Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

No, I don't have the knowledge or time to help unfortunatly. But you should take a chill pill and stop asking every other post. Just wait till they've done some progress. Okay?

2. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I know it's a bit off topic but I'm glad, Wheel of Time, that you posted. I've seen you reading the thread many times and was starting to wonder when you'd join the conversation. And yes, I will still be translating the game whenever a working tool gets made. I'm happy to do it.

3. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

No problem lol ^^
    I really like this project and if I find some spare time I could help with the translation (I don't know any japanese but there's plenty of translations online) to save some time ^^ But for now we'll have to wait ^^

4. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Well, I'll post what I have at the moment.
    This tool is capable of extracting and decompressing all files in the IDX list, with names if they're known.
    I even got some of the files used by PSBBN, such as this: jkt_001.png (Can't tell if there's more, it gives me some error in Japanese :eek: )

There's still about 600 @noname files; Still accepting help with this! (See spoiler at http://kh-vids.net/threads/kingdom-...ure-thinking-sorry.121896/page-8#post-4044590)

Edit: --Removed old program, see newer post--

5. Wheel of Time Time forever preserved in memory.

Great work craaazycaaaatz00 ^^

When it comes to finding those names; do you need to run the game and then go to different locations and stuff?

6. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

When running that cheat code, yep. Basically I hooked the game's hash function, so whenever it tries to hash a file name, I print that name then let it hash. My hook's probably not in a very good spot of memory, but that's another story.... (And it's just a temporary code for testing, so doesn't matter much.)
    That also means if a file is only loaded once in the game, and can't be done at will (riku\ansem battle, turning into a heartless, Disney Castle cutscenes, etc), I have to make a new game and play through it. (Wish this game had a theater mode... lol)
    ---
    Also, I haven't figured out if the game actually uses kingdom.img atm. It's a 1.11 GB file, and I know it's what's installed on the PS2 HDD if you have a capable unit. But I'm not sure if the game uses it from disk too, as when booting to title screen it hashes the name twice.
    I'll probably NULL out the whole file and try playing, see what it does, sometime. :p

7. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

What about the command menu? Is it hashed in every room or something? Or journal entries/passive abilities like Scan? I'm very interested.[DOUBLEPOST=1366042940][/DOUBLEPOST]What about the command menu? Is it hashed in every room or something? Or journal entries/passive abilities like Scan? I'm very interested.[DOUBLEPOST=1366043443][/DOUBLEPOST]What about the command menu? Is it hashed in every room or something? Or journal entries/passive abilities like Scan? I'm very interested.

8. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Hey . Why did u post this 3. Times ?

9. gledson999 Destiny Islands Resident

Very well Crazycatz00 you tool are awesome, you helped me very much on the Kingdom Heart II, but the

KH1-Extractor.zip you pretend make insert files tools for Kingdom heart Final Mix+, if yes i'll translate this in the future thanks

10. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I posted it 3 times on accident because I have to use my 3ds when my boyfriend is on the computer and after I press the 'submit reply' button the 3ds doesn't reload the page to see that the post had been made.

11. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

A
    ah ok . Can I try and help with this translation ?

12. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

I don't think those are, Square tends to be pretty decent about reusing resources that are (always) the same.

As for text, my guess is they're in the per-world .img files.

This tool doesn't insert files yet, but I plan on making one to do that soon.

Edit 1:
    Ha-ha! I can edit the font! ^^ My tools for working with the system font in KH2FM work perfectly on this game's sysfont.bin.
    For the people translating, should the English KH1 font work fine?
    Final Mix: sys.png English: sys-ENG.png
    I'm assuming one side is for menus and the other is for subtitles (KH2 worked this way); they're also slightly different if you overlay the sides in an image editor.

13. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Try it and see if it works

14. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Well, the game took it. I'm getting mis-aligned font issues, but nothing's crashing. I'll see if I can align the font today.

BTW, if there are any symbols you want (such as for a name) in the FM font but not in the English one, tell me; I'll add it in.

15. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

No
    No I am fine . As long as everything is translated into English . I will be happy to make a video and post it on my channel

16. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

The original font should work fine. If anything it's ideal. :D

I'm not sure what symbols we could need added. It's nice to have the option to at least. This is fantastic news.

17. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

I
    can't wait to play this game in English[DOUBLEPOST=1366076777][/DOUBLEPOST]KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX IN ENGLISH HECK YA

18. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

I can't wait either, been years since I've actually even played the first properly; and I'm glad to have a part in this project. ^^

Ok, so I got the English font aligned to the proper grid, and all seems well.
    New Font.png (Memory editing, no idea what file this is in.)
    I kept everything in the same order as the normal English font as best as I could, so if we're lucky we could just copy+paste most text strings from Eng KH1.

After I get compression working for the main IMG file, I'll port a string mapper I made for KH2 over (It will be similar to this).

19. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

Sweet . I want to help . But I have no idea how to do this . Lol . Can h give me the patch when it done ?

20. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

Of course. I'll release the font, the new file-replacing tool (when I get the compression), and an updated extractor-tool.