God-Emperor of Man vs Enoch: Deadliest Warrior

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Princess Celestia, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Rules:

For those of you who have not seen the show Deadliest Warrior: Its a way of comparing two warriors who have never met on the battle field, and comparing them against eachother in a fair and reasonable way and in turn figuring out who is the deadliest.

I dont want this thread to boil down to "Well ______ is stronger than _____ because he's epic!" It would be more reasonable to list thier powers and abilities and limitations. Its good to point out your weaknesses in your oponents abilities. Also, source any material you post. For example, don't say, "_____ is imortal because he can't be killed!" but instead, "_____ is importal because on chapter xxxx of part xxxx he did this, and revealed he couldn't be killed.

In this matchup:
    We will pit two fighters of godlike status.

On one hand, we have from the realm of Warhammer 40,000, the greatest human to ever exist, the God-Emperor of Mankind. A truly remarkable figure, leading The Great Crusade to purge the entire universe of Chaos, and any other threat which emerges from outside the realm of man. He is the embodiment of the souls of over 1,000 Psykers, or psychic warriors, who is granted immortality due to his immense psychic power. Cloning himself to create the great Primarchs, and later, the Space Marines, he set about in motion the most powerful war-machine in the Warhammer Universe.

On the other hand, we have Enoch the warrior priest. A man chosen by God for his pure heart. He battles fallen angels, in an attempt to save the world. (Sorry, El Shaddai wiki was kinda obscure.)

In this Match up we will test:
    Physical Combat: Who has the better physical abilities?
    Supernatural Abilities: Who has better magical and psychic powers?
    Toughness: Who can survive taking more damage?
    Intellect: Who is the better tactician?
    Feats of Strength: What did they accomplish that is beyond the reach of others?
    Misc. X Factors: Anything I might have missed.

Special Note:
    Unlike previous Deadliest Warrior threads, I will actually encourage a cross examination. This is something apparent in the actual show, but not in any of the threads.

What I want from a cross-examination: When someone post a characters ability, skill, weapon, and how it works, I want you to theorize as to how the person you are more familiar with will deal with the said situation. Will they be able to evade it? Will their armor take it? Ect.

Please, be objective. I only want to see which character would win in a battle based upon the lore, not who's the better debater. All forum rules apply. So far the game has been civil, I hope this can continue with the cross-examination phase added.

2. Arch Mana Knight

8DDDDD I'm curious as to why you chose Enoch. Anyways, I'll be defending Enoch!

Physical Combat: Alright, on this I'm not sure what I should say for Enoch. The game doesn't explain how he turns from scholar to badass warrior instantly. However, he does beat down four Angels. How powerful are these Angels? They truly are the equivalent of gods you'd find in God of War or any other video game where "gods" are mentioned. I'm not kidding. I'll mention this more in detail later but Angels are pretty much immortal. They've lived longer than the God Emperor since they've existed before life did. It's been said a few times through the games that they are pretty badass at fighting when they want to be. They've been around since before Earth ever existed so I'm pretty sure that they've had plenty of time to master any fighting skills they'd want over millions of years. And Enoch beat four of these guys.

Supernatural Abilities: Wanna know why the full title of the game is "El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron"? El Shaddai means Lord Almighty or God Almighty. The Metatron is known as one of the closest angels to God and is the voice of the big guy himself. You know all those Biblical stories of how God spoke to people? That was the Metatron, not God himself. Guess what else. I've done research and it turns out that Enoch is the Metatron. Of course, this took me hours to find out and I don't know why the game has it in the title if it's only implied there that this game is Enoch's ascension to being a "top-tier" angel.

Anyways, it's said in the game that he awesome powers. Apparently, and I'm not sure about this, he used those powers to obliterate something entirely using some sort of fancy DRILL FROM THE HEAVENS. This "something" was a Nephilim that ate an Angel and had become even stronger than one! It was about as big as a skyscraper and it gets one-shotted by a freaking drill-laser thing. I dunno. It was trippy. Eh.

Did I mention that the leader of the angels backs up Enoch in fights? Using Uriel's powers you can completely wreck anything in sight. Yeah, Enoch's awesome.

Toughness: ...Enoch's tough but I don't think I can come up with godlike displays of him tanking damage. Er...he survived some stuff in this corrupted place that overpowered an Angel if that counts for anything. Oh! And God granted him immortality and stuff. EDIT: Oh and as I mentioned at the end, he has awesome heavenly armor. Guess that counts for something.

