Final Fantasy: A Song of Blizzaga and Firaga

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Jun 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Hunter chuckled a little when the woman, Veera, asked if he was actually Carlos of Dahaka. "No, but I use the name so much that I really hope there is a Carlos of Dahaka. If he exists, then boy has he had some adventures let me tell you. Lets see, if memory serves correctly...then Carlos has been sighted at many brothels, he's bought at least six slaves, and I remember one time he got drunk and laid claim to the iron throne. Now that, that was an adventure. Three drunken women were impressed until they found out I was full of it, but by that time the deed was done and they were under the impression that they had slept with the future king. The looks on their faces when I told them otherwise.." Stefano said, laughing to himself quietly. It then occured to him that maybe Veera would actually appreciate a name. And she had offered him food. "My name's Stefano, and I hail from house Ragnarok. But nobody calls me that, and I don't think you want to keep calling me Carlos, unless you feel like sleeping with the future king too? No? Didn't think so. Call me Hunter" the man explained with a grin.

[​IMG]
    He had no idea where he was, but Tobias didn't care. He was unable to move, and that was the important thing. He'd thought he'd escaped the guards, and he had, but apparently someone else wanted him dead or at the very least captured. That part didn't surprise him, not when he had as many enemies as he did. What did surprise him was the fact he hadn't been killed on the spot. A blessing or a curse? Depending on how much trouble he was about to be in, he was probably going to find out. He heard a voice though, and slowly he opened his eyes only to see someone there taking off his gag. At first he thought maybe this was the one that had kidnapped him, but then common sense kicked in. She was probably just as screwed as he was. He did his best to nod. For now, he would play victim and not murderous conniving prick. "Y-yeah, I'm alright I think. Just...scared. Do you know where we are?" he asked. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to lie to her but hey he had to have some fun.

2. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: Sorry for vanishing for so long. Too many excuses to list. xD ... D:

BIC:

The Hand's eyes fell on the Ser Regent's grip on his shoulder as the man informed him to pass word along to the Queen of their business. "With all due respect," Mareth rose to his feet as the others began to discuss lesser issues he believed did not concern him any longer. "I believe the Queen has need of me." Mareth rose to his feet slower than he normally would after the feast he, the Regent, and their guests had enjoyed moments earlier. With a quick bow of his head towards Baron Dahaka and Anima's ambassador, the Hand walked passed the massive oak table and towards the doors pausing only to allow a guard to open the door for him. The man gave one passing glance towards the Regent, his eyes narrowing slightly just as he disappeared out of sight when he left the room.

Roshan eyed the Hand as he left for business with the Queen. "I am certain Mareth will be required to do more than just act as a messenger. Perhaps the King requires Hand wiping." The Baron spoke lowly directing it towards Whisk, Anima's ambassador. He turned the golden goblet in his hand as his eyes fixed on what little remained of his wine slosh around at the bottom. The drink was far smoother and sweeter than what he was used to in Dorne as all the drinks his people concocted were meant for the much larger and rough Ronso that populated Dorne, a handful of which could actually kill the uninitiated or frailer races such as the Humes. As much as he enjoyed the drink, he found himself indulging less than ever before because of his duties as Baron as he needed to have a clear head to conduct business moreso than when he did when it came to fighting.

"So now that we have all taken care of business, Ser Regent," Baron Azi-Dahaka spoke as he too rose from his chair, catching the man before he could leave, "As the Stormlands lies between the Throne and my home, Dorne, I suspect I will have to pass along good faith to Baron Rybalte. Words from me would do better than a letter from you or the Hand stating how much you two missed his comforting presence." Just as Roshan was ready to bid farewell to the Regent and Anima's ambassador, a high-pitched scream came from the distance in the direction where Mareth had gone towards.

"Protect the King!" Shouted a guard from beyond the doorway.

