Square-Enix FF: Type-0

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kingdom_hearts_loverXX, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Patman Bof

From the first article you linked :
    Err ... the one place where the modern generation doesn' t sell well already is Japan, which also happens to be the one place where Type 0 is so last year. You know what would actually build some hype in Japan ? The FF they haven' t had yet. You know, the one you promised not to be mute about anymore ? That one.

Now that makes more sense.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  2. Arch Mana Knight

Well, the coop feature that was in the PSP version of the game won't be making it into the HD version. There were some things tied into it that, I'm guessing, will be made available through other means in Type-0 HD which is a plus(for those who hate multiplayer and didn't want to use it to get locked rewards) and a minus(no multiplayer) in its own right.

Also, the development team is still working on figuring out how to implement the "secret training" from the original version where you could level up a character if your psp was asleep while the mode was active. I personally used it to max out a few characters' levels.

Source: Siliconera

3. Patman Bof

YES ! I hate when SE locks unique stuff behind multi. I don' t give a damn about multi, and even if I did I literally can' t use it on handhelds : none of my friends buy those, let alone the same games as me. I' m still shaking my fist at you, Sword of Mana.

As for the secret training from what I' ve seen in the demo grinding is fast anyway.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

No co-op? Listen, that sucks. Hard. But forcing me to participate in it for certain stuff? No, bad.

Never lock content behind multiplayer unless you plan to keep that multiplayer alive for the next 50 decades.

That said, sad I can't play co-op :C

5. Arch Mana Knight

Seems like this game's going to be at TGS. So excited. Also seems to be a "coming soon" title listed in between some of Square's games. It's possible this might be FFXV. Or a mobile game.

Source: Gematsu

6. libregkd -

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  7. Arch Mana Knight

8. libregkd -

9. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

10. libregkd -

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

GIFS of English gameplay (from the removed link):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [DOUBLEPOST=1410993591][/DOUBLEPOST]Backup video:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  12. libregkd -

13. Arch Mana Knight

Feels funny watching Type-0 have better graphics than the entirety of the XIII series. It's to be expected considering everything. Pretty disappointed those 25 minutes of gameplay came from someone who wasn't very good(Rem should be spamming magic ALL THE TIME) and the fact that it only showed off Rem, Ace, and Seven. Dammit I wanted to see Machina in all his HD glory.

The maps all look bigger than they used to. And dat lighting. Can't wait.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1411064160][/DOUBLEPOST]Opening cutscene(not really but close) right here:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  14. Arch Mana Knight

When, jokingly, told in an interview that Tabata should direct FFXVI he said he would want to make Final Fantasy Type-1 first.

Not really any news considering Type-1 and Type-2 have been trademarked for years but it gives hope for the expansion of Type-0's universe. Have a gif to pass the time.

[​IMG]

15. Arch Mana Knight

Dat Behemoth.

16. libregkd -

17. Arch Mana Knight

lol no gameplay? There's gameplay. Not much but it's there.

Most important thing in the trailer was a brief glimpse at how Machina's VA will sound. Other than that...well, can't expect anything new here.

18. libregkd -

19. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

I'm still a wee bit disappointed that there's no Vita version (I love my Vita, awright!) but thank goodness for remote play! I've deliberately ignored content/info about the Japanese version for years and now that it's only a few months away I'm quite excited. Still gonna avoid topics about it as much as possible but the trailer looked promising. Definitely a pre-order for me (even though it's out during exam season).

20. Arch Mana Knight

New trailer showing off a bit of everyone:

Except Ace, Machina, Nine, Duece, Trey, Cater, and Sice. So not nearly everyone. Queen's VA...is not good.