Kingdom Hearts III Trailer

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Rho, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

First, I have no direct link to the trailer. I did not have any form of recording with me.

My friend goes to this club at school everyday at lunch. I sometimes go there out of boredom. It's pretty much a gaming, anime, etc. club.

So, yesterday, I walked in at the start and saw an adult hooking something up near the overhead projector. I asked my friend if he knew what was going on, and he said "Oh, (student's name removed)'s cousin works for the game company Square Enix, and he's showing us a trailer today."
    Interested, I stayed. Thinking it could be Kingdom Hearts-related, I got out a notebook and a pen. My friend luckily knows Japanese, since he's going to Japan this summer.

The guy turns off the lights and says "I'm not supposed to be showing you this trailer. This is for Kingdom Hearts III. This has to remain a secret, otherwise I could get fired."

He then began playing it.

The cutscene graphics looked about the same as they were in KH2.
    It starts off with Japanese text, reading that infamous like "There is no coincidence in fate."

A brief clip of Ansem and Aqua in the Dark Realm plays.

The scene then cuts to Sora with Riku and Kairi at the shore of Destiny Islands.
    Kairi says "You are positive about this?", to which Sora and Riku reply "Yes."
    Kairi then says she's going with them.

A brief scene then flashes of Riku vanishing, and Kairi running off.

Then we're shown Sora reuniting with Donald and Goofy. No dialogue.

Ominous music plays, and we see someone in an Org.XIII coat emerge in Twilight Town, and they walk up to a character that looks a lot like Riku, and does that name-generator thing Xemnas did with Roxas at the end of the 358/2 Days intro.
    Then we're introduced to a new character. Ixruk.

The hooded person then takes off the hood to reveal that they are Xion. She has those gold-ish eyes now, which I believe signify being evil. She then says "Come with me."

She is then seen with Ixruk, walking up to what looked like Braig, Dilan, Aeleus, and someone I couldn't identify. She then says "We can soon create the Organization anew."

"Be My Last" by Utada Hikaru then begins to play, with what appeared to be clips from the intro playing. One of which was a version of that scene from the KH1 intro with Kairi and Sora looking up at the sky at the shore of Destiny Islands, seeing a meteor shower or whatever, only this time it was Xion and Roxas.

Sora is seen walking in Twilight Town with Donald and Goofy, and they encounter Pence, Hayner, and Olette. Hayner then says "Rematch?"

Also in Twilight Town, someone who looks a lot like Demyx (I presume his "somebody") is shown sitting in the forest playing guitar briefly.

It then cuts to Sora and co. approaching a new building, and someone looking a lot like Larxene (Again, I presume it's her somebody) is then seen.

We're in Hollow Bastion all of a sudden. Even is seen talking to Sora. My friend could translate him as saying "They're trapped. You need to guide them to the door to light."

Cloud is then seen next to Neku and Shiki from The World Ends with You, and he says something about Zack. Tifa then puts her hand on his shoulder in sympathy.

A heartless is seen about to surprise-attack Sora, and a character that looks like Maka from Soul Eater then attacks the heartless.

An older Lea and Isa walk past Sora and co. Lea stops and says "I can't help but think I know that guy.."

Gameplay time! Most of it went by too fast for me to make a lot of it out. I know I noticed the graphics are pretty much the same (maybe slightly improved), and I noticed only these:
    -What appeared to be standard Heartless fighting. It looked like it was in Agrabah.
    -A Kraken boss battle, on a pirate ship, blatantly Port Royal. The reaction command button was a circle with an "A" in the middle, so it looks like SE and Disney took the wise path and put it on the Wii. The PS3 doesn't have a button like that, neither does the 360, but the Wii certainly does.
    -Fighting the Omnidroid from The Incredibles. Oh hell yeah.

Back to cutscenes.

Port Royal time. This time, Sora and co. have pirate costume changes. And let me tell you..THEY WERE AWESOME. Literally, they actually made Sora look badass.