Without a second's thought, the Baron rushed out the door.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Sleeping with the future king? Veera's lips curved into a smile. This man was charming, and he certainly knew how to use the assets he had. She was amused, and this was the sole reason she kept the conversation going. "So, Hunter, you didn't seem to enjoy your stay in the brothel. Have the ladies gone downhill since last time I was there?" She crossed her arms and slanted her hips to the side, the smile still firmly placed on her face. This man would be more of an interesting sort to mess with. "Such an interesting name. I take it you chose it yourself?" Veera didn't know who had named her, and she didn't care. "What are you doing in this fair city?"

[​IMG]

Kara sat back, relieved that the man was alive. At least she wasn't alone. "I don't know where we are, but it's a cave of some sort. I don't remember how we got here, but I was at an inn, and my friend..." Kara turned and looked around the dim cave, half of her hoping that her comrade would be here. The other half hoped he had gotten away, and would at least know that she hadn't abandoned him. Shit. She hadn't even gotten paid. "Um...my name is Ana." she introduced herself, struggling to get to her feet. "Kara Jereign of the house Dahaka."
    "We need to get out of here." she murmured next, more to herself then to him. "If they've bound us, it can't be good." At least, in her experience if there wasn't a bed and a good deal of liquor, it couldn't be a good thing.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

A blur, the Regent was gone and down the hall before his own guard could react, even passing Baron Dahaka. Hand on the hilt of his blade, he turned the corner and stopped, coming face-to-face with a figure completely covered in black. Their eyes connected for a moment before Vali saw a group of similarly-clothed men run across the next hallway, a bundle in the hands of one. Mareth, his own weapon drawn, and a set of soldiers quickly followed before a blast of magic erupted between them.
    Blade drawn, the figure stepped forward. "Don't mo-"
    Vali sped down the hall as the assailant fell, blood spewing from his chest from a blade he never saw. Turning the corner, Vali saw his own soldiers on the ground as Mareth battled two of the assailants. The figure holding the crying bundle was shooting ice magick to a duo of castle guards. Without warning, Vali turned around and slashed, his blade connecting with the bold of lightning shot at his back. The electricity surged throughout his body, but he showed no signs of pain as several more assailants rushed him. "You dare attack the King?!"
    He was a golden blur as his blade came down on an assailant's bare arm, but no cut was made -one born from the Phoenix? Vali slashed again, this time using his own sign of Fenrir to enhance his blade, and the assailant lost his arm. "Only one lives. The rest die!" Vali yelled to the Hand and his own guards.

Whisk was halfway out the castle gates when he heard the commotion. Without warning, a large number of guards ran past, yelling something about the King. "Oh, this is either going to be very good or very bad," the ambassador grinned, quickly following suit.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Ladies are fine. Better than fine, actually. I picked the name, tends to go with the style of work I do, and as for what I'm doing in the city...well to be frank, I got kinda bored. Not much happening outside of the city as far as I can tell, so I figured I'd come to King's Landin'. If there's ever a place to keep you on your toes and watching your back, it's this one, makes things real interesting. How about you?" Hunter asked. This one was interesting, to say the least. Surely she'd be some fun.

[​IMG]
    The woman's words didn't tell Tobias too much. It told him her name and house, but that was pretty much it. Could he trust her? No, he couldn't trust anyone. The moment someone was given trust was the moment he handed them a blade to stab him in the back with. "Thomas Eldridge, of house Valefor. I was out hunting with my father, he sent me after a boar and when I finally cornered it I felt a blow to my head and woke up here. It's so scary..I think I can get us out though" the thief said, as he shuffled his body around a little. With a heave, he dislocated his right shoulder, before using the knives on the belt around his waist to slowly cut through the rope that bound his hands. It took a few minutes, but eventually he got through. Standing up, he grimaced a little on purpose, making it look as though he were dreading what he was about to have to do. Slamming his shoulder into the ground as best as he could, his arm was fixed up. He loved the pain, but he wasn't going to show it. Not until he was sure it wouldn't work against him, anyway. Crouching down next to the other prisoner, Tobias pulled on his gloves with his claws in them, but he kept the blades retracted as he gripped a throwing knife and began cutting through the ropes of the other girl.

6. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

"Mmmm. Traveling." She decided on the safe answer. "You might be better off looking down the other side of the street for the better women." She added, pointing further down the road. She herself had spent many a decent night at the brothels down there, and never been mistreated. Well...she had been once, but that was only because she asked, and paid, for it.
    "I wonder, Hunter, if you're in the same line of work as I. If you're up for a little competition. Winner picks the prize." She grinned beneath her cowl, carefully keeping her eyes lowered. This could be fun.

[​IMG]

Kara cringed inwardly as the man dislocated his shoulder with an audible pop. Gods above, I hate that trick. She had mastered it, as was expected of her before going out on her own, but she hated using it. Hated the sound, the feeling, the vulnerability. As he began to cut at her bonds, she tensed when the cold of the blade touched her skin briefly. It wasn't the most of unpleasant experiences, and held a certain thrill to it, but the danger of a strange man behind her with a dagger was too much for her to ignore. Thankfully, her ropes fell away without further incident, and she rubbed her wrists with a sigh of relief, trying to chafe the circulation back into them.
    "Thank you, Thomas. I purpose we get the hell out of here. Whatever they mean for us, it can't be good."

7. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    At the mere mention of a challenge, Hunter began paying a bit more attention to Veera. He'd been challenged to something, and a challenge was something he almost never backed down from. "Really now? Alright, I'll bite. What's the competition?" he asked. Winner picks the prize. It had a certain appeal for it, being able to ask for anything at all. He knew there was a reason he'd began speaking to her, this one was certainly interesting.

[​IMG]
    Problem. Tobias really, really wanted to see who his captors were and why they had captured them, perhaps even get into a fight or two if he felt like it, but he couldn't. Thomas, whoever the hell that was, wouldn't do that. He'd probably run away with his tail between his legs. Was it worth abandoning the facade? He looked slowly at Kara, and then swallowed his urge for bloodlust. She wasn't the worst looking female in the world, maybe he could make something work. "We don't know the way out though. I want to escape, but how can we without knowing the way out? M-maybe we should explore a little" he suggested, having to bite his tongue on almost every syllable.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  8. Arch Mana Knight

Roshan did not waste time drawing his spear and, as a blade came cutting downwards missing by a hair's breadth when he sidestepped, gripped his assailant's throat with his bare hand. Dark blood-red wisps of magical energy poured forth from the man and wrapped around Roshan's hand as the light left his eyes. The man crumpled to the floor immediately dead before he even hit the ground. Just as two more rogues began to rush him the Baron extended his hand outwards towards them. "Now what sign did your fallen comrade possess?" Instantly the two men slowed their pace when Roshan made use of the stolen power and while watching the two begin to double over in pain and drop their weapons he recognized it as Zeromus's power over gravity. He drew his spear and stepped over towards the two fallen assassins as they gazed up at him both in terror and surprise. They had obviously never seen the sign of Zeromus used to so quickly bring damage to anyone. Of course, it was only to be expected to have packed a bigger punch coming from the Baron when compared to that of a lowly misfit. With two quick thrusts of his spear piercing their robes and cutting through their chain mail the two collapsed.

The Regent's voice gave him new strength and resolve to continue with his duel against his opponents. The flurry of blows they exchanged were intense and even as Mareth found himself being pushed back he took every opportunity he could to poke at their defenses. Several times one would make an attempt to circle around him only to find quick retaliation from Mareth to force his opponent back in front. He would not be stabbed in the back today. His skills might have become rusty but his eyes were as sharp and perceptive as ever. When the first man fell to his blade the Hand knew the battle was already over as his second opponent began to display fear knowing his advantage had been lost. Blood splattered across the marble hall as the second rogue fell. The Hand had finally dispatched of his two attackers finding himself breathing heavily and gazing at the dents in his aged sword. He had not been forced to participate in combat for a very long time and the new scratches in his armor bore proof of his slowing reflexes. With both Vali and Roshan present in the battle and swiftly dispatching of their foes his face relaxed somewhat knowing there was no possibility any of these criminals could bring harm to the King and his mother.

