KHV's Valentine's Day Dance: Completed!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Lauriam, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Oh were we supposed to post here?

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah but it wasn't super important and not everyone did it anyway so whatever. XD And eeeeeh your theme is so pretty ^.^

3. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Oops. This is me posting here :P

4. Jin うごかないで

Same

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, competitors, time's up!

Let's see how they did, hmm? Please
    click the links to both members of each team in order to view their profiles and see the themes they came up with, and then vote for your top three favorites!

Heart ❤ and Calxiyn
    (Notes: These two have customized their
    Member Statuses and Usertitles to match! In addition, Calxiyn's signature is a gif!)

Maka Albarn and Vladek515
    (Notes: This couple has put
    rotating images in their signature, so depending on which plays when you view their pages, you might see up to four different images! In addition, they've also both set their locations to 'Death City,' the home of the characters they're masquerading as, and have changed their occupations, as well! Maka has also changed her usertitle to a quote from the character, and has already been named after Maka from Soul Eater for years, lol, though as a regular member, Vladek515 was unable to sync that part, through no fault of his own)

Midnight Star and Fearless
    (Notes: Due to an unfortunately timed bad illness, Fearless was unable to sync her profile. :( This isn't an automatic disqualification, and Middy's profile is so gosh darn cute that you can imagine what the rest of it would be like lol. In fact, I've seen what Fearless's images would have been, and gosh you guys they're so cute. XD So... If you want to, you can still vote for this theme, and maybe they'll have better luck in the next round, and Fearless will sync her profile in a day or two once she starts feeling able.)

CrownMoksha and LadyAzura
    (Notes: This couple has customized their
    Member Statuses to match!)

Swordsman_John and Jin
    (Notes: idk about you guys but those
    profile pics make me grin they're just so adorable) ^.^

GarrettFinch and tamale
    (Notes: Despite their
    HUGE signatures, lol, this couple definitely wins 'funniest theme.' XD Seriously, everyone's been dying at this. XD Also, this couple has changed their Locations, occupations and Member Statuses to match!)

Zimmy and Arch
    (Notes: Not only did this couple use graphics that were so adorable, they became
    my personal favorite theme this time, but they also changed their Member Statuses, Usertitles, Occupations, locations, AND NAMES to match! If anything, they definitely win "tried the hardest!" XD

cstar✰ and Aelin
    (Notes: Scroll down on Cstar's page lol, she's got a lot of stuff there before it shows her signature. XD Also, this couple put
    gifs in their signature, so watch for a second to get the full thing! And finally, although they didn't technically change their Usertitles to match their theme, these two are already such a great couple that their Usertitles have matched each other for ages.) XD

Now then! Everyone vote for your top three favorites! Voting closes on February 7th at 6PM EST, and the two couples with the least amount of votes will be eliminated!

Participants in the contest
    ARE allowed to vote, just not for your own themes, obviously. XD

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

using the gay ice skaters against me is just playing dirty >:'I [clicks vote]

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

Pffffff. XD

8. Aelin Best Waifu

Hey it is perfectly legal. Dirty maybe but legal.

Everyone's profiles look great. Best of luck to you all! Appreciate the Dark Cloud, it is an amazing game.

9. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I just started watching Yuri on Ice and I feel so attacked

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I dump money into KHUX and I FEEL MORE ATTACKED THAN CAL.

"Maximillion" LOL gg @Marushi

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Lol look I was tired okay xD

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Deadline for voting is tomorrow, everyone! If you haven't already voted, now's the time!

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry lol. XD I was a bad host and got distracted with other things, and forgot about my poor dance here. XD Okay then! Results time!

Challenge One has been completed and the couples eliminated from this round have been determined through popular vote! Let's take a look at the results, hmm?
    KHV Dance Round 1 Poll 2018.png

@Heart ❤ and @Calxiyn
    @Swordsman_John and @Jin

I'm sorry to say you have been
    eliminated. :( Although you provided good themes that brought smiles to our faces, someone has to go and the viewers chose you. You'll have your Participants Pins awarded as soon as possible, and hey, try again next year! It was great having you, and feel free to join us in the After Party thread to comment on the rest of the action!

@Maka Albarn and @Vladek515
    @Midnight Star and @Fearless
    @CrownMoksha and @LadyAzura
    @GarrettFinch and @tamale
    @Monica and @Maximilian
    @cstar✰ and @Aelin

On to Round Two! This round is the
    Questionnaire challenge, where couples will be tested on how well they know their partners!

