Hacker Group Anonymous Aims to Destroy Facebook on Nov. 5

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Kubo, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yes, agreed.

If it is true, just like when PSN, Sony, Nintendo, and SEGA were hacked, they'll be back online eventually.

2. Arch Mana Knight

I don't even get why they're doing pointless stuff like this. I hope this group gets taken down. They have no real reason to support what they're doing an the methods in which they are trying to achieve their goals are destructive and illegal. Trying to "stick it" to large businesses is completely stupid. I don't get how anyone could support them. >> How would you guys feel if they attacked KHV and managed to completely wreck the site beyond repair? Meh. In either case, Facebook wouldn't be down too long. >>

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

These guys are my heros for this. I don't care if Facebook comes back up within who-knows-how-much-time, if they actually take it down for a good day or something, I will love them.

Did I happen to mention that I hate Facebook with a passion?

4. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Even if they do succeed [which I have every faith that they will], it's not like Facebook won't be back up in a matter of hours after. And what's the point anyway? Only the most pointless information is kept on Facebook, no one puts serious stuff up there - so I just assume that they're doing it for the lulz. [bless them]

Oh well, we'll se what happens.

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I hate losing posts.

This does not sound like the kind of thing that Anonymous would do. There is a faint, faint chance that Facebook's history might anger them strongly, but I suspect this is a ploy by people who would love for it to happen. I have seen this video before, and it did not convince me then. Someone waving Anonymous' flag does not mean that it is going to happen. Anonymous does not usually give warnings like this. If they did this, I will be very surprised and somewhat pleased. Until then, I will assume that this is a fake as it does not fit Anonymous' M.O. to a T. Unlikely.

6. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

LOL V for Vendetta based plot. All the best for their efforts.

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

And that is precisely why it sounds like a fake. Anonymous is not usually the kind of group to make direct references to V For Vendetta; their fans are.

8. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

First of all you mention those SEGA forums way too much. Please stop it because it is getting annoying.

Anyway anonymous isn't a bunch of noobs who just say they can hack. They are the real deal and are very capable of doing this. The reason they gave the date out if that is true is because they know they won't be stopped.

It is how anonymous works.

Anonymous didn't do all of the stuff with Sony. Other groups did.

Truth be told if they wanted it to be gone they would make it happen.

9. libregkd -

10. C This silence is mine

That's just the thing though, Anonymous isn't a "set" group or anything. Which is why there's such a varrying between all the different hacks and such they do, because its not the same people who's participating as the last time. It's literally just someone posting a "Hey guys, let's hack *insert name of place here*!!", which means anyone can decide how the message should look and that's why it's not certain that it's fake. I suppose we'll have to wait and see though.

11. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Incorrect, or not these days. They are not a set group, but they do have core members that exist until they step down or have people replace them. They have tendencies and dislike it when others claim to do things in their name. If different groups do each hack, then how are they the all Anonymous, other than by claiming the name?

12. C This silence is mine

Oh I knew that they had some sort of website, I remember visiting it once, but it's not like that's all of Anonymus or close to it. Anonymus is still all those random people on 4chan, isn't that why they usually post those "How to DDOS" and "Aim your beam at tumblr!" on /b/? Anonymus doesn't have any leaders, it's just random people who are not known and anyone can be part of it. Anyone can start an operation on /b/ just out of the blue and tell people that on "this and this date we'll be hacking this and this guy" Y'know? It's not like it's fake or anything because in essence Anonymous doesn't have any sort of structure. Or at least that's how I've gathered it, some people pretend they're the leaders, but there's really only random bored nerds who have nothing better to do, rite?

13. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

They don't have leaders per say but they do have people high up in the rankings so to speak.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Ah, really? Anonymous is not really based out of 4chan, they are more of an IRC based operation. You might have heard the expression, "Anonymous is not your personal army." This comes as a result of people who go on 4chan and ask them to take down sites without reasons. Without the main group of people to decide on targets, nothing happens on a large scale or under the Anonymous name. They are neither website nor image board based. My thread on one of their escapades shows the kind of structure that they are prone to using more clearly, if you are up to reading it.

15. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

They were formed from 4chan in 2003.

16. C This silence is mine

Even though they might not be BASED in 4chan or something like that it has been adapted there and I have seen operations being advertised there quite a lot. As long as there's enough interest and reasoning behind "hacking" a thing (really just DDOSing) then they can get it to work using only 4chan. It still wouldn't be "false" since Anonymous are anon and anyone can be part of it per se. Let's take this Facebook thing. Let's pretend it's fake and it was just posted on 4chan by some random person. Does that mean it can't happen? He put reasoning behind it for one. There's also the whole fact that most of the people who visit /b/ are basement dwellers who don't have any friends, it's logical for them to have a grudge against Facebook, isn't it? I'm pretty sure they will be able to get a moderatly gang of people to aim their lazors at facebook when the time comes and isn't that really all that it takes? It's an anonymous operation, we don't know who the members are and they are aiming their lazors and stuff. Calling it fake seems a bit weird to me.

Edit: About your other thread, it's too late for me to even consider reading it atm, might do it tomorrow...

17. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

It has been a long time since I have seen anything started on the boards taken seriously, but I digress. Starting there does not change the state of things.
    Well... I see Anonymous as a political activist party. I respect the group whose tendencies I can see. Others claiming to be the same as the group that did these things annoy me. They are anonymous, but they are distinguished individuals. Having no leaders and having no identifiable personality are very different things to me. The spirit of Anonymous is important to the name.

18. Llave Superless Moderator

I thought the end of the world wasn't until next year? Hahaa. I doesn't surprise as to what they are saying. I can see Facebook selling info to the Government, or even FBI or some computer group in the government using it for info. That's kinda scary... I have nothing that i put on facebook that i regret, but it is interesting... i wonder how the world will cope?

But they are prolly broadcasting so everyone goes on. It will make it easier to crash it, and harder to detect so they won't get caught.

They may be out for Twitter next, so be ready!

19. libregkd -

20. Makaze Some kind of mercenary