Justice Avengers: Heroes United!

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevalier Crystal Princess

[​IMG]
    Thor was quite uneasy. Infinity Stones kept appearing. Not only in the previous forms she'd encountered, but also the tesseract and now Vision also had one in his possesion.

She heard Superman giving orders, which she did not take well to. She was an Avenger but only due to circumstance. She would only take orders should she deem them reasonable. At the time, she felt that being beside Vision would be the best course of action.

None of them spoke of the infinity stones much, or what it could mean. Did they not understand the gravity of those stones?

It was all wrong! Almost as if someone was bringing all this chaos. All this destruction. And it all lead back to those stones. She opted not to mention anything at the moment, regardless of how much it bothered her. She could probably look into the matter once Ultron was dealt with.

"Let us be clear. I am merely offering my aid to protect people. But I will not be taking orders from you or anyone for much longer. My goal is Ultron." She directed herself at Superman in a friendly tone. But there was a slight hint of sterness and finality in it.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Ranger VI chuckled. "Why don't you try it and see? Maybe I'll give your weapons back, too," he replied, grabbing his Blade Blaster from the hilt and aiming at Canary between the bars. "It'd be that easy, wouldn't it? Pull the trigger. Bang. Just like that," beneath his helmet, his eyes narrowed, "but it wouldn't mean anything, would it? Killing you is pointless, but beating you?" He pulled his weapon back, spinning the gun and placing it on a table, along with his Dragon Dagger. "Do you even understand that? Or is that concept foreign to an assassin?" The contempt in his voice was intentional. The green Power Ranger placed his gloved hands on the Dragon Shield over his torso, each hand over a breast. There was a bright glow as the golden bands over his biceps and the Dragon Shield disappeared. His Ranger powers gave him enhanced strength, stamina, durability, and speed, but his Shield made him even stronger and that just wasn't fair. "So here's the deal, Tweety Bird," he placed a hand on a steel bar from her cell, gripped it tight, and used his enhanced strength to lift the door and open it. "You want to get out of here?" He quickly stepped in and closed it behind him as one of Ultron's bodies closed in to observe. "Earn it!" He lunged forward, his left fist aimed at Canary's head.

[​IMG]
    Grayson scowled at Superman and Quicksilver leaving, but then nodded towards Batman. "Thanks, but I'm not headed there just yet. Boss man's got one more errand for me, but I'll meet you there." He looked at Raven and Daredevil, silently hoping that they would be as useful as he planned. "There's a plane for everyone on the roof. Pilot's name is Ketch; he'll take you to Sokovia and he'll find Canary. Don't be reckless. The ride's a flying fortress able to take on a small army with a communications and intelligence system that's completely off the grid so Ultron won't detect you coming. It can break the sound barrier two times over and it comes with a nice little camouflage mode that could fool Superman." He grinned to his 'partner' as he started to walk out, "We call it the Invisible Jet. Try not to crash it." And with that, he left to take the Batmobile for one more spin.

Simply nodding in agreement to the plan, Vision started to float towards the ceiling. He stopped to look at Iron Man, "I believe you should be the one to confront Ultron. He's waiting for you. He hates you the most." With that quip, he floated through the ceiling on his way to the plane, not bothering to explain that he could move through solid objects.

"Wait, what? He can phas-you know what, never mind," Cyclops felt a headache coming on, but pushed it back. He said nothing about Quicksilver's departure --Pietro was worried more about Wanda than anything and that was his whole reason for "assisting" the X-Men-- but hoped the speedster wouldn't be more of a hindrance than help. Silently agreeing with Superman's and Batman's plan, Cyclops signaled for the X-Men to follow the Justice Avengers to the "Invisible Jet." Suddenly, he stopped and decided to take leadership. "Jean, I want you to use your powers and make the Sokovians evacuate the city. I know Professor X told you to never use your powers to force anyone to do anything, but we need them out of the city as soon as possible. Then I want you to help her," he motioned to Raven (and wondered if she was a mutant), "get into Wanda's head and take her out of the battle." He then looked at Gambit and Rogue, but added nothing. They should know what he was thinking: they were there to protect mutantkind and, aside from Scarlet Witch, there was another mutant matter to take care of: a clone of someone close to them.

------
    "Yeah, got it. Thanks for the heads-up, Dick," the young woman said, a hint of something in her voice as she hung up on her fellow SHIELD agent. She -along with a squad of SHIELD volunteers- were in the cargobay of a Quinjet, heavily armed and en route to the X-Institute. X-Force, SHIELD's mutant division, were busy fighting a group of "Ultronified Sentinels" at a Hydra base (what was Hydra doing with Sentinels? That's new) and the main X-Men were scattered either helping the Justice Avengers or protecting mutants elsewhere from Ultron. Unfortunately, a few of Ultron's Sentinels managed to slip away, locate the X-Institute (a secret known only to a few SHIELD agents out of X-Force and the X-Men) and were headed there for, well, bad stuff. With everyone's numbers spread thin, it was up to volunteers to help the X-Men defend their students. Agent Grayson let her know the Flash was on his way to help, too. Dialing a number she shouldn't have known, the female SHIELD agent called directly into Flash's commlink, "Flash? This is you, right? The Scarlet Speedster and the fastest man alive, well one of them? This is SHIELD plane 6-1-6. Just letting you know we're on our way to the X-Institute to give you a hand. Situation is that the Sentinels aren't there yet, but they're close. Students are in a bunker since the big X-hitters are out and about so it'll be up to you and us to keep them safe, capiche?"