Mareth rushed towards the Queen's side, having distanced himself from her in the heat of battle knowing he had to get her and the King away from the skirmish as quickly as possible.
    "My Queen! Hurry! We must-AGGGH!" A searing pain shot up through his spine before he could reach her. Mareth's sword rung as it clashed against the floor, his armor creaking as he fell to his knees, He turned, watching as the world around him slowed almost to a halt with his eyes catching a glimpse of his attacker who he had known had not been in sight earlier. Even as he extended his hand towards the assassin he knew it would be to no avail. His magic failed him as Mareth crashed against the ground, blood trickling out of the hole in the back of his armor. "D-damn you...!"

9. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

"Alright, I'll bite. What's the competition?" Oh I hope you do. Veera thought to herself as she crossed her arms with a smile. "There's a priest. I want him dead. A last gift to myself before I get back to work. Septon Frye. Know the name, the face? He's a spiritual conscience to the High Septon. Whoever kills him first gets to pick their prize. What would I pick? She would decide when she won. She did have faith in her abilities, but it would make it more interesting to pick something on the spot. Something that would entertain her in the moment. "Mind you, bring proof that he's dead. Something physical. Like a finger, or an ear. No clothing, no jewelry. Something he would miss." She smiled menacingly at the last part before letting her arms drop. "Since I set the terms, you can pick the meeting place, and the time limit."

[​IMG]

Kara nodded, standing on wobbly legs and shaking them until the feeling had completely returned. "I agree. I want to find my ax. I had that thing custom made." She rubbed a bump on her head, wincing as her fingers grazed over the tender skin. They must have hit her when they knocked her out. That would explain the slight headache, although it could have been the drugs too. Footsteps coming from the tunnel made her freeze in place. She had her spells, but....thinking quickly, she rushed forward and pressed herself against the man she knew as Thomas, pressing her hands to his chest.
    "Don't move." She whispered in his ear as her hands warmed with the power of Ifrit. It might burn him a little, but she hoped he wouldn't be a bitch about it and make noise. Right now, they were placed in shadow, and if someone saw them, they might not realize right away they were the prisoners. By that time, she hoped they would have the element of surprise and be able to erase the existence of whomever the footsteps belonged to.

"You knife him and I'll use my fire." She murmured softly, standing on her tip toes in order to make her voice reach his ears. The footsteps reached closer, and her heart began to pound with adrenaline as the anticipated fight drew ever nearer.

10. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Tobias ignored the burning sensation that resounded throughout his chest as the girl put her heated hands against it. At first he thought she was making some kinda move on him, then it dawned on him that she probably wasn't. He was right, and he found himself nodding. "A-alright" he said, purposely putting on a stutter as though he were scared. He looked at the throwing knives in his hand, and for a brief moment he contemplated giving up the charade and simply using his claws; weapons he was considerably more comfortable using. He was good at throwing the knives, but this thomas guy he was pretending to be didn't sound as though he'd be trained in anything combat related. The boy waited a minute for the footsteps to get closer, and then just as the figure got close, he dove out at them and attempted to stab them in the neck with a throwing knife in each hand.

[​IMG]
    "If the priest guy you're wanting dead is the guy I'm thinkin' of, I'm pretty sure he goes around to a few houses in this area, funnily enough. He always comes in there, then leaves with a really satisfied smirk on his face, I think he's goin' in there and charging people taxes or getting them to donate to a false god. But yeah, I know 'im. Place is here, time limit's...hmm...three hours. Yeah, that should be fine. I'll be sure to leave behind a finger or two for you when I've killed him just so you know how close you came, alright?" Hunter asked, before picking up his sword. He was going to win this thing damnit, no matter how many people he had to kill to do it. He could never let himself be beaten by a woman, what would his friends that he didn't have say? He then took off in the direction of one of the mentioned houses, leaving Veera to play with herself or do whatever she desired while he went to hunt down a priest.

11. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]

Veera sneered at his back as she watched him go before slipping into the alleyway of one of the other houses. Because her creator is having issues related to typing, she spent the three hours scouting out the chosen house, learning the occupants, and breaking in, in very little detail. She crept through one of the top windows and past the sleeping occupant, a small boy, into the main room on the upper floor. When that was empty, she followed the hallway, down to where his mother was apparently busy making some sort of meal. The rest of the house was empty. Damn. She quickly left through the window she came in, a shadow fleeing out into the air just as the small boy woke. Checking the next house, and the next, showed that everything was calm. So where had she gone wrong?

It was the last house she stopped at, she stood there and clenched her hands, grinding her teeth. In the middle of the floor lay what looked like an index finger. Just a general inspection told her it was from someone who fit the age of the man she was looking for. Keeping the string of curses she mouthed silent, she left the residence and made her way back to the desired meeting spot, two and a half hours later. Now all she could do was wait, and see what Hunter claimed for his prize. She would never admit how much it burned her that she had lost, but a small amount of that was overcome by curiosity, and excitement. She had found someone to challenge her, at last.

[​IMG]
    Kara followed Thomas, leaping into the fray with her fire. Literally. The cave lit up as her spell bathed the walls with light. It didn't last for long, but when it ended she faced a second enemy, while Thomas was either stabbing or hugging the other. She wasn't sure, and at the moment it would be suicide to look as the man came at her with his sword. She ducked underneath and punched him in the side, moving instinctively. The move nearly broke her knuckles as she hit plate armor. Kara winced and backed up, ducking another swing before shifting to the side. It was then she noticed her ax, strapped to the man's back. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" She screamed, leaping at him and clawing his face with her nails. To be fair, was the only unprotected part of him that she had found, for now. "THAT'S MINE!" His sword missed her face by inches, cutting off a lock of hair that fluttered to the ground as she struggled to gouge out his eyes with her fingers.

At some point, the logical part of her kicked in, and she grinned as her palms heated once more. "Burn in hell, mother fu-" the rest of her sentence was cut off by the sound of the man's scream as she roasted him alive, cooking him like a lobster in a pot. When it was over, she wrinkled her nose at the smell and pushed his body over to yank her precious weapon off his corpse before standing. Her palms burned from the hot metal as blisters formed around the overly sensitive skin, and her stomach roiled, but she would throw up later. Right now, she had her weapon back, and that was all that mattered.

Turning, she glanced at Thomas. "I didn't realize such a shy boy would have such impressive prowess in battle. So who are you really?"

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Once Baron Azi-Dahaka joined in, the battle was over. Vali could have taken the assailants single-handedly, but he was forced to focus his energy in keeping the battle restrained, so no harm would fall to the King. Fortunately, as soon a Roshan gave Vali an opening, he moved with unfathomable speed towards his own guards. Any assailant in the way fell in a gush of blood as Vali sped past his guards, towards the assassin holding the King, and cut his damned legs off. He grabbed the toddler King as the would-be kidnapper fell, a look of confusion and pain on his face. Despite his crime, Vali did not let him suffer and impaled the rebel's torso before it hit the ground. "You are safe, my lie-"

"MARETH!!" Vali's own prowess failed him at the sight of his old friend being felled. How did he miss the last assailant? In one motion, he pushed the King into the arms of a guard and lunged forward, Duskblade behind him. Eyes wide, he raised his blade as the steel reshaped itself and brought it down on the neck of Mareth's killer, his own face being sprayed with blood. Behind him, the Queen was hysterically led away from the scene by the guards, along with the King.