Rules:
    Copy and paste the following questionnaire twice in a Private Message - just between you and me, mind you, not with your partner - and choose one of the multiple choice answers. The first copy is for you - pick each answer that represents YOU the best. The second copy is what you think your partner would have picked.

This challenge isn't decided by vote, but rather, the questionnaires will be
    graded, and the two couples who got the least amount of correct answers will be eliminated!

Please, couples,
    no cheating! This is all fun and games, alright? DO NOT talk to your partner about the questionnaire; fill it out honestly, and just hope for the best, okay?

All questionnaires are due at
    6PM EST on February 10th, so get to answering!

1. Pick a color:
    1. Red
    2. Yellow
    3. Chartreuse
    4. Black
    2. Pick an animal:
    1. Dog
    2. Cat
    3. Penguin
    4. Tribble
    3. Pick a character:
    1. Sora
    2. Ventus
    3. Roxas
    4. Xion
    5. THEY’RE ALL THE SAME
    4. Pick a Vacation Destination:
    1. Island Getaway
    2. Mountain Resort
    3. Big City
    4. Jungle Safari
    5. Pick an item:
    1. Sword
    2. Shield
    3. Staff
    6. Pick a dessert:
    1. Chocolate cake
    2. Tiramisu
    3. M&M’s
    4. Froyo
    7. Pick a nonsense word that best describes you/your partner:
    1. Ziggleborfic
    2. Hanarthian
    3. Rhetambulous
    4. Chasmithored
    8. Pick a genre:
    1. Metal
    2. Electronica
    3. Country
    4. K-Pop
    9. Pick a side:
    1. Star Wars
    2. Star Trek
    3. Doctor Who
    4. Sci-fi sucks
    10. Pick a romantic gift you would give your partner:
    1. Flowers
    2. Chocolates
    3. Promises you don’t intend to keep
    4. Anime body pillow

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  14. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

QUICK CHANGE EVERYONE I'M SORRY.

By popular request, Question 10's "Sofa" has been changed to "Anime body pillow" lol XD If you have already started to compile your questions, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please give that a change.

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

BUCKLE IN, EVERYONE, we've got some shocking results to Round 2 and boy, are they a doozy! I don't understand it myself, folks, but somehow the tables have completely turned! Here are the scores from everyone's responses; to clarify, these are the times each couple correctly guessed the answer their partner chose:

CrownMoksha and LadyAzura take the lead with a score of 14 out of a possible 20
    GarrettFinch
    and tamale take second, with a score of 13 out of a possible 20
    Midnight Star
    and Fearless, along with Cstar and Aelin, tie in third place with a score of 9 out of a possible 20
    Maka Albarn
    and Vladek515 come in next. A problem with formatting caused Vladek515 to accidentally leave an answer blank, but when I got his message and gave him the chance to fill it out, he informed me that he and Maka had discussed their answers after they both had submitted, so he was unable to fill it in afterwards. For his honesty and integrity, I decided to add a .5 score to their results, ending with them scoring an 8.5 out of a possible 20
    And Zimmy and Arch take up the rear with a score of 8 out of a possible 20

The Master sheet: Click if you want to see everyone's answers!

This competition
    really is anyone's game. @Maka Albarn and @Vladek515 , who were by far the lead couple in the Cutesy Couples theme, and Zimmy (@Monica )and Arch (@Maximilian ), who had the lead for a good while and ended up tying in second place, have both been eliminated. I'm sorry, guys, but it was wonderful having you and I loved both of your couples themes, and Zimmy, you made me laugh so hard with your Questionnaire responses. Better luck next time, I'll get your Participant's Pins to you shortly. Feel free to join us in the After Party thread and continue to participate by judging the rest of the couples AHEM I mean, supporting the rest of the couples, heh.

Now then, onto the third and final challenge!

You four couples are moving on to the third and final challenge:
    The Valentine's Day Dance! You are required to work together and produce a Creative Project that somehow incorporates the two of you at the dance in question. This can be a drawing, a short story, a love song duet sung by the two of you, or, if you want, it could even be an AMV. Any sort of creative project will count; if you have an idea for something I didn't list, feel free to message me and ask if it's okay, and we'll see. If you REALLY want to seal the deal, or if you can't decide on a single project to work on together and would rather mix-and-match doing one part each, you can do any mix of the project ideas for a super project! Once you've finished your project, send it to me in a PM, and after the deadline, I'll post all the projects here. The viewers will vote for the one they like best, and the two couples with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. The two remaining couples will both receive the I Will Survive pin, and will be entered into a poll for the viewers to select which of you they think should be named Power Couple of the Year!

