Final Family: The Third Thread 8D8

Discussion in 'Forum Families' started by Arch, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Arch Mana Knight

At least Myst stopped.

Happy birthday!

2. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

haha thanks~ |D
    //is a content demo...for the moment
    //PUUUURRRRS

3. Arch Mana Knight

Got any cake? THAT'S LOUD PURRING. XD

4. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

lol, no, cake is on sunday when my bro and his wife will be coming over o3o
    //PUUUURRRRRSSSSSS

5. Arch Mana Knight

What kind of cake is it? STOP BEING SO LOUD.

6. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

idk o-o we haven't gotten it yet .3. i won't even have to decide until Sunday XD

7. Arch Mana Knight

Then suddenly. Thanksgiving is coming up. Anyone excited? I'm not.

8. Aelin Best Waifu

Thanksgiving already passed for me.

9. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Same day as my birthday xD

10. Arch Mana Knight

Silly Canada pretending that it can have holidays on the wrong days.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

We can do what we want. I don't care what you Americans think.

12. Arch Mana Knight

Except, Canadians are Americans too since we share the same continent. ...Oh and Canada never declared independence. They're still owned by the Mother Country. XD /totallydoesn'tbringthisuptoeveryCanadian

13. Aelin Best Waifu

first off:

second: We gained indepence from Britain in time. We didn't fight for it we earned it. We have almost nothing to do with them anymore. The only thing we have is someone in our Parliament to represent the queen but they don't do anything so yeah. We are independent.

14. Arch Mana Knight

Functionally, Canada is independent. But it never declared independence. It's not technically independent. Canada didn't really earn anything. What happened was the equivalent of Britain not caring enough to keep total control over Canada. Besides, you contradict yourself with the whole "we have is someone in our Parliament to represent the queen" thing. Regardless if they're relevant or not, it's just fun to poke at.

Oh, and Canada is part of America. It's a geographical fact.

15. Aelin Best Waifu

So what if we didn't declare our independence. How does it make a difference? Seriously I doubt things would be any different if we had. Besides we didn't have to have a war to get to where we are now. We saved thousands of lives by doing it this way and remain more of a peace seeking country. That is a good thing/

It is part of North America but when most people refer to Americans they refer to people from the United States of America, not people from North, South, or Central America because they could all then be classified as Americans and that is a far to wide of an area. I am Canadian not American.

And I am very argumentative.

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Machina, shut up. You're too American xD

17. demonchick25 Hollow Bastion Committee

On an unrelated note; despite my birthday trip being earlier this week, I managed to loose weight! :'D

18. Arch Mana Knight

Well, plenty of other countries in America followed suit after the US when it came to independence. So I don't believe it had anything to do with "saving lives". Wars are what caused the US to advance so far. It's the reason why we're the "big brother" to all the countries in America. It's the reason why we kind of have "dibs" on the title America. We're the biggest thing here on this side of the globe and we got here by having the biggest stick. Oh, and if Canada had just declared independence like the US did, there's no chance they would have lost if there was a war. Britain was too busy with the French Revolutionary Wars which happened not long after the American Revolutionary War.

As it stands, Canada is just a country that was weened off its bottle from mommy Britain but it isn't one of the "big boys". Still, it's a nice place. Just...a little dull when it comes to history since wars are pretty much the defining part of it. ...All this talk about history is making me wonder why there's so much insulting going on in popular culture when it comes to the relationship of France and the US(they gave us the Statue of Liberty dammit). We should be high-fiving each other.

Canada has Ubisoft so that's a plus for them. Just putting that out there. << >>

19. Aelin Best Waifu

First of all Canada is technically bigger then the States is. And second Canada is more a peace seeking country. We don't want wars, it doesn't matter if we can win them or not. We prefer to keep it peaceful. Besides we don't have much of an army for that reason. And we are plenty far advanced without having a war to get that way. Because of how we chose to do things we have better trade relations with Britain which benefits us.

Who cares if our history is dull. Personally I am happy there wasn't as many wars as in the States. I am proud of that fact. And we Canadians have a decent relationship with France because instead of trying to drive them out of our country we gave them a entire province and let them keep their ways. There was still a bit of a rebellion and fight but nothing to major. Quebec doesn't really consider itself a part of Canada because of it's different culture, but they are. We Canadian remain in the good books of a lot of countries because of our peace seeki9ng nature, while the states are despised by many places and a lot of it has to do with them being a super power in the second world war.

If getting along with other nations and being peaceful means having a boring history I will gladly take that trade off.

20. Mysty Unknown

Biggest wish I have that involves my dark side... I wish Canada and Australia would go to war. Just for the lols.