Whisk turned the corner, nonchalantly, before jumping to the side to avoid being trampled. "Oh my. So the Queen is real," he mused. Then his eyes fell on the scene: Baron Azi-Dahaka standing over the bodies of three cloaked figures lying in a horrific amount of blood, a pair of legs and a torso sharing their own puddle of blood, and a couple more failed assailants. The corpses of three guards were also scattered, seemingly blasted by magick. The remaining guards were standing around Vali -his armor barely visible between them- who was kneeling over something. Behind them, a bodiless head rolled into the wall. Whistling, Whisk casually walked towards them. As the Miqo'te ambassador passed one of the cloaked corpses, it jumped to its feet -clearly not as deceased as it had looked- and ran to the window.
    "Agh!!"
    A blast of fire escaped one of Whisk's pistols and struck the man in the back. He fell, now a corpse for sure. "Well, beyond that," Whisk started, continuing his path towards the Regent. "Looks like I missed the fun-oh."
    His eyes widened as he realized what the Regent was kneeling over: a dying Hand, coughing up blood.

13. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    For a moment, Tobias considered making up another fake alias. He could've pretended he was some kind of bounty hunter, or maybe he'd claim he was an assassin, but then he thought of how this particular one had gone. Initially it had shown promise and then it had gotten boring and tedious. So screw that, another alias was a bad idea. He sighed. How was he going to sell himself as he was though? Wait a minute, he didn't need to..she'd just seen him be all badass and she'd complimented him. "Tobias Greipr, thief extraordinaire. If something's not nailed down, it's likely already being carted off by me already" he said, introducing himself, before thinking of the way she had been super protective of her weapon and caused that guard unbearable pain. "Except that weapon. That one's staying with you" he added quickly.

[​IMG]
    Hunter nearly burst out laughing as Veera returned. The look on her face was absolutely priceless. He wondered if she'd found the finger he'd left, just like he promised. Oh god he hoped she'd seen the finger, it would make the situation all the more entertaining. "Well I beat you here, you know what that means. I get to pick any prize I want. Could be booze, could be more food, hell I could even ask for sexual favors, but before I tell you exactly what it is I want, I feel the compelling urge to monologue the crap out of this conversation and explain exactly how I beat you. I'll give you three guesses right now, and if you get it I'll let you have the win. Sound fair? Awesome, state your guesses now or forever hold your peace" the bounty hunter said, stalling the conversation momentarily so his rper had time to write a flashback of sorts.

14. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Kara narrowed her eyes at the word thief, but relaxed her stance once he promised to not touch her weapon. "That would be a good choice." She replied to Tobias, letting the axe head rest precariously on her shoulder. "So. Tobias. Are you really interested in escaping with me, or is this part of a scheme to plunder whoever these gentlemen are of their riches?" She glanced around the dark cave, but didn't see anything strictly of value. Granted, she wasn't a thief, she was a mercenary. She wasn't supposed to know anything but fighting.

"Because I'm not interested in sticking around to see why I was taken."

[​IMG]
    Veera narrowed her eyes. "It's impolite to gloat." She snapped at Hunter, crossing her arms over her chest. "Let me guess. You picked the correct house first, and managed to kidnap him. Or else you saw him leaving one of the houses and followed him and killed him before leaving me the finger." She pinched the bridge of her nose as the words sexual favors floated by her ears. Of course he would go there. What man wouldn't? Not that she hadn't thought of it herself, but it was more annoying when he was the one demanding such things. It would have been much more gratifying the other way around.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Nope, even better. Take a seat, wouldn't want to knock you off your feet with this tale of epic proportions" Hunter said, sitting down himself as he gestured for Veera to do the same. "So first thing I had to do was find him, right? So I went asking around. I found some guy, mugged him for his cloak, then put that on so I had the whole mysterious vibe going on. Then I walked around to a couple of bars, found a few drunks there; drunks always talk more, especially when you buy them alcohol. I bought a drink for everyone there and holy crap my coin pouch has never felt so bare, but I got the info I needed. They told me the places the guy usually visits, when he visited them and how long he stayed there for. I took off the hood and then began hitting on a woman at the bar. One drink wasn't enough for that kind of information, she needed some other kind of payment. About ten minutes later, she was all over me" the male said, before proceeding to go into a lengthy discussion that spanned for about five minutes, going over every little detail of his sexual encounter with the woman, which happened to include several unexpected things such as grand pianos, dwarven ponies, and fuzzy pickles.

