Kingdom Hearts: Kingdom Hearts: Light Chaser

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Arch, Mar 25, 2017.

1. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take heard the little meow but his first real response to it happened when he saw the little black cat on his leg, digging in. Take didn't really wince he just shifted for a moment to place Atmos down somewhere safe and comfortable before ducking down, "Nini? Where's Mika?" he reached his hand out to try and pet the cat, knowing it might not accept it. He tilted his head and said, "Does she need help?" Take stood up and said, "I don't know if Nini'll take me there. She has a mind of her own... but my gut tells me she needs help..." Take looked at Torrin and asked, "Did you want to stay here and look after Atmos?" he didn't know if he was still healing. Take knew he had to go look though, and was trying to hide how concerned he actually was.

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

"I got hit pretty hard," Aria replied as she held her ground and stood with her keyblade in hand. She felt like she didn't have enough fight in her left, but she was going to give it all she got. She jumped at the monster, slashing it with all of her might.

LVL: 2
    HP: 12/20
    AP: 0/10

3. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    [​IMG]
    Illiana never did explicitly thank him for healing her; but the implication was enough for Glyde to run with. If he had to be honest with himself, he would have been hard pressed to say those two words outright himself. Confirming with her approving nod, he nodded himself as if to say 'don't mention it.' He then turned away. Backtracking a short distance, he checked on the alley from which he had come in the expectation of additional danger. Assured that the road was clear, he caught up to Illiana as she neared the edge of the main street.

"The alleys are starting to annoy me. What about you Glynnie?"

“It’s… Glyde, actually.” He glared sullenly out from the alley, through what seemed a thicker audience of shoppers than he had left moments earlier. Absorbing the hectic commotion before him, he swallowed back what might have exited him as a gag-reflex. “Somehow,” he spoke dryly, “I feel like I’d be more at home the alleys... with the Heartless…”

4. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana looked around the streets as the citizens started to come out of their houses, one-by-one. As if to pull her away from her thoughts, Glyde called out to Illiana. "It's......Glyde, actually." Illiana kept looking over at the streets before responding to the boy. "Alright......Then let's get going Glyddie" Illiana immediately started walking off toward the townspeople, as she walked off, she saw Glyde looking a little sullen. The girl sighed for a moment before facing the sullen Glyde. Her left arm dropped to her side before landing on her hip. She opened up to speak, "Enough with the sob festival. You can have pity time after we're done taking care of these minuscule heartless. Let's get going." As cold as she sounded, Illiana was trying to take his mind off of things. It was as if she was dealing with her younger brother back when they were little. Illiana walked up to Glyde before taking his hand and dragging him toward the streets. Honestly, it's as if I'm dealing with my little brother back when we were kids. Luckily, I remember how I dealt with you back then, huh Little Brother? Illiana continued to drag Glyde as more and more townspeople were walking out.

5. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

Darkside: 64/160 HP
    The Darkside was staggered as it was forced back by the two girls' attacks. It began to lean back until it looked as if it was about to fall until right on its heart-shaped hole in its chest energy began to coalesce into a dark sphere. It fired out once it was large enough and struck Aria. Another dark energy orb formed and fired again striking Chrys.

Aria was hit for 10 Damage (2/20HP)
    Chrys was hit for 13 Damage (59/100HP)

Meanwhile, with Tinarah...

The Light Chaser silently watched as the girl squirmed and panicked over the situation she found herself in, choosing to let her wear herself out first and calm down. He took a long moment of silence to allow the girl's mind to settle before he finally began to answer her barrage of questions in a warm and calm tone. "I know the names of all of your companions. You could say I've kept an eye on all of you for some time now. Fresh students are always interesting. As a teacher, it always nice to see the effects of new knowledge being learned can have on a young mind." He brought a hand up to scratch his chin, his gloved hand fading into the void underneath his hood. "Your friends are back at Atlantis. Safe and unharmed. You will see them again, don't worry. I brought you here to speak with you. I'd prefer to wait for the others to arrive before telling you what I wish to say but if you have any other questions, you may ask them now. I won't answer everything you have but go ahead and try your luck. You might find the knowledge I have to share illuminating."