Intellect: Enoch was Heaven's scribe. He has access to knowledge no human could ever attain. He's written hundreds or thousands of books in his time in Heaven. The opening scene shows him amongst these books and in the middle of writing another like as if it's some trivial task for the guy. Later on in the story as stuff goes for a futuristic turn, Enoch doesn't seem to be so surprised and acts naturally when interacting with a motorcycle when he came from pre-Biblical times! Maybe he has knowledge of the future!

Feats of Strength: You know those Angels I mentioned earlier? The godlike ones? He defeated four. What's so impressive? They're so powerful they can alter reality itself and cover the Earth's sky in a veil that can shield them from the sight of God. Not just any god, I mean GOD. Said God being the one that can make Zeus, Odin, and all those other wussies look like little girls crying for their mommies. That God. You know who Zeus, Odin, and said wussies are comparable to? Angels. Not only did the Angels screw around with reality by making some sort of space distortion to hide their central...hub thing. That "central hub thing" was a giant freaking tower and a city surrounding it. A whole city. How big is the tower? Seven floors, each about the size of a city. The Angels made it themselves. What else could they do? Advance evolution. They managed to get pre-Biblical civilization to advance so far that their own technology surpassed our own in a matter of less than 300 years.

They're not even physically weak either. They're obviously really strong. So strong that they can shatter armor with their bare hands. Not even regular armor either, armor that surpasses anything that can ever be made by humans! So the fact that Enoch beat down four of these guys(and never once showed fatigue or injury afterwards) is pretty damn awesome.

Misc. X Factors: You know how I mentioned armor earlier and tried hyping it up? Well that's because Enoch uses the "Wisdom of God". Which is pretty much everything he uses in the game. He wears armor made in Heaven, obviously it's badass. His weapons are specifically said to surpass anything humans can ever achieve. They truly are technology beyond that of anything mortals can create. To be honest, the weapons really do look badass. Even though there's only three.

3. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I chose Enoch because he is the only "Godlike" entity I ever heard in fiction capable of taking on the God-Emperor. But I won't debate, I'll let a 40k player take it up. :)

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Coming up with info for Pre-Golden Throne Emprah was hard... I'm doing my best here...

Physical Combat:

I'm not gonna lie, I found little info on the Emperor's Combat abilites. From what I've read he was a warrior of unfathomable skill and physical might (being as old as he is, he must be). In battle he welded a Power Sword and a Power Fist (that had claws!) that were both rather powerful (how powerful I don't know, again info on pre-life support was hard). However considering that Space Marines are all humans with Primarch DNA in them making them super soliders that are weaker then the Primarchs, and the Primarchs are weaker clones of the Emperor, it is safe to assume that the Emperor is really frickin' strong.

Supernatural Abilities:

It is established that the Emperor is pretty much the most powerful psyker alive, humbling even the eldar, and whilst upon the Golden Throne he guides the light of the Astronomicon, basically a lighthouse in the warp. The Emperor is so powerful that he could destroy suns (no, I am not kindding). It is his own psychic keeping all the horrors of the warp where they're supposed to be and not spilling over into reality and make the lives of all human beings miserable.

His will is omnipotent, extending across the million worlds that comprise his Imperium. It is said that even after being placed on the Golden Throne he continues to guide humanity through his Tarot, and through dreams and visions given to selected individuals. It is also popularly believed in the Imperium that he created the warp storm known as the Storm of the Emperor's Wrath during the Age of Apostasy.

In addition to these already profound powers, the Emperor is capable of stopping time for undetermined lengths.

Toughness:

Again, hard to find. But I did find out is that he wears golden Terminator Armor, which is likely to be more powerful then the standerd Terminator Armor of Space Marines. Again, like before, he is probably really tough.

Intellect:

The Emperor is very old, apparently born 8000 B.C in Anatolia, making him a Proto-Sumerian probably. In that time he has likely picked up on various things such as various scientific fields and military tactics. The Emperor has prooved to be a skilled tactician, having likely fought in wars in the past and even latter in his life such as The Great Crusade. The Emperor is also a brillent scientist, having been able to create clones of himself, genetically altered warriors and even the Astronomicon (which allows simplier and safer travel through the Warp).