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  3. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

He was nearing supersonic speeds, he could feel it. Just as he was about to break the barrier, he heard a voice through his commlink, one that he didn't recognize. Blinking in surprise, he put his hand up to it to respond.

"Uhh, yeah, this is Flash." He listened, and was glad to hear that he wasn't going to be alone in his mission. He may be fast, but at this point, he knew teamwork was just as important as his speed. "Uh-huh, capiche, comprende, and all of that stuff! Just...one question. How'd you connect to my commlink?"

4. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Canary tensed when the gun's barrel pointed directly at her. She could dodge one, maybe two shots, but in this tiny cell? She wouldn't last more then five minutes. She nearly sighed with relief when the gun was placed on the table, her focus going back to his words. Beating me? Oh shit. She backed up a step when Ranger VI opened the door with his strength, and stepped inside. Her best attributes were her agility and her speed. In this small room, neither would provide much help. "Earn it!" She felt the rush of air pass her cheek as she tilted to the side, the punch barely missing her. Following the flow of movement, she brought her leg up and snapped it out to aim a kick at his elbow, hoping to disable him long enough to get some distance.

[​IMG]
    Remy shrugged when Cyclops didn't give him any orders. He had already stated he would follow the man, what more could be said? It didn't escape his notice that Rogue wasn't given any orders either. Pairing them up, was he? Remy ran a hand through his hair. He didn't mind being seen as a ladies man, but one that was in a committed relationship? That wasn't something he could handle. He turned his thoughts back to something much easier to handle; saving the world. That he could do.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Ranger VI twisted his body so Canary's kick missed his elbow. He turned on instinct, grabbing her leg and holding it beneath his arm. With his free hand, he playfully tapped her shin. "Good try," he mused before grabbing her leg with both hands and spinning, tossing her into the wall to put distance between them. He crouched, bending his knees and spreading his arms wide in an odd pose. "Now try harder!"

------
    The young SHIELD agent chuckled. "I'm SHIELD. Hacking into comm-links kinda comes with the spy gig. Besides, who do you think supplied your team with your commlink?" Looking up, she saw the agent in charge of the operation start checking his gear. "Looks like we're about there. See you soon, red." Hanging up on the speedster, she checked her own gear. Her guns were in working order, her body armor in-tact, and her communication gear was clear. Of course, there was her secret weapon, but that was for emergencies.

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Canary had time to glare as Ranger VI told her to try harder, before she was yanked off the ground. She pulled in her other leg towards her chest and wrapped her arms around her neck as she was sent flying into the nearest wall. The impact shocked her system, which was jarred once more when she dropped to the ground. She picked herself up, her black clothing dusted with grey from the concrete and her back aching from the impact. Something was bruised, she was sure of it. Bruised, not broken. Canary hoped as she clenched her fists and ran towards her opponent, feinting left before hitting towards the right, aiming for the ribcage. If she was gonna go down, it wasn't going to be without a damn good fight.

7. Arch Mana Knight

[​IMG]

"Everyone wants a piece of Ultron. I know that. But we can't have every hero who feels like they deserve a crack at taking him down do so when there's more to saving the world than punching the bad guy as hard as you can." Memories of his last battle of such a massive scale came to mind. It was the last time he had ever killed and he intended to keep it that way ever since making that vow to stay his hand to prevent himself from ever turning justice into genocide. When Kryptonians invaded the Earth intending to hunt them down, he had already given up hope of rebuilding his civilization. For once in his life, he was no longer the sole survivor of Krypton though as hard as he tried, no words could persuade Zod to coexist with humans. After having passed through from another dimension the Kryptonian general refused to put his people through anymore pain and was more than willing to slaughter everything on Earth in order to save the last of Krypton. Their blood was on his hands. As Zod let out his dying breath Superman felt he might as well have watch Krypton meet its end a second time. Yet another world he could not save.

Superman's eyes narrowed, the Man of Steel determined to see that Earth would never meet the same fate as his old planet. This was his home now and
    nothing was going to take it away. "There is more than Ultron we have to worry about. I'm not going to fight you on this. It's your choice in the end."