[​IMG]

"Master told me not to intervene "too much" in the affairs of this world." Dentro held up his hands to do the air quotes as he said it. "You don't have that kind of restriction though, do you? So I figured I'd give you a heads up and let you decide how you wanted to go about it." He shrugged and placed his fists on his hips as he eyed Chrono, his tone filled with a strong sense of confidence in an almost condescending way. He motioned with his head in the direction Chrono should head. "By having this little chat I'm sure they're getting a move on with their plans. Said something about an energy source."

Kida's eyes widened and an instant later, once it seemed to process in Milo's mind, his did as well. "No! They can't take it!"

"That energy source is what's keeping the Atlanteans alive. If they take it then..." Milo's voice trailed off. "You can't let that happen!" He looked towards Chrono desperately.

"Like I said, keyblader. Chop chop!"

[​IMG]

Torrin stared down at the cat, a knot forming in his stomach. In some way he knew what had happened and did not want to have it set in stone by being there to observe. Mika had been his responsibility once. "Leave her here. I'll look after her while you follow the cat." A good enough excuse since Take already suggested it. He raised a hand, his palm facing upwards and summoned a flame to his hand to test where his magic was in terms of coming back to his full control. The flame was orange and small. His last battle had left a lasting effect on him and of course being here did not help make his healing go any faster. The flame disappeared as he closed his hand into a fist.

"My power isn't at one hundred percent yet. The more I exert myself the longer it'll take for me to get back in the action. I'm sure you can handle this from here. You're strong enough. Go. We'll be fine." But Mika? He couldn't say the same about her. As much as he tried not to show his distress his voice had become colder upon seeing that cat arrive here alone.

With the Heartless beginning to clear more and more people began to appear on the streets. The dark-feeling atmosphere that weighed on Atlantis began to lift. Then there were screams along the main street as a group, lead by a man in in a military uniform with a blonde woman by his side pushed their way through the citizens while armed with firearms. They began to head towards the King's Chambers, forcing their way past the guards as they were knocked out or threatened to back down. The group passed by Glyde and Illiana without giving them a single glance as they rushed forth.

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    The silence stretched on for what seemed too long as Tinarah tried to curl up slightly tighter, although the bench only allowed so much room to until she risked pushing herself off of it. She closed her eyes as she lay there almost like she hoped to open them and realize it was all just a dream. That was not the case as after that stretch of silence The Light Chaser began to speak, answering her questions to some extent. He didn't really explain the full extent of why she was there, which bothered Tinarah the most. He had said he wanted to talk to her about something, but didn't specify what, instead wanting to wait until the others got there, but what others? Who else was coming? Was more of her friends, was her brother being brought here as well? Or did he perhaps have students that he was waiting to arrive, like that boy who brought her here? The man had said that he was a teacher after all, it wasn't completely out there to believe that he had students to teach. Besides the people they talked to mentioned multiple people in black cloaks, so he must have had some sort of following.

While the man might have been offering to answer any questions that Tinarah had, she couldn't bring herself to form any questions. Tears stung her eyes as she looked down at her scared wrists, pulling back her sleeves so that she could see the marks on her wrist better. Usually she hated the sight of the scars, she still did actually, it was reminding her about how weak and helpless she was, how horribly things could go very fast, even if someone seemed nice at first. From all that she could tell this man did seem nice, but Choma seemed to not trust him, and Tinarah trusted Choma so it left her dreading what this man was planning, how bad it would be.

Unreasonably scared quiet sobs escaped her lips as she rubbed her left wrist as she cried, she couldn't help but think of the bad experiences. Her mind couldn't relax, couldn't think positively. Too much bad, too many problems, and too much fear. For so long the fear had been crushing, but she thought that she was getting over it. Perhaps it was going slow but she had thought that it was going somewhere. The mess she was in now however said otherwise. Perhaps she had just managed to push the fear down, hide it, not overcome it. It was crippling, she couldn't speak or think of a way to get out of it, she was helpless and waiting to be saved... again. But what if no one came to save her? What if...
    no... mom....

