Harry Potter Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Marluxia55, May 30, 2007.

?

Did The Last Book Of Harry Potter Satisfy you or not ?

1. Yes it did

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Maybe

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. havent read it

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Misty gimme kiss

omfg, that made me laugh so hard. I got this image in my head of Harry digging the ground up with his bare hands screaming "DOBBY! DOBBY!"

I was unimpressed, to say the least, by the 7th book. 6th > all.

2. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

I love your respect toward the dead. xD Dobby made me cry to some extent in my mind.

IN FACT: *SPOILER*:I only read the series in hopes of a dead Harry Potter. I screwed the pooch on that one.

3. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

This thread is full of spoilers XD

Seriously, I cried for a long time over Dobby. He was one of my favorite characters and I was very sad to see him go. :( I really respect the scene of Harry digging Dobby's grave. It's very emotional and shows how much Harry cared about Dobby.

4. Absol Hollow Bastion Committee

5. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

SPOILER! Like BIG TIME. Seriously, leave this thread if you haven't finished the 7th book.

It made me cry the most when Fred died. :cryinganime:

6. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Me too! I cried the most when I closed the book though. I was so sad to see it end. I didn't really like the epilogue though.

7. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ok i finally figured out what the fetus thing was while Harry and Dumbledore were talking when he was "dead" lol XXD
    The only people i ever cried over in the WHOLE series was just Sirius and Hedwig lol
    and GOD Ginny annoys me i like her in the book, but in the movie.... her face just seems to FAT for her own good aint she supposed to be like the babe of the school?

8. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

I just didn't like the seventh book in general. I understand that the story has to be darker due to the second war between Voldemort and the Order of the Phoenix, but come on.

I think the Order of the Phoenix is the best one yet. I loved how Harry united his peers into a rebellious group.

9. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

*Spoiler* I cried when Snape died. He totally owned that facker I call myself. That was the only time I got close to crying.

10. Hyuga Ricdeau Merlin's Housekeeper

*Spoilars*
    Finished reading it. xD Well, 1 thing that made me confused is that they said the invinsible cloak is able to penetrate any kind of magic, but then Moody's eye can saw through that cloak... :/

11. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Moody's eye can see the Invisible Cloak cause his eye is magical.

...or one of those uber genetic eyes passed on from generation to generation. xD

12. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

Harry was too annoying in the book though and Dolores Umbridge was a bloody cow, I would have loved to have seen her get tortured by the Centaurs in person.

13. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

out of all the stupid ways ol' voldy could have died... it just HAD to be a friggin backfire.... <_<
    i was sitting there w/ my mouth open and the only words that came out were "WHAT.... THE..... FREAK... WAS THAT!?!"

T_T deeply disappointed....

DID U ALL KNOW THAT THEY ARE SPLITTING THE LAST HP MOVIE IN 2.... HP & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1 WILL BE IN THEATERS IN 2010... AND HP & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS (PART 2) WILL BE OUT IN 2011..... <_< i read it in the newspaer today...

ditto... <_<

14. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Besides the constant Wizard Angst (watch Potter Pals if you don't get it), I think that's what alot of teenagers would do anyway. We have to remember the characters are still human, though Voldemort is an exception, and are not completely immune to the harsh realities of the world.

...actually, I want to see Dolores Umbridge get the stuffing knocked out of her by the Golden Trio.

15. Ravenyuki Traverse Town Homebody

SPOILER BELOW:

I was surprised by many things in this book. I was shocked when:
    Fred died
    Lupin died
    Tonks died
    The part where Harry was talking to Dumbledore was strange. I think the epilogue was good enough. It gave the book a cheerful ending. I somehow knew that Ron and Hermione would end up together. Overall, I'm not suffering from Harry Potter withdrawal anymore! This book did satisfy me.

16. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

Best Harry Potter book ever.

Believe it or not, before I was obsessed with Riku, I obsessed with Harry Potter. It's true.

Anyway, the last horcrux suprised me. I did not see that coming. As for seeing the movie, I'd rather not. They ruined the 5th book with the movie. I'm sorry, but the 5th movie was horrible. I will probably see it when it comes out, but not everyone will enjoy it, I know that for a fact.

17. Arch Mana Knight

lol...uber bump...I loved the book but some things ****ed me off.
    1. The most awesome character in the HP universe died(Snape)
    2. Peter's life debt was repaid but...come on! I wanted a little more...
    3. Lupin and Tonks died...it made me sad...
    Can't wait to read the HP prequel(JK did make one!) and watch the other movies(book 7 is split into two movies...haha).

18. Sara Tea Drinker

Nope, never did, never will...

Too frigging long of a middle, I feel like seeing to a certain part of the first one, and then skipping to the near end of the second because I hated it so much.

No answers, yes, we know what happened to blah blah blah... But too many holes for me to be the least bit satisfied. It was sad.

19. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

no. I absolutely hated 5-7...J.K. realized that her fans and other people would pretty much eat anything she gave out...it was so bad compared to the other ones...the 6th was BORRRRINGGGG and the 5th...who cares if Harry is getting all angsty? from 1-5, 5 was the longest book and we had to deal with emo-ness on the way...

the 7th's final battle was terrible...and
    *SPOILER ALERT*
    *AGAIN, SPOILER ALERT*

everyone friggin died! And they didnt get death scenes either! Harry goes back into hogwarts, and sees Lupin and Tonks lying side by side...AND THEY KILLED FRED! (or george) WTF IS UP WITH THAT?>!!?!?!!?

In terms of favorites, it would be this:

4th, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 6th....

(from best to worst)

20. pirateking_luffy Banned

the book satisfided me a somewhat.well i guess the epilouge was what pissed me off alot.i mean,she left is wide open for other people to go on with and i was like'what the f***,why the bloody hell <(fav quote of ron's)would she leave it open for other people to ruin it with a sub series.

and all of the deaths in the book pissed me off to.so many people dead.one of the twins(can't remember which one)death was like random to me.

SPOILERS
    and i hated dobys death the most.i mean,he died by getting stabbed.everyone else got a quick and painless death and he got slow and painful.come on rowling,you can do better then that.