Dream Drop Distance If Kingdom Hearts games have different endings and events depending on what you do?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Shikou, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Lets say you are playing a Kingdom Hearts game for the first time and you see the ending, Then you pick up the game again with a new game save data and you get a different ending then before because you've done somethings differently?
    Or how about, you do things that can effect the future of a character. For example, in Parasite Eve II you have to fight a boss within a certain time limit or you have to defeat it a certain way, if you dont a character you need later in the game will not be there because that character died.
    Another example, in Silent Hill 1 to have a perfect ending (also known as Good End +) you have to save everyone and do a some type of side quest and find something around the first half of the game to save a character much later in the game but you cant go back to find it at that time in the game no matter what.
    Would this make future Kingdom Hearts games more interesting?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I like the idea of different endings in games, just not for KH games. It just doesn't sound right. However, didn't Re:Coded have something like that in the Castle Oblivion level?

3. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

No, Chain of Memories is basically 2 games in 1 in both GBA original and PS2 remake. You play as Riku after you finish Sora's story.
    There is only 1 ending to each story in that game.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I'm talking about Re:Coded, not Chain of Memories!

5. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I like this idea. It would make the game more interesting and give people more of a reason to replay them over and over.
    It would also add to the RPG feel of the game.

6. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

My bad, as for Coded I believe they did for the worlds but not for the final ending of the game (secret endings doesn't count).
    (re:Coded and re:CoM look the same to me when I read too fast. Again sorry dude.)

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Becuase I remember that in the final level (Castle Oblivion) you get to visit rooms with characters from other worlds, and there were 3 possible scenarios to complete each room. But yeah, that's the closest KH got to the "different endings" thing you were talking about.

8. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Yeah I remember that. It was interesting but the one thing about games with multiple endings is that it makes sequels very weird.

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I like this idea, sure, but not for Kingdom Hearts. As Ace said, it would make strained for the games that came after.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

That's why I'm against them. But if it's a minor point in the game where the plot wouldn't be drastically affected by your choices, then I'm fine with it, just like the Castle Oblivion level in Re:Coded.

11. Arch Mana Knight

Not if they keep only one ending canon. A pretty good example that I can think of is Prince of Persia: Warrior Within and the game that came after it, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.

In one ending, if you don't collect all the health upgrades and get a special weapon, you end up killing a side character and the Prince loses a medallion he had that allowed him to control time. In the true ending, you save that character instead because now you have a weapon that can actually hurt some godlike being so you end up killing that instead.

When the sequel came around, the narration mentioned the wrong ending but then said, "But that's not how it happened." then explained the real ending. ...So yeah, alternate endings just mean that only one will be picked to be the true ending.

Type-0 does something too...
    The ending I think is canon has pretty much everyone in the main cast dying except Rem and Machina. It's sad and emotional and there's a little epilogue. Probably easier to do a sequel off such an emotional ending compared to...

The alternate ending has everybody alive and back in their school. It seems like the events of the game never happened because characters who died before the ending are still alive. Everyone's happy and there's some moderate school drama going on. Feels like the plot of some kind of anime.

Still...even with alternate endings being easy to work around as long as there's a sequel(I hate it when there's no set ending), it might not really fit in with how Kingdom Hearts is. It wouldn't feel right.

12. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

I suppose that would be nice, but this only works for one-time games, KH Will Have sequels, so it could never work, Unless you are talking about , the small details like Loosing/wining the fight with Setzer.

13. Glen Returned from the dead

Having played multiple games with the different endings like you've said, it does make sequels..very difficult. For example, Fable 2 at the end i think you get the choice to sacrifice a heap of people for a large sum of gold, yet in fable 3 if you HAD chosen that choice, it's not even mentioned, it makes you sound like a hero instead. It just doesn't make sense sometimes, so i'm kinda against it for KH games because i like the one awesome ending they give at the end of each game.

Another thing, why is this in the KH 3D section? XD

14. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Like Silent Hill? Silent Hill games have different endings depending on what you do in the game

15. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

I like the idea, especially for characters like Riku, would fit more but in KH III it would be nice if you could decide the fate of each world, which would lead to betrayal or just being a downright *******, like one of the endings is that all of the worlds are left in chaos except Destiny Island, or we could do it in a Mass Effect type of way where the more bad decisions you make the more you look like Xehanort (grayish hair, yellow eyes, darker skin) But I doubt that would ever happen, it'll just always stay in my imagination *sigh*

16. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Different endings, huh? I would like to see one in KHIII like
    they all die defeating Xehanort with the exception of Sora and Kairi, like the ending of Type-0. Such emotion.

That would be a good alternate ending. I'm still thinking of other ideas.

17. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

That would be nice, make it like Mass Effect and make them have loyalty missions, the more loyal they are too you the more chance's of surviving, I like that!

18. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

Well...

Well, for me, games with different endings (like silent hill) or an open ending (like the movie inception), are games and movies without an ending. Why? Because if there are many endings, there isn't a true ending.
    I don't think that kingdom hearts would be as great as it is now with differents endings. Other games too, like The world ends with you.
    I really don't want kh or twewy to have more than one ending.
    BUT! If there isn't something like, you fail in a mission and appear an different ending, but when this ending end, it shows you the game over screen and than you can try again,IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC! =D