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take looked back over at Nini for a moment before looking at Torrin a moment. He took a deep breath and quickly summoned out his keyblade. More at the ready in case anything was up with Mika, but before he actually did leave he raised his keyblade up and threw cure on Torrin. Take didn't exactly need to do that, but he figured if anything big was going on, he'd rather help Torrin out while he still could. Take didn't look back before he ran out of the house to follow Nini. He hoped Mika was okay, but a part of him was reminded of when his brother went missing, and when he ran out searching when he was younger to find nothing. Take hoped that wasn't the case, but it was what he expected. And Take expected the worse, hoping for the best.

Take followed Nini to the docks and he slowed down a little and looked around. The water looked as if it was getting rougher, like a hurricane was approaching out at sea. Waves splashed over onto the docks and Take backed up a bit just to make sure he wasn't washed off. He saw Nini hop up on one of the poles, looking out at the harbor and meowing sadly out towards it. Take tried to get closer, trying to look out. But he noticed a guard towards the boats. The boy assumed that was the best person to go to at this moment and as he walked closer, he saw the guard grabbing a blue violin out of a boat. There was no mistaking the bright blue violin, and Take started running over, as the water splashed up. Take got sprayed by a harsh wave as he yelled,
    "Hey!" Take was trying to be calm but seeing only Tinarah's violin worried him even more, "The violin. That belongs to a friend of mine. She's about yay high." Take motioned towards around where his nipples would theoretically be, and he said, "Was she around? And a red haired girl?" Take's voice didn't sound calm at all as another wave splashed up and he asked, "Where are they if you have seen them?"

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

Aria was running out of energy already and was kicking herself in the head for it. She swore she trained hard with Master Choma, but it seemed as if it wasn't paying off too well. She was hit hard, again, and swore she saw stars on that hit. Well this was annoying. At this rate, she was probably going to be dead again, and she wouldn't be much use then. Staggering and struggling to lift her keyblade, she cast a green glow on herself and then prepared for the final blow. "I'm okay," she panted out as she blew some lose hair from her eyes. "Just finish it already," she said to Chrys as she braced herself to defend with what little she had left.

LVL: 2
    Healed for 10HP
    HP: 12/20
    AP: 0/10

9. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

The longer that Chrono listened to Dentro speak, the less he knew how to feel about him. He did have a point with what he was telling him, it was the way that he was saying it that irked Chrono. While he may have had no idea what Dentro meant when he mentioned and 'energy source', both Milo and Princess Kida certainly did and were not happy to hear that at all. The brief summary that Milo had given him was plenty to pass on the severity of the situation to Chrono, plus with how everyone was looking at him expectantly. His hands were pretty much tied, leaving him with only one real option to do. "Alright, I'll see if there's anything I can do to stop them." He then turned towards Dentro. "If you saw them earlier, then you can lead us to them." In actuality he probably could've found his way there using the directions that he was given, but until he felt a little bit more certain about Dentro, Chrono wanted to keep an eye on him.

10. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

As expected the girl continued to panic and so the Light Chaser rose to his feet to walk over towards Tinarah. "Scars fade." He said upon seeing the cuts on the wrist the girl was rubbing. He knelt beside her and it was only at this distance that Tinarah would have been able to see even the slightest detail of his face. None of his features could have been described as "broad" and the man was clean shaven. As for anything further than that, it was a mystery given the darkness the hood cast over his face. "But what if I told you I can help those scars heal instead?"

He held his hand over Tinarah's wrist and rather than the typical green glow of a cure spell a golden radiance shone down from his hand and onto Tinarah's wrist. In seconds the scars that were there on her left hand were gone leaving no trace of ever having existed. "I don't just mean getting rid of old flesh wounds either. I am referring to those scars which cannot be seen. I have students of my own who follow me for that very reason. They seek to reclaim which they have lost. Things or, rather, people that no other master would dare help them recover."

