Inheritance Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hakurei Reimu, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I was also more interested in the second one :S
    The first one was my fav tho :D

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I agree, the first was the best.

3. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Yeah, spoiler warning....

I just knew Oromis was gonna die. It just seemed so obvious to me. But I'm sooooo glad that he didn't have a 'Yoda'-death, which was how I thought he'd die at first...
    Such a Yoda-like character >.<
    I was kinda surprised about Brom being Eragon's dad. I hadn't even thought about it, not even when I read that Morzan wasn't necessarily Eragon's dad.
    And I still feel so bad for Murtagh T_T Dude, CHANGE YOUR (true) NAME!!! Please?​

4. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

me and my mom had predicted the entire part about Brom being Eragon's dad before the book even came out. We knew somehow Selena and Brom met, and we guessed the entire thing(except that brom was undercover... but we knew something happened >>)

5. Ice_Keyblade Kingdom Keeper

I was thinking that brom was like actually someone that worked for galbatorix when the first book came out.​

6. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

ugh awesome book! i was like "how is he gonna finish this whole thing in 30 pages... 20 pages... 10... wow! another book??!! jeez hes gonna take three more years! haha...

theres actually lots of threads on the third books, so yes, ppl have read one, i hope! lol

wooohoooo for the eragon books! :D

7. ILuvPie Merlin's Housekeeper

Eragon is an excellent novel. Too bad the movie sucks...

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST BOOK COMES OUT xD

8. program Twilight Town Denizen

Ineritance Cyle; #4 Inheritance!

The fourth/final book is to be published November 8, this year! Anyone else excited as I am?

9. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

IS IT REALLY!?!?!?!? YES!!!!! *runs around room, cheering!!!!!* ...but now i have to wait 6 months for it!!! :cryinganime: T.T :'( :crybaby: ... I will wait til the ends of the Earth!!!!! or til it comes out.

10. Kites Chaser

I remember everyone reading these books in middle school. I actually only read Eragon and Eldest since they were popular at the time but maybe one day I'll read Brisingr since Inheritance is coming out.

11. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I'm very excited but I hope that Christopher Paolini doesn't pull a Lemoney Snicket and make the last book in his epic series a total anticlimax.

12. Glen Returned from the dead

The last book's coming out? About time! I've been waiting a fair while for it to come out.....i must have it.

13. Arch Mana Knight

Bump.

Book came out 8 days ago and I'm surprised there hasn't been a repeat thread or a bump about this. Wtf guys? B|

I finished it last Friday and it was great. Ending was sad but not depressing(plus it means I can make an RP related to the series with that kind of ending). One thing I found pretty interesting was...

Seems like Nasuada(Nasauda?) might hook up with Murtagh once he and Thorn are done being angry with the world. It's pretty heavily implied that they have feelings for each other. Same with it being implied that he'll eventually see her again. Since he said something about not seeing her "right now" and that he had his own life he needed to sort out before returning to civilization. >>

Paolini said in an interview that he wasn't planning on "abandoning" Eragon's world. He even said he could start writing again about it in a month if he felt like it but that's all uncertain as of now. After all, he just finished the cycle so we can't expect him not to take a long break.

14. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I finished it. I rely enjoyed the ending: there were no loose ends left hanging, it was satisfying and it left an opening for more books. The only thing I'm actually upset about is:

that we never find out who Angela really is. I personally suspect she was one of the original settlers on Alagaesia.

Other than that, the book was the perfect ending to a great series.

15. Finn the Human Traverse Town Homebody

Paolini definitely left a HUGE opening for more books.
    I was just a bit frustrated that my questions about Angela weren't answered, and I wonder who the woman, girl and boy at the end were. The ones who, if I remember correctly, saved Roran.

However, it was an an awesome read, and I can wait to see what else he has to offer, I really want a prologue book though, I think that would be awesome to read.

16. program Twilight Town Denizen

I can't believe he just let Murtagh and Thorn go FLY AWAY! This does not go well with the fic writer who ship ThornXSaphira T:<
    Then he introduces a new dragon so fast? I like Firnen, but I feel he was put in too fast. I hope he brings back Thorn and Murtagh if he ever continues.
    There could be a new series, like Riordan is doing with his new CHB series, but on a different character who becomes a rider.
    It was a good read, gonna miss our Farmboy turned Dragon Rider boy Eragon :'D

17. Finn the Human Traverse Town Homebody

To be honest I was disappointed that Arya was the new rider, though I'd seen it coming since Eldest.
    I kind of wish there was a bit more to it. I just felt like the entire ending was rushed, everything was moving so quickly as I was reading.

OH one more thing
    Did anyone get the feeling that Galbatorix isn't dead? There's no freakin' way it was that easy, and also, the way he 'disappeared' was rather fishy. I do however, question the thought that he might not be gone, because if he weren't, Eragon wouldn't have remembered the eggs and such, but then, Galbatorix knows the true name of The Ancient Language, so he could EASILY hide from Eragon. I dunno, just thoughts.

18. program Twilight Town Denizen

All the way agree; better explanation on how I felt. And that you mention, It does seem Galbatoix could have escaped, he just dies because Eragon puts all the hatred and sadness of the universe into one spell? Of Depression? Its like a bad fanfic almost. But it was still captivating =u=

19. Finn the Human Traverse Town Homebody

Absolutely. I just think that maybe, just MAYBE Galbatorix is still out there suffering in his own way from what Eragon did to him, but either:

1) He's going to come back to seek revenge on Eragon, Nasuada, and all of Alagaesia or
    2) He's going to help from afar, and maybe stay out of everyone's way until discovered.

20. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

THIS^ It went into far too much detail, so I thought, for them to just be never mentioned again. I was almost fairly certain it was
    Nasuada disguised by Murtagh so she could escape. Though I had no idea who the kids would have been in that case.

I was also kinda sad that there wasn't at least
    one kiss between Arya and Eragon :( I kept waiting and waiting for it to come, and it seemed like right at the end it was just about to happen. Then BAM off she goes :(