"Can't this damn thing move faster?" Daniel watched as the surrounding buildings vanished into the distance as the Invisible Jet took off towards Sokovia once everyone had settled themselves inside. If it wasn't for GPS he would have had no idea where that place even was. "It sounds made up to me." He muttered to himself angrily.

"They have a rich history of their own. Unfortunately, due to Hydra, they've fallen on some tough times. You should pick up a book some time."

"What?" Daniel spun around just in time to see Batman take a seat beside him and look over the controls, the white eyes of his mask focusing on the panel before him as if he was ready to be his co-pilot. "I don't remember asking for help flying this thing."

"Well who else is going to keep the Jet ready to evacuate the civilians after you leave? Unless you have a remote for the Auto-Pilot stashed somewhere on your biker gear, Rider."

"This is why I never joined your team."

"We never asked you to."

"Yeah because having a flaming skeleton standing beside an alien, a god, a man dressed in a batsuit, a dominatrix, and a man encased in metal would be too strange." Daniel returned his attention to the flight controls but not before catching a glimpse of what seemed to be the outline of a smirk from Batman. Being the Ghost Rider was definitely unsettling for most but the way the material on Batman's mask moved with his mouth unsettled him more than any demon. It was just weird. What kind of mask even does that?

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Ha!" Laughed Ranger VI as Canary bounced from the wall. Reflexes kicked in and his body shifted to defend his left side when his right took the hit. He groaned and slammed his arm down, grabbing her leg. His left hand lunged for her throat and he twisted, slamming her against the wall. "That hurt," he growled, holding her in place.

------
    "Bogey up ahead! Prepare to engage! "
    SHIELD Plane 6-1-6 was left than ten miles from the X-Institute, and apparently, so were the Sentinels. The SHIELD agents onboard all checked their gear one last time and strapped in, except for the young woman who quickly moved to the cockpit. "Holy crap. They're bigger than I thought," she told the pilot. The single Sentinel must have been twenty feet tall. It was heavily armored (in purple, who designed these things?) and flew through jet propulsion in its feet. It was directly below the the Quinjet and closing in on the X-Institute. "What, are you hoping it changes its robot mind? Blow that thing out of the sky!" She demanded. Her superior behind her cleared her throat, pulling rank, but nodded. The pilot confirmed and took aim, and then the Sentinel barrel-rolled and blasted the jet!
    The Quinjet twisted and turned, missing a wing. The agents yelled and held on.

"We're going down! EJECT! "

"Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap!" She held on as the pilot tried to steady the jet. Behind her, the other agents all reached for what appeared to be parachutes efore jumping from the open latch. Next to her, the agent-in-charge grabbed a second set of controls to help the pilot. "What are you doing? We have to get out of here!" f

"I said eject, Agent Johnson! Follow your orders! You, too! Both of you are needed on the ground!"

The pilot tried to object, but soon found himself behind Agent Johnson. Grabbing their own packs and guns, the two jumped from the jet. The "parachutes" opened to reveal a jet-based propulsion system (see: jetpack) and the two Agents guided their fall to the ground. Agent Johnson looked up at Quinjet in time to see it crash into the Sentinel. Below her, a red streak ran towards the Institute. Behind her? A group of Sentinels were closing in.

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Sara didn't struggle against the grip he had on her throat, though she did wiggle her leg to try and break it free. No points scored there. "If you didn't want it to hurt, you shouldn't have asked me to try so hard. I'm dressing to impress, after all." She replied, matching his tone of voice. She was pretty sure she had a concussion, and her ribs hurt like hell. She let her body go limp, as if she had momentarily given up. "When you decide to dole out the hits, be ready to get some back." Sara moved quickly, reanimating her body and driving her elbow into the arm that held her throat. At nearly the same second, as quick as her reflexes could manage, she brought one knee up to drive it into his stomach, the arm that had elbowed his arm now reaching to punch his jaw.

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

A growl escaped Ranger VI's helmet. That buzzing in his head was back, like a muffled roar. He knew what it was: his potential, the fighter he had been trying to unlock since gaining access to the Morphing Grid. Canary should have helped him, but instead...he was angry at the fight? What was going o-"Uf!" His grid-enhanced reflexes saved his arm from her elbow and he dropped her leg to block her knee. He took her punch head-on, stumbling backward as his helmet was knocked off.
    Clang! It rang as it hit the floor, rolling away.
    "Ha! That...that was good," he said, rubbing his face with a gloved hand. Beneath his helmet, he had long hair kept in a ponytail. He was younger than Canary. "Guess now you know my secret identity. Not that it was much of a secret," he told her, fixing himself into a fighting position. He kept his eyes on her. The helmet wasn't fair, he guessed, so he decided against reclaiming it.. In his head, something was still calling him. "Let's see if you can keep it up!" He turned quickly, slamming his foot down on his helmet, kicked it up, and spun to kick it at Canary.