The Docks

The guard looked at Take with a solemn gaze. "I was the one who ferried the boat which the young one used. When she was fighting the monsters she was knocked unconscious. She fought well but when I tried saving her...I...I was too weak. I was defeated." He looked down in shame. "We only survived due to the brave young woman's sacrifice. The red haired girl you mentioned. If not for her we both would be dead. I am sorry." He held out the violin for Take to hold on to.

"I handed the young one to a brown-haired boy who wielded a weapon like her. He looked a few years older than you. Well groomed and with green eyes. He was very concerned with her well-being." The guard looked at the waves, seeing that the gentle calm of the water had been disturbed. His brow furrowed intently at the waters.

[​IMG]

"What? Don't know the way? Alright. Just keep up, kid. Wouldn't want you falling behind." Dentro snickered as he turned and ran ahead leaving the trio to follow after him. As they neared the city they could hear shouts of both anger and fear in the distance. They passed an injured guard rubbing the back of his head and looking down at a broken spear on their way. A few civilians ran back to their homes regretting having come back out when they thought the monsters were all gone.

"Not good." Dentro spoke, dropping his earlier tone to adopt a more serious one. In the far distance they could see figures moving up a hill and towards the King's Chambers. The other outsiders had at least a solid minute or two of a head start by now. They would not make it in time to intercept them but there was no other option than to keep following. On their way they passed by both Illiana and Glyde. Dentro did not even turn to face the two as he ran forth.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Take's face immediately looked pained when he said Mika was... gone. Take took the violin but wasn't looking at it as much as he was staring at the waters. Trying to cope with what the guard just said. Take closed his eyes a bit and words suddenly hit his mind and melted those emotions away.

Good soldiers put their feelings last.
    Good soldiers put their feelings last...

"Good soldiers put their feelings last." Take whispered to himself, under his breath, with finality as he let his mourning fade.

But as his mind came back, and the weight of the violin in his hands could be felt. Take realized something about the guards story. He looked at the guard and said,
    "I... don't know anyone like that. No one in our group looks like that." the boy's face went back into it's usual serious spot. He stood up straighter and asked firmly, "Where did you see the man go?"

The guard seemed to point in one direction, towards an alley as he said in a saddened tone,
    "I know I saw him head there..." and Take nodded and quickly ran off the docks saying, "Come on Nini." but Nini wasn't moving. Take stopped and turned around and rolled his eyes, running up to the cat and picking them up and said, "Mika wouldn't want you this sad. Come on, we gotta find Tinarah." and he placed the cat on his shoulder and the cat gripped it enough for him to run without losing the cat.

Once he got to the alley, he realized quickly it was a dead end. There was nowhere to climb up easily, at least not with a person, and no door ways or windows to sneak into. Takehiko realized at this point whoever this was, they ported away with Tinarah. The boy sighed in frustration and whispered,
    "I'm gonna have to find the others and tell Chrono..."

12. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Chrono felt a chill, a chill that had momentarily distracted him from the growing desire to hit to Dentro. He hadn't even known the guy all that long and he was already really starting to get to him. As for the chill he had felt, it was a fleeting feeling and in the time he had experienced it, he was only able to wonder why he'd felt that. Maybe I'm just overthinking thing. When they had gotten to the city the situation that awaited them matched the reactions that Milo and Princess Kida had before.

The sight of the injured guards and fleeing civilians prompted Chrono to speed up while still staying behind Dentro. There was no way to know just how far away from the rest of the outsiders they were and he hoped they were close enough to prevent any other damage from being done. Upon passing Glyde and Illiana, Chrono briefly slowed his pace. Long enough for them to see him as well as his motioning for them to follow him before speaking back up once again.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Tinarah wasn't inclined to turn and face the man as he walked over to her. It seemed that he had noticed her wrists as he commented on them. It wasn't that Tinarah was trying to hide it at this point, but she had thought with the way that she was laying, it would have been harder to notice. She shifted a bit as he spoke of her scars. While many did fade, they never seemed to go away completely, they still remained to remind her of her mistakes and shortcomings. He wasn't done talking however, mentioning how he could help heal them instead. It struck Tinarah as interesting enough that she rolled over and actually looked towards the man for a moment, waiting to hear what else he had to say. It had been attempted, even with magic the scars on her wrists had not gone away, so instead she was forced to cover them up.