..Dwayne Johnson? He says something like "We'll help you. After all, you've helped us." I can only presume this is a Witch Mountain world.

Hollow Bastion again. Guy that looks like Luxord, he says something about challenging Sora. Guy that looks like Marluxia, no dialogue.

Toy Story world. Buzz approaches Sora and asks him "Are you a hero as well?"

Ixruk is fighting Sora, seemingly in Land of Dragons. Ixruk says "You're as weak as I remember." Sora gets a look of confusion on his face.

Stitch jumps onto Sora's head in a friendly matter. Lilo then laughs. Hawaii world, it looks like.

Oh god, this one I loved when my friend translated it. Edna Mode, with Sora. This. line.
    "This is a HOBO KEYBLADE!"

We then cut to a scene that appears to be either in a new original world, or in TWTNW. Sora and Aqua confront each other. Aqua yells "VANITAS, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY." and attacks Sora. You think you've seen Sora get his ass kicked before? HA.
    Mickey then runs up and says "Aqua. That is Sora."
    Aqua has a look of surprise on her face.

Ansem's voice says some stuff my friend couldn't comprehend, with various clips, including an EXTREMELY brief one that appeared to be Sora and Aqua fighting Evil Xion.

At the very end, I heard him say something like "Sloof Lirpa.." with a shot of Ixruk's face, and it cut to the logo, then "2011". I have no idea what "Sloof Lirpa" means. If anyone knows Japanese well enough to be able to translate romanized Japanese, that'd be awesome.

The guy then just answered a couple brief questions.

Q: Are those all the worlds?
    A: No, there are several more, both old and new, including a world based off of Princess and the Frog.

Q: How long has it been being made?
    A: Square Enix Japan began production sometime in 2008. We at Square Enix North America just recently were given this trailer.

He then said he had to go and once again told us not to spread this... but screw him. He can't tell me what to do, this is America.

If somehow you haven't figured it out, this is indeed an April Fools topic. If you do not know what April Fools is, I believe you have either been living under a rock or you recently quit being amish.

2. key dragon One with the keyblade

I KNEW Riku had a nobody.

Darn it why is Xion evil? I blame Vanitas.

Well I suppose I understand why Aqua is attacking Sora. What the heck are Neku and Shiki doing here?

3. Twilight Blaze Merlin's Housekeeper

Why are Neku and Shiki here? Maybe there doing some sort of Square enix double mix with Disney. Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if it's Eri-Shiki.

That would be pretty cool if that was real. Nice one!

4. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

7/10 May read again. Could be better.

5. Zeonark Kingdom Keeper

Thank god I'm using the Old Skin.

The second I saw Ixruk, I knew this was fake.

6. Arch Mana Knight

This should go in the spam section. April Fools joke obviously. Riku never became a heartless. Nice try though. If you had recorded it, which you should have if it was real, then it'd be believable.

7. Mike Chaser

Yea, guys...
    It's just an April Fools joke.

8. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

The gray text that didn't blend so well at the bottom gives it away.

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This. But this was interesting, nonetheless.

Would've been better if you didn't say it was a prank at all.

10. key dragon One with the keyblade

I still think Aqua will attack Sora once she sees him.

11. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Bit confused as to why you didn't move it to Spam then. >>

Moved.

12. Shadow55551 Destiny Islands Resident

Wait a second. Even though it is fake Riku can technically have a Heartless. Since he did get sent to the world of the heartless and he was killed by Sora and so he could have a Nobody. Of course I should have realized that it was a joke when I saw that it said Evil Xion.

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

He didn't get killed and he didn't lose his heart.

I think we should have kept this in the BBS section since it is April Fool's.

14. Shadow55551 Destiny Islands Resident

*Shrugs* Maybe that was my imagination at work. Anyways I also need to learn that I am not an expert in Kingdom Hearst since I just started playing back in 2008.

15. Nathaniel Twilight Town Denizen

"Sloof lirpa"... Nice try. :D