Inheritance Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Hakurei Reimu, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Kaiionel Hollow Bastion Committee

This series is alright, though it sometimes felt torturous trying to get through Eldest. I honestly think half of that book could have been cut out. Also, though Paolini is a phenomenal fantasy writer and I think it's amazing that he came up with his own languages and everything...he should probably steer clear of romance, or at least try to improve his romance writing skills before attempting it again. I cringed at every scene where Eragon was infatuated with Arya who, in my opinion, was far too perfect. She was gorgeous, an elf, an amazing warrior, and on top of all that, a princess. I didn't like her character very much. Aside from that, I liked the series. I enjoyed Murtagh until he went all evil.

2. uglynameless Destiny Islands Resident

one of my favorites! best character is galbatorix's dragon; what is better than an insane evil black dragon :p

3. Arch Mana Knight

Really good series...can't wait for Brisngr (thats the third book) and the 4th book(Yeah thats right it's not a trilogy anymore yay! The series is now called the Inheritance cycle or something like that...).

4. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

I liked the books better then the movie. They're both great.

5. oldman106 Gummi Ship Junkie

yeh..
    The movie lacked ALOT of things..
    and the ending sucked..

I just finished ERAGON .
    I;m getting ELDEST today.. I hope..

6. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    i am reading Eragon right now
    but the movie sucked

7. Arch Mana Knight

Yeah it was a bad movie...and I still have to wait for Brisingr (the 3rd book coming out in September I think) and the 4th book...that will take awhile...

8. Hissora ahurhurhur.

I really liked this book. It had a very good ending, but the movie ruined it entirely.

9. Luka Deafening silence

i agree to this sadly
    anyone know when the 3rd one is going to come out ? D:

10. Arch Mana Knight

I said it in one of my posts...Brisngr is coming out September I think...and we still need to wait for the 4th one after that...

11. twilight knight4 Traverse Town Homebody

yeah i read it was alright

12. kowae7 Traverse Town Homebody

The first book was great, but I think that Christopher Paolini kind of ripped the idea of this from Lord of the Rings. Just look at all the similarites. Eragon and Aragorn.

I have to say that the first book is a lot better than the second book.

Most sequels are worst then the first ones.

13. xAquaLinax Destiny Islands Resident

i've read it. i found it one of the best fantasy books i've read.
    definately go and read the sequell, but TAKE YOUR TIME!!
    because the next one won't be coming out until
    SEPTEMBER THIS YEAR!!

14. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Me too i feel the same way toward things like that i dont ever read sequels unless the author amazes me with the first book like Harry POtter..I probably wouldn't have read if i hated TSS

15. Atlas Gummi Ship Junkie

I liked this book when i first read it a while ago, but like 2 months ago i picked it and Eldest up again and i didn't really enjoy it this time. It's just the same old fantasy stuff thrown in a blender. I feel like i had read the book before i actually had. For someone new to fantasy books and all that, it's not too bad, but i guess we'll just have to wait and see if he can get some originality in the 3rd one.

(props for creating his own langauge, though)

16. Roxaspartanti King's Apprentice

I thought it was a good book at first. I read both books, and yet I feel like I would want to read the last one. I have both books, and first I did like it, but then as I thought the book over, I thought it was quite killing. It became boring for me, and I thought the writers way was quite random and it didn't seem real enough, and it was quite random for both of the books. Plus, the second book never seemed hitting to your mind, and saying, this seems real. It said to my mind, I wonder what random things you will read next, reader.

17. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Inheritance Trilogy

Hey if you've read Eragon and Eldest, do you you have any idea when the next book is coming out? i realllly want to know :D

18. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

The third book is called Brisingr.

The Inheritance cycle was originally planned as a trilogy. In an October 30, 2007 press release, Paolini revealed that the third book would have been so large that it would need to be published in two volumes. An April 11, 2008 newsletter sent out by Paolini alluded that this book will be longer than either Eragon or Eldest. Brisingr is scheduled to be released on September 20, 2008; release outside the United States will follow. Book four's release date is unknown.

Regarding the title, Paolini said, "'Brisingr' is one of the first words I thought of for this title, and it’s always felt right to me.†“As the first ancient-language word that Eragon learns, it has held particular significance for his legacy as a Dragon Rider. In this new book, it will be revealed to be even more meaningful than even Eragon could have known.†"Brisingr" is the Ancient Language word for "fire", used to summon and control fire by magic-users in the series.

The cover, featuring the gold dragon Glaedr, was illustrated by John Jude Palencar. The content of the cover was one of the few things initially confirmed by Paolini. The cover was to feature an emerald-green dragon looking to the right. However, Paolini later indicated that this was affected by the expansion of the series to a four-book cycle, but did not explain the change at the time.

19. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    Eldest

what do you think of that book but do not tell me the ending i am like 220 pages from it

20. Azure Flame Banned

It's awesome! I can't wait for the third and final one!