The man reached out for her, and Tinarah instinctively pulled away, however even holding her wrist to her chest he reached out, and without touching her, started to use some sort of magic. Tinarah took note that it wasn't the typical colour she expected for healing magic, however what he was doing didn't hurt her either. When he pulled his hand away, Tinarah looked down at the wrist that she had been holding. Removing her other hand she took a closer look to realize that there was no trace of the scaring to be found there. Sitting up she continued to look at her wrist in amazement, expecting at least a small sign of what had been there before. She prodded at the skin to see if there were any parts that were still tender, from what had been guessed to be damaged or torn tissue. And yet nothing remained.

The Light Chaser continued talking, continued mentioning that he could heal more than just the flesh wounds. That was something Tinarah questioned a little bit. He spoke of reclaiming things, people.
    "What do you mean by that?" She tried to ask him. "You say that they could recover people... but what do you mean? Who are you bring back, how are you recovering them? What happened to them?" Tinarah seemed to be stuck on the fact that he was recovering a person instead of the fact that he was commenting on healing those wounds she could not be seen. Perhaps she needed some of that healing, she really did need that healing, but she wanted to know what he meant. Could he bring back her mom? Did she even want to see her mom be brought back. Tinarah didn't know if she could face her mother if she was around again. She felt like she wasn't anything that her mom could be proud of. She felt she had fallen so far, she was so weak and scared while her mom was outgoing and adventurous. She wouldn't even be able to face her again.

14. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana stopped in her tracks as she heard the cries of the citizens not too far away from her. The girl looked over and saw two people followed by what seems to be their team pushing the Atlanteans out of their way with what appeared to be firearms. She spoke up toward Glyde, "So much for exploring town...." She sighed before speaking again, "Come on, we got some pesky intruders to deal with." Before Illiana could take another step, another man ran right past her, followed by Chrono. Signaling to follow, Chrono nodded his head to the two. Illiana closed her umbrella and followed the strange man and Chrono. "This is getting way too ridiculous, even for my standards...But I can't say I'm not surprised." Illiana caught up to Chrono and the strange man. She called out to Chrono, "So Mr.Time, who's the stranger? Someone you know?" Illiana continued to move towards the throne room.

15. Light-Rune Maven Seer

"Right." Aria was taking a severe beating, and while Chrys had the means to keep her going for awhile longer, the younger girl was right. She had the means to end this here and now, so there was absolutely no reason why she shouldn't. With a quick nod to her partner, Chrys ran towards the Darkside. With a leap and a slash, Chrys performed a blitz attack and the opponent reeled back.

"That should do it!"

LVL: 40
    HP: 59/100
    AP: 0/54(+10)

16. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

The girl asked smart questions but nothing he was not already prepared for. He took a seat by her on the bench and stared onward watching as black smoke from the defeated Darkside rose above the town's skyline. He clasped his hands together and remained silent for a moment to take in the view of Eventide. Calm as ever. It was such a shame that it had sustained any amount of damage when the darkness came but at least he had preserved it. Once everything was clear he would be able to return it to its spot in the stars.

"Some, like you, have lost family. Some to darkness, some to other circumstances. Others have lost their homes. It is not a guarantee but I believe it is possible, under the right circumstances, to bring back what was lost. Even if my work leads to nothing being brought back my goals will still lead to the erasure of darkness, both from the worlds and from the hearts of all. Even if your mother does not return to you, you will never have to spend another day wondering if the darkness in another's heart will cause someone else you care for to be taken from you. Death may be inevitable but there is no need for it to be caused by darkness."