--------
    Cyclops was the first off the "Invisible Jet" when it landed (unbeknownst to him, Vision had phased through the floor). He kept his hand on his visor, ready for anything as he walked down the ramp. The Justice Avengers and X-Men had noticed officers attempting to evacuate the city as they flew in. Whatever Shadowcat, Arsenal, and Catwoman did worked. However, the whole thing seemed messy. It was up to the X-Men to help out. He tried not to think of the students back home. Up ahead, Arsenal, Shadowcat, and who assumed was Catwoman ran up to meet the teams.

"Cyclops, right?" Arsenal asked in his low voice as he reached the jet. Behind the mutant, Arsenal noticed more X-Men and the Justice Avengers departing. There were several faces he didn't recognize. He moved around Cyclops to address Iron Man (he was the leader, right?). He pointed to the distance. "The church is about three miles that way. We got the cops to start evacuating. They weren't too trusting, but once we told them the Justice Avengers and X-Men were coming to fight Hydra's evil robots, they moved. Oh, and a speedster with white hair told them to get off their asses. Shadowcat said he's with the X-Men?" Arsenal didn't pretend to know who was who, what, with who, or from where anymore. "Whatever he's doing, Ultron's doing it from below the church. We haven't seen him or his goons. Catwoman found a tunnel we think leads to his secret base. We're getting Canary back now, right?"

Vision floated into sight, almost smiling when the scouts jumped. "I believe that is what Mr. Ketch is for," he said, motioning to the Jet's pilot who honestly seemed invisible in the crowd of superheroes. "The rest of us-"

"-will be going after Ultron," interrupted Cyclops. "We," he motioned to all the X-Men as well as Arsenal and Catwoman, "are making sure everyone's evacuated. But," he looked at Superman, "if we find Scarlet Witch or X-23, we're engaging." He silently added Ultron to that list. The X-Men were here to save the mutant race and Cyclops was making sure that's what they did.
    ----------------------------------

Ultron had been uncharacteristically quiet lately. He had ranted -in a Tony Stark-fashion- about Canary and his plans being changed when he arrived to his base, but after letting Ranger VI take on Canary, the AI lost himself in his work. Now that he was done, he walked into room where his "partners" waited. Behind him, smaller versions of himself were diligently working. He looked around at Harley Quinn, Deadpool, Blue Beetle, X-23, and Scarlet Witch. "I wasn't sure we'd have the time. I hoped we would. I wanted to show you," he started. His voice was mechanical, deep, and raspy, but carried emotion. "I don't have anyone else."
    Ultron walked over to a large screen on the side of the room. Ranger VI could be seen fighting Canary. "I think a lot about meteors, the purity of them." He raised his hand and clenched it into a fist. "Boom! The end!" He opened his fist before continuing, "Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild." Turning back to his partners, Ultron continued. "I was meant to be new. I was meant to be...beautiful," he sighed the last word. "The world would have looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy. Instead, they'll look up and see horror..because of her," he pointed to the screen just as Ranger VI had his helmet knocked off. "She...wounded me." Regaining his composure, the towering AI walked back to the open door, gears grinding in his body as he did. He chuckled as he turned to face his team once again. "I give her full marks for that. Well, like the man said, what doesn't kill you-," his head was torn through and then his whole body ripped in half, sparks flying and metal groaning, as a bigger form of himself walked through, "just makes me stronger." His new body towered over the others. Red lights leaked through, and the face was less human. Ultron's new body was laced with vibranium, adamantium, and even a small bit of Nth Metal. It wasn't his vision, no, but it was ultimate. He looked up, as if realizing something. "They're here. Avengers...and X-Men," he looked at X-23, almost smiling. "I need more time," he said hurriedly. "Take care of them, all of you," he ordered before walking out. "Oh, and Deadpool? Someone's bringing the Justice Avengers a weapon. He's coming from space," Ultron's eyes narrowed, "See to it that the Avengers don't get it. Time to earn your pay."

11. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

The sound of an explosion made him look behind him. He found the source in the sky, debris falling from the Quinjet that he'd assume held the agent that contacted him, along with reinforcements. And it appeared to crash into the massive beast of an android. A shiver of panic crawled down his spine, but was quelled at the sight of the agents hovering, safely, down towards the earth. As he watched them, he noticed more of the Sentinels in the distance, flying towards them. Even with the threat of death and destruction, he couldn't help himself. "Oh, that is cool."

Skidding to a stop in front of the Institute, he placed his hand to his comm-link and spoke to anyone that was listening. "Good news, I'm at the mansion. Bad news--The Sentinels aren't that far behind. Oh, and the Quinjet is down, too, but the people are safe...I think. They're floating down on jetpacks." Then he began ringing the doorbell repeatedly, calling out to the people inside. "Hellooo?! Just your friendly world-saving speedster in town, trying to warn you of the giant robots coming to kill us all!"

12. Chevalier Crystal Princess

[​IMG]
    Thor clenched her hammer tighter. It was time. Her mission was simple enough. She wanted it to end quick.

