Dream Drop Distance If Kingdom Hearts had a Teen rating in future games

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Shikou, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Im not sure if anyone noticed this but in some parts of the games are censored. For example in KH2 Axel's death looks different in the Japanese version. Some pointed out there are some things censored in both KH1 and KH2. I cant remember what was censored except for Axel's death. For some reason I felt like a Eraqus death in Birth By Sleep would be censored in the English version from watching it in Japanese months before the English release. Birth By Sleep had a dark tone script in both English and Japanese. In the English version it replaced words that have the same meaning like "Go take Aqua's life." and you would hear Master Xehanort say "die" a few times if I remember correctly.
    But what would happen if Kingdom Hearts 3 was rated for teens? What would we see?
    Maybe a darker tone script and uncut deaths? What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

hmm, I'm not sure I really see anything dark with Axel's "death". But we usually have to censor our games, movies, and shows from Japan because they don't have a line for that kind of stuff. A lot of shows and games they have it's pretty common to get things like "die" or "Go take (insert name here)'s life". We have to censor, otherwist it would be a little darker for that age group

3. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I didn't say anything about Axel's death being dark. It is a bit odd they censored it.
    I dont really see a problem with the Japanese original of his death.

4. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

It may have to do with the fact that in the original the fire is coming out of Axel. This shows, to me, that he intended to die with that attack, which implies suicide. In the censored version, it is shown all around him, which has the implication that his death was just a side effect of the attack.

I'd also like to point out that in Chain of Memories (GBA version, not Re: COM), Axel has a couple lines where he says "hell" that aren't censored, though it's entirely possible that hell censored something else.

5. Kayate King's Apprentice

A teen rating in Kingdom Hearts III...

Maybe more blood, would be involved. On-screen deaths, people with cigarettes, nothing too serious. This is Disney, after all.
    Possibly a bit stronger language, but no curse words, it would ruin Disney's image.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Another one I'm aware of is Xigbar's sniping mode got modified.

[​IMG]

And similar censorships happen in Yugioh as well, kind of annoys me really. Most of them I can't see the point of. But at the same time they are also minor enough that there isn't a real sense of us missing anything.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

Teen rating would be interesting, that's for sure. They could have slightly darker themes i guess, give us a more suspenseful ending to the xehanort saga, then have a dramatic battle at the end of it.

8. Arch Mana Knight

Hopefully as long as it's not unreasonable. We don't really even need blood in Kingdom Hearts because of the enemies fought in it. I think I heard that in Port Royale in KH2 there was some blood in a scene or in combat but I'm not sure. There's nowhere really to add blood in the series.

However for other things...like just simply darker themes. *Shrug* I guess it could work out. I don't exactly associate Kingdom Hearts with "dark" outside of BBS.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

There was blood related to the cursed medalions. And there is also an alcohol reference in Port Royal as Barbosa chugs a bottle of rum. I'm pretty sure that without Port Royal they could have dropped the "10+" from the rating

10. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

it would be more interesting, more sora X kairi, more fun, and i dont see why not since KHI was E and KHII was E 10+, KHIII could be Teen

11. Glen Returned from the dead

Oh using the logic that as the main characters get older, the ratings get suited for older people?

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

It would be interesting to see a Teen rated KH game, but I seriously doubt it since Disney wouldn't allow it. Besides, I don't care about the ratings, as long as I get the game, I'm good.