Meanwhile, with Aria and Chrys...

The Darkside fell backwards with the combined force of the two attacks and before it hit the ground it began to disappear into thick wisps of black smoke and by the time it would have hit the ground the Darkside completely vanished leaving a large heart to float up and disappear from sight. The Darkside had been defeated. Any sense of darkness that was in the area had vanished with the Heartless's demise. Aria and Chrys were free to celebrate their victory and return back towards the Light Chaser.

Aria has gained 2 Levels. Post in the OOC Thread to choose your two stat boosts!

The Docks

Nini meowed loudly at Take and turned around to run out of the alley, leading him in the same direction as Chrono, Illiana, Glyde, and the others.

[​IMG]

"Just up ahead..."

There was an explosion that echoed in the distance. Smoke rose from the entrance to the king's chambers. The heavy doors had been blown down in a forced entry. A column of smoke could be seen from any point in the city at the top of the hill where the king resided. Milo and Kida, fearing what was transpiring picked up their pace and took the lead sprinting ahead of Dentro.

Upon entering the chambers the man leading the group of soldiers was standing over the elderly King Nedakh who had been thrown off of his stone throne and was struggling to get up. "Rourke what are you doing!?" Milo shouted, shocked that the others contracted into the expedition had gone along with this plan of action.

"Get away from him!" Kida angrily shouted but when Rourke aimed his gun at her father's head she shut her mouth, her eyes filled with anger towards the man who had attacked her father.

"It's nothing personal. We just can't leave empty handed."
    Rourke spoke calmly as if this was nothing out of the ordinary, like as if he had done nothing more than accidentally bump into someone.

17. Maka Albarn It's called love

Aria couldn't believe her eyes. That huge dark monster was taken down between just the two of them. Although as she looked over at Chrys, she knew she had a long ways to go. Chrys probably could have taken that beast on all by herself with her skills and experiences, which gave Aria a peek into how much she had to work towards to be even considered good. It was sort of disheartening, but at the same time she was glad the bad guy, or not so bad, Mister Light Chaser found her and showed her what needed to be done.

"You're really good," Aria mentioned to Chrys after catching her breath. She unsummoned her keyblade and gave the girl a small smile and a thumbs up. "Thanks for saving my butt with your awesomeness~" She then looked back over her shoulder to where they left the Light Chaser and the other kids and then shrugged her shoulders. "I guess this means we report back?" Aria rubbed the back of her head and then headed towards where they had come from.

As they approached, Aria saw the Light Chaser and then noticed a new person sitting casually on a bench. She blinked when familiarity washed over her mind when her eyes landed on the smaller figure next to him. "No way... is it...?" Aria looked over to Chrys as many questions flooded her at once, but then she peered back at the pair, focusing on the girl.

"Tinarah!" She called out with a big grin on her face as tears of happiness came to her eyes. The bubbly, semi-beatened and tired girl broke out into a run, wanting to reach her as quick as she could. Even though the Light Chaser tried to assure Aria that everything would be alright, she couldn't help but to think she was lost forever in this world and would never see any of her friends again.

Tinarah was shy and quiet, but that didn't stop Aria from loving her all the same as she did with everyone she came in contact with. She did her best to make friends with this timid girl, gifting her with bracelets and tiaras made out of twigs and various flowers, trying to offer cookies she made, or listening in on her violin playing once in a while. Aria didn't know why Tinarah was here, but boy was she grateful to see her.

18. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

Illiana continued to run toward the throne room before noticing Take and what appeared to Mika's cat, Nini? But where was Mika? Illiana called out to the approaching boy and the cat, "How nice of you to join us Tacky. Wait, what's Mr. Snuffers doing here with you? Wait where's Mika Mika?" Illiana threw out all her questions all at once at Take. She immediately spoke once more, "Actually, tell me later! Some pesky bugs are heading for the throne room and I'm already losing my patience." With that, Illiana ran on ahead of Take and Nini but not before an explosion rang out through the area. Illiana picked up the pace as she ran into the the king's chamber to see a man point his gun toward the king's forehead. She came to a full stop as she watched the scene before her unfold. Illiana sighed as she picked up her umbrella once more. She took another step forward and then began to start pacing around the room. "Alright. Let's see here, we got the classic hostage situation with what appears to be another cliche rodent holding a gun. And let me assume you're only doing this for money, am I correct? Actually don't even speak." Illiana stopped before looking at the man and speaking once more. "This is really testing my patience and quite frankly..." Illiana's face had immediately went cold as the end of her lips curved downward, eyebrows slightly furrowed. She was ready to punch someone almost immediately. "I have no patience to even deal with anymore of your antics you disgusting bug!!" Illiana closed her umbrella before slamming the end of it into the ground with both hands.

19. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Shortly after Dentro had spoken, there was an explosion up ahead and a very grim sight waiting for them in the King's Chamber room. A group of soldiers and the king himself thrown off of his throne. The tension in the air grew when the gun was placed to the kings head. "So to avoid leaving 'empty handed' you plan to kill the king and leave with their energy source. Why not just take a rock or something?" To accent his point, he pointed towards some of the debris that littered the ground around them.

20. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    [​IMG]
    “I-I’d really rather not…” Glyde stammered out an attempt to assuage Illiana’s frustration; an attempt which was destined to fall upon deaf ears. Not expecting such forcefulness, he was ripped forward as she led him by the arm like an unruly dog on a short leash. For the greater part of the minutes that followed, weaving uncomfortably through crowds by Illiana’s guiding pull. All the while, he contemplated in vein on ways in which he might be able to free his wrist from her hand without it seeming as though he was resisting. With no such avenue available to his knowledge, he conceding to his submitted state, and quickened his pace as best he could, both keeping up with Illiana and easing the feeling of having his arm ripped out of his shoulder.

Their halt along the market street came as just as much of a shock. Once more, Glyde found himself unprepared, and this time, stumbled to a stop just behind his handler. The reason for this sudden stop became evident in his peripheral: a platoon of soldiers not of Atlantis, with a wealth of firearms at hand, marched down the middle of the street, viciously parting a terrified audience, silencing anyone, citizen or soldier, that attempted to intercept their course towards the King’s throne room. With a churning in his stomach, Glyde quickly took advantage of Illiana’s temporary transfixion, and wriggled out of her grip.

In liberty, and now with some sense of purpose, he followed suit with Illiana as she ran in the wake of the soldiers. More of their companions and yet another stranger joined ranks with them in the process. Glyde spoke to no one prior to entering the throne room, focused solely on the road before him, and the soldiers that marched on ahead. An explosion in front of their group gave cause for an increased pace, and Glyde, wide-eyed and mouth agape, burst through the smoke and into the throne room alongside the others.

The scene on the other side was about as bad as he could have imagined: the King, dethroned and lying on the floor; the commander of the soldier’s standing over him; around the room, men with guns held in check the spear-wielding guard of the palace.

Illiana, as Glyde had almost completely expected, was the first to make retort to the commander’s remarks. She’s gonna get herself, or someone else killed with that talk, he thought, internally rolling his eyes. For all of the bluster though, his companions had, thus far, accomplished little more than chiding criticism on the man. They needed a little more assurance than just words… he didn’t look the sort of person that words alone could deter. That’s where a thought struck the young Kyebearer. He wasn’t certain it would work, and the thought of it backfiring on him almost put him off the idea… but as it stood, the soldiers all had gun; Glyde had a Keyblade that resembled a gun.

With as much subtlety as the venture allowed itself, Glyde summoned his Keyblade, which he held, for now, down at his side. Perhaps simply having it present would command a more amicable proceeding? He’d know for sure once it was realized he was wielding his weapon. He could only pray and hope that the soldiers and their leader took the bait for what it was meant to be. True, he had no spells up his sleeve for it, but only the other apprentices had an iota of knowledge of that fact. So long as they play along.