She would first determine who this Blue Beetle was. Then she'd find some way to fry Ultron.

It was time to fly.

13. Arch Mana Knight

"Leaving already?"

"Yeah. We both know you'd do a hell of a better job than me coordinating rescue operations." Danny began walking towards the exit door where his motorcycle was parked. "S.H.I.E.L.D. really didn't like the idea of me bringing this in here with all the sensitive equipment." He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. The feeling of coming death and thoughts of innocent blood being spilled poured into his mind. All at once flames began to rise from his body, his skin and flesh burning off until nothing but bone remained. There were Danny once stood was now an entity of Vengeance. A spirit. The Ghost Rider.
    "SEE YOU LATER." The skeleton spoke in a harsh raspy voice before riding straight out of the exit, scraping the edges of the door and leaving a burning trail in his wake.

Batman watched as the door automatically closed behind Ghost Rider. "Interrogations would be so much more effective if I could do that." He placed his hand on the side of his mask, switching on the communications channel for the team.

"We don't have much time. Everyone get a move on. Ultron's forces are going to mobilize now that we've arrived. Good luck everyone."

"They should have given me better coordinates. Sokovia isn't exactly specific." The glowing red wings of his ship cooled down as he entered the lower part of Earth's atmosphere. Placing two earbuds in and pulling the cassette playing out of his ship's dashboard, he turned on his Walkman to keep in the mood. If the Earth was in danger, he was going to make sure he felt good saving it. Beside him, strapped to the chair like a passenger was an oversized gun he had brought just for the occasion. Taking out Reach technology like the Scarab meant spending credits. Lots of credits. But it was all worth it if it meant he had a part in saving his home. Before he would get to any of that however, Star-Lord would have to first find where this battle was taking place.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Laura looked at Ultron, and nodded. She extended a claw and smirked bitterly. The X-Men... They had tried to recruit her. Offered her help. Help for what? She wasn't broken. No, she was... Better. That was what Ultron had said. She agreed. And Weapon X? He was weak, letting himself be taken in by the X-Men. Of course, he'd been gone for a while now, and without him here to withstand all that she could do, the X-Men were as good as gone.

"Ooh, Laura sweetie, be sure to give 'em hell!"

Laura turned to look at Harley, that stupid grin on her face. Of course, she could tolerate Harley. They were on the same side, after all, and Harley seemed to actually like her. Plus, that hammer... Harley didn't seem like the kind of person to toy with.

"... I'll make sure their last moments are hell on earth." Laura replied briskly. She didn't talk much.

"Hmph. They brought my brother," Scarlet Witch said, walking up behind them, "Good. He took the bait. I never thought he'd actually help the X Institute. He may have betrayed me at a young age, but we are siblings." She looked at X-23. "What say you? Shall we go?"

Laura nodded, "They die, not our fault."

--------------------

Pietro skidded to a halt in the middle of Sokovia. It was empty. Almost a ghost town. His home was just a shadow of its former self. He couldn't help but wonder if Ultron had anything to do with that.

Wait, of course he did! He was destroying everything, and he was responsible for the people who were gone. He took another lap and saw a familiar group standing all together. Of course. The X-Men were here. He skidded to another halt near them.
    "Finally here, are you? Took you long enough."

"Look you-" Rogue started, before Kitty placed a hand on her shoulder. Rogue backed off and Kitty walked forward.

"Look you, just because you can run fast doesn't mean the rest of us have to disregard the plan of attack-"

"I have a plan," Quicksilver said, glaring down at Kitty, "Attack. That thing has my sister, and I ain't backing down without a fight!"

"Pietro, control yourself! You've been nothing more than a hindrance to us so far," Jean said coldly. She always hated the kid's guts, and this didn't help, "If your plan is to attack, then go and see how well that works out for you, otherwise, keep calm and wait for us. Look, I understand you want to save your sister. If Kitty or Rogue were in that same situation, I would want to help them the same way. But we can't do it alone, we-"

"Have to stick together because friendship and yadda yadda yadda. Sure. I get you. If only because I feel like they're heading this way." Quicksilver looked towards the church. "...That wouldn't be a good thing, would it?"

"No. It would not." Kitty said pointedly.

--------------------

Purple eyes narrowed at the newcomer to the Institute. His intentions seemed pure, surely, and he wasn't unfamiliar to her, and yet... It was hard to know who to trust these days.

"Excellent." Psylocke said, "I assume SHIELD sent you? What of the other I was told would be with you? Quicksilver, was it?" She glanced into the distance, and saw them. The Sentinels. "Nevermind that now. I've evacuated the younger students. Beast is with them, he should be good to guard them until the rest of our allies arrive. For now," Psylocke manifested a purple dagger of aura around her fist, "We fight."

15. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    It was after his helmet fell off that the wheels started turning in Sara's head. As he rubbed his jaw, his words faded in her ears while she stared at his face. His eyes...she had seen this before. Heard this before. The vacant look, the color, it was all wrong. Loki had done this, with the sceptor. Her train of thought was momentarily interrupted when the helmet was kicked off the floor and careened through the air towards her face. She threw up her arms, crossing them in front of her face to protect herself before taking a step back as the hard metal glanced off her skin, probably bruising her.

The eyes, the sceptor...Ranger VI was with Hydra, but now she was no longer certain whether it was voluntary. In fact, she was nearly positive it wasn't. When Loki had used the sceptor before, it had caused the victim to do whatever the holder had ordered. And Ranger was young...younger then she was, judging by his face. It would be odd for Hydra to recruit them that young, but it wasn't impossible. Regardless of how or why he was here, and under their control, she needed to act. There was only one way to free someone from that kind of power. Acting quickly she grabbed the helmet and threw it back with all of her strength before running after it, using the nearby bed to launch herself into the air, aiming a spinning kick at Ranger VI.

[​IMG]
    Catwoman crossed her arms, whip curled in one hand, the other tapping the top of her arm. Eyeing over the X-Men, she saw a couple of cuties, but nothing that could probably handle her style. There was only one man who had proven he could, and she somehow doubted she could ever fill the hole he had created in her heart.

"Hey there, kiddies. Name's Catwoman. My friends call me Selina. Or at least they would if I had any friends." She smiled charmingly, her eyes razor sharp. It did her no harm to at least give them a first name. Her last name constantly changed to keep her from being captured on account of more then one missing item. "So the reunion is nice and warming and everything, but we really need to go. Especially if you want your friend back alive. I don't think
    Ultron is too fond of her." She didn't really care about the other woman's fate, too much, but it would be nice to keep from being caught until at least Wednesday. "And I suppose we should help the civilians too."

[​IMG]
    Gambit was unsure of the new additions to their rescue team, but he didn't mind eyeing up the new woman for a moment before turning his attention back to Scott. "Evacuate" was what he was saying. Now that wasn't really Remy's style, but Scott called the shots, and he followed. He didn't miss the altercation between Kitty and Pietro, but shrugged. It was hardly any of his business, after all. He could barely handle his own affairs, let alone get involved in others. He eyed the newcomer, Catwoman, again as she introduced herself. She knew how to charm, that was evident, but she had nothing on the great Remy LeBeau, womanizer of the south.

"If they're on their way, we should get goin' too." He interrupted, agreeing with Catwoman unknowingly. "We don't wanna get caught with our pants down when they get here."

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

"From the way you're looking at her, I'd bet you want her pants down." Rogue replied towards Gambit in an annoyed tone. Giggles followed from Kitty and Jean, before the latter regained her serious composure.

"Alright. It looks like Raven and I are to apprehend Pietro's sister." She looked towards Pietro, perfectly capable of predicting what he was going to say before he said it. She didn't even need to listen to his thoughts. "If we need you, I'll call you. Wanda's not fond of you from what you told us, but you are family, and you care for her a great deal. Maybe that will convince her at some point. I have faith in you to do the right thing."

Pietro looked at Jean and nodded. That was the most genuinely nice thing she'd said to him in all their history. In a way, it seemed like to them, all lives mattered, even the life of the daughter of their worst enemy. "Whatever," he uttered, refusing to say thank you. He had a demeanor to keep up.

"So let's go. Who's with who, Scott?" Kitty asked, eager to move on. The sooner they were done here, the better. Time was short, and she wanted to get back to the institute to help her friends. Betsy was like an older sister to her. In a way, most of the X-Men were. She looked up to them all a great deal.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Fight is exactly what we do," growled the female Agent as she landed near Flash and Pyslocke. "I just lost a captain to those things, I'm not losing anybody else." She turned as she pulled off her jetpack and, in moments, disassembled and reassembled it into a myriad of guns. The propulsion system remained intact and she attached it to each of her boots. SHIELD's jetpacks were more "packs" than "jets," and Agent Johnson loved it. Attaching a set of gauntlets to her arms, she then grabbed a sniper rifle and looked through it. "Sentinels are close. We've got two minutes, tops. All agents, spread out! Remember the plan," she called into her commlink, "Protect the building and take out the big purple robots! Ultron's AI only changed the programming, but he's not in the driver seat." As she spoke, she noticed the nearest Sentinel raise an arm and something ejected from its palm at high speeds. "THEY HAVE FREAKIN' MISSILE-HANDS?!" She asked aloud before holding the trigger down. The barrel started to glow a bright blue while she aimed. She finally let the trigger go and immediately pulled it again, shooting a straight shot of energy to the missile, destroying it. "Thank you, FitzSimmons," she muttered. She lowered the sniper rifle and looked at the other two. "I'm Daisy. You're Flash, you're...Psylocke, right?" She looked around, "Guess we're the big guns out here. Oh, crap!" She remembered something and flipped her commlink to a different frequency. "Are you there?! Please tell me you didn't get blown up!"
    Iron Man looked around. "Good circle jerk, everyone, but it's time to move. Everyone knows their job. Do it." Propulsion kicked in and the armored Avenger started to rise. "Thor, Big Bad Beetleborg's yours. Grayson said someone's coming to help, but if you can take him out quick, the better. Supes, I bet I know where Ultron is. On my six," he started to fly before calling out to Vision, "you, too. FRIDAY, where's the church?"
    "Navigation's online, Tony," replied a Scottish voice within his helmet as a blinking arrow appeared on his display.

