished the spell.

"Ruin!"

With that, a aura similar to the orb wrapped itself around her keyblade, having combined with the saberga to greatly increase her attack strength. After that she cast a protectra, though she didn't add the augmentation. Perhaps that was a bit strange for her; normally she went to extremes to build her defenses as high as possible. However, in this situation she was facing down an enemy that she had faced in a much more powerful form. She had faith in her ability take a few hits from this lesser variant.

Her enchantments done, Chrys rushed towards the demon tower with a fierce battle cry.

Chrys casts Ruin Saberga, Protectra, and Attacked!

HP: 170/170
    MP: 36/56

16. Krowley Moderator

"I'm pretty sure 'Grandmother Willow' is that thing women get when they have dry skin due to old age... Y'know, like if someone's like; 'Wow, my skin sure is getting dry. Must be getting that Grandmother Willow," Enzo estimated in his best impression of an elderly women. "At least that's my take on it." He took a couple of swings with his keyblade into the air to try and reignite his feel for it. Not that he was necessarily fond of the fighting aspect, but anything to try and get more facetime with his new traveling companions. He felt it was best to try and play nice with everyone to keep the free food and lodging available to him.

17. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2018-12-9_21-22-7.png
    Kosmo was moving her tail slowly back and forth behind Qamar’s head as she listened to the two. She thought the two were cute together, being a little older than Lumen she knew this kind of thing that humans do. Interested enough the boy asked her, “Huh, well that seems kinda strange, it does sound interesting enough. I mean there are foggy areas in my world but this seems different. It’s ok, I don’t need to know every single detail.” Tapping his foot about Master Aster, and hearing about her student who she still mourns for seems like he could help her. “I’d be glad to be her student and hopefully help her.” He looked around in wonder and just thought to himself. Lumen never knew his life would take him here; a place where people train to fight a bigger foe. Sighing then turning his smile to a frown, the boy resulted into a saddened state for unknown reasons. Kosmo tilted her head at this as she saw him, so she made Qamar bring her attention to this in which maybe she can ask why.

18. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]

Qamar was thankful he didn't ask any more questions of Orphic Coast. Now wasn't the time to be letting off what kind of world it was, after all. Relaxing her arms, she put them behind her back and swayed a little, listening to Lumen. For a moment, they stood in silence, with Qamar gazing off into the horizon. She was brought back to reality when Kosmo patted her head with her tail. Qamar scrunched her face and looked up at the dragon. "What?" She asked, seeing Kosmo jerk her head towards Lumen. Looking over, she noticed the boy looked sad all of a sudden. A frown crept across Qamars face as her hand patted his shoulder. "Hey, sorry for making things grim. Though I get the feeling you're making that face for another reason, hm?" She asked, removing her hand. It also helped that Kosmo made her notice him.

19. Rinzler Destiny Islands Resident

upload_2018-12-10_12-17-12.png
    Being lost in thought Qamar’s new friend felt a little tug on his heart. But he didn’t know why, and then he figured it out. Chuckling at the insignificant thought he had, Lumen brought his attention back to Qamar and Kosmo. “Your right. It’s just... I kinda also came out here to find freedom, not just for my homeworld and every world, but for me as well. However... there must always be rules to keep things in balance. Even though I’m now here, we’re given deeds to make sure we don’t do something wrong. But I’ve always been a freelancer, I explore, learn, practice, and understand the things around me.” The boy spoke wisely and truthfully. He then walked over to a ledge that was near the front of the castle, Kosmo looked at him sorrowfully. She knew about his mother, but this was different. All that Lumen wants is one thing only; is to be free. Lifting his head to the girl, he continued on, “That’s... another reason why I ran off. A simulation will only do you so much in the end, I understand that you could do, train, and use the simulation how you want. But then it starts to mess with your head. Thinking what is part of reality and what’s not. Me? I like to train in the real world, where I’m not bound to the laws of a machine and free to make my own actions and mistakes.” When talking, Lumen remembered a he used to sing back on his homeworld. So he pulled out his lute and started to play a tune and sang with a sweet voice.