Feats of Strength:

It should be noted that the Emperor was a large threat (if the largest) to the Chaos Gods, so much so that he was one of the few things that the Chaos Gods would work together to fight (which is really, really, really rare).

The Emperor also managed to re-unite humanity.

Even in his vegetable state (His existence is said to be an unending torment in said state) his every thought is enslaved to the task of ruling, guiding and protecting his race. Ultimately it is only his will to endure that allows him to survive, as he knows his death would lead to the destruction of the Imperium and leave mankind without the guidance it needs to survive.

Misc. X Factors:

I'm not sure what to add here... :sweatdrop:

[​IMG]

5. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Burnitup, forgive me. I should've been more clear. The era of the God-Emperor I envisioned was at the begining of the Horus Heracy. Its his "prime". Feats after that (such as maintaining the emporium psychically by means of the golden throne) really shouldn't count.

Also Machina, I ca you source where he is confirmed to be the metatron?

6. Arch Mana Knight

FFFFF- Damn. I knew the guy was godlike but holy crap. In El Shaddai the Lucifel(otherwise known as Lucifer) is able to stop time with the snap of his fingers so I'm not sure if "Metatron Enoch" would be capable of doing the same...It's implied Enoch has vast powers but aside from what I like to call THE DRILL OF GOD, you don't really see Enoch use godlike powers of his own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metatron Just Ctrl+F "Enoch", highlight those, and you'll see plenty of references to him being assumed to be the Metatron. Oh and fun fact, even though none of the Books of Enoch are in the Bible, all four writers of the New Testament seem to have influence from it and one or twice mention Enoch. Proof the Bible is incomplete! Of course a simple history lesson would make that obvious.

EDIT: Also, some Googling(lol) would bring some more proof in if you aren't satisfied with Wiki. There's only so much research I can do on something that doesn't even benefit me!

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Opps, sorry about that. But still, it shows just how powerful he is if he can still influance the Imperium when techically brain dead. Sorry, do you wish for me to edit the parts that are saying he is on the Golden Throne?

8. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Nah its cool. Your point is valid. But, ill clarify both sides when I get a chance to get on the comp. This posting via phone isn't practical.

Also, can you source the whole exploding of the sun? And I see how the Emperor is related to the Primarchs and Space Marines, but can you help me appreciate the Emperors strenghs more plainly? I mean, how strong are the Primarchs? Also, you said he's in Terminator Armor, but honstly, I don't know how terminator armor is distict from normal marine armor. Heck, all I know about marine armor is its a type of powersuit. Forgive my ignorance.

@Machina: I will look up your sourced information. I don't mean to be rude, I just really know nothing about El Shaddai lore. I know a few things about Biblical Lore, but, I would hate to get them mixed up unnessisarily. Sorry if my last post was blunt. I was posting on my break at work. Time is off the essense when your on the clock.

9. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I think it was in the Horus Heresy books. I got the supernova blast from the seond post of this thread when doing my research: http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=239780

I could confirm eveything listed after the Supernova in other sources, but I wasn't too sure about it so I searched some more. I also saw it in the /tg/ wiki that mention it in one sentance, and another wiki mention it offhandedly. I've also discovered someother sites that put him against other fiction beings (shuch as Cthulhu, Superman, the Lich King, etc.) that brings it up. I'm assuming that it is infact canon.

As to how strong a Primarch is well... some Primarchs are stronger then others, how ever if I recall correctly one of the Primarchs (Konrad Cruz) dugged himself out of a planet's core when they were flung across the galaxy by Chaos. Leman Russ, Primarch of the Space Wolves, before he was discovered by the Emperor is said to have been able to turn back whole armies of the king he was following at time's enemies by himself without a scratch, to tear whole oak trees from the ground and snap them over his back, and to wrestle Fenrisian Mammoths to the ground.

Like power armour, Terminator suits have an outer shell of ceramite-bonded plates powered by electrically-motivated fibre bundles. Plates of heavy plasteel further armour the ceramite sections, especially on the front of the suit. This extra armouring provides a level of protection that is far superior to normal Marine armor; not even a Krak missile will penetrate the suit's breastplate. It also contributes to the immense weight of the suit, making the wearer less maneuverable and slower. External adamantium ribs help support this weight, while the inclusion of suspensors help the suit carry heavier support weapons. The Emperor's armor was highly customized and augmented, and do to his strength he was able to move in it normally, unlike Space Marines.

10. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

Wow... just wow...

Both of these characters are redculously overpowered. I've a feeling that the writers of 40k were kinda drunk when they wrote the Primarch digging hi way out of a planets core. Btw Machina, Primarchs are clones of the Emperor. And it is canonized fact that he was stronger than them. His power is suprisingly... cartoonish. x3

As for Enoch, he represents the pinacle of what can be considered "serious". Having the power of a God (deliberate capital "G"). Wow...

I'm actualy a little curious as to how each warrior would react t the others appearance. Who would attack first? Who would be defensive and offensive. How would each eact to the others weapon and tactics?

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I know right? This is going to be awesome!

However, the Emperor did get beat by Horus (Primarch of the Black Legion/Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves). However it was because Horus had the backing of all four Chaos Gods combinded with the fact that the Emperor didn't want to kill his favorite son. It wasn't until a lone warrior (sources say he was either an Ultramarine, a member of the Emperor's elite guard, or a lowly Imperial Guardsman. Fans insist it is the last one, because a human Guardsman standing up to a terrifying monster like Horus is more impressive and falls more in line with the spirit of the Guard than a fearless Marine or Custodes. Likewise, a Custodes or even a Marine might pose a legitimate threat to Horus, but a mere Guardsman...) then sees the Emperor's broken body and attacks Horus in a rage. Horus simply flays him with a glance. Which then causes the Emperor (who sees that Horus is irredeemable) to completely annihilate Horus' soul (Yes, the Emperor can destroy souls. This is the only documented time however).

This. Is. Going. To be. AWESOME!! :3

12. Princess Celestia Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

I don't feel confident making a decision myself. Would it be ok if I presented your case in the spamzone, and I asked for popular vote?

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I don't mind, Trollestia. :)

14. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Would now be a good time to point out that the Emperor sealed a C'Tan (basically a sentient sun and one of the beings that created the Necrons) inside of Mars single handedly?

15. Arch Mana Knight

Late reply to a VM you sent me but as for an important battle that Enoch is faced with...

He defeats and ends up utterly obliterating a Fire Nephillim. So what is a Nephillim? The offspring of a human and an angel. In the game's universe, they aren't supposed to exist and have some kind of twisted sense of self-preservation and stuff. They eat each other. When they do that, they get bigger and bigger. They also get stronger and if I remember correctly, there was concern by four ArchAngels following Enoch around that these Nephillim would be a viable threat to...well, everything. Enoch ends up fighting a Fire Nephillim which is basically an uber-Nephillim that's eaten a lot of others of its kind.

"Ohhhh. What's so bad about that?"

Turns out, the Nephillim overpowered and ate an Angel. So yeah, it was stronger than an Angel! In my first post where I mentioned the "God-drill"...well, that's where this comes into play and completely freaking DESTROYS IT. It was pretty trippy to be honest.

Oh and on the matter of souls and such...Enoch can do everything the Emperor can relating to destroying them and such. Why? Well, I can't vouch for the "God-drill" destroying a soul, though I'm pretty sure you've gotta admit that something like it is pretty damn badass, Enoch has access to weapons more advanced than the Emperor. One of which will "purify" a soul instantly just by touching the blade...which looks like some sort of blue glowy saw-lightsaber. Oh yeah, and Enoch's job on Earth was to "forcefully tear out their souls" and imprison the Angels who descended from Heaven for all eternity. Sadly he couldn't do that to all seven because one was eaten by a Fire Nephillim, another died soon after the descent to Earth, and another had his very soul obliterated by the descent to Earth. And strangely enough, Enoch goes through the entire story without really so much as a scratch.

Anyways, you can put it up for a vote but I don't think Enoch would get any votes. I'm really the only person on KHV who'd go for the guy. ; ;

EDIT: Also, by "purify a soul instantly" I'm still not sure what that means. It's never really explained but apparently it's really dangerous and it's something you wouldn't ever want to happen to you. Hell, Lucifel(who seems to be the strongest being in the story outside of God) warns against touching it and brushes off the subject of what purifying is by just kinda laughing. In any case, I'm sure it's completely awesome.

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

If I recall correctly, the C'Tan in question was the Void Dragon who is said to be the most powerful of the Star Gods.