Fictional realm astral travel

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by SmashFan127, Mar 24, 2013.

1. SmashFan127 Traverse Town Homebody

Seriously, I'm starting to lose patience with you.

2. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

What a coincidence! I've already lost patience with you! Isn't rational thinking grand?

3. SmashFan127 Traverse Town Homebody

If you are fed up with me, then why don't you get out?

4. Arch Mana Knight

Three mods viewing this. inb4lock

5. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Because it's fun to wind you up.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Oh wow

/inb4Plumslocksthis

7. ShibuyaGato Transformation

>argument flared
    >thread isn't locked

Now that's what I call success~
    1AM post Cat/Can go to bed

8. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh god I hope you didn't get dream piss on yourself.

9. Patman Bof

I heard of a French doctor who collected many obe testimonies from his patients. Puzzled by their amount of acurate details, despite the patients being clinically dead (as in brain dead) at the time, he decided to devise double blind protocols to test if people experiencing an obe can actually travel or if they' re just imagining the whole thing. Hiding written messages in different rooms, stuff like that. Trust me, that didn' t exactly gained him his colleagues sympathy, some even wanted him expelled. He had everything to lose and not a cent to gain. I haven' t seen any result published yet, but apparently he' s far from being the only doctor taking that topic seriously.

However I also heard of someone who thought he could astral project, but eventually grew suspicious. He started hiding books at his place, opened at random pages, to check if he could read them in his astral travels and see if that matched reality when he got back. He failed miserably.

Personally when it comes to extraordinary claims testimonies aren' t exactly rocking my world, show me peer reviewed studies or gtfo. If you want to try to astral project nonetheless I guess there' s no harm in that. Well, if you avoid people trying to get money out of you that is. I wouldn' t hold my breath about exploring fictional worlds in reality though ...

10. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Astral Projection can't get you to fictitious worlds. Astral Projection is where you leave your physical body in bed/on the chair and can freely roar around the world in an almost metaphysical existence.

What you'd want to use to explore fictitious worlds is Lucid Dreaming.

11. SmashFan127 Traverse Town Homebody

How do you know Lucid dreaming is what I need to travel to my destination?

12. Plums Wakanda Forever

Lucid Dreaming is when you're aware you're dreaming, and as such, can control the dream; you can go to any world or meet anybody, real or fictional, long as you can imagine it. Howeverrr, it's more important to remember it's a dream. While dreams are pleasant and can be an escape from real life problems every now and then, becoming too engrossed in, and convincing yourself, that the dream is more preferable to, and actually is, reality will make you lose touch with what's real and what isn't.

(Granted, over doing any Defense Mechanism like that is bad for you in the long run)

Not saying you or anyone would do that of course, but just a general "hey watch out"

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Not to utterly undermine your message here, but Inception.

14. Irony Moogle Assistant

So. You posted this thread a few days ago, got spammed like all hell, dealt with people debating over this stuff, and along with your discovery, you posted not a single fact with it...

You should post facts.
    So you have a good reason not to get trolled or have people start going into Lucid Dreams.
    Because right now you sound like a nut.