Your project can either feature
    you yourselves, or the characters you picked for your first challenge, or heck, even new characters if you wish. All KHV rules regarding content apply.

You have until 6PM EST, on February 14th, so best of luck to you, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

ATTENTION ALL.

I have to work late tomorrow, so deadline is extended to 9PM EST. An extra 3 hours for you all, use it wisely!

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright everyone, let's take a look at all the projects our couples have turned in!

First, the celebrity couple, @Aelin and @cstar✰ ! A couple of people have made guesses as to what they might do. Two people (one being me lol) thought they'd go with an AMV, while another person thought they might record a song. So, what did they do?

AN AMV! Haha, I win! XD They also both provided statements:

Aelin: As for how this represents Cstar and I at the dance. Well you see. It was made in spurratic bursts, late at night while we were falling asleep. It is a mess and mash of things that shouldn't work, but kinda work, but you aren't sure if they really work, but you go with it anyways and just accept it. (Except MoK, he questions it heavily.) It is insane and more complicated to work out than it appears and you just have to take our word for it and trust that we actually know what we are doing and what we are talking about, but you aren't quite sure you do. Now take all that nonsense and put it into a video with a pairing that isn't a thing, but sorta is a thing and doesn't work but at the same time can sort of work. And there is how that fits in.

Cstar: Pickles!~

After that, @Midnight Star and @Fearless brought us a story about the dance!
    Their story

Next we've got @CrownMoksha and @LadyAzura, who worked together to make a banner!
    lyfdPvo.png

And finally, we have @tamale and @GarrettFinch , who brought us another story!
    Rose looked at herself in her apartment’s bathroom mirror, adjusting her freshly-ironed pink skirt. Okay, Rose, you’ve got this! she told herself. You’ve got a big meeting today. The boss finally noticed you and wants to hear your ideas! Don’t chicken out! Be confident! Be smart!

The alarm on her phone rang and she quickly shut it off. She clenched her fists and stared her reflection in the eye. “Time to show them what I can do!” she said.

When she arrived at the Square Enix North American Headquarters—ten minutes early! Success!—and strode through the doors, she froze, and her can-do, will-do attitude almost completely evaporated. Standing in the lobby, chatting with the receptionist, was the boss himself. Mr. Square Enix!

He heard her come in through the door and turned to look at her—or at least, she assumed so; it was always hard to tell with him having the Square Enix logo where anyone else would have, you know, a head. “Rose! There you are!” he said jovially. “And early, too! I always love a good go-getter!” He reached for her hand, and she extended it automatically, still in a panic-induced stupor. “Well, I’m here, you’re here, whaddya say we head up to my board room and get this meeting started now?”

“N-now?” Rose asked, shriller than she intended. “I, uh.” She forced a laugh. “You know, I haven’t even had my coffee yet!”

“You already look pretty wired to me,” Mr. Square Enix noted with a chuckle. “But there is a machine up in the board room if you want to use it!”

Stupid, stupid Rose! she berated herself. Breathe! Relax! You can do this!

When they arrived at the board room, another one of the company higher-ups was already there. “Oh! Mr. Jewels!” she said.

“How ya doin’, kid?” he said, his voice relaxed, but his expression inscrutable—since he didn’t have one, on account of the giant Jewel that was his head. This company is...really weird. “Go ahead, take whatever seat you like.”

“Uh, thank you,” she said, looking at the large table, then sitting at the chair nearest the door—no, don’t want to look eager to leave!—then stood, and moved one chair over. Mr. Jewels and Mr. Square Enix had a brief, whispered conversation on the other side of the table, then turned to her.

“Well, Rose,” Mr. Square Enix said. “I’ve heard you have some great ideas on how to make this company even more money!”

“Through Kingdom Hearts Union X,” Mr. Jewels confirmed.

“I must say, I’m quite excited to hear what you’ve got.” Mr. Square Enix folded his hands on the table in front of him, leaning in.

Breeeeathe! “I... Well, I’m excited to share them!” When Mr. Square Enix gestured for her to go ahead, she took a deep breath. “Sir—sirs—we have a lot of user engagement on the game’s official Twitter account. I was thinking we could make use of that and...well...just ask the players what they want from the game. What banners they’re interested in.”

