How do you get your music?

Discussion in 'Music' started by SushiKey, Aug 6, 2017.

1. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

What sources do you get your music from? CD, streaming (such as Spotify or iHeartRadio), downloading (from a place like iTunes or other sources), or how?

I use Spotify some, but I kinda like iHeartRadio. I started using it recently for their original stations (stations exclusive to the platform that originate from an HD Radio subchannel of a random radio station in the US). I don't know, I guess I just like the radio platform. I used to use Pandora some and might go back to it someday.

As for Spotify, I have a free Premium account through my brother's family subscription, but I don't really use it that much because I can never make up my mind on what to put in a playlist. It's all good music, but some I like more than others at certain times, and I'll hate certain music at certain times. I guess I'm just picky! D:

2. Arch Mana Knight

Oh wow. Figured this would have had a response by now. Anyway, lately I've been getting my music almost exclusively from CDs because I don't want to rely on my internet service to give me music and things like Spotify don't have everything I want.

3. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

True, true. Spotify is very good for someone who cannot afford to buy songs at $1.29 a pop too, even the Premium membership is not that bad.

Still a good way to get music.

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I either buy it off iTunes cause I like to support the creators (since I mostly listen to musicals it's important for me to give them my money) but other then that I actually like to listen to a lot of cover artists (shout out to Jayn) and so if they have a place where you can purchase it like through Patreon or ITunes etc I'll buy them, but if they don't have that set up for their song I'll just down it

5. cstar stay away from my waifu

I usually buy through Amazon or Google Play Store. Sometimes patrons will release their stuff for dl if you have a pledge going and I get some music on my playlists through those too. Admittedly though, if I've already bought the MP3 before and have lost the file, I tend to DL off of youtube. As well as if an artist just, doesn't have a download link to buy their stuff or download it (I find myself asking before I do lately though). There's also just... songs I can't BUY without going through shady dealings because of region locks and a LOT of my favorite artists are region locked.

It's kind of hard to resist the temptation of youtube to mp3 converters since they're so easy to find and use lately. And there's so many of them that even if one gets shut down, another usually pops up and takes it's place. I'm not really here to talk about the morality of youtube converters since we've all heard it before. But I personally will find a way to usually support the artist if I can't do it through obtaining their music properly... and unfortunately it's still a problem.

6. Trigger hewwo uwu

I rely on Spotify and Google Play Music. Streaming is wonderful and convenient, but I do get frustrated when these services don't have an album or artist I'm looking for. That doesn't happen very often, though.

7. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

Especially since more artists are lightening up to Spotify and other services.

8. 61 No. B

i hoist the colors and then buy CDs. have about 100 CDs and buy when I can.

9. JosephY214 Moogle Assistant

I just use Spotify now.

10. Akhil Aggarwal Moogle Assistant

Currently Spotify is in trend

11. kingdomheartsgeek Traverse Town Homebody

I listen to my music on youtube, and if i'm able to i buy a CD since physical media is my preferred medium. However i have bought some music of bandcamp, which mainly consist of synthwave.

I dont have spotify or any other streaming services at the moment

12. Styx That's me inside your head.

I never really got into Spotify and usually just have a YouTube playlist playing in the background these days. I still buy CDs like the dinosaur that I am, but usually only after a live gig that I particularly liked.