Film Godzilla Legendary Pictures

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by John Clay Rice, Aug 6, 2013.

1. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I know I asked this before but if you're a Godzilla fan what's your reaction to the Reboot?

2. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

I'm pretty excited for it, actually.
    Even if it turns out really bad, at least we'll still get to see Godzilla in glorious modern graphics, and I'm pretty excited for that.
    So it's impossible to lose here.
    My body is ready.

3. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

It will be better than that Awful Roland Emmerich movie.

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

This one website I am a part of seems to be really hyped for it. But how do I feel about it? Well...

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

New Godzilla trailer. I. AM. HYPED.

[​IMG]

6. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

In this version Walter White suffers an accident in his meth lab, transforming a peacefull cnemdophorus in the TERRIBLE t-rox Godzilla! To ensure his family survival he alies himself with the government to stop this terrible beast >_<!
    Yankees don't you get it that godzilla is one of the good guys? They should change his name to GOODzilla:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wish that at the very end Godzilla saved a child from the TRUE EVIL MONSTER FROM SPACE >(! Godzilla came to protect the pure heart japonese children living at NY.

---

Truth be told, I think they are only re-doing Godzilla again because they didn't get the rights of " Earth Defense Widow"
    [​IMG]
    She protect us from the terrible Kaijus:
    [​IMG]

If only they did't had a side effect on her:

Doctor "You are a magnificent pervert" *Dies*

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

Oh man a couple people know my obsession with Godzilla and I am just... AH!

It looks fantastic for what it is. I liked Pacific Rim so I was already really excited to see how Legendary would go about Godzilla and this trailer doesn't seem to disappoint at all. He's friggin HUGE though. That is fine though, I'm not mad about that. I'm not mad about anything

Also I don't know if many casual Godzilla fans know about this, but they got Akira Takarada to appear in this new film (you know, the guy who was in the FIRST Godzilla movie and was the most reocuring actor?) so I feel like this one has an appropriate bridge towards America.

It's only a trailer and I have the feeling this is going to be excellent. Ugh I can't wait!

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Akira Takarada?! REALLY?! OH SWEET!!

Fun fact, this version of Godzilla is the largest yet! I believe his full height, if I recall correctly, is about 140 meters!

Also, it is agreed: people are hyped for Godzilla!

[​IMG]

9. 61 No. B

I've never seen a Godzilla movie in my life and I probably won't see this one, it's just not my thing, but I saw the trailer the day it came out and thought it was amazing. The visuals were stunning.

10. Hayabusa Venomous

This looks hella promising. I loved Pacific Rim even with its generic writing and paper-thin characters, because it truly understood how to show the scale of enormous creatures, be they mechanical or organic. Hopefully this reboot of Godzilla will pack a compelling plot with the giant lizard's escapades.

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Mkay, listen....

...LISTEN.

I GREW UP WITH KAIJU MOVIES. GREW. UP. WITH. I always rented a bunch at the local video store and watched them with the VCR I bought with my own money for my room. I always rooted for the monster and didn't tell anyone because I thought it was some big sin. I've seen every Godzilla, Gamara, and much more. Believe me, I'm into it. It's no secret why I loved Pacific Rim so much.

So lemme just say I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE IN THEATERS IS IT SUMMER YET AAAAHHH

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

...He pulls the spitting high tension wires down.

13. Arch Mana Knight

It disturbs me to no end that there's so many comments about killing Godzilla. Atom Bombs don't do shit against Godzilla. Why would bombs or missiles with millions of times less firepower be able to kill him? And then there are the Pacific Rim fans. Godzilla would eat Jaegers for breakfast and still be hungry for Japan.

That being said, all the excite. All of it.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I had no idea they were remaking Godzilla... but now I am excited. I have always been meaning to watch the original films because classics and all but that trailer just looked amazing. Not to mention the cast, Ken Watanabe was brilliant in Inception so no doubt he'll be awesome in this and Bryan Cranston (I have never seen Breaking Bad but I grew up with Malcolm in the Middle) and he just amuses me so much.

There are so many films this year coming out that I am excited for... oh dear.

15. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Yeah, Godzilla would destroy the Jaegers. Not only that but Godzilla in this movie is canonically bigger then any Jaeger or Kaiju in PR (he's about 350 feet high).

16. Hayabusa Venomous

The new trailer only serves to instill more hope in me that the new film will do the monster justice. The cast looks great, the sound and visual design look great, the dedication to showing just how massive and powerful Godzilla is is great, and that roar.

2014's looking good.

17. burnitup Still the Best 1973

[reposting after a conversation with Ienzo]

Well, this is probably one of my favorite ads for the movie I've seen because of how surreal it is. Godzilla is a pretty cool guy. You guys see any funny/weird ads for the new Godzilla movie.

Also, some gifs which come from the because Ienzo found them amusing and I feel like sharing with you guys. It's topic related! :D
    Godzilla Snickers 1.gif Godzilla Snickers 2.gif

This meme will never not be funny.

18. cstar stay away from my waifu

Oh man everytime I see the Snickers commercial I snicker(ha, I didn't mean for that pun). And the .gifs are too funny, I've never seen those before.

What I really like about the snickers commercial is that they aired it during the Oscars. If that isn't promotion I don't know what is. I really want Godzilla to do well and hear people talking about it other than the people I usually hear talking about it.

I didn't talk about the new trailer too much on the Internet because... I have previously said my family are huge Godzilla fans...so I talk about it every other conversation. But I am still super excited about it!

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

One of the original teaser for the film included the Oppenheimer quote of the Hindu scripture, ever since people had been making gifs of scenes of Godzilla in his more silly moments (especially from the Showa era).

"Snickers would like to remind you all watching the Oscars that we put more production effort into this commercial for Godzilla then the entirety of then most the nominated."

Me and my folks are going to go see it! Trying to convince my mom to see it in IMAX. Anyone else going to see it in IMAX?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  20. cstar stay away from my waifu

oooooooooooooooo yes~ although that focus on the dog made by eye twitch because I really do not need to see another one of these movies where we want to know if boomer the dog will survive. It's great though other then that small thing.