"Anyway, once she was so sore she couldn't walk anymore, I put back on my clothes and got up. After that half an hour of awesome I had to make up for the time I'd lost, but I'm calling worth. So I tracked down the guy and cornered him. He backed up, began screaming and begging for his life, and then....I KILLED HIM WITH THIS VERY FINGER" Hunter proclaimed, holding up his pointer finger dramatically. "I sort of jammed it in his eye and used the distraction to impale him with my sword. Simple stuff. Then I cut off that tiny finger that gods I hope you saw, left it there, and made my way here. Pretty awesome, right? So, as for my reward....I have two rewards in mind. Now, we can go and do the dirty here. I mean I'm a little tired after my encounter earlier, but I'm sure I can manage. The other reward I'm picking is I want to know why you wanted him dead. You never said it had to be only one reward" the man said slyly.

[​IMG]
    "Why not both?" Tobias asked, shrugging his shoulders. He didn't see any reason why they couldn't have both. Robbing those guys wouldn't be too hard; she never said they had to live, and why should they? And well he had to escape at some point anyway, he may as well leave at the same time as her. "If you're really that scared I'll just go and do it myself, doesn't bother me at all" he added, a small smirk at the corner of his mouth.

16. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera listened to his story with forced patience. She reminded herself that it was a nice day, it was a goof place to sit down, the scenery was lovely. Anything to keep from smacking Hunter as he recounted his tale. She mostly tuned out the adventures of the bed, as she decided to call them. Veera had a good toss or two of her own, but she didn't go sharing them, in very explicit detail. Explicit didn't even cover how much detail he went into.

"I did find the finger." She said evenly, producing the digit before laying it in the space between them. "I also didn't specify only one favor, but you didn't specify there would be more then one. There's a lovely brothel down the stree-oh wait." She smiled sweetly. "You told me they were out of women. Anyway, pick one favor. And regardless of that favor, I'll grant it." She added grudgingly. "But not here." The guards would start their patrol, and if they caught sight of the finger, she wasn't going to claim it.

"So, decide."

[​IMG]
    Kara crossed her arms. "I'm not afraid. I'm nervous. People don't kidnap other people off the street unless they have a plan in mind. And whatever their plan is, I don't fancy being on the receiving end." They had taken her from a road, not exactly busy, but it was public. She was't the best fighter, but she was good, and they had been better. "Fine, I guess I have no choice but to follow you. I don't exactly like either of our chances if we take them on alone." She sighed though, huffing her chest as she did so to express her exasperation at Tobias' inclinations. "I guess I'll let you leave the way then."

17. CrownMoksha Decimo

Having no idea about anything that may have been or is going on, Veilen ventured into the capital. There wasn't any particular reason for his arrival here, the capital had ended up being the closest place to him at the time, so he decided to make a quick stop here. Odds were high that he would just walk around the capital before heading off to someplace else. That said, it wasn't like he was going to make a short trip through the capital. Veilen adjusted the sling that held his weapon before walking further into the capital, looking around at his new surroundings.

18. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Right as Hunter was about to respond, he suddenly got an intense feeling of Deja Vu. It was like someone had been writing his life story, and had attempted to write this part before only to backspace it repeatedly, but that was crazy talk, wasn't it? In any case, he got this tight feeling in his stomach, as though something were terribly wrong, as though he had missed something for a long time or otherwise forgotten something extremely important. But what was it? Oh, of course, he'd been an idiot and forgotten about the most important thing! A sandwich! He'd forgotten he was hungry! Ah well, he'd have to fix that later.

