Television Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ, Jun 4, 2014.

1. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

[I wasn't sure if there was a thread already made.]

So, seeing as Season 4 is going so crazy, I wanted to make this thread where we can rage discuss the show. And anyone's thoughts on what could be happening next, if you haven't already read the books that is haha.

Feel free to talk about past seasons too.

WARNING: Will most likely contain spoilers, so if you are not caught up, please try not to spoil it for yourself.

Also, one last thing, if you're going to be talking about the book, please put a spoiler tag labeled 'book' or mention it before you post your spoiler. Thanks!

2. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I recently started to watch GoT TV series and I like it, expect that I think that there are maybe too many sexual scene (I don't have problem with sex scenes, but find some too much exceeding, like the scene where the two prostitutes are doing every possible thing while lord Bealisch is talking, lol, it lasted too much and it was difficult to understing Baelisch words), and I find some scenes disturbing, like some violent and bloody scenes. I like how the characters are built and their emotions and ambiguity, and how their past has influenced them. I also like the political intrigues in the series. Now I am at 1x09 episode and really hate Jeoffrey. Do you watch this series? What do you think?

Oh, and the opening theme is FANTASTIC!!

3. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

All my friends have appreciated this drama and made me curious. I saw the first six episodes of the first season. Too many sexual scenes, sometimes there's a fight, maybe it sees some blood or a head that jump somewhere...occasionally.
    I like medieval stories, knights, honor and old justice but here...I don't know...after 4 episodes hasn't intrigued me. I've waited until the sixth episode but didn't enjoy and I dropped here

4. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Watched all 4 seasons... Although there are many faults, it is one of the best TV series I've seen. Now I'll buy the books. I love Tyrion and Arya

5. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I'm bumping this. If eight months considers a thread dead then lock it and I'll make a new one, but this deserves to be seen.

Game of Thrones is NOT a show for children, in any sense of the word. There is extreme amounts of violence, (especially against women), nudity, swearing, indecent amounts of alcohol and sex.

However, it is definately one of the best things I have ever seen. The third season had me balling like a baby, and I didn't want to come back to it, but of course I did, because we have to hope that someone gets a happy ending.

For those of you who have never watched the show, here is a spoiler free description for your viewing pleasure.
    Game of Thrones is a fantasy style TV show, comparable to Lord of the Rings and Eragon. I would like to remind you that it is NOT A CHILDREN'S SHOW. There are many disturbing themes, and it is very adult minded. The show follows multiple view points from various characters throughout the world as they battle to survive the turmoil caused by, you guessed it, The Game of Thrones. The whole line is that in the Game of Thrones, you win, or you die, and that pretty much sums up the whole series thus far. Characters that take risks and go into battle may very well not come back.
    My best advice to anyone who starts watching it.; do not get attached to any one character if you can help it. Fall in love with multiple people. That way, when one of them dies, you have others to fall back on. And yes, I did say when.

Since Season 5 just aired, are there any other fans around? What do you guys think of the developments?

6. Arch Mana Knight

Oberyn. ;_; He was so cool.

Also, I think that in light of recent events, I can finally like Dany. She's made lots of mistakes and is finally realizing that her father deserved to die and she's not as great as a ruler she thought she'd be. Meanwhile, Jon Snow is brooding as awesomely as ever. In the words of Kit Harington, "Jon Snow gets progressively more upset."

I'm really excited to see Dorne being brought up. Oberyn dying was a bigger plot point than I thought it'd be. Though it's pretty unfortunate he's dead...dude was the best warrior left in Dorne! At least his daughters can fill the void...but it's just not the same.

7. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

Spoilers for season 5 ahead.
    I was like, dude, this is why you wear safety goggles into battle. Seriously, you couldn't just poke him through the eyes, you had to drag it out.

After last week's episode, I seriously love Jon Snow. He's one of my top three now, but if you haven't seen it I won't ruin it for you. And I'm kind of starting to get worried that they're going to kill a dragon or have the two that Dany locked up starve or something bad, like that's the one thing she could lose that would really devastate her.

Jorah is my third, sure he was a spying *******, but he really did care for her and changed his mind and saved her life and she should just let hlm come out of time out.

They're alternating Sansa's arc, it's completely different than in the book so I'm scared for her too, but this is her chance to shine. Which makes me wonder...is she eighteen yet?