Square-Enix Final Fantasy Type-0 - Alternate Ending (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Shikou, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I think this is kinda funny for a ending. Its all happy and sorry I dont know the song that plays in the background. The YouTube one is mirrored and it lags a little but in the second link it is in perfect quality and not mirrored. I must warn you there is a little fan-service in the first few seconds.
    [video=youtube;O4o-rqZN9hM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4o-rqZN9hM[/video]
    [video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/vSkrB7w6Cqg/"]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/vSkrB7w6Cqg[/video]

2. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

Final Fantasy Type-0 is probably the greatest PSP game I've ever played. The ending is incredibly moving, and this just made me happy inside that they lived as a normal if slightly wacky Class.

I also found it funny that the uploader is named "SicexSeven".

3. Arch Mana Knight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EI9_c8aBzQ Song that plays in that video.

I thought I posted this in the Type-0 thread. ...Or maybe not.

Anyways, I don't have translations on hand but I know pretty much what everything says.

Emina is currently dating Izana and Nine had some sort of crush on her(hence why he sounds frustrated in the video).

Ace is studying for next semester and Machina drags him out to play.

Eight is talking nervously about something and it's heavily implied that he likes Cater. Cater is late to class and jumps off the staircase as a shortcut. Eight yells, "I'll catch you!" and you can see what happens there. XD

Sice has a love letter(poem?) for Kurasame and Seven sees it instead and thinks it's for her. Later it shows that Seven is considering taking up Sice's offer while Sice is all, "NO! ;-;"

Jack, Trey, and King are talking about band practice until King leaves and says he doesn't feel like practicing today. Jack is all, "Hey! PRACTICE NOW!" but then King says something about "I'm practicing in my heart." So Trey follows and repeats what King says leaving Jack to follow after them.

Cinque, Queen, and Duece gossip about how Ace is dating some chick named Mitsuki and that's about it really.

Then with Rem...nothing to translate there.

SPOILERS about the meaning of this ending.

It's not an alternate ending. It's a secret ending. Turns out Arecia is a god of some kind. Because of the first ending, Arecia decided to erase crystals from existance so that the war never happened, Cid had no reason to go evil, Izana and everyone else never died, Emina was never a spy for another nation, etc. Arecia was moved by Machina's(and Rem's?) actions after the end of the game and decided to change history. So...Arecia seems to be the most powerful character shown in the series so far.
    Though that doesn't mean a Type-1 or whatever a sequel/prequel could be called would not be possible. A sequel could take place during the timeline Machina and Rem already lived. Machina turns out to become the leader of Oriens(the continent they're on). He gets married and dies at age 67 with his wife nearby. I'm guessing said wife is Rem. They are said to have "romantic feelings" towards each other and there isn't any other pairing with them that'd make sense unless Rem dies(again). And about that disease of hers, I think it's safe to say that it's gone by the end of the game. Anywayyyyssss, like I said, a sequel could be made with the first ending as long as Machina and Rem are in it. There's not even a lack of characters. There's still Lean Joker and Tiz to consider since they're both part of Class Zero and are pretty damn mysterious.

4. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Yea I love that part, Seven was at the wrong place at the wrong time. The look on Sice's face on here after Seven said "It's for me?" made me laugh.
    I have heard rumors it might get a localization after the heat for XIII-2 cools down but from another sourse it says they might not due to poor sales for PSP game (wtf are they talking about?!).

5. ChrisSquareFan Moogle Assistant

How do you get the secret ending?

If I choose to turn l'Cie at the final level I get stuck in infinite battles... or almost infinite...Why can't I end the game with all chars being l'Cie?

6. Arch Mana Knight

Because that's not how the story happens. Those are infinite battles. You can't win. Choose the second option. Machina and Rem are the only ones who become l'Cie, not the rest of Class Zero. Besides, Machina and Rem are cooler than the others anyways.

The secret ending is gotten by...I'm not sure actually. I think all you need to do is choose the second option during the second playthrough. That red screen will pop up whenever there's an alternate story to play through and you just need to choose the second option every time.

EDIT: This was posted in the actual Type-0 thread but yes, there will be a localization. It was confirmed in the Ultimania for this game.

7. ChrisSquareFan Moogle Assistant

Thanks, I'll try it. I am at the second play-through and I thought I was doing something wrong... I hope I'll get that secret ending, because the default one is so sad, sorry if I spoil by saying this, but I think we're already used with sad endings lately in FF games...