“Deep in the Dark, I felt the fire flicker
    Ignite the flame and give us light
    My Cursed mark and hollow heart grow sicker
    Out of the shadow cometh light

Kill me I'd like to see you try
    You take my life I fail to die the fires fade
    Now close your eyes
    And sing my undead lullaby
    The night will fall and swallow light
    To fill my dark hollow inside
    And yet my death is all but nigh
    Sing my undead lullaby

Keep the fire bright I can see your breath
    As the cold creeps in you are beyond death
    Take a leap of faith unless you're scared to try
    Now brace yourself for me and prepare to die

In a barren land where the dead will walk and the dragons fly
    Blood across the sand good intentions crumble as the demons rise
    Welcome to my own hell a place I know well there's nothing like
    Hope you came prepared because this is where Angels come to die

Bloodstains of the fallen
    Plague this trail you're walking
    A warning to be harkened
    He eyes of fate are always watching
    A desecrated grave forgotten
    A seed of evil in the garden
    Now rise up from your coffin
    Submit your self unto the darkness

Darkness is falling
    Grim reapers calling
    Shadows are coming to life
    I must rekindle the embers that dwindle
    From ashes and cinder will I rise”

Lumen sighed and then looked up at Qamar with a faint smile, Kosmo purred next to the girl to the song. He waited for her reaction, hopefully it was good.

OOC: Song Lumen Sings

20. Arch Mana Knight

Tinarah was struck by the Darkside's fist as it sent her flying back through a nearby window and crashing onto a table of a restaurant she now found herself lying in.

• Tinarah dealt 146 Damage!

Tinarah took 21 Damage!

Darkside
      HP: 315 / 700

• Tinarah's Info
      HP: 123/175
      MP: 78/96

"Fought a tree before? Nah. What kind of weirdo would fight a tree? It can't even move!" Torrin chuckled at the thought. "Whatever. When we get to it, we can chop it down or burn it. I don't care either way." Torrin looked at the Shadows that surrounded them and decided to take a moment to take care of the small Heartless instead of the large one looming over them. Darkness surrounded his right fist and his eyes flashed gold. In a flurry of cuts from his keyblade and strikes from his hand the Shadows were shredded by his power.

Torrin attacked and Dodge Rolled.

The Darkside fired orbs of darkness from its chest as the Shadows clawed at the group. Torrin managed to roll out of the way of the Darkside's attack but was still caught by the straw claw of a Shadow.

• Torrin dealt 2 Damage!
      Boreas dealt 60 Damage!

Torrin took 5 Damage!
      Illiana took 27 Damage!
      Boreas took 21 Damage!

4 Shadows (2 HP)

Darkside
      HP: 638 / 700

• Torrin's Info
      HP: 125/130
      MP: 40/40
      FOC: 73/75

• Boreas's Info
      HP: 129/150
      MP: 22/31
      FOC: 35/35

• Illiana's Info
      HP: 58/85
      MP: 42/42
      FOC: 30/30

Take's magical barrier only served to slow the assault of the Darksides as the three Heartless slammed their fists against it, ignoring the explosion of magic that damaged them as the shock wave from their combined attacks knocked the boy off his feet.

• Take dealt 96 Damage!

Take took 32 Damage! MP Rage activated!

Darkside 1
      HP: 649 / 700

Darkside 2
      HP: 678 / 700

Darkside 3
      HP: 678 / 700

• Takehiko's Info
      HP: 198/230
      MP: 29/30

The Demon Tower sped towards Chrys and crashed through the girl, knocking her over as the Shadows clawed the girl in a rush of darkness.

• Chrys dealt 65 Damage!

Chrys took 21 Damage! MP Haste activated!

Demon Tower
      HP: 835 / 900

ATK: 12
      DEF: 4
      BREAK GAUGE: 10 / 80%

• Chrysanthemum's Info
      HP: 149/170
      MP: 44/56