"You're making a man choose between having a good f**k, and knowledge that may prove the downfall of a woman in an argument? You absolute monster. You vile, evil wench. Clearly i'm rubbing off on you" Hunter stated, a little smugly. Had he actually just called someone a wench? What had been in those drinks? He thought long and hard about the decision. In the end, it came down to one thing. Was he going to feel like a legend, having the romp of a lifetime, or actually be a legend and defeat a woman in verbal battle? Well crap, when he put it like that it was a stupidly simple decision.

Holding out his hand, he unleashed a cocky grin. "The choice has been made. I choose to find out why you wanted the man dead. The real reason, not some horrible fake story. But it shall not happen here, for I do not wish to be killed by guards. Actually, screw walking. It will happen here, without the guards" the man declared. He climbed up the side of a very small building they had been standing nearby as two guards came patrolling. "BANZAI!" Hunter yelled out, as he leaped off of the building and rapidly descended towards the guards, his sword ready at the ready. He was going to **** some **** up.

[​IMG]
    "Oh you worry too much. Relax, they'll die pretty quick. If I can steal things from the most professional guards without them noticing until a couple of minutes later, I think I can manage to kill a few weak minded fools without them doing anything. It's all about the approach. Being really stealthy and all, just watch" Tobias explained. He took one of the throwing knives and held it up in the air, showing his new comrade. "You aim one of these things properly, and it doesn't matter what they throw at you" he stated.

He heard the kidnappers approaching. It was faint, but he could hear it; which meant they were close enough a good throwing knife would take care of them, provided he landed it right. He raced forward and stood in front of them, before hurling a throwing knife at one of the guards. The knife landed its blade straight in between the eyes of one of the four men. As the body hit the floor, Tobias felt a bloodthirsty surge go through his body. "My name is Tobias Greipr, and you are about to be fucking murdered!" he bellowed, drawing his daggers and preparing for battle.

19. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

[​IMG]
    Veera blinked at Hunter's response. He was honestly, a very strange man. And then, as he declared his intent to get rid of the guards, she backed up. That is not a good plan, is what she could have said. Probably should have said, she reflected as he took off towards the incoming band of armored men. Buuut she didn't. Instead, she turned, and disappeared into the crowd of people that started screaming and running as the violence started.

I wonder if he realizes that they'll only call more guards. She mused, ducking into an alleyway. Whatever the case, if he was as good a hunter as he proclaimed, (she pointedly ignored he had beaten her in a hunt) then he would be able to find her. She wasn't making it hard, in any case, as she wandered down the road and turned onto the long bridge that led to the castle. The view was beautiful here, and as more guards rushed past her, she leaned against the stone railing and looked out at the world below, the wind tugging at her hair.

[​IMG]
    Kara stood, nonplussed, as Tobias did the exact opposite of stealthy. He outright attacked them. What wave of testosterone went through your brain? She wondered to herself as she gripped her weapon, face set in some sort of grimace. She hadn't really planned on fighting again, more like sneaking out and trying to figure out what the hell was going on. But that wasn't going to work with this guy, and well, she didn't really have any other choice at the moment. She stepped forward, ready to fight as the other three guards also prepared themselves. She made the second move (the first being taken by Tobias eye goring the first man) and swung at the man on the right, their weapons clashing with a loud clanging noise. Today was going to be a long day.

20. Aelin Best Waifu

It was dark and cold. Runa listened to water dripping from the stone above her head and down to the cold, damp ground that she was sitting on. The girl was shaking and scared. Her hands and feet were bound and there seemed to be little escape for her. How did she end up in a situation like this? She was just looking for some work. She hadn't expected any of this to happen. It all happened so quickly she didn't have time to fight back. She didn't know where her weapons were, she didn't know where she was. She didn't know what to do. Was this how her adventures were going to end? The whole situation was so confusing and messed up, and Runa didn't know what to do about it. She hung her head low, letting her long strands of blonde hair cover her dirtied face, waiting for something to happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.