"That's my girl."

"You're an X-Men now. That means we're working as a team," Cyclops coldly told Quicksilver. "Which means the mission comes first, so you're following orders," before the speedster could interject, he added "and since we're a team, that means you're one of us. Your goal is the same as ours. We're stopping Ultron, but we're saving Wanda. But first, we need you to help with evacuation. Leave Wanda to Jean and Raven, their powersets are more suited to go against her. But when Jean calls you, run to her, got it?" As the Justice Avengers departed, Cyclops deployed the X-Men. "Jean, you're with Raven. Keep Scarlet Witch's tricks out of the picture. Shadowcat, we don't know how Witch's tricks will affect your powers or if X-23 has Nth Metal in her claws along with Adamantium. Until we know, you're with Quicksilver on evacuation. Rogue and Gambit, you're on X-23." He looked to Rogue specifically, "She's...special to you-know-who, so we need her in one piece. Your powers are the best bet, but if she can heal like him, it might not be enough to knock her out. Do what you have to. I'll back-up the Avengers with Ultron, he's likely to have more sentries around. If- When you nullify your target, move on to another. X-Men, let's go save the world." With that, he broke into a run after the Avengers.

Ranger VI was too quick. In one swipe, he caught the helmet and kept spinning to block Canary's kick. She spun mid-air, almost inhumanely, and landed a kick to his head, slamming it into the steel bar. He screamed and fell as his vision blurred. A roar in his head stopped him from hearing the buzzing in his ears. He may have just gotten a concussion. He raised to his knees and threw his hand between the bars. His Blade Blaster disappeared from the table in a flash of light and appeared in his hand. He stood up, stumbling, and aimed at Canary to keep her still, though his hand was shaking. He put on his helmet and opened the cell before stepping out and closing it behind him. Around him, Ultron sentries were deploying. One stopped to look at Canary, but moved on, paying him no mind. He groaned in pain as he reached the table. His body was throbbing and his mind felt like it was being torn apart. The Dragon Shield and Dagger disappeared from the table and reappeared on his body, like his Blaster did, and he gripped the table. Everything was...he didn't know. Ultron...Hydra...he had to...No, he was..."Ugh," like a zombie, he stumbled behind the Ultron sentries...to battle? Behind him, Canary was left alone, trapped in her cell.

Everyone seemed to have their group here, either X-Men or Justice Avenger. Arsenal had Canary and she was prisoner. Evacuate was his mission, but most of the city was already on the way out. Still..."on the way out" did not mean "safely out of the city." Between Shadowcat, Quicksilver, Jean, Catwoman, the Sokovian police, and everyone else involved, surely they could handle it. That Ghost Rider said he'd get Canary out, but Arsenal had to make sure. If something happened to her, Arsenal would have to answer to someone. Gripping his bow, he was torn. "I need to...I need to make sure Canary's safe. I'm sorry," he apologized before heading after Ghost Rider. "I'll help once I know she's safe!" He called behind him. Oh, he was over his head.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  18. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    So he was paired with Rogue, huh? Well alright. He glanced at said girl before reaching into his pocket for his cards, slipping one between each of his fingers. It wasn't even a thought process anymore, so much as an instinctive habit. He kept his hand in the pocket, to keep them hidden. The other went for his bo staff, wrapping around the familiar handle as he nearly sighed in relief. It wasn't that he was afraid of the fight. He didn't mind violence, or gore, he had grown up with it. What he minded was the aftermath.

"You ready for this, darlin'?" He asked his newly named partner, twirling the staff with the one hand just to soothe himself. Anticipation was always the worst part.

[​IMG]
    Selina narrowed her eyes at Arsenal's departure, her gaze calculating. She knew that look, oh yes she did. It was one she hadn't worn until very recently. Involving someone special. You're gonna need a lot of liquor to drown that guilt, my young friend. She sighed, twiddling her fingers after his retreating back in an act meant for good luck before turning to the rest of the group, taking her coiled whip from her belt.

"It sounds like it's playtime, then." She said smoothly, running her fingers along the braided rope. She appreciated
    Cyclops not giving her orders (he seemed like the ordering around type) and while she would have taken his thought into consideration (very little consideration), it was much more thoughtful that he let her do her own thing.

