Inheritance Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hakurei Reimu, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

he didn't want more money, he isn't selfish like that. It happens with a lot of books, there's just too much infromation to squeeze into 748 pages (the length of Brisingr) and it wont take him as long to write the next one because he had writers block for about 3 months whlie writing it. And he has most of the stuff planned out.

2. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MY PARENTS GET PAID TO GET THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (noob time over)
    It said it was the Inheritance Trilogy, but it doesn't mean that there absolutely can't be a fourth book. Maybe it's like Star Wars, as in the ORIGINAL Trilogy. I got into the books when the movie came out. I didn't see it yet, but a friend of mine was reading it and I read Eragon, then got Eldest. My Language Arts Honors teacher said I should read it when it came out. Now one of my friends has it, so I went over to him and said, "D*** you S***. (his name)".

3. Arch Mana Knight

Finished the book today. It was epic. The heart of hearts...sometimes, I've noticed, that Christopher did some things for convinience(sp?)...
    I was one of the first people on KHV to point out that there would be four books...months ago...*knows the old thread is dead anyways* >>;
    I love that Eragon thought about Murtagh's sword when he was making his. Hand-and-a half sword ftw.

4. Pasyn Traverse Town Homebody

It was an amazing book, and I can't wait for the fourth one. And yeah, there'll be a forth one because if he had put all of the story into one book it would have been twice the size it is, and not many people like reading and carrying around a book over 1.5 thousand pages long. Hated that Oromis died, but I'm glad that we found out what the wepon under the Menoa tree was. Also glad that we found Galbatorix's weakness.

5. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

I personally don't like the books. Yes, he wrote the book at fifteen, but he's not the only one. Plus, his parents are in publishing, so I'm pretty sure he didn't have a hard time getting his book on the shelves. They're filled to the brim with purple prose, the plot is unoriginal, the books were far too long and had so much unnecessary information (I practically fell asleep during Eldest), and Eragon is the ultimate Gary-Stu. Not to mention how obnoxious Arya is...but I liked the dwarf. What was his name again? The one that hung out with Eragon?

6. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

I looked at Brisingr in store a few days ago, I live in Western Australia, I suppose it wouldve come out just about the day we went to the city and I saw it
    It was bigger than Eragon/Eldest but thee writing was bigger too..... I don't like that at all. It won't match up with the other books and it should have smaller writing like the others did, but maybe that was just one of the release types (I saw a different new release with dragon body features on the white covers).

I found Eragon hard to get into. The end of the prologue left me excited, then it mellowed and stayed mellow....... Hmmm.... I suppose I didn't get into it at any point throughout the whole book :( I hope I can get into Eldest though. But I'll read it anyway, cause Eragon was still really good

7. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Ending of Brisingr (spoiler dont look!)

OMG! The ending was so depressing... They killed off one of the best characters, poor Oromis. Did any of you like the book if you read it? I frickin loved it.

8. Fallout Gummi Ship Junkie

Well, is the new book any good?

9. Bareri-San 私はポテトだ。

i'm trying to read it, but because of school I havent been able to read at my usually inhumanly fast reading speed (i can usually read a 700-paged book in a day and a half)
    i got halfway through it and had to stop D8
    i'm going to read it again when i'm on holidays​

10. Desi Banned

Down on that huge island people call Australia
    i havent even finished it i stoped around page 500 because it got boring..i dont know
    I love the Inheritance series and all but for some reason i couldnt finish this one

11. Sora March Twilight Town Denizen

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got and finished the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I have to wait for the next book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. videogame714 Merlin's Housekeeper

I just finished the chapter where Eragon got his Rider's sword. And once again I'm slighty more drawn to Roran's side of the story. I'm soooo happy the Ra'zac are finally dead, and that Roran and Katrina finally got married.

How I think the story'll turn out is that Eragon dies/gets seriously wounded in the last book, and Murtagh and Thorn had somehow changed their true names, and slay Galbatorix. Otherwise, I think it'll be the new Rider.

13. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Well... I thought it coulda been a bit more epic
    What with Oromis's death and Glaedr being saddened like that right when they went into battle? I mean, wtf? They coulda done something more epic, like... Eragon dying (they said it would take all yur energy to bring a person back to life O___O)
    and Oromis bringing him back with magic (lame idea i know).
    I liked how he made the sword tho- that was pretty cool :]

And... i also think that... well... the book seemed really short, and the story part was very slow... he coulda written it a bit less cryptic :[
    but I really lked it otherwise :]
    it was a good part, and I think that I can't wait for the last one.
    BUT IF HE F*CKING MAKES THERE BE A 5TH BOOK- IMA BE SOO PISSED OFF!!!

14. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I was sorta glad Oromis died, he pissed me off. Brisinger was one of the better books, though Eragon is still my favorite. I think a lot more got set up in the third one, and the sword is absolutely awesome. Guess we have a while to wait for the fourth one*sighs*

15. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Oh I know, I can't believe that >:[

16. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I loved the book... but the movie ruined it :[
    I still love the book though :]

17. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

As far as said movie goes, the book is far better in comparison to it. But a few problems even for me. Yet, movie and book did get an idea and its long forgotten.

18. 007 Hollow Bastion Committee

Great book, terrible movie

19. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

I'vew read it all theway up to Brisingr, which is the third book. I saw the movie and it SUCKED! Book was excellent though :D.

20. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I like Eragon, more then I like Eldest....Eldest was not as fun, i guess.