If you could have any sport in the Olympics:

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sara, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

What would it be?

Keep it appropriate, and have it AN ACTUAL SPORT!!!

I've heard a ton of people petitioning for skateboarding. But I think that was passed into the Olympics a few years ago.

2. Arch Mana Knight

Keep it appropriate? Damn.

Quidditch would be interesting to see as an Olympic sport. Chess maybe? I mean, if video games are starting to be considered sports(though non-Olympic) then why not Chess?

3. Sara Tea Drinker

There is a Quidditch irl games craze going on, but it's mostly for comedic effect and really huge Harry Potter fans. Including a World Cup. *seriously, there's a thread about it*

And yeah, I can see chess... I think anything with any kind of strategy involved. Table tennis isn't really a physical activity. (If I'm wrong, don't kill me, I don't play it.) So it doesn't have to actually involve exercise.

4. Mysty Unknown

I was actually going to say Quidditch but ARCH over here beat me to it. I mean, I know its mainly used for a comedic appeal, but I've seen some intense and serious games go on. That could become a huge success really if if became a little more serious.

5. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

They could always put in the hunger games. All that violence, but if you want something more serious, then they could always include racing (the race cars not the runners) the onyl problem there would be the space for the track.

6. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Squash is something that has been lobbied upon for a while but no results yet. From its fast pace and fun I would definitely enjoy seeing it in the Olympics. Similarly Basque pelote has been on and off of the Olympics so it would be nice allowing it to be more consistent.

Chess would actually be a really interesting idea and open up the Olympics to sports/games beyond athletic prowess. As someone who nerds out over extremely well-played chess games and watches them on a daily basis, it would be nice to see. But I am not quite sure if it would fit the IOC's requirements.

7. Jin うごかないで

In all honesty, I'd love skateboarding as an olympic sport in my own personal opinion, the olympics can be pretty boring at times. Apart from the gymnastic..thing..they do on the rings and that piece of wood with handles in it (don't know the name for it aaah) but apart from that I don't see any really interesting sports to be honest but realistically that's the only thing I can think of right now.

8. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

Singing (srs). At least one of the judges has to be Simon Cowell. (not srs)

9. Shuhbooty moon child

I don't fine Skateboarding all that interesting tbh. ;A; I would love to see Chess who and in all srsness dodge ball. >>
    I mean with all that flexibility it'd be like watching swans swim! And I think it'd hold a challenge.

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Rather than include non-athletic sports in the Olympics, I'd like to see an olympic circuit especially for non-athletic sports. Contests of the mind deserve equal billing to contests of fitness, if you ask me. Plus, then they won't be muscling in on the classic Olympics, so fans won't have cause to complain.

11. Patman Bof

I' m pretty sure chess is classified as a sport in my country. A cerebral sport, but a sport nonetheless. Professional chess players retire very early, it' s just as fast burning a career as physical sports. I guess broadcasting the already existing contests would be a start.
    You clearly don' t. XD
    Ping pong seems rather effortless at first, but it quickly gets as tiring as tennis. Besides, I find it pretty spectacular.

12. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

I think they legit need Olympic parkour. You have to get from point A to point B in the fastest time possible. You can choose any route you want.

13. cstar stay away from my waifu

I personally think it would be really cool to see an olympic hide and seek game, or manhunt. I just picture it taking so long though. It would still be cool, but the olympics could probably last for months if they were professionals at hide and seek or manhunt.

Oh and capture the flag or dodgeball. How about I just say playground sports and leave it at that.

14. Cherry Berry Chaser

I personally think maybe parkour or rollerblading could be quite good in the sense of being used at in the Olympics. But it's also as the others before me on this thread mentioned. Rather than just sticking solely to physical sports, why not use intellectual sports as aspects of the Olympics, like chess for example?

Anyway, that's my take on things c:

15. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

I want rollerblading, chess and ballet. And is there swimming in the Olympics? I don't think there is. Maybe. Well, I know there's diving. GIVE US QUIDDITCH.

16. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

Darn it i was gonna say challenge pissing. No but seriously i think that bowling should be tried as a sport again for the olympics they only gave it one chance.

17. Sara Tea Drinker

Seriously?

Sorry, but when I saw the post, I did a double-take.

18. Dr.M Merlin's Housekeeper

Did i say something stupid again?

19. Patman Bof

Lol, I can' t believe none of us thought of that one. XD

20. Ghost King's Apprentice

I'm serious, we had a class long conversation on how there should be snowball fighting in Winter Olympics. Just think how awesome it would be too see two countries pelting each other with snowballs. Or Ice carving, who's can carve the the object the most accurate and the fastest.

And last but not least, synchronized snow angle-ing.