Kingdom Hearts III Kingdom Hearts III Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Korra, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

Yeah...that source you heard it from was unreliable then. Nomura has said it several times that he'd want to keep Sora as the main character. He even states that Sora is his favorite character. XD The story started off with Sora and it's only fitting for him to see it through until the very end. In any case, we still have a long way to go until KH3 is released. Versus XIII has to come out first since that's the team that'll make KH3. << Anyways...

Anyone think that the Mysterious Figure won't be so "Mysterious" after KH3D or KH3?

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Nomura has openly stated that KHIII won't be the end of the series.
    It'll only be the end of the Xehanort Saga.

Meaning, MX, Ansem and Xemnas will be obsolete after KHIII.

3. AMRES Destiny Islands Resident

I had the feeling that the series would all end at Kingdom Hearts 3 but it won't. :D

And isn't Dream Drop Distance supposed to be the final chapter of the Xehanort saga?

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

No.

In the secret ending of Coded, Yen Sid tells Mickey that Xehanort will return, and that Riku and Sora need to be tested for the Mark of Mastery.

3D covers their exam, and KHIII itself will cover Xehanort's return (whether it's in the form of Terranort or MX, what happens to Terra, that sort of thing)

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I definitely think that we're going to find out who the Mysterious Figure is; if not in Dream Drop Distance, then in Kingdom Hearts III.

Hopefully by the end of Kingdom Hearts III, all of the loose ends that we've been presented with up until now will be tied up.

6. Llave Superless Moderator

He could be a part of the MX saga, and that would sound logical... but knowing Nomura (and being a manga artist- i need to think like this as well...) the MF may be the foreshadow of a new saga. But that's just my opinion.

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I doubt he'd introduce a new saga before KHIII even came into development.

MF is tied into the Xehanort saga in so many ways.
    • He wears the Org. XIII cloak which was originally MX's
    • He uses Xemnas's Ethereal Blades
    • He fights like Xemnas

If nothing else, he has definite ties to Org XIII.

8. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

No, he uses two light swords with handles that resemble clock hands. Even the Keyblade you get for beating him looks like a clock. He has some kind of Time motif, something Xehanort/Xemnas has never shown us.

9. Sonic Toadstool Merlin's Housekeeper

Since that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if MF has the power to travel through time and is actually from the future (maybe KHIII's time) and has comeback to test the power of Terra, Aqua, and Ven. Or maybe he came back to gather data from them to help him fight against Sora in the future or something?

10. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Time traveling in Kingdom Hearts . . . ? I don't know . . . Even for the series, it seems a little far fetched. In the universe of Kingdom Hearts, I don't think the Mysterious Figure time traveling would be the case, I want to think that they are someone we've already been introduced to.

11. Sonic Toadstool Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, I've always guessed MF to be Young Xehanort, we've kinda been introduced to him already and I have a feeling we'll see him in KHIII so why not disguise him as an unknown boss in BBS? But technically we have done the time traveling concept before in KHII when Sora, Donald, and Goofy went back in time to the Timeless River to prevent Maleficent from taking over Disney Castle.

12. Llave Superless Moderator

That isn't a given argument. There are cases as to others wearing "the coat" while not being in the Organization. (Micky, Riku, and MX when he dumps Ven on Destiny Island at the beginning of BBS.)

Those aren't Xemnas' ethereal blades, i haven't seen that color nor style before. (Trust me, i looked through all his variations of blades in Days, they aren't his.)

Fight like Xemnas? Not entirely. Xemnas performs more side spinning and upside down maneuvers. Whereas the MF has more chops and simultaneous blade slashing front flips.

(Sorry, i just realized i sound mean. I'm not, just stating things...)

He doesn't appear through a corridor of darkness, but almost appears through some sort of temporal flux. For all we know, could be from the past, present, or future. Such a speculation could be supported through his weapons, and the keyblade you get from him: They both resemble clock hands in some sort of way.

I wouldn't say he is someone that we already know, it doesn't add up. All i am saying is that he could be a new antagonist outside the Xehanort Saga because it would be a smooth transition, and it wouldn't hit us hard in the face when the bad guy is completely new. If it were the MF, there would be some sort of nostalgic and easier welcoming of him as the new enemy because he "have history" with him.

I'm just trying to see this from a creator's perspective i suppose...

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Two things about the Mysterious Figure:

a.) Nomura has explicitly stated (somewhere) that MF is someone we're familiar with.
    b.) Nomura, again, has explicity stated that MF is a time traveler.

No room for argument. B|

14. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Sounds familiar, but can we get a source on this?

I guess I was wrong./sadface

15. Llave Superless Moderator

As much as i would like to agree on that, a source for your information would be necessary to prove otherwise.

I was thinking if there would be any new trinity moves and such in KHIII.... I wonder if they will spice those up.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

Just had a mindrape.
    In RE: Coded it was said Sora needs to AWAKEN memories.
    In BBS it said people needed to be reborn through birth by SLEEP
    Next coming game? DREAM DROP DISTANCE!! I'm thinking Riku and Sora must fight and defeat the Xemnas and Xehanort of their memories to unlock the memories hidden within. THEN in KH3, something can be done ABOUT the memories.

Mindrape indeed...

17. Llave Superless Moderator

I haven't thought about it that meticulously, but that is true. The question is; what are those memories? the Secrets of the Keyblade war maybe?

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

That would be my best guess.

While we're on the subject, while not obvious, I think that there are hints Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II regarding the whole "memories" thing, if you concentrate long enough on the subject.

19. Llave Superless Moderator

lol...

I wonder how the gameplay will be; having not only Sora, but Aqua, Terra, Ven, Xion, and Roxas have also been playable characters in the past games. (Namine isn't, she's just an artistic introvert drawing pictures of Sora hahaa!)

20. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

i dont remember, when was Xion a playable character? she was in you party in Days but...
    also, i think that Riku should be on the list, due to ReCom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.