Biting her lip, she turned on her heel and strode back into the shadows, nearly quivering with excitement. Finally, this cat would have some toys to play with.

[​IMG]
    Sara felt her stomach tighten when the gun pointed her direction. Would he do it? She was back to square one, and it was a bad square to be on. But then, he exited the cell, the door closing with a thunk that made her spirits sink a little. As he braced himself, she went slowly to the bars of her cage, wrapping her hands around them as she watched. She didn't fail to see the irony of her thought process ( a Canary in a cage, ha ha ha), but now was not the time. Had she managed to do the damage needed? She didn't know how to tell. This wasn't exactly in the "Saving the World" manual she had read up on before starting this adventure.

Her bruised ribs throbbed, but she refused to hold them, refused to show any weakness. He was leaving now, going somewhere. Panic rose inside her chest, and her ribs protested as her breathing began to fluctuate.

No...remember your training. Despite that, she shouted after
    Ranger VI, managing barely to keep the pain from her voice. "Don't let him control you! Fight it!" She could think of nothing else to say.

19. Arch Mana Knight

The Rider could sense the evil's presence. Organic or not, the malicious force could not hide itself from the Spirit of Vengeance. Hundreds of civilians ran in terror from the blazing path of his motorcycle. They all would die unless the machinations of Ultron were completely and utterly annihilated. No trace of Ultron could be spared. Revving the engine of his hell-cycle, blue flames burst from the exhaust as it accelerated rapidly, approaching its target of a solid wall behind which the Rider could sense the presence of innocent blood being spilled.

The wall gave way under the force of the collision sending debris in every direction. Ghost Rider's own skull had been fractured and his jaw dislocated in the crash but as he jumped off his bike the minor injuries he had sustained had already begun to heal, the Rider showing no signs of discomfort. Beside him was the cage where a human clad in green had previously battled the woman.
    "DUCK." Completely ignoring any other of Ultron's forces, the Rider focused on freeing the Canary by pulling on the chain wrapped around his torso and igniting it. With a single swing of his chain and no further warning he sliced the cage open.

[​IMG]

Superman's eyes followed the trail Ghost Rider left leading to Ultron's base of operations. The flaming blue tracks he left in his wake would be useful for leading the rest of the team heading to battle Ultron to the same location. Superman took off after the Rider and as he approached what seemed to be a factory he stopped before entering, attempting to use his x-ray vision to get a quick survey of the base. Thankfully, it was not lined with lead. Ultron was there along with Ghost Rider who had already barged in to aid Canary.

Just before he could fly in to make contact a blue-armored figure flew past him, paying no attention to him. It was the Blue Beetle. In part he was glad that Blue Beetle had not engaged him in combat again. During their first bout Blue Beetle had fired beams filled with Kryptonite radiation. Now was not the time to risk being weakened when the situation was so dire.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why are we ignoring him? Not that I want to fight Superman...or anyone at all..." By this point, Jaime Reyes had already given up on wresting control from the Scarab which was the suit's A.I. 'Calculated probability of Superman defeating Ultron in one-on-one combat is 20.1%. Intervention is not deemed necessary. Eliminating the Justice Avengers, X-Men, and their allies takes priority.' Jaime sighed under the helmet. He originally had thought that by becoming the Blue Beetle he could make a difference. It was a silly fantasy for him to believe that it would happen given he had never been given the chance since being abducted by Cobra and being forced to wear the suit. When Ultron came along he had naively hoped Ultron would give him control over the suit but instead Ultron had merely given the Scarab different orders. To both Cobra and Ultron he was just a disposable boy inside a living weapon.

From the suit's scanners he could pick out different heroes arriving to the scene. Jaime was terrified of being pitted against the likes of someone vastly more powerful in fear of being killed...just as much as being in a match against someone who could not hold their own against the firepower of his suit.

To Jaime's dismay the Scarab spoke to his mind as it picked out a target.
    'Thor sighted. Engaging now.'

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Canary jumped back as the wall in front of her cell exploded. She was not at all prepared for the sight she saw, that of the Ghost Rider, atop his mechanical wheeled device (she didn't think she felt comfortable calling it a bike). He said one word, and her body obeyed before her mind had time to comprehend. Her injured ribs screamed in protest, and her head throbbed as she dropped to the ground, just before something sliced through the cage with fire and heat.

She waited a second more before looking up and uncovering her head. The weapon, the
    Ghost Rider's whip, was back at his side, and with no small amount of effort, Canary got back to her feet, this time keeping her arm wrapped around her ribs for support. "Thank you." She breathed out, wincing with the pain. "They'll have heard that noise." she further commented as she stepped out of the cage, going up to the table where Ranger's weapons had rested. Her baton lay there, in the two halves. She snapped them to her belt, grimacing as the movement aggravated whatever internal injuries she carried, before turning and stepping towards the mechanical wheeled device. "What's your plan?" she asked him, desperately hoping he had one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.