Mr. Square Enix looked taken aback for a moment, then started to laugh. “Ah, I see! That’s very clever, Rose! Ask them what they want, but then give them something close, but not quite it! Very clever.”

...Rose blinked. “Uh. I mean...no offense, sir, but won’t that just alienate the base?”

“We don’t exactly make money by being people’s friends,” Mr. Jewels scoffed, sharing a glance with Mr. Square Enix.

“I...see.”

Mr. Square Enix snapped his fingers. “Could you be a dear, Rose? Mr. Jewels and I have some company things we want to discuss. Can you do some research on the Twitter community for us, then come back in half an hour?”

Rose felt dread creeping up her spine. She blew it. “Not a problem at all, sir!” she said, pretending everything was fine. She stood abruptly, and almost knocked her chair over with a small “Eep!” She coughed, righted the chair, and awkwardly left the room.

Half an hour later, she stood in front of the door, and moved to knock meekly, but stopped herself short. No! Be confident! She took a deep breath, and gave the door a few quick raps. “Come in!” Mr. Square Enix called.

She entered, phone in hand. Hands. She was very nervous. “What do you have for us, Rose?” Mr. Jewels asked.

“Well... I went and looked through the replies to our Tweets from the past week.” She held out her phone. “It seems what people want most is the copy medal banner Japan got a few months ago.”

[​IMG]

Mr. Square Enix stroked...where his chin would be, she guessed. “Very interesting. Well, we had some research of our own done, and we reached about the same conclusion.”

Rose perked up. “Really?”

“Of course!” Mr. Square Enix laughed. “It’s quite silly of them, isn’t it?” At his side, Mr. Jewels hooted. “Thank you for your assistance, Rose. Truly. We’ll send you the info for tonight’s Tweet this evening. That will be all.”

Rose was absently chewing on a Pocky stick that evening, checking over a spreadsheet when her email alert pinged. She glanced at the notification: it was from Mr. Square Enix! She immediately clicked to open the email...and just as immediately drooped over in her chair, the Pocky falling from her gaping mouth.

“Get KH II Naminé within 5 draws from this new Medal Deal, starting tonight @ midnight (PT)! Special for this campaign, you could get a Boosted copy of this Medal with 2,000 more base STR/DEF and 4 trait slots! Don't miss out on this powerful Tier 7 copy Medal! #KHUX”

[​IMG]

She shook her head. This was...not what she’d wanted. This was not what anyone had really wanted. But could she really be upset if she was finally getting noticed for her work?

And there we go, all four entries! The
    poll's going up, so check 'em all out and then vote for the one you liked best! The poll closes at 9PM EST on February 18th, and the two winners will have the chance to win Power Couple of the year!

18. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Aaaand, TIME'S UP, FOLKS! Let's see what we've got, hmm?

Untitled.png

The votes are in and the winner's of Challenge Three have been decided!

@GarrettFinch and @tamale , we loved having you with us this year! Your Couples Profile had all of us rolling on the floor, and the shock of your Questionnaire results were the talk of the town. And then you brought it all home with the third challenge, giving us all the humor we were expecting and carrying your joke-theme through to the end. Your dedication and humor earned you four votes, but that's unfortunately not enough, and your journey ends here.

@CrownMoksha and @LadyAzura , again, we loved having you here. Your profiles were adorable and you scored higher than anyone else in the Questionnaire, but with both of you falling ill just in time for the final challenge, luck just didn't favor you this year. Your co-made banner is wonderful anyway, though, and earned you four votes. I hope to see you both again next year!

Your
    Participant's Pins will be awarded shortly, and feel free to join us in the After Party Thread for commentary, as we move to...

The
    Popular Vote stage!

@cstar and @Aelin , and @Midnight Star and @Fearless , you have survived all three challenges! Congratulations! You'll all be given the
    I Will Survive pin shortly. Your part in the Dance is now over... But we still haven't named the KHV Power Couple of the Year! A final poll will be posted in the After Party Thread, for all the viewers and your former competitors to vote for which of you two couples they feel truly deserves the coveted title. But either way, it was great having you participate in this, the first ever KHV Valentine's Day Dance! I hope you all enjoyed it, I know I certainly did! <3

And so it ends...
    Valentine's Dance Logo.png